The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where is she?

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming that we are aware this is an issue and are still working on a fix. If you're having difficulty finding her in an instance you can also trying porting to a friend or guildmate who can see her. That should get you in the correct instance to spend your Event Tickets.

So does this mean it is a finite number of instances that are bugged?

Can those be shut down or diverted?

Edited by newtinmpls on October 31, 2020 7:27PM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    I did eventually get to spend my tickets, but wasted a lot of time just looking for her, which ruined it a bit for me.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does one manage to mess up a NPC spawn that was here for like years?
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Gorreck
    Gorreck
    ✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »

It is impressive, for sure.
  • Spaceisdark
    Spaceisdark
    ✭✭
    Gorreck wrote: »
    You might even say it's Molto Impressario...
    Edited by Spaceisdark on October 31, 2020 9:36PM
  • NicGroover
    NicGroover
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the impresario ? not in Auridon not in Western Skyrim. No time to look elsewhere... :s
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know whether the Impressario is around or not, but plunder skulls are not dropping (PC NA). I just did a WB and a delve in Summerset and did not receive skulls of any variety from other boss (and I loot everything). I should have checked as to whether I got tickets but did not think to do so...
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a suggestion to make, ZOS. For every ticket we lose because of the Impressario bug you cannot fix, you will give us 250 Crowns as compensation, exactly the price you ask us to pay for tickets in Crown store.

Edited by gatekeeper13 on October 31, 2020 10:12PM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know whether the Impressario is around or not, but plunder skulls are not dropping (PC NA). I just did a WB and a delve in Summerset and did not receive skulls of any variety from other boss (and I loot everything). I should have checked as to whether I got tickets but did not think to do so...

With all the bugs happening in game ATM, I fully believe what you are saying, but at the risk of playing devils advocate I have to ask. Are you doing enough DPS in these warbands? The bosses only drop so many skulls and only the top DPS get them (I think maybe 12 skulls drop, not sure).
    I am not sure how it works for healers, I have healed dolemns during the boss fight (the entire second it lasts, lol) and never gotten a skull. But I pop everything to DPS them when I am on a DPS and I usually always get one.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's instance-related as was suggested, or if it's a loading problem.

What I mean is, I occasionally have trouble finding the banker in Daggerfall-- other players are standing around where she is, interacting with her, but she isn't there for me. What I learned by accident is that I can leave the bank and go run around the blacksmithing building, then go back to the bank and she'll be there. I'm assuming that works because I'm leaving one "cell" (if that's the right term) and entering another, then reentering the one that has the bank in it-- that is, the same procedure that players use when they have multiple copies of a particular crafting survey, where they harvest the nodes, ride away for a little distance, then ride back to harvest the nodes again.

So you might try that if the Impresario is missing for you-- just ride away on your mount for a bit, then turn around and go back to see if she "loads in" correctly for you. I haven't tried it yet myself; I'm just offering it as a suggestion.

Last night I went by the Impresario in Daggerfall to see if she was there, and she was missing. I didn't need to spend tickets, as I'd already done that the night before, but people had been talking in zone chat about her being missing so I wanted to see for myself. Then I went to the nearby Ilessan Tower delve to get my daily Dremora Plunder Skull for delves, and when I came back out she was there. I don't know if that's because I came out into a different instance than I was in before I entered the delve, or if I was still in the same instance but the "cell" loaded correctly the second time, or what.

So that's another thing to try-- check in whatever city you prefer, and if she's missing, go dash into a nearby delve, outlaws refuge, or other location that gives you a load screen, then exit and go check the Impresario again. That's probably going to be a little quicker than relogging, or porting from zone to zone.

If it's not simply a loading issue like when the banker goes missing, then porting to a friend or guildmate who's currently at the Impresario might be the most reliable workaround.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still missing! PC NA
    Dirtybyrd
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I go to her spot in Rimmen she isn't there. So I relog and there she is. So far it's worked every time. It usually works.
    Edited by SilverBride on November 1, 2020 3:12AM
    PCNA
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agen.fi wrote: »
    PC/EU:
    Not in Glenumbra, Stonefalls, Auridon, Summerset, Vvardenfall, Western Skyrim...

Same on PC/NA as of right now.

EDIT: Found her in an instance of Summerset. What a pain.
    Edited by furiouslog on October 31, 2020 10:56PM
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    This is part of the issue, best to do here to do get a Plunder Skull from a WB, is find an instance in which the Impresario is present, and kill a WB there, it'll drop then, but if the impresario isn't there, the WBes won't be dropping plunder skulls, even though Anchors, etc. do drop their skulls.
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    So that's another thing to try-- check in whatever city you prefer, and if she's missing, go dash into a nearby delve, outlaws refuge, or other location that gives you a load screen, then exit and go check the Impresario again. That's probably going to be a little quicker than relogging, or porting from zone to zone.
    The problem here is that you sometimes need to do this repeatedly, easiest is to ask a guildmate for an instance which has her present.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

With all the bugs happening in game ATM, I fully believe what you are saying, but at the risk of playing devils advocate I have to ask. Are you doing enough DPS in these warbands? The bosses only drop so many skulls and only the top DPS get them (I think maybe 12 skulls drop, not sure).
    I am not sure how it works for healers, I have healed dolemns during the boss fight (the entire second it lasts, lol) and never gotten a skull. But I pop everything to DPS them when I am on a DPS and I usually always get one.

That is a good point and that has happened when I was one of many or especially arrived late to a Dolmen. But in this case, I was one of three fighting the WB and I two of us were doing a mix of DPS and heals. In the delve, I fought the boss alone, twice in fact as it was the one where you have to find sea vipers' nests and I'd forgotten where some were.

Edit: Well, I just participated in taking down a dragon on one of my lowbie characters and I did get a gold skull. Perhaps it was a temporary or specific error, or it is possible I was mistaken.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on November 1, 2020 2:25AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this problem earlier today. I switched characters, and the impressario appeared for the second character I tried. Try switching characters if you have more than one.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jiigen wrote: »
    This is part of the issue, best to do here to do get a Plunder Skull from a WB, is find an instance in which the Impresario is present, and kill a WB there, it'll drop then, but if the impresario isn't there, the WBes won't be dropping plunder skulls, even though Anchors, etc. do drop their skulls.

I forgot about the other part of the issue. If plunder skulls aren't dropping and if the assistant is saying "she'll be back later" or whatever in the instances where she's missing, then that would mean the event is somehow turned off in that instance, and that it isn't just some sort of loading problem as I speculated might be happening.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on November 1, 2020 1:19AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • StormWylf
    StormWylf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming that we are aware this is an issue and are still working on a fix. If you're having difficulty finding her in an instance you can also trying porting to a friend or guildmate who can see her. That should get you in the correct instance to spend your Event Tickets.
    I get it that there are technical issues and problems that come up. I also believe you try and solve them as quickly as you can.
    But in this case, I have 12 tickets, there is no point in killing any Boss until I can buy something since I want the tickets and my game time is limited, so with all due respect, I really don't want to spend my time chasing down the missing NPC. I Appreciate that you are looking at workarounds. But in this case I am going to join the group that says just extend the event , what's the harm?

• amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just spent the last three hours on PC EU trying to find her, and still no joy. Completely lost yesterdays tickets because I spent hours and could never find her. And yes, I've been porting all over, to hell and back, traveling to different guild members in all five guilds, all over Tamriel, logging in and out of different alts, etc.

It's pretty freaking ridiculous at this point, after almost two full days. I'm not usually in favor of calling to extend events, but there's no excuse for them if they don't extend this one.

Edited to add: it's actually pretty *** offensive that the suggested "solution" is to spend hours of your life not even playing the game, but just watching loading screen after loading screen ad infinitum as you attempt to find some lucky unicorn who can actually see her.
    Edited by amapola76 on November 1, 2020 1:41AM
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IF anyone you know can actually see her. Which was never the case for me yesterday, and still isn't today.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I forgot about the other part of the issue. If plunder skulls aren't dropping and if the assistant is saying "she'll be back later" or whatever in the instances where she's missing, then that would mean the event is somehow turned off in that instance.

That does seem to be the case...good catch.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiss...the search again for her
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the best quest in this year!
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know you have to make her a houseguest now... for the patch note humor :smirk:
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event should be extended by a day or so.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU
    Viviec City - No Impresario at the time of this post.
    Assistant gives the "You missed her. ... She'll be back soon..." speech.

I have that outside Vivec City on PC/NA. He's wearing a witch's hat.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gorreck wrote: »
    TwinLamps wrote: »

That's why she's the Impresario!
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Impresario in Auridon, but I found her in Stonefalls. What a mess! :(
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil works fine. Kill the needed boss there.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU
    Viviec City - No Impresario at the time of this post.
    Assistant gives the "You missed her. ... She'll be back soon..." speech.

I have that outside Vivec City on PC/NA. He's wearing a witch's hat.

I rode to the crafting area, did stuff, logged out, logged back in, and checked again. That time she was there.