The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Proc Sets are Overpowered !!!

• LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess developers mainly considered pve group contents like vet dungeons when they designed proc sets and tank sets.

They might not consider pvp enough. There should be different performances under PvP and pve.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Proc sets should at least scale damage with stamina/magicka or weapon/magic damage stats - it change nothing for PvE DDs and will be ruin toxic PvP builds with max health and proc sets for damage.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just seems very ironic how ZOS literally said in the recent patch notes that (Sergeant's Mail) "it has proven too burst enabling in PvP, especially when paired with other Heavy Attack sets." When this is the perfect example of pairing thumbless sets to do damage for you without any effort or building into damage.

A global proc cooldown would be a simple fix to below average players getting free damage from one button.
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
    be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Gear showcases like this really undermine how bad the aprocalypse really is. Most of these builds only look good on a target dummy. There are genuinely busted combinations but these aren't them.
    • The heavy attack build requires so much set up to land it. In a real fight, you won't be able to land it cleanly like that. There are other heavy attack builds that do work really well (right now, that's the whole Sergeant's Mail and Undaunted Infiltrator from stealth thing).
    • The charge build uses Pillar of Nirn which is very inconsistent against a competent player. You can also use a 2h Axe for the extra bleed ;)
    • Crimson Twilight is definitely a crazy strong set for 1vXing but Plague Singer? I've genuinely never come across this and if I have it's not caused me any hassle.
    • The Magblade one is close to being a strong one but with that set up, you'd be so squishy, you couldn't keep the Zaan beam up without being melted.
    • The final build has the same issue. It requires you to play close but it's super squishy.
    I say all of this because people who are already likely to down play the aprocalypse will bring up all the points I just did. None of these builds are particularly strong.
    • Stamblades who run both venom sets and BRP bow can just Magnum Shot, Poison Inject and restealth. It's enough to kill anyone who doesn't have strong healing.
    • Wardens and Necros can just add Crimson Twilight to their already tanky builds and get huge passive healing and damage.
    • Stamsorcs can run Azureblight plus... basically any DOT procs and as many DOT skills as possible and completely shut down an entire high MMR BG while being almost completely uncatchable.
    All of these set ups are completely ludicrous and there's no nerf in sight for most of them. Sheer Venom is getting a well deserved nerf but they can just switch it out for Syvarra's Scales.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venomous smite, sheer venom, master bow is probably one of the strongest stamblades I've fought this patch. Even more so when they run a strong front bar set like asylum 2h
    PvP needs more love.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just giving my feedback and honest opinion on this subject.
    many of us love the proc sets and see nothing wrong with them.
    i dont see anything wrong with the proc sets right now, i hope they do not change the sets.
    we have seen people with the strongest sets in the game still loose pvp and pve fights and we have also seen people with the weakest sets in eso Win pvp and pve fights.
    sets are not the problem.
    Edited by Gilvoth on October 14, 2020 4:59PM
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets aren’t overpowered! It’s pure skillz, man!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=clfi6k7LifY

You damn Multi-Butts
    Edited by Swomp23 on October 14, 2020 7:54PM
    XBox One - NA
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    just giving my feedback and honest opinion on this subject.
    many of us love the proc sets and see nothing wrong with them.
    i dont see anything wrong with the proc sets right now, i hope they do not change the sets.
    we have seen people with the strongest sets in the game still loose pvp and pve fights and we have also seen people with the weakest sets in eso Win pvp and pve fights.
    sets are not the problem.

You have made no argument here for keeping proc sets...

You basically said you like them. I don't understand what point, if any you are trying to make by saying we have seen strong sets lose against weak sets.

Who are you talking about? Who did they fight? What sets were they using? What does the add to the proc set debate?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swomp23 wrote: »

You damn Multi-Butts

I recognize a lot of names; definitely Leaderboard MMR.

Yeah procs are good, but now I hope to get matched with or against you (though with would be dope)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭

You damn Multi-Butts

I recognize a lot of names; definitely Leaderboard MMR.

Yeah procs are good, but now I hope to get matched with or against you (though with would be dope)

Just played against the other cancer using this build in the 2nd match, to not name him. It’s really awful.

But I rly don’t consider myself as a good player. I’m not sure this is top MMR... I’m not the guy in the vid though...
    XBox One - NA
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extrawelt wrote: »

i admit hunters venom is OP but try use the other sets on prime time EU when ppl like hastem, hakkanistorm, skinkolaf, mayorz, xziii, decimus for example are online. the fights on high mmr are extremly defense based atleast on EUPC.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

i admit hunters venom is OP but try use the other sets on prime time EU when ppl like hastem, hakkanistorm, skinkolaf, mayorz, xziii, decimus for example are online. the fights on high mmr are extremly defense based atleast on EUPC.

Its not just that one set that’s problematic. It’s the fact they all stack together, and that you can deal massive damage by pressing 1 button while stacking health. Cancer gameplay.
    XBox One - NA
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not just that one set that’s problematic. It’s the fact they all stack together, and that you can deal massive damage by pressing 1 button while stacking health. Cancer gameplay.

thing is i never have any problem avoiding most sets aslong as they have visual or audial queue like caluurion for example. it only gets annoying if i rly cant dodge or break it up like in the case of zaan by taking distance for a moment.

unavoidable procs where u cant do anything about it is in my opinion skilless and bad design prenerf sloads. avoidable dmg like aurorans by movement is good design. i rarely if ever get killed by procs in pvp the only thing that is truely annoying right now is huntersvenom/sheer venom i just cant do *** against it.

we also have sets that are proccing passive stats or heals. how is this suppose to be skill how the *** can i stop that ? ppl seem to forget that the strongest set was seventh legion for years before it got nerfed.

the problem is not stacking but how easy it is to apply the proc. and in hunters venom case the dot is applied so easily its aoe and will proc 2 times by 1 poison injection, its unavoidable too unless u have some cleanse equiped thats ridiculous.

i agree with the thing u mention u shouldnt be able to stack health if u have such sets. procs should be depending on ur main source stamina or magicka.
    Edited by Noctus on October 15, 2020 3:40AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant help but feel that most people actually dont care about balance but rather hate anything that closes the gap on class inequality.

Not that im advocating proc builds per se, however, pre procs the majority of players flocked to specific classes and specs. Running any other class or spec made you hugely disadvantaged and i cant help but feel most of the complainers just want to go back to that.

Sure theres a skill gap, but combime that with class gaps and you go straight back to clubbing seals.

I do see valid legitimate complaints; the majority seem rather more vindictive than informative
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much sums up why i instantly stopped playing after a long break.

This song is a vibe btw x)
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no such thing as - unavoidable proc.
    You can purge it, dodge initiation ability that procs it, overheal it.

Zaan can be purged as example - do you purge it ?
    It can be breake from by stealth, stealth potion, metegated.

Did you use such thingth?
    The same for all proc sets.

If you do not heal in pvp = you do not live. So what is a problem with proc sets ? Heal then.

Proc sets have the same power as good ordinary dot skill.

And it helps make pressure on some builds that avoid and block to match, for clases that have no conterplay, not as example like necro.
    Unavaidable spamable skelet - with no chance to avoid and aoe hard hiting defile up to 60% of your heal.

It really is a problem. But proc sets have calldowns. 10 - 15 seconds, you can purge and hit in this window, or overheal it.

Proc set users have no one shot combo. There ability to heal and strike is low.

Only a problem here is if you can not dps, heal, avoid. But it is potato 🥔 like gameplay, do not be potatos than, all is good with proc sets. Easy kill for me.

Not some one shot 30+k dps 1 second combos like before with health dethinks.
    Edited by AyaDark on October 15, 2020 10:26AM
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AyaDark wrote: »

There are 3 classes who have a purge and only 2 of those are really able to actually cleanse the effects you want to have cleansed since the warden purge only purges 1 negative effect and thus is not all too strong when you have 5+ effects on you.
    And the alliance purge is simply not enough for its cost (the cost already make it unusable for stam at all) and youre gonna die cuz youre out of mag when you try to really use it as purge.
    If you do not heal in pvp = you do not live. So what is a problem with proc sets ? Heal then.

So you wanna say that everyone is going to be able to outheal a combo of sheer venom, syvarras scales and a poison injection which does about 3k+ dps to you in a noncp campaign? (because proc sets are definitely stronger in noncp)

That is just absolutely wrong, no DoT is able to do the damage of some combined proc sets and if you want to achieve the same amount of damage you can achieve with 1 gcd in the mentioned proc sets, then you have to spend at least about 3 or 4 gcds of normal DoTs which on top of that also are really rarely going to fit into your skillbar because you need some defense.
    And it helps make pressure on some builds that avoid and block to match, for clases that have no conterplay, not as example like necro.
    Unavaidable spamable skelet - with no chance to avoid and aoe hard hiting defile up to 60% of your heal.

It really is a problem. But proc sets have calldowns. 10 - 15 seconds, you can purge and hit in this window, or overheal it.

It does not only help to provide pressure on those builds though, but on everyone in the game, so you can not leave proc sets how they are because they help to kill tanks, since they even faster kill anyone who is not a tank (and by that pretty much force people to build more tanky, so the proc sets are actually creating more tanks than they kill, because you need to be tankier to survive the proc sets and the proc sets provide even really tanky people with a good amount of damage.

Only a problem here is if you can not dps, heal, avoid. But it is potato 🥔 like gameplay, do not be potatos than, all is good with proc sets. Easy kill for me.

Of course there are one shot proc combos, that is exactly what @Extrawelt showed in that video. You can oneshot people with one heavy attack with sets like Frenzied Momentum, Explosive Rebuke, Doylemish, etc. and the caluurion gank blade is nothing else than a oneshot proc build.

Also the only way to avoid a Poison Injection proc combo is to dodge the PI and if you do that the proc user is just going to PI again and again until you stop dodging it or until you cant dodge anymore because youre out of stam and then youre dead anyways. The only class who is properly able to avoid and outheal all the proc sets are nightblades because cloak dodges the initial hit and also stops the DoT while youre in it and nightblades are already the class who has the biggest buffs through proc sets, because they can use them most effectively.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the magblade proc build is heavily overrated tho. there are 1-3 guys in EUPC that use it on high mmr. reason is it actually doesnt oneshot anybody in a real combat situation. the indicators of the set need to long giving an enemy enough time to rolldodge ur dmg.

thats why im preaching the application and indicators make these sets skillbased way more so than huntersvenom and sheer venom which land when u hit without a chance to avoid it and counterattack when its on cd.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is the proc meta's target market...

Too ignorant on the basic mechanics to play without them. I'm sorry to be rude, but I'm so sick of hearing these arguments from people who have no idea how this game works.
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the current state of the game's server performance for where I live, Proc sets is the only way I can play. I never used to run them, but now I kinda have to. I did run an old world playstyle/build that was good for a time, but with all the changes that have happened, I've found running this build I at least have a chance to inflict some damage.

My current build -does not- oneshot, even with double proc. I can -almost- one shot, but that's it - I still have to be able to pull off an execute, and 90% of the time, the player Im fighting isnt even standing where I think they are standing so my hit misses.

10/10.
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the current state of the game's server performance for where I live, Proc sets is the only way I can play. I never used to run them, but now I kinda have to. I did run an old world playstyle/build that was good for a time, but with all the changes that have happened, I've found running this build I at least have a chance to inflict some damage.

My current build -does not- oneshot, even with double proc. I can -almost- one shot, but that's it - I still have to be able to pull off an execute, and 90% of the time, the player Im fighting isnt even standing where I think they are standing so my hit misses.

10/10.

If that's all that's going off because of lag and minimal input needed; are you really playing the game? It doesnt feel like it to me so I hold out on doing it and stick to CP. Doesnt feel as bad there but really annoying how many health stacked to 60k proc users there are just standing there. I just don't get the entertainment
    Edited by techyeshic on October 15, 2020 10:07PM
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The reason high mmr BGs on EU are filled with high defense specs is because if they dont spec defense they'll get melted by all the proc sets.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The reason high mmr BGs on EU are filled with high defense specs is because if they dont spec defense they'll get melted by all the proc sets.

no thats not true. defense > attack in this game. if the weapon dmg stat sets would give more advantage ud see more of them around. defensive sets with armor and regeneration no matter if proc or not are superior to light armor stat and weapon dmg stat sets. also some classes have rly bad burst like magblade. proc sets are bandaid solution for that class.
    no matter if cp or not thats fact in this game.

proc sets nerf = everybody back on full defense and wardens everywhere in bg.

class and setbalance is awfull in this game. max magicka and stamina + weapon and spelldmg need to matter more and should have a bigger impact on the dmg there are many healthstacking tanks just using procbullshit to healup and do dmg and their skills also still do ridiculous ammount of dmg on light armored ppl even with low spelldmg its ***.
    Edited by Noctus on October 17, 2020 12:15AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no thats not true. defense > attack in this game. if the weapon dmg stat sets would give more advantage ud see more of them around. defensive sets with armor and regeneration no matter if proc or not are superior to light armor stat and weapon dmg stat sets. also some classes have rly bad burst like magblade. proc sets are bandaid solution for that class.

class and setbalance is awfull in this game. max magicka and stamina + weapon and spelldmg need to matter more and should have a bigger impact on the dmg there are many healthstacking tanks just using procbullshit to healup and do dmg and their skills also still do ridiculous ammount of dmg on light armored ppl even with low spelldmg its ***.

He's right though, unless you build tanky in high mmr you'll get deleted by proc sets. You wither build tanky or you build for high mobility.

I remember when high mmr games would be about what team had the best positioning and who could push at the right moment. Now it's about who can apply their procs first more or less.

• Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

He's right though, unless you build tanky in high mmr you'll get deleted by proc sets. You wither build tanky or you build for high mobility.

I remember when high mmr games would be about what team had the best positioning and who could push at the right moment. Now it's about who can apply their procs first more or less.

Honestly, they're both right. You need to run enough tankiness to withstand procs. But if procs were banned today, tomorrow everyone in high MMR deathmatch would be playing Nord Stamden or a budget version of Stamden using their preferred class. Why play a glass cannon when you can more or less have the same burst with high hp, resists and superior healing?
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of these "sets issues" are that they can be paired with mythic items. All of the "chance to proc" eliminated allows easy use of dual baring sets, helm and mythic. Its basically an extra 5 piece. Theres a reason that almost every build right now are running one of the sets.

So its a matter of either changing all of the proc sets or mythic. Potentially requiring 2 slots instead of one may help or having a draw back to it

• Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    Build a warden with 4k health rec, use malubeth, purge everything they drop at you and laugh really really hard when you kill them with your dawnbreaker-swarm-dizzy combo.

• master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immortal tank kills everything.
    Game balance is very bad.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanagrand wrote: »
    Build a warden with 4k health rec, use malubeth, purge everything they drop at you and laugh really really hard when you kill them with your dawnbreaker-swarm-dizzy combo.
    Immortal tank kills everything.
    Game balance is very bad.

Yes, this is the actual meta right now. Are proc sets strong? Yes for sure proc sets are strong, but any class/build that has 30k+ hp and sword+board backbar in heavy armor is way stronger then some proc tard. Some dots that slowly whittle away your health vs some nearly unkillable pseudo tank that can burst combo you as if he was a ganker. I feel like I am playing a totally different game then the people that think this is a proc meta. Really hope that next patch brings player tankiness down a few notches. I am fine with a full on tank being able to hold the line, but these best of both worlds builds need to gtfo.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get melted even in defense specs. haha

NO CP is just ridiculous right now. If I'm out of Mist Form for even a second I'm dead basically. I'm literally spammed with 5~7k damage from all sides - and that's with max resist and impenetrable. It's so absurd all I can do is laugh at it.

I can honestly say I've never seen PvP on this game in such a silly state. It's so over the top I can't even take it seriously.
    Edited by Jeremy on October 19, 2020 6:10AM