The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where is she?

• AntiFTW
    AntiFTW
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

Bit easy of you to say: Just port to a friend or guildmate? And what if people don't have those? Some of us play this game (mostly) solo. Just spent hours porting around to hopefully find her at some point?

And what if guildies are also unable to spot her? It has been three days already which means that people who had their tickets maxed out three days ago are already missing out on 9 tickets.
    I have a suggestion to make, ZOS. For every ticket we lose because of the Impressario bug you cannot fix, you will give us 250 Crowns as compensation, exactly the price you ask us to pay for tickets in Crown store.

I think this is a fair deal, not even asking for much. Since the time taken to try and find her are also wasted. I must also agree with the people saying its amazing how you are able to lose the Impressario. Ive been programming for over 10 years now and I know how elusive bugs can be, but this is..... impressive.

And for three days already? It would be admirable if you would at least explain what went wrong here. On top of the 3 tickets/per day * 250 crowns compensation that Gatekeeper mentions ofcourse.
    Edited by AntiFTW on November 1, 2020 4:32PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checked Stonefalls - nope
    Checked Glenumbra - nope
    Checked Auridon - nope

Ok, maybe DLC zones...

Checked Vvardenfell - nope
    Checked Summerset - nope
    Checked Elsweyr - nope
    Checked Western Skyrim - finally found her there...

Now I just want to ask, what if some one does not have a dlc or chapter ? Or what if I would have not bought it ? I would lose a base - game event tickets...

... I have nothing on that. Like... no comment. I am speechless.. :|
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As someone that spends about half of the working week fixing bugs, how difficult can fixing this specific event breaking bug be? I'm sure this bug should have prio, because of the event... It's here for a couple of days.. Where is the fix?
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    She's nowehere to be found in PC EU currently
  • Swordancer
    Swordancer
    ✭✭✭
    She's dead. Covid-19 killed her.
    Edited by Swordancer on November 1, 2020 1:10PM
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's nowehere to be found in PC EU currently

Yes, all the places I looked now on my main turned up empty. Auridon, Vvardenfell, Stonefalls, Summerset, Glenumbra, Western Skyim, Northern Elsweyr - always the same. Only the stupid assistant and the indricks are standing around, no impresario. :(
  • nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love this game, been playing and paying since launch, but omg sometimes ZOS you really don't make it easy to keep enjoying the game.
  • Swordancer
    Swordancer
    ✭✭✭
    Everything is broken. xD
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    I met her at Daggerfal.
    Whisper me in any case @ad4mss
    Follow me on Twitter @JAdamczewski
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I found her in Auridon.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiming in late here, but I suggest killing your first boss (ticket boss) in a zone that does NOT have an impressario tent. These zones seem to have the event turned on in all instances (at least that I have seen so far).
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this worked for me in Deshaan and the Rift yesterday. But once you're about to lose tickets, only the impresario can help.
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally found her in VVardenfel last night and got to spend my tickets. If Zos can't fix her they should raise the ticket limit, 12 tickets is stupidly low anyway.

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's crazy they still haven't fixed this... and sending players on a chase. Standards dropping just because the event is finishing, but boy it's nice when people buy tickets in the store... -_-;;;
  • Kravinoth29
    Kravinoth29
    ✭✭
    PC NA, just found her in Northern Elsweyr

• Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Chiming in late here, but I suggest killing your first boss (ticket boss) in a zone that does NOT have an impressario tent. These zones seem to have the event turned on in all instances (at least that I have seen so far).
    Sadly this is not true, I was killing bosses in Malabar Tor, after killing 3 and not receiving any loot (not even gold, let alone the Plunder Skull) I gave up and moved to a different zone, Auridon of all places, Impresario was loaded in, I killed a boss, and the Dremora Plunder Skull, World dropped.

Ticket limit should indeed be removed completely, forever, if people do the effort, just reward them every day regardless of their currency amount?

Perhaps everyone who logged in these past few days can receive a mail containing 3 separate event tickets per day the event was severely bugged? Those tickets can be looted from the mail individually, and don't expire. Sounds quite reasonable.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • Gylzyn
    Gylzyn
    ✭✭✭
    This comes on top of the bugged start and then the fact that Hollowjack motifs can be gained either from the grab bags or buying them at exorbitant prices - yet they are required for the achievement which you need to be able to buy the house for gold. This is not a good experience for relatively new players or those that have not done these events before. And all of that comes on top of previously troubled events. "Go searching" is possibly all that can be suggested whilst ZOS sorts out the bug - but there must be other things that ZOS could do to help players out at this time. But I fear that this will be another problem just ignored. I do feel that customer services could communicate better too.
    Edited by Gylzyn on November 1, 2020 2:54PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So last I night I checked first in Glennumbra that she was there. Then I went into a nearby dungeon to kill a boss and get my tickets. When I returned, she was gone. Snuck off to break while I was gone like five minutes.

Traveled to some guild mates and found her again two locations later outside Vivec City.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jiigen wrote: »
    Sadly this is not true, I was killing bosses in Malabar Tor, after killing 3 and not receiving any loot (not even gold, let alone the Plunder Skull)

Malabar Tor world boss loot drops are bugged since well before the event, while I was hunting for antiquities leads months ago it regularly happened that WBs didn't drop any loot at all, their dead body wasn't lootable even when I solo killed them.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem will self resolve in 2 days, and then won't even be thought about.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    as bonus yesterday played all questline at southern elsweyr and didn't get single plunder skull from quest bosses. not that they drop something impressive but some writ and recipe are always welcome...
  • Gylzyn
    Gylzyn
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    The problem will self resolve in 2 days, and then won't even be thought about.

True, it is possible to find an Impressario, after some searching. Bosses not dropping things is perhaps a different matter. But I think we should be expecting ZOS to do better.
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    No skulls or impresario in any city I checked this morning. Probably been to at least 8 different cities. Just finished a trial and no skull either.

Edited by Feaky on November 1, 2020 4:49PM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    when I lost her 1 day ago, I looked at all sites and she was not anywhere. Someone in chat said to log out and log back in.

So I did. And presto chango, she was right in front of me.

That fixed it for me.

:#

Edited by barney2525 on November 1, 2020 5:01PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I forgot about the other part of the issue. If plunder skulls aren't dropping and if the assistant is saying "she'll be back later" or whatever in the instances where she's missing, then that would mean the event is somehow turned off in that instance.

That does seem to be the case...good catch.

After rethinking, I don't think the event is "turned off" in some (most?!?) instances, at least not "fully" turned off, because I can check at the tent and she'll be gone, but then I can go to a nearby dolmen or world boss without taking a wayshrine (so I'm not changing instances), kill the boss, and still get either a Dremora Plunder Skull or regular Plunder Skull.

I think the only times I've not gotten a Plunder Skull from killing a boss are when I'd killed another boss just shortly before and gotten a Plunder Skull then, suggesting a cooldown period as we've seen in other events. I'm not sure whether the type of boss matters as far as a cooldown; presumably any cooldown is for bosses that drop the same type of Dremora Plunder Skull, such as if you're farming bosses in a public dungeon.

Also, if the event were fully turned off in a given instance, then I'm guessing you wouldn't be receiving the XP boost. That is, I suppose it might be like the end of any event, where you can continue to receive the boost as long as it's still in effect (hasn't run out). But I'm pretty sure that the boost ran out on me while I was by a tent where the Impresario was missing, and I was able to use the whistle to reactivate the boost, and I don't think the boost would have reactivated if the event were "turned off"; maybe drinking from the cauldron and turning into a skeleton would still work, but the XP boost shouldn't.

But it did work for me, so that-- plus my continued ability to earn overland Plunder Skulls without having to change instances to one where the Impresario is present-- suggests that the event isn't "turned off" in certain instances, just the Impresario.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I forgot about the other part of the issue. If plunder skulls aren't dropping and if the assistant is saying "she'll be back later" or whatever in the instances where she's missing, then that would mean the event is somehow turned off in that instance.

After rethinking, I don't think the event is "turned off" in some (most?!?) instances, at least not "fully" turned off, because I can check at the tent and she'll be gone, but then I can go to a nearby dolmen or world boss without taking a wayshrine (so I'm not changing instances), kill the boss, and still get either a Dremora Plunder Skull or regular Plunder Skull.

I think the only times I've not gotten a Plunder Skull from killing a boss are when I'd killed another boss just shortly before and gotten a Plunder Skull then, suggesting a cooldown period as we've seen in other events. I'm not sure whether the type of boss matters as far as a cooldown; presumably any cooldown is for bosses that drop the same type of Dremora Plunder Skull, such as if you're farming bosses in a public dungeon.

Also, if the event were fully turned off in a given instance, then I'm guessing you wouldn't be receiving the XP boost. That is, I suppose it might be like the end of any event, where you can continue to receive the boost as long as it's still in effect (hasn't run out). But I'm pretty sure that the boost ran out on me while I was by a tent where the Impresario was missing, and I was able to use the whistle to reactivate the boost, and I don't think the boost would have reactivated if the event were "turned off"; maybe drinking from the cauldron and turning into a skeleton would still work, but the XP boost shouldn't.

But it did work for me, so that-- plus my continued ability to earn overland Plunder Skulls without having to change instances to one where the Impresario is present-- suggests that the event isn't "turned off" in certain instances, just the Impresario.

I would love to know, from a technical perspective, how that happens. How on earth do you turn off one part of an event in some (I think you’re right that it feels like “most”) instances but the rest of the event itself is still running?

Between this and all the other mind-boggling issues that aren’t fixed in a timely manner, it feels like the game has seriously overextended with no end in sight.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Witches Festival is one of my favorite events, this year has been so fun but this is a stupid bug to have and not fix.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

I would love to know, from a technical perspective, how that happens. How on earth do you turn off one part of an event in some (I think you’re right that it feels like “most”) instances but the rest of the event itself is still running?

You might have multiple binary flags or whatever, each for some aspect or group of aspects of an event.

For instance, presumably the Impresario has a flag or variable to indicate whether she's visible/active or invisible/inactive, or something to that effect, and that variable would presumably need to be separate from any variables which are specific to the Witches Festival event, since the Impresario's appearance and disappearance is tied to all events in general and not to just one specific event.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

You might have multiple binary flags or whatever, each for some aspect or group of aspects of an event.

For instance, presumably the Impresario has a flag or variable to indicate whether she's visible/active or invisible/inactive, or something to that effect, and that variable would presumably need to be separate from any variables which are specific to the Witches Festival event, since the Impresario's appearance and disappearance is tied to all events in general and not to just one specific event.

Thank you!
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Witches Festival is one of my favorite events, this year has been so fun but this is a stupid bug to have and not fix.

And there's hardly any point talking about it now. Maintenance tonight for Markarth then less than a day before the event's over.
    All ZOS has to do is keep quiet and let human apathy take over. If the Markarth release doesn't drown out this issue, no one will remember it in a few days. Just like no one remembers all the exploits and screw-ups that happened this year or realizes there's no point bringing it up anymore.

http://gq-game-mods.blogspot.com/2020/02/year-2020-eso-facepalm-moments.html