The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crash to desktop

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    100% not related with ram, it doesnt make sense the same issue happen on all platforms.
    Pretty sure its multiple bugs, one is related to liches and similar.
    you have the freeze on spindle 1 last boss.
    3 in group froze only I was not affected. Did not notice, it was normal so boss was almost down, just remember I healed quite a bit, then burned the boss then realized it was an problem. I did not block during the white screen.
    This was before the patch so not sure if fixed.
    Looks like stability overall is lower but this has not affected me overland, in Cyrodil or other dungeons.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like i said in a response to someone on this post, i have had my task manager open since this began and noticed high memory usage and gpu spikes, maybe turn down settings to minium may help
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I run vHRC a lot and since Markarth, I get super consistent crashes on the Yokedas bosses. always at least one crash after that fight starts on right side at least
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too many crashes to count, despite their 'fixes'. BGs still crash.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    BGs crashes non stop. 9 out of 10 matches so far have crashed in BG.

And none of this started until last patch.

Every other game I have runs fine.

Its getting a bit ridiculous.

• Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Intha1313 wrote: »
    Wayrest II, 3 out of 4 of us crashed at the same time. Thankfully one didn't and he completed the Lich by the we loaded back in. PC/NA and it was a total freeze up. Really needs to be fixed ASAP.
    Ok so liches are not fixed in 23.11 pc update.
    Had not have any crashes since Monday but only done a few dungeons. Tuesday pledges as I remember.
    But got stuck in an infinite loading screen out of an delve in Cyrodil, had some crashes in Cyrodil over two groups. PC-EU

After this is over and it is REALLY fixed, wouldn’t it be wonderful if the devs caused giant liches at a world boss level to randomly spawn in places like the Undaunted camps in honor of this time when they tried to escape their dungeons? 🤣
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had a crash in the Labyrinthian public dungeon during the group event. :(
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps a new Australasian server would take the pressure off the other 2 (and improve my ping) :p
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC eu. Randomly crashing, whatever the situation is. I've just crahed 2-3 minutes ago in Cyrodiil.
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not crashing to desktop... but I am freezing and the only way to fix it is to restart the PC.

Hapenning whenever I speak to one of the Undaunted crew and, of course, with the Lich Boss in Wayrest 2 - still getting stuck behind that door as well, right beforehand. Crouching doesn't fix it.

PC NA
  • ForeverJenn
    ForeverJenn
    ✭✭✭
    Crashed alone today two times in nCloudrest. Different bosses. Game freezes and have to log out of windows/reboot computer.

Happened last night too nCR+3. Froze two of us and locked up game. Didn't happen the second run we did.

Can't get to task manager. Have to power or switch/sign out of windows.
    Edited by ForeverJenn on November 26, 2020 9:34PM
  • Green_Dbg1991
    Just running an alt through the Dragonhold Quest - crashed to desktop repeatedly. Tried disabling all addons but still crashing. At least 10 crashes so far. Hopefully they will do something to fix. Am packing up now game un playable
  • GreneBene
    GreneBene
    ✭✭
    Just running an alt through the Dragonhold Quest - crashed to desktop repeatedly. Tried disabling all addons but still crashing. At least 10 crashes so far. Hopefully they will do something to fix. Am packing up now game un playable

Exactly what prompted me to make an account here... can't finish the quest :'(
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twice I've crashed in vSS.

So much for 'fixing bugs'
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • Lerozain
    Lerozain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok so liches are not fixed

Unfortunately this is not limited to lich type bosses, as crashes are occurring randomly in overland, during dragon fights (Elsweyr), BGs, Harrowstorms, during reloadui attempts, non-lich dungeon bosses such as Sellistrix, during character loading, and many more.

The game is more unstable than I have ever seen it in the last two years.

• HappyElephant
    HappyElephant
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix the game.
    The rubber-banding, lag issue are really bad in vMA
  • RIPnRhyme
    RIPnRhyme
    Soul Shriven
    Crashing just about every other BG on Xbox. Crashed on multiple fights as did my group in DSA. My buddies are also crashing very frequently.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please fix the game.
    The rubber-banding, lag issue are really bad in vMA

Yes, VMA play like slow motion
  • RIPnRhyme
    RIPnRhyme
    Soul Shriven
    I forgot to add we have tried reinstalling as well.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I mean bc I crashed even I didnt do anything, just 1 sec after login into the game, lol
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    Intha1313 wrote: »
    Wayrest II, 3 out of 4 of us crashed at the same time. Thankfully one didn't and he completed the Lich by the we loaded back in. PC/NA and it was a total freeze up. Really needs to be fixed ASAP.
    Ok so liches are not fixed in 23.11 pc update.
    Had not have any crashes since Monday but only done a few dungeons. Tuesday pledges as I remember.
    But got stuck in an infinite loading screen out of an delve in Cyrodil, had some crashes in Cyrodil over two groups. PC-EU

After this is over and it is REALLY fixed, wouldn’t it be wonderful if the devs caused giant liches at a world boss level to randomly spawn in places like the Undaunted camps in honor of this time when they tried to escape their dungeons? 🤣
    Giant bugs and trolls, kind of like in the Blessed Crucible second last fight, but think dragons in difficulty :)
    Drops random gear from any dungeons including monster helms but but don't spawn often
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    greyreymoor - main quest - had to restart couple of times just to speak with fenorian or he to appear at quest marker - he is getting shy if there is another player around :smile:

markarth shrine - kicked to login screen with error: try again later (but more fancy said)...
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pamichic wrote: »
    @ZOS_SarahHecker How can console submit reports to help? We are on a consistent crash in trials as well. We will all gladly provide any information to get this fixed ASAP

Normally we get crash data from consoles automatically, but if there is something that is always causing you to crash (such as a specific boss or mechanic) feel free to post here or do a bug report so we can look into it further.

VMOL this evening on Xbox eu
    First run hard mode no issues
    Second run , 20 or so Crashes / dcs in our team. Lag all over the place and the minor slayer skill for everyone kept dissapearing so
    We had to keep taking gear off and reequipping it (this affected anyone who was running minor slayer)
  • rnklippel
    rnklippel
    ✭✭✭
    My game closed today at vBRP (last boss second arena) and now it's just closed again at last boss of vSS before starting the fight.
  • Lerozain
    Lerozain
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA - Hard crashed earlier on Lokkestiiz fight in nSS, playing on magsorc. The crash occurred a split second before the dragon died. Game locked up, had to log out of Windows and back in to close the game. I couldn't tab to task manager.
  • crypticwelder
    crypticwelder
    Soul Shriven
    PC=NA,blue screens and game freezes at least 3 to 4 times a day ,after that i say deuce on it and and ask myself "will this be the day i try pvp or a do my 1st dungeon?" ...i like pve ,but it took me 6yrs to get my 1st (only) lvl 50, on a side note,can you send gold to another 1 of your characters?
  • TheRealXRatedCamper
    TheRealXRatedCamper
    Soul Shriven
    Ps4 NA is awful. You cant go 8 mins without a blue screen.

In a 2hour prog: we were not able to get through one 8min vcrhm without at least 1-2 blue screens

When is the next fix???
  • Maxime
    Maxime
    ✭✭
    Today: Banished Cells I on normal
    Immediately after the Clannfear boss spawned the whole game became frozen and i had to ctr-alt-del to close the game
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I had three, all three were during lich boss fights (2 were Fang Lair or some new thing I hadn't done much, 1 was wayrest)
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've experienced two different types of crashes since Markarth dropped: the crash to desktop, and the kind that freezes the system so badly that I have to force-reboot my computer. I'm unable to submit a crash report through the game either way.

The crash to desktop has been happening in Cyrodiil (I'm trying to get Rapids back). Every single time it happens, I'm in the middle of a keep battle with players and NPC's running about. Seems the game is not liking me doing in a PVP zone exactly what the PVP zone is for. I can spend hours in Cyrodiil doing PVE daily quests with no problem (but the AP gain is soooo sloooooow), but as soon as I try for a big fast-paced battle, the game can't take it anymore and just dies.

The hard freeze always happens during excavations, when I try to use a fully charged Heavy Shovel II. The first use of the shovel works fine, but when it tries to do the second dig, I get the hard freeze. It's like it's such a swift action animation that it breaks normally slow ESO's brain.

I'm here now because I just got the Cyrodiil crash twice in an hour. While I'm waiting for the server to realize I'm no longer in game and let me back in, might as well relay my issues. And go eat some Thanksgiving leftovers. And maybe just play something else for a while instead because games should be fun, and I'm not having any of that at the moment with ESO constantly mucking up. :/
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on November 27, 2020 9:18PM
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions should chill the fetch out and party together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.