Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Venomous Smite stays the same?!

• WastedJoker
    WastedJoker
    ✭✭✭
    Spite isn't that bad. Dizzying Swing/Executioner/Biting Jabs need nerfing more. I swear people just spam that all the time.

Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll!
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And so the treadmill continues...
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Vetixio wrote: »
    It's honestly such a carry set, sure you can cleanse it but its so much free AoE damage its ridiculous, nearly as ridiculous as these people trying to defend it.

[Quoted post was removed]

Literally no one is saying they die to venomous smite alone. But a set that does the same damage as old Sload (sure it isn´t oblivion damage) and has an AoE component that sticks to the target (for some reason a few players seem to think venomous smite just leaves a pool on the ground, but that is just false information), makes the set ridiculous. I even see magicka users run this set in nocp due the amount of pressure it applies to the enemy.

The damage and/or duration of this set needs to be reduced significantly, or it needs a rework so it only creates a pool of poison on the floor (similar to like caltrops) so you can actually walk out of it.

It´s an overperforming set and in NOCP it plagues both BG´s and Cyrodil with its precense.

And fourth, the AoE is ridiculously easy to avoid.

It is? How?

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 23, 2020 12:36PM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's honestly such a carry set, sure you can cleanse it but its so much free AoE damage its ridiculous, nearly as ridiculous as these people trying to defend it.

Literally no one is saying they die to venomous smite alone. But a set that does the same damage as old Sload (sure it isn´t oblivion damage) and has an AoE component that sticks to the target (for some reason a few players seem to think venomous smite just leaves a pool on the ground, but that is just false information), makes the set ridiculous. I even see magicka users run this set in nocp due the amount of pressure it applies to the enemy.

The damage and/or duration of this set needs to be reduced significantly, or it needs a rework so it only creates a pool of poison on the floor (similar to like caltrops) so you can actually walk out of it.

It´s an overperforming set and in NOCP it plagues both BG´s and Cyrodil with its precense.

First of all, as you said, it's not oblivion dmg. It is poison dmg and it is mitigated. Second, it's not much stronger than sets like Sheer Venom, especially with the buff it is getting next patch. But somehow no one has problem with Sheer Venom. Third, the dot is VERY EASY to outheal, even if you are in a 1v1 situation. And I am talking as someone who is not even close to playing a tanky build. My toon is a 16% dmg mitigation bow NB (not ganker) and although I ve been hit countless times by Venomous, I have rarely died by it. And fourth, the AoE is ridiculously easy to avoid.

FYI, I am not even using the set. I mostly go with NMA+Eternal for melee range fights or NMA+Savage Werewolf or any other set, depends on what will make me have fun in every situation. I only use Venomous 1) In sieges 2) when fighting Werewolves 3) When I want to complete the 40 player quest fast.

Well Sheer Venom has less than half the tooltip of venomous, even with the 100% multiplier(which youll never actually), it will do less damage per tick than venomous.

Anyway it was already pointed out that the set alone isnt the issue, its the fact that it can negate a decent part of your healing in no cp, and then it makes it difficult to deal with other incoming damage on top.

For example i use it on my stamplar, and between venomous and VMA 2h,in no cp its like1.5-k dot dmg a second, add another, biting jabs, and trust me in no cp unless you build really tanky , you wont be able to deal with all the pressure.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 23, 2020 12:37PM
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »

It is? How?

You have difficulty avoiding a fellow player hit by Venomous?
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... venomous smite is not getting its well deserved nerf (40 - 50% dmg nerf or more)
    Is this an out of season April fools joke? @ZOS_GinaBruno

(I know this is just the 1st PTS cycle, hold your keyboards and fedoras forum dwellers. It still HAS TO be said as the past has taught us with sets and ZOS' awareness)
    We don't want pvp to look like this anymore, thank you.
    0rQ4IJg.png

Lol I hate this set but it definitely doesn’t need a damage nerf. It’s legit doing 600-700 dps for a whole 5 pc on you.

Please don’t ban me ZOS this isn’t hate. This person is just inexperienced.
    Wuuffyy,
    WW/berserker playstyle advocate (I play ALL classes proficiently in PvP outside of WW as well)
    ESO player since 2014 (Xbox and PC for PTS)
    -DM for questions
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spite isn't that bad. Dizzying Swing/Executioner/Biting Jabs need nerfing more. I swear people just spam that all the time.

People spamming their spammables? Can't let that happen! To the pitchforks!
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is? How?

You have difficulty avoiding a fellow player hit by Venomous?

No, I have not. What really sucks with the set is that there is no reasonably accessible counterplay to it (when aplied to oneself, not a fellow player). There are still classes out there with no reasonable access to purge.

If ZOS would for instance give Venomous Smite the projectile treatment they gave to Sload's, it would help a lot. The individual player would at least have a chance to avoid the proc. The set would get less effective on average, so hopefully not everyone and their mother would run it.

Not that it matters much with the crazy proc set buffs coming next patch.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I have not. What really sucks with the set is that there is no reasonably accessible counterplay to it (when aplied to oneself, not a fellow player). There are still classes out there with no reasonable access to purge.

If ZOS would for instance give Venomous Smite the projectile treatment they gave to Sload's, it would help a lot. The individual player would at least have a chance to avoid the proc. The set would get less effective on average, so hopefully not everyone and their mother would run it.

I am sure you know the Support skill called "Purge". If you struggle with Venomous, you can use it to cleanse yourself from the debuff.

But to be fair, Sload's was not just "nerfed". It was obliterated to the point of being totally useless. Not only the dmg dealt is silly but also the proc rate is broken. Used it on my bow NB to troll players and no matter how many times I hit them, it wouldn't proc. Well, it did proc but rate was like <10% and dmg meaningless.

Edited by gatekeeper13 on August 22, 2020 8:44AM
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threads like this always give me a chuckle. Its rather amazing to read the effort put into the Olympic level verbal justification to imply/say "everything is fine". I can guess what set said people are clinging to like a fly on... stuff. :)
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure you know the Support skill called "Purge". If you struggle with Venomous, you can use it to cleanse yourself from the debuff.

You think investing a skill slot and spending over 5k magica (and that's already the 'efficient' morph) to remove 3 negative effects when you usually get debuffed to high heaven in an average PvP encounter is viable counterplay?

"Just purge it" was a forum meme a while ago for good reasons.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh, seriously we gotta do BG's in this cloud of toxic waste for another patch GET IT TOGETHER ZOS
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It doesn't matter if this set is nerfed or not to be honest. Stonethorn is going to bring in more powerful sets anyway. Plus, in the screenshot provided by the OP he was hit by it but it ticked over 11 times but if you break down the damage it wasn't even that much. I know it sounds like I am defending the set but in that instance, it hit like a noodle... I mean that is like Consuming Trap level damage. (not saying that you can't make a build that hits harder)

There is always going to be a set, ability, weapon, or whatever that is broken that you will need to counter. You can ask all day on these forums for a nerf, that's fine, but you should also learn to get around it because when it's gone/nerfed... something else will take its place. I learned this a long time ago in PVP.

If you are a templar, necro, or warden you can just purge this off. If you aren't and you are magicka then you can wear Curse-Eater, Stendarr's Embrace, or Wyrd Tree's Blessing to purge it. If you are stamina and aren't any of the three classes I mentioned then you can wait for your healer to put down purge if a templar or for them to use the alliance ability. Stamina and soloing? I use Eternal Vigor which increases my health recovery pretty high for damage build and also I keep the healing ability Vigor up all the time. So that set combined with the HoT will out heal Venomous. Being a Bosmer also helps I am told.

Sometimes in PVP, you have to have multiple setups for different occasions, which is why the add-on Dressing Room is so popular. And like I said, nerf the set... don't nerf it... I don't really care but you have to start learning to counter these overpowered things this game introduces because when this is gone (and it will probably be nerfed down the road) then something else will take its place.

And yes, I did have a character who used this set as I mentioned in a previous thread but he doesn't anymore... I am trying a new build which is Clever and Eternal.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on August 23, 2020 12:00AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venomous. Unleashed. VMA 2H. Crit Rush :)
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Me and my group were laughing last night, that now when you make a new outfit you have to imagine what it looks like with a great big green circle around it. As you'll be wearing it all the time regardless 😂
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Situational Anti-Ball Group mitigation keep defense set which I'm sure was the ZOS intended design.
    Better damage options out there.
    Move along
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

My guess is all of these people complaining are those killing us with crystal frag/dizzying swing/executioner/jab/whirlwind spam. Because I personally get killed by that crap more than I do snipe and venomous. And I only use this on one toon lol.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me and my group were laughing last night, that now when you make a new outfit you have to imagine what it looks like with a great big green circle around it. As you'll be wearing it all the time regardless 😂

So you must be dead all the time then since it is so overpowered and you always have it on you. How do you manage to play the game?
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    precambria wrote: »
    Bruh, seriously we gotta do BG's in this cloud of toxic waste for another patch GET IT TOGETHER ZOS

What's your main build? Please share the skills in your rotation....
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »

So you must be dead all the time then since it is so overpowered and you always have it on you. How do you manage to play the game?

I made no suggestion that I die to it, only the amount of people using it... And how often you have the effect on you... Do you read much?

You may not have noticed at the back of a zerg spamming your left click, but if you are on the front line it is applied at least once a minute in most PvP areas.
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Balrogh+ Deadly strikes + pillar of nirn on a stamplar is nuts
    PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You think investing a skill slot and spending over 5k magica (and that's already the 'efficient' morph) to remove 3 negative effects when you usually get debuffed to high heaven in an average PvP encounter is viable counterplay?

"Just purge it" was a forum meme a while ago for good reasons.

You said that there are classes who still don't have purge skill and I said that in that case, you can use Purge from Alliance skill line. And only in occasions where you face players who have Venomous and you struggle against it. Although it's a very easy dot to outheal. Just use Vigor and you are good to go. In my Recount log, most players hit by Venomous dont get dmg higher than 800 (0.8k) per second. So I dont see how this is difficult to outheal.

To be fair, I tested Venomous in BGs (farming for Fanged Worm staff page) and there for some reason it is insanely strong. In Cyro no-CP it's a joke and personally never die from it. But it does help in getting the 40 player quest completed fast because of the aoe.

pauld1_ESO wrote: »

My guess is all of these people complaining are those killing us with crystal frag/dizzying swing/executioner/jab/whirlwind spam. Because I personally get killed by that crap more than I do snipe and venomous. And I only use this on one toon lol.

This.

Edited by gatekeeper13 on August 23, 2020 5:21PM
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm never in favor of nerfs EXCEPT if something was broken about a set or ability. Broken as in does not work. Not doesn't work now that we changed our mind. But I'm also in favor of no gear choices or ability layouts factoring into PvP. I don't think PvP should be about choices made outside of it. No dungeon diving for some item that will make you better. Its Player versus Player. Not gear slipup of developers versus player. So its either make no choices matter in regards to gear or learn to live with it. Developers have shown they cannot combat their players ability to out think them. Its time we all accept that and move on to improving what actually needs improving. Like flashing load screens in Cyrodiil.
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys do know ZOS just moderates the forum and doesn't answer or listen to anything being said here, regardless of very well thought out points or irrational ideas? It is just us talking to each other about things that will eventually just be met with random buffs and nerfs. Eventually, everyone will get his/her meta in the long run.

Just saying, take a look at every thread and try to find a single response that isn't "some comments were removed, keep the TOS in mind" ;)
    Edited by CrazYDunm3r on August 24, 2020 9:55AM
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards