The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Proc Sets are Overpowered !!!

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AyaDark wrote: »
    First of all:
    Will it be dots or sets :
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020507/uploads/editor/93/mosisykenu69.png

1)You can use the same
    2)I do not lose 1 on 1 to proc user => play better.
    3)It always were proc sets - example goddard, arena weapons and etc.
    Why is it problem now ? It is popular to cry about - nothing more.

The real problem is:
    1)Fat party of extremly fat players, that are so fat that is extreamly hard to kill even 1 on 1.
    2)Server lags that drop your damage and you can not use combos.
    3)When you are alone and there is 100500 procs and dots on you.

Player must not be unkillable. It is not funny when 1 on 10 of extremly fat bodys with no skill.
    It is not different will you die from 10 proc sets or 10 the same dots.

If something is not possible to kill it will just come in more group and DOT you to death.

Combos do not work, you can not one shot this ! with delays and lags.
    If you stop pressing 10-20 dot healing persecond make him full in instants.

Such healing is not normal. Dot healing is to overpowered, compared to instant healing. It was made to negate DOTs, Dots were nerfed, why hots are the same ?

10 mutagens, wigors, something else, it do healers useless and need not any skill.

You need not heal some one in right moment - it is spam like bot HOT play

The same for dots and some proc sets.

If no such fat it can be possible to combo counter play, do not care dots or skills.

But how would you kill 30 k hp body that heal 10 k hp each second just like passive ??? Hots - i am stunned ? Even do not care, full hp.

It heal even due to your combo. Skill 1-> skill 2 -> he healed with hot 🔥, skill 3, not enough dps, then you lag, can not breake free with full stamina, than you watch 5 bodys dot you in stun to death, you finally breake free after 5 seconds, when stun already ended, and get oneshot because of dethink - attack that is dodgeble but you can not, because it is buged, it go with out animation (animation canceling, that was not fixed), it go in dodge, but it donot miss - because it is buged -> buy buy.

I do not care if i die, but rake at least 1 with me !!!

But combo - sorry some bug no damage, try to press , not cast in in right time, just press some part of it work !!! May be 2% chanse.

And all will go to pet you even do not see, it is 10 meters behind you, but game thing different. You tab target, to select it => sorry man this function do not work 1.5 years correct, like broken target.

So just hit some random targets.

Thats where problem is, not just some sets.

Target - fix target and skills !!!

Some times it even do not do damage when it hit !!!

But sets do ! Dots do the same !

Vetershraine imbalanced destro weapon do the same.

And it crash my client 10% times, that i need restart PC.

And hot stucking to infinit values.

Dots are not equal to procs. At all. As it is, I can proc two proc sets using just Ele drain, and a third proc set using a light attack. That is three procs with zero cost in 1 gcd. All while wearing Malacath and sitting at 30-40k health. You cannot do this on a Dot build, at all.

The reason you see tanky players who you cannot kill but they can kill you is because proc sets do not require offensive stats to be viable. Nor do they require any aspect of skill to utilize. Unless you consider hitting someone with undodgable ele drain and a light attack skillful.
  • Extrawelt
    Extrawelt
    ✭✭✭
    This Time i´ve tested some "Heal" Proc Sets^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozwCBUcjUHA
  • Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    Defensive proccsets don't get (as much) hate (except Crimson... Def Warrior is rare as it's harder to obtain) because they don't directly kill people. Unless someone wants to post a video of killing someone in Bahraha's/Leeching/Nighflame... xD

As to overpowered, in general defensive procc tooltips are a lot lower than offensive ones (again excluding Crimson, because it's damage AND healing), maybe with the exception of Earthgore (and Chokethorn which wasn't featured). If people stack multiple such effects, what are they actually achieving other than not dying? Being annoying in land grab maybe, OK.

As for zero input, yeah, can't argue there... proccs gonna procc... and it's not going anywhere anytime soon :D

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets should at least scale damage with stamina/magicka or weapon/magic damage stats - it change nothing for PvE DDs and will be ruin toxic PvP builds with max health and proc sets for damage.

It would atleast help, but i think and wish that proccsets would get nerfed hard and mercilessly in other ways.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to play ESO without this unbalanced patch. why is so hard to get changes for the PvP community? we will never know.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess developers mainly considered pve group contents like vet dungeons when they designed proc sets and tank sets.

They might not consider pvp enough. There should be different performances under PvP and pve.

How are overpowered proc sets a good thing for PvE? I do like proc sets that complement ones build and abilities, but shouldn’t most of what you do be your skills? Dungeons already have an introductory normal mode for players still leveling and learning their abilities so I don’t think an OP proc crutch is needed.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any major recent changes?

It seems to have got worse with the blooming staff and the 2h new arena weapon having become the new pain.

I still see lots of Sheer (did the nerf achieve much?), Syvarra and then the usual sorcers with Unleashed. The odd Pillar of Nirn too.
  • Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭
    Zos only buffed and added new better proc sets over the course of the year, clearly they likes them and may continue to move further in that direction this upcoming year.
  • ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭
    Another week with proc sets, when is this going end?
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ivramirez wrote: »
    Another week with proc sets, when is this going end?

At least a couple more months. I'd anticipate the next update having some more to encourage content purchase.
  • Legendry
    Legendry
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, proc sets actually need a buff.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Vicecanon!
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday I spent around 2 million in gold on a 5 piece proc set. I went from squashy to an exceptional player.

My new heavy armor performed so much better than medium armor. Tonight I plan on getting my other proc set and then I can just stand there, shoot a few arrows that will proc everyone to death.

Do i really need 3 proc sets on one build?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets can turn a total noob to a decent performing player, i hate them with a passion. They are too op it is true. And the devs seem to ignore any topic in relation to balance. If i said what i think about this dev team i would get banned from the forums, honestly kinda sick of this lack of communication.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Yesterday I spent around 2 million in gold on a 5 piece proc set. I went from squashy to an exceptional player.

My new heavy armor performed so much better than medium armor. Tonight I plan on getting my other proc set and then I can just stand there, shoot a few arrows that will proc everyone to death.

That's a big cash splash :#

let me guess...syvarra heavy? i wish i could do heist so i could make millions
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    vamp_emily wrote: »

That's a big cash splash :#

let me guess...syvarra heavy? i wish i could do heist so i could make millions

:) I haven't been in a trading guild for a very long time and had around 60 gold jewelry pieces that I've collected over the years.

Worst cash spash was buying Colovian War Torte recipe. Thought it was going to give me more AP. :(

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole game's PvP is "overpowered" honestly. It's just gangs of people wearing cheesy builds doing absurd amounts of damage. You can hardly can even fight because there is so much damage being hurled around like one giant ____ storm. Also: to make matters worse - any amount of lag (even if it's on the micro level) will be more than enough to ensure your instant death.

For some reason players on this game always resort to the cheesiest methods of PvP imaginable to ensure no actual fun or interesting combat takes place. Then they wonder why no one wants to do it and are left with no one to play with but themselves. Though the developers are ultimately to blame for allowing such strategies to exist in the first place.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 19, 2020 7:50PM
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    When incoming damage is >50% proc sets, there is a problem.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »

At this point, I'm happy if it's "just" half.

Wouldn't surprise me if this is all intentional. For years ZOS' has nerfed and homogenized class / abilities and made gear the distinguishing factor for builds. They might want their theorycraft to center on gear to distinguish themselves from other games..

Edited by Joy_Division on December 20, 2020 8:10PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »

At this point, I'm happy if it's "just" half.

Wouldn't surprise me if this is all intentional. For years ZOS' has nerfed and homogenized class / abilities and made gear the distinguishing factor for builds. They might want their theorycraft to center on gear to distinguish themselves from other games..

Proc sets unto themselves are a cool idea. It gives gear more personality and makes for more interesting builds. The problem is they rely on cool downs to be appropriate and when thrown into a PvP environment those cool downs are no longer effective at containing their power because you have multiple players all using them at once. So what happens is you get ridiculous burst damage flying all over the place. It's literally like being put into a blender and pushing on.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 20, 2020 8:24PM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What combo do you think is actually worse:

1. Crimson + Offensive set + Malacath
    2. 2 offensive sets + Malacath

I’m not even adding the new arena weapons cause they are simply way too cheesy
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    What combo do you think is actually worse:

1. Crimson + Offensive set + Malacath
    2. 2 offensive sets + Malacath

I’m not even adding the new arena weapons cause they are simply way too cheesy

4 procs + malacath
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Extrawelt wrote: »

there is obne most op combination missing time show :D zaan Wrath of Elements and mist form...
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extrawelt wrote: »

there is one most op combination missing time show :D zaan Wrath of Elements and mist form...

I couldn't agree more...grossly OP
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    My solution is add % chance on proc sets like this set:
    Sload's Semblance
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 3% of their max health as Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 5 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.
    And ofcourse Malacath ring shouldn increase any proc damage. Will be great if ZOS add some debuff for that ring like:
    Malacath's Band of Brutality
    Set bonus
    (1 item) Increases your damage done by 35%. You cannot deal critical damage and you take 15% more damage.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitaka211 wrote: »
    Proc sets can turn a total noob to a decent performing player, i hate them with a passion. They are too op it is true. And the devs seem to ignore any topic in relation to balance. If i said what i think about this dev team i would get banned from the forums, honestly kinda sick of this lack of communication.

Which is why it all will continue this year. Zenimax only wants new and unexperienced players in their game, not veterans. Veterans are always so loud, with opinions and their know-it-all advise. Pesky. So there will be more proc sets with the coming DLC dungeon, that much is certain. It sells the new DLCs very well and it makes subordinate players become great.

A perfect win win for Zenimax.
    Edited by Dracane on January 2, 2021 7:50AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Which is why it all will continue this year. Zenimax only wants new and unexperienced players in their game, not veterans. Veterans are always so loud, with opinions and their know-it-all advise. Pesky. So there will be more proc sets with the coming DLC dungeon, that much is certain. It sells the new DLCs very well and it makes subordinate players become great.

Good players utilize proc sets better + usually have some counter or trick up their sleeve.

I.e. the mist form combo is not noob friendly
    Edited by Waffennacht on January 2, 2021 9:38AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Good players utilize proc sets better + usually have some counter or trick up their sleeve.

I.e. the mist form combo is not noob friendly

I am not arguing against that. The undeniable truth is, that it makes bad players a lot better than it does make already good players better.

The discrepancy in that is insultingly obvious in each encounter.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Afterip wrote: »
    My solution is add % chance on proc sets like this set:
    Sload's Semblance
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 3% of their max health as Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 5 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.
    And ofcourse Malacath ring shouldn increase any proc damage. Will be great if ZOS add some debuff for that ring like:
    Malacath's Band of Brutality
    Set bonus
    (1 item) Increases your damage done by 35%. You cannot deal critical damage and you take 15% more damage.

As I stated in another thread, without actually removing proc sets from the game, one way I can see there being any control over this proc set meta is to have actual skills for each proc set on your skill bar. This would mean that to activate the set skill, instead of it being a proc, you would need to activate it as a hard skill on your skill bar. This would obviously mean removing a skill for the proc set skill ... would that be worth it? Well that's up to the player. If you want to use a 'proc' set, then you'll have to remove a skill on your bar and then actively press it on your skill bar to use the 'proc' set skill.

Not sure how this would work in reality but would maybe add more skill play to PvP and would most definitely remove the proc meta.

Essentially if you want to run three proc sets then you would need to replace three skills from your bar for each proc set skill.
    Edited by Weesacs on January 2, 2021 11:30AM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Grebcol
    Grebcol
    ✭✭✭
    The PVP in this game is broken af.
    Former Mod Dev. of the Edain Mod for The Battle for Middle Earth 2