The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crash to desktop

• FalZhardumDin
    FalZhardumDin
    ✭✭
    Hey all, thanks for these reports. We are looking into this. If you play on PC and crashed without the send report option popping up, it would be helpful for us to get more information from you so we can investigate further. If you happen to remember where you were on the map (or in the dungeon, trial, etc.) or what you were doing please let us know.

@ZOS_SarahHecker during Veteran and Veteran Hard Mode Sunspire on PC EU last thursday (19.11.20) 8-10 PM CET and today (23.11.20) also 8-10 PM CET :
    - add pull after so called "Ice Room",
    - Lokkestiiz interphases during Laser Beam (LOCATION: all over the fighting area),
    - Yolnahkriin during overlapping mechanics Flare + Fire Atronachs spawns (LOCATION: near the boss),
    - Nahviintaas during interphases with adds while using all our ultimates to burst down mobs (LOCATION: middle of the circular arena)

It just felt that the crashes where happening when too many effects were active at one time, for example multiple ultimates used in one spot or mechanics overlapping.

EDIT: and also as many people already wrote in this thread - the crashes occurred for multiple players at once, so like 2 or even 4 players in one second were getting them.
    Edited by FalZhardumDin on November 23, 2020 10:54PM
  • Sassyuke
    Sassyuke
    ✭✭
    It has happened to me and most people I play with in Cyrodiil CP PC/NA at least once a night during big fights but it has also happened with about maybe 6 players in one area 3 were werewolves with pets. One night I crashed to desktop 3 times.
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today, nSS 1st boss after he flies away 1st time and atros spawn in. Hard freeze with volume still playing. Today crash to desktop porting back to Rawlkha. Yesterday twice at the 3rd boss in Wayrest 1
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • Veles
    Veles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, thanks for these reports. We are looking into this. If you play on PC and crashed without the send report option popping up, it would be helpful for us to get more information from you so we can investigate further. If you happen to remember where you were on the map (or in the dungeon, trial, etc.) or what you were doing please let us know.

MOL
    - first boss;
    - trash pack before second boss;
    - second boss;
    - trash pack before last boss;
    - last boss.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I kept crashing it was at mudcrab beach the boss in stormhaven I’m on PS4 Eu.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]
    Czekoludek wrote: »
    [Quoted post was removed]
    I thought you were joking for a moment, but then saw the post on their official Twitter
    https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/1330954781255491588?s=20

Normally, this would be pretty cool (well, it still is aside from problems) ...but imho it's going to be viewed and feel like some serious damage control atm. :|

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on November 24, 2020 11:25AM
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]
    Czekoludek wrote: »
    [Quoted post was removed]
    I thought you were joking for a moment, but then saw the post on their official Twitter
    https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/1330954781255491588?s=20

Normally, this would be pretty cool (well, it still is aside from problems) ...but imho it's going to be viewed and feel like some serious damage control atm. :|

Yep.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/553910/official-discussion-thread-for-eso-live-nov-25-12pm-est-tamrielic-cooking-with-gina-jess#latest
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on November 24, 2020 11:25AM
  • neomvll
    neomvll

Ok, do you want some reports?? 201106-005103 / 201115-005066 / 201114-008172 / 201113-004979 / 201109-005509 / 201108-006735 / 201108-004255 / 201106-003670 / 201106-003668
    "Hi all,
    What happens to me:
    Since last update(6.2.5), ESO is pretty unplayable. Is crashing in almost all DGs, sometimes more then 1x per boss. Fang lair for example, I and others in group cant pass the Caluurion boss !!! Almost 100% crash in that fight.
    My 2 DK tanks, orc and imperial, are crashing there. Usually, I do heavy attack (last time I crashed when was blocking), igneous shield, pierce armour, green dragon blood, cinder storm, choking talons...

What I did separately to test:
    1 - follow this post https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32492/kw/crash
    2 - play with a fresh install
    3 - test my account on my wife notebook. Intel I7 based, 1050ti, 32gb ram, ssd, game with default configs and without addons.(my pc is AMD based, completely diferent)
    5 - run fang lair alone with my tank dk
    6 - Now I got a new PC, fresh install from anything

Same result, so its not a game/hardware config or addon !!!!"

Here is a nice list about the crashes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551194/list-of-user-reported-random-loading-screens-crashes

EDIT more crashes: 201123-004781(maarselok), 201123-005142

PCNA
    Edited by neomvll on November 24, 2020 3:28AM
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PCNA.

Crashed over 20 times I guess, in Cyrodiil, since update 28. The game suddenly freezed and I was kicked from the game. Usually there's a system message like "an error occurred, please log in later".

Most of the crashes happened when I was taking keeps and usually when our alliance almost conquered the keeps.

I lost large amount of AP because the crashes happened before scoring and I couldn't log in for a few minutes (with error message: already logged in).

Sometimes I was not fighting but walked slowly, but the game still crashed.

Most of the time the system didn't show any error reports. I already sent system error reports when available.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • starshine123b16_ESO
    This patch this morning seems to work in no way. Group members still have crashes like hell. In most cases, they getting freezes with a following shut down of the whole game without any chance to send some reports (called "crash to windows").

It often happens in boss fights or right before getting into that area. Heals and Tanks are often having this problems (vKA with one tank and one healer isn't that nice!).

I got 1 disconnect (back to windows) today, while I was playing my healer. I got some lag spikes before, I saw only one huuuuuuge hp bar and then game directly crashed. After that I restarted game and really got pissed off that message "Your account is already logged in". Really annoying until server knows that "whoooops, you aren't logged in, maybe I should let you get in again".

Isn't there any chance to have an IP based check at login? When login comes from the same IP as played before, log in faster?

I know, this would be no fix to that crashes, but trying to re-login is really annoying, especially when party wipes/finishes while you're not there (or on random normal dungeon guys already killed the boss and you get no loot/geodes for random daily).

Edit:
    Platform: PC
    Server: EU
    Edited by starshine123b16_ESO on November 24, 2020 1:45AM
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    Literally every trial is unplayable because of the constant crashing. Most of the time people are just standing around and crash. [snip]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on November 24, 2020 11:26AM
  • GreneBene
    GreneBene
    ✭✭
    Game has been crashing for me in Cyrodiil quite a bit.

Game has also been crashing continuously when I head into Dragonhold during the New Moon Rising quest. It even crashed when I turned off all my addons. Honestly really frustrated after crashing there nearly 6 times in a row with no progress to the quest.
  • MinnesotaKid
    MinnesotaKid
    ✭✭✭
    Still seeing massive problems w/ crashing in cyro.
    whole groups are crashing now so not sure that today's patch did much good.
    PCNA - GH
    MinnesotaKid

• Rastoric
    Rastoric
    ✭✭✭
    Just happened PC NA Vvardenfell main town bank. Just checking inventory after doing daily writs. First time crashed and no popup to report. Game just went away.
    Just Say No! to changing Sorcerer Magicka skills to Stamina.
  • kmkastl
    kmkastl
    ✭✭
    One of our tanks crashed during the Shade of Z'Maja in vet Cloudrest tonight.
  • droz8881
    droz8881
    @ZOS_SarahHecker - just my 5 cents -
    ever since I've disabled a number of addons (and updated the others), the game haven't crashed so far in a week or so (fingers crossed).
  • PopcornChickenz
    PopcornChickenz
    Soul Shriven

Hi Sarah.

Crash is still occurring in wayrest sewer 2, the lich boss. NA PC. 3 Group members crash at the same time.
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after yesterday's disaster of a trial with endless crashes, I decided on some solo levelling of skills at Spellscar in Craglorn.

I now get the exact same crashes there, just I am solo, no one else in sight.

I noticed I get a short freeze every time I use an ult on a large group of enemies as well. This is something new that I haven't experienced before today (just like this kind of crash is new, at least for me). The game freezes in the exact same way as when it crashes for about a second, then (unlike when it crashes) it starts working again.

The crashes themselves have only happened during combat for me, but oddly they don't seem to be at the most intense moments of combat (like when I use an ultimate). They just seem to be during any old random moment that I happen to have maybe one or two skills active. It was the same in the trial yesterday - the crashes didn't line up with when ults were called or other high activity moments. They just happened whenever.
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    Still crashing on Garron in Wayrest Sewers 2
    PC EU

Actually it's worse because it crashed twice in the same fight.

If CRASH
    this post CRASH
    was the game CRASH
    it CRASH
    might look CRASH
    like this
    Edited by karliahquinn on November 24, 2020 8:48AM
  • TheRedRavenTR
    TheRedRavenTR
    ✭✭
    I ALWAYS crash right before my fully-charged heavy atack ends, right before it does damage. Never had this issue before this patch. Of course it's not every heavy atack. Its rare but happens at least once every time i play.
  • flevi
    flevi
    Yeah, it crashes pretty much everywhere, pc eu, I crashed during solo bg, group bg, cyro, vHoF, vMA, fg1 (normal random), while doing mane quest in shadowfen or picking flowers near alinor's battlemaster...
    I can't belive that this issue is not reproducible enough since we rarely finish a group bg with 2-3 friends and have nobody crashing like this.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None for me. But plenty of occasional stutters that cause bad language
  • Lerozain
    Lerozain
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA.

Crashed just walking around in Elden Root. Not in combat, not mounted, not in group, not in queue, no pets active, no abilities active.

Crashed on last boss of normal Crypt of Hearts 1 (group of 4).

Crashed fighting Vhysradue world boss in Northern Elsweyr (not in a group).

Crashed in harrowstorm in the Reach once all three pikes went down (not in a group).

Crashed in nSS during Lokkestiiz fight and sometimes during trash pulls.

• Umbro100
    Umbro100
    ✭✭✭

People crashing in dungeon and in trials. Mobs or bosses. Any. People crashing doing writs. Travelling overland. I am on a log on screen and even before I log in the game, I crash. Not even in the game, nothing loaded, just the log in screen before writing in the password. [snip]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on November 24, 2020 11:28AM
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC EU, crashed to desktop three times in Darkshade Caverns 2, one time in Halls of Fabrication
    DC2
    • Crashed on Transmuted Hive Lord
    • Transmuted Alit's
    • Grubull the Transmuted
    Halls of Fabrication
    • Pinnacle Factotum, when he casts the meteor shower
    • We had quite a few of our group crash on the Refabrication Committee also

Edited by CyberOnEso on November 24, 2020 10:53AM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU, crash in vCR+2, our group experienced several crashes , straight to desktop. Not sure if there was a coinciding mechanic going on.
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mainly Bashing. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. Non-Constructive posts and discussions do not help the situation and can get in the way of useful discussion.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mainly Bashing.

Mainly crashing?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. It's frustrating to have the game you love become virtually unplayable in some situations
    Edited by karliahquinn on November 24, 2020 11:47AM
  • croakie
    croakie
    ✭✭✭
    These crashes are occurring on PS4 NA as well. Blue screens are random but the freeze screens occur when there is a lot of visuals on the screen. In addition, there is a short freeze of a second or two with a buzzing, but the game starts back up. I have also noticed that throughout game play there are short pauses without the buzz, my impression is that the game is thinking of freezing but decides to continue. I had these before yesterday's patch and after.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is happening at least 3-4 times per hour for some people in our 12m groups too. Others don't crash at all.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)