Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Venomous Smite stays the same?!

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DTStormfox wrote: »
    I've addressed this before. Some people agree that it needs a nerf and some don't. It definitely makes no sense relative to Viper's Sting.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/530462/greymoor-venomous-smite-vipers-sting-in-horns-of-the-reach-patch-when-it-was-considered-op#latest

Actually, before it even left the PTS I said it made no sense compared to this set:

https://eso-sets.com/set/syvarras-scales

It's just ZOS balancing at its finest. I bet Syvarra will be the one to get a nerf, just like what happened to Arch-mage. Wouldn't put it past them.
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only thing I want removed is that annoying sound effect from hunter's venom. And aoe part of it since it would also remove the annoying animation as well. The damage on it is not much at all. Sheer venom on the other hand, will be the most annoying thing in no cp campaign next patch if they don't change it. It's good as it is now, I have no idea why they are buffing it even further.
    Also for that draugrkin cheese, you can only pull it off with no maxstats stamsorc, even though it's annoying to deal with it, no other stamclass can use it and survive long enough to get away without ball of lightnings.
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... venomous smite is not getting its well deserved nerf (40 - 50% dmg nerf or more)
    Is this an out of season April fools joke? @ZOS_GinaBruno

(I know this is just the 1st PTS cycle, hold your keyboards and fedoras forum dwellers. It still HAS TO be said as the past has taught us with sets and ZOS' awareness)
    We don't want pvp to look like this anymore, thank you.
    0rQ4IJg.png

maybe dont get the same dot from 3 guys ? this would hurt with every dot if u have 3x burning ambers ull get much dmg to

i think this set is total ok if not a bit underperforming
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

Yeah, let's nerf anything that kills you.

Everyone uses this to defend their cheese. No one is asking for a nerf because it appeared on recap, people are asking for a nerf because it's overpowerforming, almost everyone is using it and it has huge value for no skill or cost.

Every set has it's own strengths and weaknesses. And it's not overpowerforming at all. Dmg is ok and easily outhealed. And I am talking as a birdy bow NB with 16% dmg mitigation (not a ganker). Never had a problem with it, Vigor took care of it easily.

And yes, people are asking for a nerf because it appears on their recap, as it seems. "Hey, I was killed by a noob only because he used Venomous, otherwise I would have won". Typical excuse.

Personally, I am using it only for it's aoe, when fighting zergs or ball groups.

2C29aGU.png

Just heal bro no big deal

Yeah, its not a big deal. This is not burst dmg, it's >2k dmg every second and Vigor can outheal it easily.

Dont know how it works in BGs, I am talking about No-CP Cyro.
    Edited by gatekeeper13 on August 12, 2020 2:30PM
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... venomous smite is not getting its well deserved nerf (40 - 50% dmg nerf or more)
    Is this an out of season April fools joke? @ZOS_GinaBruno

(I know this is just the 1st PTS cycle, hold your keyboards and fedoras forum dwellers. It still HAS TO be said as the past has taught us with sets and ZOS' awareness)
    We don't want pvp to look like this anymore, thank you.
    0rQ4IJg.png

This is a you issue. Why have you taken so many damage ticks from it?
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it’s new. If they nerf the f out most of the new shinies insta, the new content will lose it’s value.

already have with the incoming thrassian nerf and the blood for blood nerf
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all the people trying to defend this set, I know it's your first time being relevant in PvP or that it hasn't impacted your PvDoor zerging to much but there is a 0% chance this set will not be nerfed VERY soon so I would just save your justifications.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venomous is basically old sloads on Steroids hitting for sometimes over 1000+ per tick, it needs to be nerfed asap. It's beyond broken. Anyone choosing to defend this set needs to be seriously questioned for their mentality.

My solution is to either outright lower the damage making it more comparable to other proc sets Medium has to offer like Vipers or make it a stationary ground based AoE that spawns under the target. It's just way too strong in its current form.
    Edited by dinokstrunz on August 12, 2020 3:48PM
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, we do have next week to see what changes will be going live, since ZOS rarely makes any changes between the last week of PTS and what ends up shipping with a new update. Usually what we have for the last week of testing is what we're going to get. I'd suggest if people have problems with how the set performs to make posts in the Sets feedback thread in the PTS board and also do /feedback in-game.

Of course it's not like ZOS really listens to feedback unless an overwhelming number of people are against something, and even then it's rare.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venomous is basically old sloads on Steroids hitting for sometimes over 1000+ per tick, it needs to be nerfed asap. It's beyond broken. Anyone choosing to defend this set needs to be seriously questioned for their mentality.

My solution is to either outright lower the damage making it more comparable to other proc sets Medium has to offer like Vipers or make it a stationary ground based AoE that spawns under the target. It's just way too strong in its current form.

I play in the main campaign every day and this set is never on my death summary. If you're taking damage over 11 seconds like OP without doing something about it ZOS nerfing one set won't help you.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is something lacking in your build and playstyle that you need to adjust. This is evident from your death recap.

Edited by Girl_Number8 on August 12, 2020 6:19PM
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People really can't get enough of nerfing everything? It's so exhausting to see these constant complaints. Try and make ZOS fix the game instead, in that way maybe you wold have a chance to actually survive a set like this - but now you can't do like anything most of the time in PVP. THAT'S the problem we all have, not a cliché proc set dealing damage.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine defending venomous smite, a set doing the same damage as old sload, but with an AoE component attached to it as well. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 13, 2020 12:28PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    madrab73 wrote: »

I play in the main campaign every day and this set is never on my death summary. If you're taking damage over 11 seconds like OP without doing something about it ZOS nerfing one set won't help you.

As far as I know, it cannot be cleansed. So if someone hits you with it, you are pretty much forced to take damage until it falls off. Forcing you to spend your healing outhealing the set. Which means any healing counterplay to burst is gone. It lasts on you for 10 seconds or until you die before the 10 seconds mark. Getting 11 ticks of it is literally the only way to survive the skill and you are wasting all of your healing power to survive it.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention, from a stam and mag perspective, Resolving Vigor lasts 4 seconds and Rapid Regen last 5. So for stam, you will need to cast your healing skill 3 times during the duration of a proc set dot, just to counter the damage from only that proc set. And mag will need to do so twice. And this only covers the damage from that proc set. Doesn't even count all other incoming damage.
  • d3adpain
    d3adpain
    ✭✭✭
    well if you didnt notice yet or you new here, zos DONT care about balance lol
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spoken like some who probably sits in a group with 5 players in each direction, not every class has the luxury of having an efficient cleanse skill, even when playing outnumbered having cleanse is pointless since odds are likely it will be applied against almost immediately since there's multiple opponents, given the sets strength the chances of that happening are extremely high.
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf everything until we're hitting each other with wooden spoons.

God, this is getting old.

The set is fine.

From the 2nd screenshot it looks like you were being targeted by a snipe build. Likely someone that has insane damage potential and low survivaibility. Is the problem really the set or you not targeting and contending with that player?

• precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine being a CP PvP zerg and coming to tell high MMR BG players when they need to do. Being locked in a cage match vs non bot enemies is a lot different than being able to reset a fight 20 times and fighting people who's skills won't even fire.
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a 10k+ tick on me from that set. I immediately went and farmed for one.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Venomous isn't even top 3 anymore, and that's not a good thing.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, Venomous is strong, but Sheer Venom and Unleashed Terror are oppressive in comparison.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Yeah, Venomous is strong, but Sheer Venom and Unleashed Terror are oppressive in comparison.

Unfortunately.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

[snip] Because if you did, you would know that venomous smite is a ridiculous overperforming set in NOCP. All you´ve to do is look at the numbers in CMX (combat metrics) after some PvP sessions (be it BG´s or open world Cyrodil). The damage ranges anywhere from 800-1,2k/tick, so in some instances/situations it´s actually stronger than old Sload, especially since Venomous Smite also has an AoE component (which btw can proc the poisoned status effect, which is some extra DoT damage).

[snip]

[edited to remove quote and baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 13, 2020 12:29PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Been hearing about stam builds using Draugrkin in BG's and melting people - can't personally confirm that, but I can confirm that it's possible to make extremely oppressive magicka builds with Draugrkin.

What's not cool is that once again a class (Templar) is getting smacked with the nerf bat soon, in multiple ways, thanks in part to the power creep produced by sets like Draugrkin. Which procs on procs by the way ;)

Release OP set, nerf some class skills/passives to bring back down to the level they were on before that OP set dropped, rinse and repeat.

Can't even say procs are the latest flavor since they've been a recurring issue for some time now. Release set, nerf class, release set, nerf skill, and so on

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 13, 2020 12:30PM
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I both wear this set and get hit by it and I play mostly in no-CP PvP lately and honestly it's not that bad. I get hit by it all the time and just vigor/rally thru it pretty easily. I also see some enemies who heal thru it as well, those classes who have purge I can see purging the dot.

Is it strong? Yeah but you can counter it. The problem isn't those who wear it it's those who don't counter it. Also, If you are getting focused by 3-4 people in BGs or Cyro then you are typically screwed, doesn't really matter what they are wearing.

And for those saying "it does 800/1k per tick" yeah... it does... do you even slot a HoT or do you expect everything to hit for 500 damage or less? I can heal thru this if hit by a player with vigor, rally and not to mention if I have a potion going too.

Honestly, when Stonethorn hits and all these set changes hit live you won't see much Smite anymore because other sets will be more OP. So in a sense, it got nerfed because it won't be one of the better sets to use anymore. So nerf it, don't nerf it... doesn't matter... those who crave to wear broken sets will just move on anyway.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on August 12, 2020 10:06PM
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people want them to nerf everything that's good and the stuff they do nerf you complain about them wrecking it. Many people use Hundlings, mothers sorrow, julianos, spriggans because they are decent and easy to get for average players. That doesn't mean they should nerf those. Venomous looks good but isn't so good they should nerf it. It' just another good overland set to add to the menu. Trial and dungeon sets are still better. One of the biggest complaints people have is the constant nerfing of gear and skills so why encourage them .
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will take going up against an easily cleansed VS any day over Grothdarr
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a you issue. Why have you taken so many damage ticks from it?

And we have a winner! that was a looooooong death, and not really the best choice of recaps.

If they want to fix proc sets, they need to cap 1 - x instances of each particular dot proc on a player at a time. I have a hunch something like this will be coming sooner rather than later.

• dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these "Just cleanse it" comments just show how really clueless a lot of people are when it comes to how strong this set really is. Yes cleansing works and is probably the best way of dealing with this set, but you enter a battleground or open world Cyrodiil this set is an absolute monster.

It works on literally any build, synergizes with other sets such as Azureblight, can be procced from any damage source that can be critical. The average heal over time cannot out heal it and this set becomes a nightmare in any outnumbered situation especially in the NO CP PvP areas. Like any proc set it becomes unmanageable when large groups of players are actively using this set within their group.

In battlegrounds this set is very common due to the raw damage output it provides every combat data will easily show the damage from this set being the highest damage portion from almost any player using it. Calling it absurd damage is an understatement, sets like this have a history of ruining pvp for a lot of players and is very reminiscent of the introduction of Sloads back 2 years ago and that set pulled a lot of anger from players. But this set is above and beyond sloads at this point and the fact it's also an AoE just makes any pvp situation worse for those on the receiving end.

The fact that this set went under to radar for Stonethorn PTS is extremely alarming and with further buffs to other proc sets in the game just makes the future of PvP in this game look very bleak, sets like Unleashed Terror, Sheer Venom, Syvarra and Pillar of Nirn are going to be extremely prevalent. I don't know how anyone who even remotely enjoys PvP can be excited for next patch. Not looking good.