The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Proc Sets are Overpowered !!!

• Playnice
    Playnice
    ✭✭✭
    Make Proc sets scale off of your highest offensive stat. The problem is that you can run 3 proc sets, have 1500 weapon damage, and stack everything into health and health recovery and be tanky as hell and do more damage than a traditional build
    Playing since Feb 2015 / TES fan since 2002
    Main alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    All classes, all specs, 21 characters / 2 accounts
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my Breton Templar tank with 30k health and is pretty much capped on spell resistance was getting melted by a combination of Wrath of Elements and Zaan by a minimum effort night blade build. It was crazy.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is BS they just can't just let healers be healers and NBs be a true assassin class when all I seem to run into is groups of Necromancer's with the Harbinger sets.

I personally think they should have class sets, because some of these sets shouldn't be allowed with certain classes. They become extremely OP.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Playnice wrote: »
    Make Proc sets scale off of your highest offensive stat. The problem is that you can run 3 proc sets, have 1500 weapon damage, and stack everything into health and health recovery and be tanky as hell and do more damage than a traditional build

That only works if scaling off highest offensive stat scales procs to where they are now in terms of damage. If it makes them stronger, the problem will just be worse. That is the entire reason proc's ability to critically hit was removed.

Besides, I would not put it past ZOS to make them scale off health, lol.
    Edited by katorga on January 9, 2021 3:56PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Playnice wrote: »

That only works if scaling off highest offensive stat scales procs to where they are now in terms of damage. If it makes them stronger, the problem will just be worse. That is the entire reason proc's ability to critically hit was removed.

Besides, I would not put it past ZOS to make them scale off health, lol.

I have said this a lot before, but they would need to have their base damage lowered to that of an equivalent skill. Say if red mountain scaled the same as dizzy swing, but was able to crit. Then you would never achieve the tooltips you do now(unless you killed your recovery) but a player would have to make a choice. Malacath wouldn't necessarily be the best option as you could increase your crit modifier too and build this way. You could wear two damage stat sets and have high tooltips or wear a stat set and a proc set and increase your damage output, but lower your tooltips.

You couldn't stack health and build craft would largely be about compromise again.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My balance suggestion:

Lower proc set damage by 33% and make them able to crit again. This accomplishes:

1. Overall pvp nerf
    2. Pve buff or nerf depending on build
    3. Nerf to Malacath buff to proc sets

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    great reminder why i havent play for months on top of garbage pc eu server
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other question is - if they would nerf proc sets - how do you want to kill somebody? It already is quite hard to kill a tanky player.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stahlor wrote: »
    The other question is - if they would nerf proc sets - how do you want to kill somebody? It already is quite hard to kill a tanky player.

Proc set are the reason players are so tanky...
    Take them away and it is just someone with a lot health who can't do any damage.
  • ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭
    Another week with proc sets in 2021. this year doesn't look good. I'll better continues to take things slowly with ESO.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Procs broken, WW broken. This is why I haven't been playing. Idk why I came back for a week. I guess to prove to myself that ZOS is still ok with carrying people.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Procs broken, WW broken. This is why I haven't been playing. Idk why I came back for a week. I guess to prove to myself that ZOS is still ok with carrying people.

At this point, it's the people carrying ZOS. If there are no improvements (of all sorts) to PvP soon, maybe it's finally time to let them fall.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    Proc sets are a fine and dandy for solo playing - ALLOWING them to stack in pvp is a mistake. Pls zos if you want this game viable - do NOT allow similar proc sets to stack , supporting thus low level players vs quite skilful ones - by simply creating what are known as "ballgroups" which do nothing else but run around with 20 of those sets killing everything in their path , while they aren't as much as lifting a finger while at it. This is darn right unfair and a game killer. Personally, while I understand the kicks - I find it utterly boring to deal with such groups - and I strongly recommend to take off the stacking possibilities of such sets. Leave it for the solo player, but do not allow them stacking when multiple are wearing the same set. My two cents of thought after having encountered such groups - and being in the end bored. That's no fight right there - and if it were, tis not even a fair one. Anything stacking beyond a certain nr in pvp should not be allowed - people are abusing it. The same goes for heals. Set some limits if you want things to stay viable.
    Edited by Erissime on January 18, 2021 7:28PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I think it is BS they just can't just let healers be healers and NBs be a true assassin class when all I seem to run into is groups of Necromancer's with the Harbinger sets.

What happens when two of these builds fight, both in their Goliath Ultimates, both blocking?

Does harbinger reflect harbinger damage?

I need to get Harbinger and try.