The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Proc Sets are Overpowered !!!

• Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Vanagrand wrote: »
    Build a warden with 4k health rec, use malubeth, purge everything they drop at you and laugh really really hard when you kill them with your dawnbreaker-swarm-dizzy combo.
    Immortal tank kills everything.
    Game balance is very bad.

Yes, this is the actual meta right now. Are proc sets strong? Yes for sure proc sets are strong, but any class/build that has 30k+ hp and sword+board backbar in heavy armor is way stronger then some proc tard. Some dots that slowly whittle away your health vs some nearly unkillable pseudo tank that can burst combo you as if he was a ganker. I feel like I am playing a totally different game then the people that think this is a proc meta. Really hope that next patch brings player tankiness down a few notches. I am fine with a full on tank being able to hold the line, but these best of both worlds builds need to gtfo.

You should see high MMR BGs on PC EU. The meta is both. Everyone balled up running Malacath, Crimson Twilight plus whatever procs work best on their class.

Stamden seems to be the only class that even stands a chance of running no procs but even that is shooting yourself in the foot compared to just wearing Crimson Twilight on your sword/board bar.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Build a warden with 4k health rec, use malubeth, purge everything they drop at you and laugh really really hard when you kill them with your dawnbreaker-swarm-dizzy combo.

Yes, this is the actual meta right now. Are proc sets strong? Yes for sure proc sets are strong, but any class/build that has 30k+ hp and sword+board backbar in heavy armor is way stronger then some proc tard. Some dots that slowly whittle away your health vs some nearly unkillable pseudo tank that can burst combo you as if he was a ganker. I feel like I am playing a totally different game then the people that think this is a proc meta. Really hope that next patch brings player tankiness down a few notches. I am fine with a full on tank being able to hold the line, but these best of both worlds builds need to gtfo.

me not think so.
    me make build

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=284300

me good player now.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We currently have the lowest skilled meta I have ever played on this game. This is honestly just not enjoyable for me.
    At this point I just want the damage of all proc sets cut in half.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DO enjoy the PvP still.

I understand (obviously) that in no CP proc sets provide more than other sets.

That being said, most players (proc or not) still dont understand that mobility is key (BGs btw)

If you get procced on but LoS, you Should have a build that can recover.

The skill gap is apparent in mobility
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

me not think so.
    me make build

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=284300

me good player now.

there is a player on eupc using the sets defending warrior and winterborn on his WARDEN + vampire mistform when things get to tough. he is absolutely recking ppl with that build. i think name is jaxaxa

its definately not just sets.
    in his opinion its just heavy armor.
    but there is the problem again u just healthstack with heavyarmor and there u go. some classes are just superior and other classes need the procs to just compete.

not all procs are unbalanced tho what we currently have are a few proc sets (mainly venomous smite) alongside with heavyarmor healthstacking that are dominant.
    what rly needs to be done is buff some classes attack power AND increase the effect of maxmagicka and spellpower on the damage/heal output so that statbuilds light armor are more effective.

untill now only 1-2 classes can use lightarmor stat builds and that would be mainly magsorcs.

its absolutely disgusting when a tank can hit 8 k on u in heavy armor with 40 k hp.
    Edited by Noctus on October 19, 2020 6:51PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That being said, most players (proc or not) still dont understand that mobility is key (BGs btw)

Venomous Smite, Azureblight, and Blackrose bow, all can easily be worn at the same time, laugh at mobility.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ygG5dAg.png
    A random BG game. All BGs in PC Eu are the same.
    At least 30% of damage that I got for 5+ minutes was from proc sets and light attacks. ZoS is this your gameplay?
    Because I can!
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    proc sets are insane... if 1) the damage instance of different players procs of the same set refreshed and didn't stack, and 2) the same attack couldn't trigger two procs, or if there was a ~5 second global proc CD per player, it wouldn't be so bad, but as it is... it is dumb. people just executing targets at full health to apply sheer venom, charging all over from target to target to just apply bleeds, etc. it isn't fun
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    ygG5dAg.png
    At least 30% of damage that I got for 5+ minutes was from proc sets and light attacks. ZoS is this your gameplay?

u see the prob tho is ppl mistake weak procs with unbalanced procs. what u did was a smart move it just shows which sets and skills are overused (OP)

every procset that i cant dodge or break which dont have clear visual indicator is a bad procset in my opinion unless low dmg. i dont mind velidreth or caluurion (easy to dodge) but i do mind if someone just needs to land 1 skill and if he fails he just fires the same skill again i have no chance to evade that proc that comes my way they dont get a cd when i evade their skill.
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    Bashev wrote: »
    ygG5dAg.png

u see the prob tho is ppl mistake weak procs with unbalanced procs. what u did was a smart move it just shows which sets and skills are overused (OP)

every procset that i cant dodge or break which dont have clear visual indicator is a bad procset in my opinion unless low dmg. i dont mind velidreth or caluurion (easy to dodge) but i do mind if someone just needs to land 1 skill and if he fails he just fires the same skill again i have no chance to evade that proc that comes my way they dont get a cd when i evade their skill.

This is definitely true. I think Crimson Twilight is too strong in some scenarios but at least it has some counter play. For example, when you know someone is running it, you can try and make it proc from range before engaging. Or if you're fast enough, you can just run out of the circle.

The general population of ESO tends to complain only about the obvious procs like Hunter's Venom, though. Not that Hunter's Venom isn't strong but it's just one proc in a sea of similarly strong procs. At least Hunter's Venom can only proc on one person every 15 seconds. Unleashed, Sheer Venom etc can all proc on multiple people.
    PC EU No CP PVP
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is a player on eupc using the sets defending warrior and winterborn on his WARDEN + vampire mistform when things get to tough. he is absolutely recking ppl with that build. i think name is jaxaxa

Jaxaxa? Is this maybe @Jaxaxo 's sister?
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is exactly true, that is why most of these complaints are rubbish. In fact, putting on ring of Wild Hunt is much more beneficial in most BG cases than Malacath. Even Snow Treaders are better if players are CC you to death over and over.

No one is actually stacking proc sets the way people are complaining about it. But they are building a little more health, and have maybe 1 proc set that is slightly more efficient than mashing multiple buttons, so button mashers can not kill people instantly any more and don't like it.

BTW remember 'high' MMR they keep talking about, so BG should be people of equal skill level so it they are dealing with a proc set issue it's THEM that is doing it, not so-called bad players.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merforum wrote: »

This is exactly true, that is why most of these complaints are rubbish. In fact, putting on ring of Wild Hunt is much more beneficial in most BG cases than Malacath. Even Snow Treaders are better if players are CC you to death over and over.

No one is actually stacking proc sets the way people are complaining about it. But they are building a little more health, and have maybe 1 proc set that is slightly more efficient than mashing multiple buttons, so button mashers can not kill people instantly any more and don't like it.

BTW remember 'high' MMR they keep talking about, so BG should be people of equal skill level so it they are dealing with a proc set issue it's THEM that is doing it, not so-called bad players.

Yep. More efficient than those multi-butts
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've not played a single battleground in my life, so I don't know about them. But in no CP Cyrodiil, a lot of players stack multiple proc sets exactly in the way people complain about in this forum.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »

I've not played a single battleground in my life, so I don't know about them. But in no CP Cyrodiil, a lot of players stack multiple proc sets exactly in the way people complain about in this forum.

I don't understand why anyone who is a 'good' long time player would go into 'NO-CP' Cyro unless they were trying to take advantage of beginners. Why not play in CP Cyro? Where the proc sets are less used/less trouble for you.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭

Jaxaxa? Is this maybe @Jaxaxo 's sister?

well.jpg

its definately not just sets.
    in his opinion its just heavy armor.
    but there is the problem again u just healthstack with heavyarmor and there u go. some classes are just superior and other classes need the procs to just compete.

U asked me what makes me tanky, i told u, heavy armor. Of course it's not only this, there is *** of diffrent things that increase your survivability: hots, resistances, mitigation buffs, proper posistioning, even that single purge on netch. Ngl current meta is kinda bad, it's not only procs, malacath buffing those pretty much killed the light armor, why would run that, when u can get more dmg and more tankiness on heavy? Also like many ppl stated, it's so easy to build high hp pool currently. There are many things that should be changed to make game more healthy

Edited by Jaxaxo on October 20, 2020 6:49PM
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why anyone who is a 'good' long time player would go into 'NO-CP' Cyro unless they were trying to take advantage of beginners. Why not play in CP Cyro? Where the proc sets are less used/less trouble for you.

Many players, including but not limited to experienced PvPers, enjoy no CP PvP because the CP system makes it to easy to fill gaps in what should be focused/specialized builds. CP made it possible to be tanky, deal good damage, and not run out of resources on one build - there were basically no tradeoffs. Word is this has "improved" a bit lately, but I didn't bother to check it out for about two years.

What a lot of players despised about CP PvP is very similar to the problems overtuned proc sets bring to PvP, ironically especially in no CP. I don't mind if people want to use proc sets. But currently, no CP PvP is like a bad persiflage of what a lot of us enjoyed over CP PvP.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer BGs which are no CP. So when I Cyro, I do noCP so I can have the same build and combat experience.

In general, I do feel that noCP PVP is better. (More trade-offs, more risk, faster pace) Does anyone remember CP enabled battlegrounds? They were god-awful.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Many players, including but not limited to experienced PvPers, enjoy no CP PvP because the CP system makes it to easy to fill gaps in what should be focused/specialized builds. CP made it possible to be tanky, deal good damage, and not run out of resources on one build - there were basically no tradeoffs. Word is this has "improved" a bit lately, but I didn't bother to check it out for about two years.

What a lot of players despised about CP PvP is very similar to the problems overtuned proc sets bring to PvP, ironically especially in no CP. I don't mind if people want to use proc sets. But currently, no CP PvP is like a bad persiflage of what a lot of us enjoyed over CP PvP.

I feel like a lot of stuff is getting flipped. The reason there is no-cp Cyro is so low CP players can play with other low CP players to get enough experience to play with high CP players. Not for 'good' players to go there for easy kills. BTW that makes all the complaining about proc sets even more ridiculous. You have to perfect opportunity to play CP Cyro where proc sets aren't OP at all, but choose No CP and complain that less experienced player don't die fast enough.

No CP BG is not that bad either, because at least they try to match experience levels. But by this logic it would be similar to creating a new account to do BGs because your MMR is too high on your main account and you want to kill beginners. Everything seems to go back to the same conclusion, some people want to hit 4 buttons and maybe 1 execute to kill any player instantly and anything that makes that harder must be NERFED. But one good thing I suppose is that when I only do CP Cyro most of those toxic players are not there as much any more which is nice.
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭

I feel like a lot of stuff is getting flipped. The reason there is no-cp Cyro is so low CP players can play with other low CP players to get enough experience to play with high CP players. Not for 'good' players to go there for easy kills. BTW that makes all the complaining about proc sets even more ridiculous. You have to perfect opportunity to play CP Cyro where proc sets aren't OP at all, but choose No CP and complain that less experienced player don't die fast enough.

No CP BG is not that bad either, because at least they try to match experience levels. But by this logic it would be similar to creating a new account to do BGs because your MMR is too high on your main account and you want to kill beginners. Everything seems to go back to the same conclusion, some people want to hit 4 buttons and maybe 1 execute to kill any player instantly and anything that makes that harder must be NERFED. But one good thing I suppose is that when I only do CP Cyro most of those toxic players are not there as much any more which is nice.

If you take proc sets out of the equation, no CP is a lot faster paced and more punishing when you make mistakes. I can go into CP and tank 5 people for hours on a build with all DPS sets (edit: no shield backbar, not on Necro/Warden, medium armour etc). Try that in no CP with or without procs... good luck. If anything, I find myself farming people more easily in CP.
    Edited by Xiomaro on October 20, 2020 9:12PM
    PC EU No CP PVP
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xiomaro wrote: »

If you take proc sets out of the equation, no CP is a lot faster paced and more punishing when you make mistakes. I can go into CP and tank 5 people for hours on a build with all DPS sets (edit: no shield backbar, not on Necro/Warden, medium armour etc). Try that in no CP with or without procs... good luck. If anything, I find myself farming people more easily in CP.

what makes no sense is saying you play No-CP for more of a challenge (questionable) but then complain it's too hard with proc sets.
  • WiredandTired
    WiredandTired
    ✭✭

I hate to break it to you but other people might have some valid points and reasoning. It's not all some sort of grand conspiracy for veteran pvp players to perpetually oppress lesser pvpers. My view is that in a lot of your responses you're basically using other people's replies to confirm your own opinions on the matter.

There are a myriad of reasons why folks prefer no CP pvp compared to CP pvp.

1. Battlegrounds are only noCP only. Not all folks want to play cyrodil or imperial city.
    2. Less need to continually spec and respec if folks are both PVPers and PVEers
    3. Performance, ZoS says CP cyro is laggier due to champion points being calculated, though all cyro instances have problems, anecdotally no CP cyro seems to have better performance to me. I notice more skills not firing in CP Cyro. Battegrounds are not immune to performance problems, but is more insulated from them.
    4. More tradeoffs and potentially interesting builds with noCP pvp. If you thought Stamdens and Stamcros are tanky in noCP, they're nigh almost unkillable in CP pvp. It's not uncommon for some players to fight for 5-15 minutes and then decide to part ways as neither party can kill each other. or a zerg rolls in to break the stalemate.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what makes no sense is saying you play No-CP for more of a challenge (questionable) but then complain it's too hard with proc sets.

Too hard isnt the correct word at all. I also include proc sets because they are that powerful.

It kills game diversity and pigeon holes builds because of how significantly more powerful they are.

Stat sets should be buffed to the proc set equivalent; that'll make everyonr happy
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WiredandTired
    WiredandTired
    ✭✭

Too hard isnt the correct word at all. I also include proc sets because they are that powerful.

It kills game diversity and pigeon holes builds because of how significantly more powerful they are.

Stat sets should be buffed to the proc set equivalent; that'll make everyonr happy

I'm not entirely sure that's the solution either, time to kill is staggeringly fast with procs. If stat sets are buffed to the equivalent, that doesn't solve the problem of folks being essentially deleted so quickly excluding stamdens and stamcros. Proc sets are another one of these things that complicate balancing of pvp. Greymoor wasn't perfect but is much more ideal of a place to start balancing. It's my own personal opinion, they should've done the major/minor revamp, and some additional class balance changes before unleashing the avalanche of proc set changes onto players. The core imbalances still arent addressed at the class level, at the weapon skill level, magicka/stamina disparities, and not to mention what to do with CP and PVP. Gear sits on top of all of those core issues they really need to look into and adjust before anything else.
  • DjinnAeternam
    DjinnAeternam
    ✭✭✭
    0 Skilled players = We love proc sets, i'm a good player now.

Vet players = Here we go again... Proc Fiesta 2.0

ZoS is enabling casual players to be competitive with no investment on actual play and dumbing out the game for all, this is completely destroying PVP, if you want to be good, learn mechanics, spend time theorycrafting and min-maxing, you know, like in every other RPG.

Pushing for whoever has X set wins could seem fun, but then wheres the diversity, wheres the challenge? Everyone runs the same builds, and with heal nerfs some setups are flawless against some classes.

Plus if cooldowns stay, Cyro will be 100% casuals pvping and thinking they are good because they LA and kill with procs.

Well if this is the way ZoS wants to go, fine, fortunately it's easy enough to find way more fun games to play comparing to actual ESO.

This company will never learn, just notice on how they prefer to reduce playability (3s GCD on skills) instead of reworking the actual game and solving problem at it's root.
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0 Skilled players = We love proc sets, i'm a good player now.

Vet players = Here we go again... Proc Fiesta 2.0

ZoS is enabling casual players to be competitive with no investment on actual play and dumbing out the game for all, this is completely destroying PVP, if you want to be good, learn mechanics, spend time theorycrafting and min-maxing, you know, like in every other RPG.

Pushing for whoever has X set wins could seem fun, but then wheres the diversity, wheres the challenge? Everyone runs the same builds, and with heal nerfs some setups are flawless against some classes.

Plus if cooldowns stay, Cyro will be 100% casuals pvping and thinking they are good because they LA and kill with procs.

Well if this is the way ZoS wants to go, fine, fortunately it's easy enough to find way more fun games to play comparing to actual ESO.

This company will never learn, just notice on how they prefer to reduce playability (3s GCD on skills) instead of reworking the actual game and solving problem at it's root.

I completely agree with you. I made an entire Forum post about this: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/549894/free-damage-item-sets-make-players-lazy

Especially in No-CP PvP, such as Battlegrounds, proc sets have a significant impact on gameplay. I bet >80% of players now run proc sets to win. Before the proc set meta, getting approx. 500k damage was considered good play. Now you just equip some proc sets and easily get >1,000,000 damage. I am especially frustrated about the fact that ZOS releases/released new proc sets that are even more powerful than the old proc sets before they got nerfed because they were considered too powerful. Take Viper's Sting vs Venomous Smite for example: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/530462/greymoor-venomous-smite-vipers-sting-in-horns-of-the-reach-patch-when-it-was-considered-op
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its annoying as its so much just light attack, gap closer, or poison injection spam with players not having stats to heal, offensive stat buffs becoming almost completely irrelevant, to where you just keep trying to proc; it becomes a numbers game only.

Its probably a skill level balance ZOS ridiculously has discussed with APM; but they are destroying set balance and skill progression gameplay to get there. CP and armor caps have stopped progression forever and some people don't like that. This is a step in the opposite direction where they can just release new proc sets for you to have to chase to keep up rather than just get better. .
    Edited by techyeshic on November 1, 2020 3:36PM
  • Extrawelt
    Extrawelt
    ✭✭✭
    More Proc Sets to Showcase^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Fme50uSBk
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extrawelt wrote: »

What does it show? That you can kill an unactive person with a high damage character in 10 to 15 seconds with proc sets? With dizzy swing and executioner you would have needed a third of the time.
    Some proc set combinations can be strong, but I get way more often killed by dizzy + executioner or snipers - especially with the insane delay in Cyrodiil. Usually it's an insta-death with ~4 skills in my death cap and I haven't seen a single one before I was dead.
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all:
    Will it be dots or sets :
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020507/uploads/editor/93/mosisykenu69.png

1)You can use the same
    2)I do not lose 1 on 1 to proc user => play better.
    3)It always were proc sets - example goddard, arena weapons and etc.
    Why is it problem now ? It is popular to cry about - nothing more.

The real problem is:
    1)Fat party of extremly fat players, that are so fat that is extreamly hard to kill even 1 on 1.
    2)Server lags that drop your damage and you can not use combos.
    3)When you are alone and there is 100500 procs and dots on you.

Player must not be unkillable. It is not funny when 1 on 10 of extremly fat bodys with no skill.
    It is not different will you die from 10 proc sets or 10 the same dots.

If something is not possible to kill it will just come in more group and DOT you to death.

Combos do not work, you can not one shot this ! with delays and lags.
    If you stop pressing 10-20 dot healing persecond make him full in instants.

Such healing is not normal. Dot healing is to overpowered, compared to instant healing. It was made to negate DOTs, Dots were nerfed, why hots are the same ?

10 mutagens, wigors, something else, it do healers useless and need not any skill.

You need not heal some one in right moment - it is spam like bot HOT play

The same for dots and some proc sets.

If no such fat it can be possible to combo counter play, do not care dots or skills.

But how would you kill 30 k hp body that heal 10 k hp each second just like passive ??? Hots - i am stunned ? Even do not care, full hp.

It heal even due to your combo. Skill 1-> skill 2 -> he healed with hot 🔥, skill 3, not enough dps, then you lag, can not breake free with full stamina, than you watch 5 bodys dot you in stun to death, you finally breake free after 5 seconds, when stun already ended, and get oneshot because of dethink - attack that is dodgeble but you can not, because it is buged, it go with out animation (animation canceling, that was not fixed), it go in dodge, but it donot miss - because it is buged -> buy buy.

I do not care if i die, but rake at least 1 with me !!!

But combo - sorry some bug no damage, try to press , not cast in in right time, just press some part of it work !!! May be 2% chanse.

And all will go to pet you even do not see, it is 10 meters behind you, but game thing different. You tab target, to select it => sorry man this function do not work 1.5 years correct, like broken target.

So just hit some random targets.

Thats where problem is, not just some sets.

Target - fix target and skills !!!

Some times it even do not do damage when it hit !!!

But sets do ! Dots do the same !

Vetershraine imbalanced destro weapon do the same.

And it crash my client 10% times, that i need restart PC.

And hot stucking to infinit values.
    Edited by AyaDark on December 1, 2020 2:28PM