The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crash to desktop

• madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting a UI error after digging an area, when I try to scrying for another in the same area the error occurs.
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting a pop up asking me If I want to leave as well.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is Fang Lair even in the rotation! LMAO Nobody can finish this dungeon! (just froze at lich like everyone else)
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 today thus far, prior to that , counting backwards, 4,2, 2,1,3,0,6,2,0,1,2.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 right now on Caluurian in Fang Lair, plus the rest of the group. Why wasn't this fixed?
  • Mrs_Malaka
    Mrs_Malaka
    ✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    I haven't gotten blue screen but my game has frozen up three times in the last two days:

Once in Razak's Wheel in the large room with all the mobs around and the spymaster in the center.
    Once in Fungal Grotto fighting Gamyne Bandu.
    Once in Crypt of Hearts fighting Nerien'eth.

I can never get to Program Manager to close the game, all is black, so I have to reboot the computer.

I had this problem too. Then a friend suggested to me that I play in windowed fullscreen mode. And sure enough, when I freeze (which happens more than is acceptable) I can access the task manager to close eso down. I hope this solves your problem. I am glad I don't have to force restart my computer anymore :relieved:
    "But screw your courage to the sticking-place,
    And we’ll not fail."

PC/NA & EU
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 crashes yesterday, both of them against liches - I think it was the "old" bug which only affects one player, and only if that player is playing in first-person (as I was), rather than any of the "new" bugs which can cause an entire group to crash and seem to affect even third-person players.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    VoM
    crash to desktop
    no error log option
    followed by 5 min 304

someone needs to fix PC-EU (for good)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Southern Elsweyr, attacking the third aeonstone pinnacle on the island in the sky. Crashed straight to desktop, no error dialogue.

And again while fighting Kaalgrontiid.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on 4 December 2020 14:20

And again fighting Kaalgrontiid. I guess I'll give up on that for now.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on December 4, 2020 2:42PM
    PC EU
  • neomvll
    neomvll
    madman65 wrote: »
    Getting a UI error after digging an area, when I try to scrying for another in the same area the error occurs.

Same:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7038614/#Comment_7038614
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    n/a
    Edited by Wolfpaw on December 7, 2020 10:02PM
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 minutes wasted at the Lich boss in Fang Lair. We couldn't get past it, everyone crashed without end. But yeah, have a dungeon event. *slowclap*
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DJfriede wrote: »
    30 minutes wasted at the Lich boss in Fang Lair. We couldn't get past it, everyone crashed without end. But yeah, have a dungeon event. *slowclap*

It's what they always do. Frankly, I'd welcome a FF14 overhaul of this game, just so I can enjoy it more than I wonder why I even play it.

We'll never matter to the devs or the suits, we are just dollars and numbers to them.
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about freeze up so bad you have to restart your PC? Happening frequently lately - today while killing the Shrine Warden while soloing City of Ash I for the Undaunted event
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    One of the suggested "fixes" is disable addons.
    I'm playing on Stadia because my PC is dead an I'm waiting for a new one. I thus cannot use any addons.
    I struggle to play using Stadia anyway due to the whole thing being unstable for me with my crappy Internet connection. So these crashes make an already difficult experience absolutely impossible... All I want is my tickets for this event 😔
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • Navarril
    Navarril
    ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable. XBox was patched before PC? I switched from XBox to PC, in large part because game-breaking bugs were getting addressed much more quickly.

Now, I'm feeling like the customer in the George Carlin clip referenced earlier in this thread (it's truly worth watching).

All because zos decided to cozy up with Stadia. Screwed PC users because they knew the Stadia playerbase would be too small to support a good player experience. Way to go zos. Screw the players who provide you better margin (because you don't have to share with Microsoft or Sony) just to pursue whatever deal you made with Google.
    Edited by Navarril on December 5, 2020 4:13PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarril wrote: »
    Unbelievable. XBox was patched before PC? I switched from XBox to PC, in large part because game-breaking bugs were getting addressed much more quickly.

Now, I'm feeling like the customer in the George Carlin clip referenced earlier in this thread (it's truly worth watching).

All because zos decided to cozy up with Stadia. Screwed PC users because they knew the Stadia playerbase would be too small to support a good player experience. Way to go zos. Screw the players who provide you better margin (because you don't have to share with Microsoft or Sony) just to pursue whatever deal you made with Google.

Xbox first was an accident. The need for maintenance the first Friday night of an event was unintentional. Just review the announcements to understand what happened.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    just got CTD from blessed crucible for the first time , another one added to the list
  • GreneBene
    GreneBene
    ✭✭
    Well, I just tried the Dragonhold quest again after the patch, and I'm still crashing :(
  • Umbro100
    Umbro100
    ✭✭✭
    GreneBene wrote: »
    Well, I just tried the Dragonhold quest again after the patch, and I'm still crashing :(

I crashed 3x since the patch, on different chars, different places. so disappointed
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they post stuff like "we have fixed some bugs..." you should by now know it means that most likely it is not fixed.

The more vague their answers or deep their silence is the bigger mess you have in your hand.

Not suprised that the game still not fixed
    Edited by Miswar on December 7, 2020 7:54PM
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 different people just crashed on Yolna in vSS.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • GreneBene
    GreneBene
    ✭✭
    It's really sad, I was hoping for some continuity but I ended up finishing the reach before Dragonhold.. anyway, here are some images from before the crash, maybe they are useful? Once I head through the portal and follow Sai Sahan, it's basically on a timer before the game just freezes and crashes to desktop, literally don't have the time to screencap that (I have tried). I've submitted three tickets already and made an account here just because of this :neutral:

Screenshot_20201207_131507.png

Screenshot_20201207_132503.png

I expect crashes in Cyrodiil, to be honest, and I don't really mind them because that's an ongoing tug of war. Same with dungeons, because I've done them before, though I expect the frustration of people who haven't has to be right up there with how frustrated I am at this halt in story progress.
  • Nattoki
    Nattoki
    Soul Shriven
    Just did vHoF HM with a prog group
    1st run was fine, 2nd run 2 crashes at 1st boss, 2 DCs... It's just annoying at this point tbh. I don't even want to try vSS HM like that
  • rnklippel
    rnklippel
    ✭✭✭
    My game just closed fighting trash mobs in Wayrest Sewers II. PC-NA
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rnklippel wrote: »

Maybe those trash mobs were using addons. It’s the only explanation because Wayrest 2 was fixed today.
  • Pearly
    Pearly
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we'll get a fix in two weeks!
  • Intha1313
    Intha1313
    ✭✭✭
    It's scary that there's been what, 2 or 3 attempts at fixing this now with no success. [snip]

[edited to remove bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on December 8, 2020 2:46PM
  • rnklippel
    rnklippel
    ✭✭✭
    rnklippel wrote: »

Maybe those trash mobs were using addons. It’s the only explanation because Wayrest 2 was fixed today.

Indeed! Those trash mobs have always used addons, but they had never crashed like this until about a month ago.
  • NaomiHutt
    NaomiHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still keep getting my game freeze and crash to either login screen or desktop, I can be simply on a trading guild, in my inventory or as it just happened now trading my partner some kuta.

I can even go afk for 2 minutes and have my game crash to desktop (no this is not the normal inactive kick I'm referring to)

I really hope they can fix it soon.