Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Venomous Smite stays the same?!

DukeDiewalker
DukeDiewalker
✭✭✭✭
So... venomous smite is not getting its well deserved nerf (40 - 50% dmg nerf or more)
Is this an out of season April fools joke? @ZOS_GinaBruno

(I know this is just the 1st PTS cycle, hold your keyboards and fedoras forum dwellers. It still HAS TO be said as the past has taught us with sets and ZOS' awareness)
We don't want pvp to look like this anymore, thank you.
0rQ4IJg.png
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think its that bad really, i can think of several old set combos that can trash this easy If we are going full proc
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it’s new. If they nerf the f out most of the new shinies insta, the new content will lose it’s value.

Personally I have not had a problem against this set....

By your death recap, you could of slotted something for that....

Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on July 13, 2020 4:50PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's particular "interesting" that they buffed many proc sets as well.

All while the current cheese (hunter venom, draugrkin) stays untouched.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Venomous is just fine. Leave it as it is.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Indeed it's so fine that everyone and their mother runs it in no cp.
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    8k damage over 10 seconds, such burst, much wow
    immediate nerf required (not)
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any patch notes yet? Cant seem find them
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »

Wow, you have no idea lol. If you played pvp then you would know how good this set is right now. Maybe not in carrycp but it's certainly overperforming in no cp.

• SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk if you read the patch notesm y dude but as far as dot sets go I think venomous is gonna be the least of your concearns...hell I mean a poision inject sheer venom proc looksdealdy af to me now that hseer venom has a execute multiplier on it self meaning you have 2 dots ticking on you both with an execute modifier...oh and sheer venom can be aplied to more than 1 enemie now.....just to name 1 example......venomous is the least of my concerns at least my dude

• Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk if you read the patch notesm y dude but as far as dot sets go I think venomous is gonna be the least of your concearns...hell I mean a poision inject sheer venom proc looksdealdy af to me now that hseer venom has a execute multiplier on it self meaning you have 2 dots ticking on you both with an execute modifier...oh and sheer venom can be aplied to more than 1 enemie now.....just to name 1 example......venomous is the least of my concerns at least my dude

Can u link the patch notes?
  • DukeDiewalker
    DukeDiewalker
    ✭✭✭✭

I know and I agree. But we have to start somewhere with the "feedback". And all those changes to procsets are very concerning. Caluurions being buffed and even without much of a requirment as an example and many others with similar issues.
    Pvp is going down the drain with this.
  • DukeDiewalker
    DukeDiewalker
    ✭✭✭✭

Can u link the patch notes?

Here you go
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/537057/pts-patch-notes-v6-1-0

Won't reply to the other comments so far, since they have nothing of value to say.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tired of whiners figure it out yourself
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on July 13, 2020 5:41PM
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

Wow, you have no idea lol. If you played pvp then you would know how good this set is right now. Maybe not in carrycp but it's certainly overperforming in no cp.

Umm, when I run my squishy sniper build in no cp Cyro, I don't have any issues with 8k in 10 seconds. I often go full idiot and play my sniper far more aggressively than I should, so I do take a lot of damage often. This is not something that gives me that many issues. But I do have large heals despite the nerf to them.
    Edited by Bucky_13 on July 13, 2020 5:37PM
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've addressed this before. Some people agree that it needs a nerf and some don't. It definitely makes no sense relative to Viper's Sting.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/530462/greymoor-venomous-smite-vipers-sting-in-horns-of-the-reach-patch-when-it-was-considered-op#latest
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »

Umm, when I run my squishy sniper build in no cp Cyro, I don't have any issues with 8k in 10 seconds. I often go full idiot and play my sniper far more aggressively than I should, so I do take a lot of damage often. This is not something that gives me that many issues. But I do have large heals despite the nerf to them.

no one wants to learn to play, they want nerfs to make them better.

Idc on venomous, I find it not to be a problem compared to more potent set ups. Those you have to watch your step with.

Been playing PvP since the start. Not trying to be rude but just saying it can be dealt with. Also, ZOS is changing the game a bit by the Patch Notes....
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on July 13, 2020 5:46PM
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't want pvp to look like this anymore, thank you.

Don't worry, they just buffed some other dot proc sets and even added one that can deal more dmg than venomous smite, so there will be some variation in your death recaps soon.

Because you know, using skill(s) to kill someone is so old-fashioned ...
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As states....I do notthink venomousis a main concern atm.....other sets seems way more potent
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, let's nerf anything that kills you.

Edited by gatekeeper13 on July 13, 2020 6:20PM
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

😂 that’s pretty much how it goes anymore.

Too bad though when they are fighting someone with years of experience.

It is just a game, so c'est la vie.
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on July 13, 2020 6:30PM
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone uses this to defend their cheese. No one is asking for a nerf because it appeared on recap, people are asking for a nerf because it's overpowerforming, almost everyone is using it and it has huge value for no skill or cost.

• gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Everyone uses this to defend their cheese. No one is asking for a nerf because it appeared on recap, people are asking for a nerf because it's overpowerforming, almost everyone is using it and it has huge value for no skill or cost.

Every set has it's own strengths and weaknesses. And it's not overpowerforming at all. Dmg is ok and easily outhealed. And I am talking as a birdy bow NB with 16% dmg mitigation (not a ganker). Never had a problem with it, Vigor took care of it easily.

And yes, people are asking for a nerf because it appears on their recap, as it seems. "Hey, I was killed by a noob only because he used Venomous, otherwise I would have won". Typical excuse.

Personally, I am using it only for it's aoe, when fighting zergs or ball groups.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know, never had an issue with that set tbh...and a lot of other dots got buffed... I get killed way more by other stuff... like nb snipers and dizzying swings lol
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every set has it's own strengths and weaknesses. And it's not overpowerforming at all. Dmg is ok and easily outhealed. And I am talking as a birdy bow NB with 16% dmg mitigation (not a ganker). Never had a problem with it, Vigor took care of it easily.

And yes, people are asking for a nerf because it appears on their recap, as it seems. "Hey, I was killed by a noob only because he used Venomous, otherwise I would have won". Typical excuse.

Personally, I am using it only for it's aoe, when fighting zergs or ball groups.

And the zergs are using it for it's easy proc and high damage that stays on target and also stacks. It's an xv1 cheese set that groups use to zerg people down because they prefer as little skill as possible.

And you say it's easily outhealed, but heals are terrible this patch. My vigor heals under 1k on stamsorc, and this set deals normally 1k+ damage a tick lol.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on July 13, 2020 7:30PM
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is useless against zergs or ball grps - and that's also why so many belive it is balanced. When hiding inside a zerg it is indeed not a big problem to deal with because of the insane amounts of cross healing as well as purge. But it is way overtuned for 1vs1/Xv1 when compared to most other sets, and especially in comparison to both heal and dmg skills.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    107a97ca5bd4a571edcebec54a66fc32.jpg
    I happen to remember what Viper Set used to do... and compared to Venomous Smite , Viper Sting, looks like a child's toy...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 13, 2020 9:18PM
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

2C29aGU.png

Just heal bro no big deal
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• novemberhhh
    novemberhhh
    ✭✭✭
    hey if they nerf muh proc sets i might actually have to push more than 1 button over and over and over and thats not fair
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »

Oh look focused fire from 3x people is deadly ? Who could have guessed.
    Replace venom with crystal frags and situation wont change.
    Lets nerf frags ?

• Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »

Oh look focused fire from 3x people is deadly ? Who could have guessed.
    Replace venom with crystal frags and situation wont change.
    Lets nerf frags ?

Focused fire in this case is just one crit from three different players. A single tick from a dot critting is enough.