The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crash to desktop

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0 today, 0 yesterday, 0 the day before that, 0 the day before that, etc.

The last time I had a crash to desktop was when I pressed the little "increase speaker volume" button on my keyboard while the launcher was in the process of launching the game. The same thing happened about a week before that, although I'm not sure why pressing the "increase speaker volume" button while the game is launching would do that, especially since I can use the buttons to increase or decrease the speaker volume while the game is running without causing it to crash.

Anyway, no crashes here-- knock on wood!
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • iomgi87
    iomgi87
    ✭✭✭
    5 times a day in cyrodil
    The Elder Sload Onlag broken edition
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since there is no crash report windows, we might as well report here :

Crashed for the 3rd time today. Was in BG or Cyro each time.

Can't remember the last time i crashed before update 28. Since update its rare that a day goes by without one.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, like 4 or 5... But I was spending about half a day on the game..
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iomgi87 wrote: »
    5 times a day in cyrodil

That happened to me too. Almost every crash occurred when I was taking keeps. Lost scores due to the crashes.

I've cancelled my ESO plus auto renewal, and I won't renew the subscription until they've fixed their servers.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    More than 4 in pvp bg today. Several in cyro
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have only had 1 since the patch, plus another 2 where I have disconnected from the server and wasn't able to reconnect. (Since other online games were fine it appears to be on ESOs end).

It has definitely been happening to people in my guild in cryodil, weird situation where the lag is better but the game keeps CTD
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third BG after patch today, same crash.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »

Relog, new BG, new crash.

Even with the daily crashes since update 28, this is the first time i crash in two consecutive BG.

Either bad luck or today's patch made things even worse.
    Edited by Aznox on November 23, 2020 6:39PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Sindarin
    Sindarin
    ✭✭✭
    before today ive got crashes to desktop, today ive got crashes i couldn't even close the game, had to restart computer (5th times in one vSS run), now im playing in windowed mode coz its easier for me to close the game (and ive got more crashes, including dungeons, today then before)
  • sireneloreley
    sireneloreley
    Soul Shriven
    I confirm that the crashes were not fixed with 23.11 update, the game freezes and stop to respond so you need to close it via task manager. Our raiding group had two crashes during vCR, in vHOF 5 crashes. Excuse me wtf, you were supposed to fix it not to replace with another crash
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienMagi wrote: »
    Is anyone else worried that ZOS only acknowledged the dungeons/trial crashes?

No word about overland and pvp crashing in the known issues post...

Same, most of my crashes were outside trials/dungeons, just while doing overland stuff: ping would spike, game would freeze, and then crash. I don't know if the fix today included those crashes too.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runaerian wrote: »
    Two yesterday. Never happened once before this last patch.
    I concur. I don't use any addons and I even reinstalled ESO completely last week. I was lucky enough to NOT have any of the crashing/freezing issues before patch dropped today. Now, it seems EVERYONE is getting crash/freeze now. Seems this "hotfix" actually managed to make things worse. :s:#

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert ???

source.gif

Edited by scorpius2k1 on November 23, 2020 8:44PM
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multiple bluescreens and game freezes on PS4 even after the patch.

Many Others reported same... GG ZoS. Keep up the "good" work.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • FalZhardumDin
    FalZhardumDin
    ✭✭
    8 of 12 people had crashes during vSS, the worst were ones during Nahviintaas interphases with adds. The screen just froze for 4 people in one moment, we needed to restart our PCs...
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMoL HM... half way through Rakkat 6/12 people all crashed together.

Tried again. Half way through and 4/12 crashed. All at the same time.

Screen freezes and music continues to play for us all until game finally closes.
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezhh wrote: »

Screen freezes and music continues to play for us all until game finally closes.

Yo same!
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Æva
    Æva
    Soul Shriven
    Niaver wrote: »

Yo same!

SAME!!!
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Relog, new BG, new crash.

Even with the daily crashes since update 28, this is the first time i crash in two consecutive BG.

Either bad luck or today's patch made things even worse.

Aaaaaaaand it's a third.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To continue...

Another pull: two crashes (runner and lead)
    Yet another: one crash (off tank)
    Another pull: three crashes (including healer and main tank)

Basically trial is unplayable. It's almost always multiple people at once, and not always the same people either, so definitely a game issue, not an us issue.

Edit: one more try and five crashes....
    Edited by Ezhh on November 23, 2020 10:24PM
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, thanks for these reports. We are looking into this. If you play on PC and crashed without the send report option popping up, it would be helpful for us to get more information from you so we can investigate further. If you happen to remember where you were on the map (or in the dungeon, trial, etc.) or what you were doing please let us know.
    Staff Post
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, thanks for these reports. We are looking into this. If you play on PC and crashed without the send report option popping up, it would be helpful for us to get more information from you so we can investigate further. If you happen to remember where you were on the map (or in the dungeon, trial, etc.) or what you were doing please let us know.

PC EU.
    It has happened a lot in Cyro at resources, outposts and keep fights.
    Also has happened in the middle of BGs
    In Dungeons (Fang Lair, Wayrest)
  • Dysturbed
    Dysturbed
    ✭✭✭
    Crashed twice in a short time Summerset at the crafting stations doing writs third time just looking in inventory all with in first hour today.
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks for looking at this.

PC-EU here. My trial group experiences multiple crashes per Rakkat HM attempt. It's not at one point in the fight, but when it happens it is multiple players at the exact same time, so far between two to six players each time, and not always the same people.

There is no option to send any info when the crashes happen. Instead the screen freezes and music keeps playing and we must manually force close the game.
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks for looking at this.

PC-EU here. My trial group experiences multiple crashes per Rakkat HM attempt. It's not at one point in the fight, but when it happens it is multiple players at the exact same time, so far between two to six players each time, and not always the same people.

There is no option to send any info when the crashes happen. Instead the screen freezes and music keeps playing and we must manually force close the game.

Yo same! I'm starting to suspect we are in the same trial
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

PC EU:
    • I tried to interact with a woodworking station in Summerset
    • I tried to port to Craglorn
    • I tried to defend a keep in Cyro
    • I tried to take a keep in Cyro
    • I tried to play a dungeon
    • I tried to kill the ice giant in vMA
    • I tried to kill the big vamp dude in vKA
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Ekoe1954
    Ekoe1954
    ✭✭✭
    crashed twice within about 20 minutes. Both time I was just in Elden root beside the Wayshrine, simply typing in chat.
  • moonsugarcane
    moonsugarcane
    Soul Shriven
    PC/NA. It happened right as the tank announced they were pulling the Assembly General in the Halls of Fabrication (normal).