Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Venomous Smite stays the same?!

• dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venomous is just fine. Leave it as it is.
    107a97ca5bd4a571edcebec54a66fc32.jpg
    I happen to remember what Viper Set used to do... and compared to Venomous Smite , Viper Sting, looks like a child's toy...

Are you sure you are remembering the original Viper Sting correctly? Because it was an ~8k burst on any direct damage with no cooldown. Viper Sting was definitely OP for burst when it first came out. It was a free ~8k burst to your regular burst combo.

By comparison, Venomous Smite only procs on crits & has a cooldown. The only thing better than the original Viper Sting is the AOE.. but it's very easy to see & get out of if you are not the person it's on.
    Edited by dem0n1k on August 13, 2020 5:24AM
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Imagine defending venomous smite, a set doing the same damage as old sload, but with an AoE component attached to it as well. [snip]
    Yep. It is kinda sad that they are nerfing pretty much all relevant sets that give you "base stats" boost (you need an "active" gameplay for those sets to work, casting skills & waving) and at the same time buff proc sets that do dmg for you ("passive" gameplay).

If Venomous Smite stays as it is then NMA should stayed as it is too. Otherwise ZOS proves once again that their "standarisation" has double standards.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 13, 2020 12:30PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »
    8k damage over 10 seconds, such burst, much wow
    immediate nerf required (not)

A Nightblade duo tonight running the set farmed the living crap out of half a dozen of us in Cyro before we started a siege and eventually overwhelmed them as more showed up. One wasn't even CP cap. It's blatantly the new dps craze and I'm almost positive everyone against a nerf are the ones running it.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Scottfree2
    Scottfree2
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, Venomous places a large green circle on the ground when it procs .. if only there was some simple counter play one could use .. oh wait, what if u MOVE out of the circle.

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 13, 2020 12:31PM
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scottfree2 wrote: »
    Hmm, Venomous places a large green circle on the ground when it procs .. if only there was some simple counter play one could use .. oh wait, what if u MOVE out of the circle.

[snip]

You sir are incorrect. The circle is around the player and follows the player. The damage dot can be cleansed but the large circle will still stick to the player and damage allies around it similar to how chaos ball works. Thus there is little to no counter play and what's more, this can be stacked by multiple players like how sloads could be. This set simply does more than sloads did at its peak and has an aoe part to it.

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 13, 2020 12:31PM
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people want them to nerf everything that's good and the stuff they do nerf you complain about them wrecking it. Many people use Hundlings, mothers sorrow, julianos, spriggans because they are decent and easy to get for average players. That doesn't mean they should nerf those. Venomous looks good but isn't so good they should nerf it. It' just another good overland set to add to the menu. Trial and dungeon sets are still better. One of the biggest complaints people have is the constant nerfing of gear and skills so why encourage them .

All of those sets you mentioned are useless in PvP now that we have proc sets with damage done multipliers (aka Malacath).
    Building for stats is pointless now with this new direction ZOS have taken. You build for these procs that do more damage than any skill or most ultimates. The game is in a bad way with regards performance and gameplay. And it seems people are fine with this. I guess it’s over for ESO PvP.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do people want them to nerf everything that's good and the stuff they do nerf you complain about them wrecking it. Many people use Hundlings, mothers sorrow, julianos, spriggans because they are decent and easy to get for average players. That doesn't mean they should nerf those. Venomous looks good but isn't so good they should nerf it. It' just another good overland set to add to the menu. Trial and dungeon sets are still better. One of the biggest complaints people have is the constant nerfing of gear and skills so why encourage them .

All of those sets you mentioned are useless in PvP now that we have proc sets with damage done multipliers (aka Malacath).
    Building for stats is pointless now with this new direction ZOS have taken. You build for these procs that do more damage than any skill or most ultimates. The game is in a bad way with regards performance and gameplay. And it seems people are fine with this. I guess it’s over for ESO PvP.

You mean like this?

https://youtu.be/HdcxpajjjS0
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need this set in my life, for my poison/disease themed Argonian stamDK! Thanks for the reminder!

Looks like it will pair nicely with Deadly Strike, or perhaps... Sheer Venom...

This evenings ESO antics may have just been confirmed. Hunt for Venemous Strike...
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can see where peeps are coming from this on my characters it is 3124 per sec for 10 secs, do agree proc sets should be taken like skills, it will be pointless giving skills a cool down, when a set like this can do 30k over 10 secs
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Ephemeraldeception
    I don't really post into these neverending cyclical discussions, but since I use Venom on 1 of my chars.

Venom is easy and cheap to get but is not any more present in nocp BG than certain sets used by other stamina and Mag builds etc. So its obviously not THEE only viable choice.
    However there will always be certain strong or over strong combinations in certain builds/cases eg clever alchemist. looks to me (as I often do myself) that OP got overexposed to too many people in // in 1st case and didnt react fast enough to a poison build in second case.

Nevertheless, the only way to better level the playing field is an optional mode that ring fences battle grounds that characters can freely use a certain number of predetermined sets and weapons without having to farm them. This is only active during the match. Its then up to the payer to decide their style and pros/cons. Available choice should evolve overtime.

Zos wont do it though because players wont be pushed to buy next content to get the next overpowered options available to a few. Therefore this thread and others like it are pretty pointless. To paraphrase Albert Einstein : “Insanity is 'complaining to zos about"' the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

• NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean like this?

https://youtu.be/HdcxpajjjS0

Exactly like this. Procs need to scale off of particular stats. The future of PvP in ESO is two bars of self buffs and sets that deal all your damage, while players bump heads and try to out heal the other players procs. Pretty depressing really.
    Damage dealer, tank and healer roles are non-existent in ESO PvP, because everyone will be their own healer, tank and damage dealer.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

multiply with at least 7 out of 8 enemies you face in BGs and yeah lmoa
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Nightblade duo tonight running the set farmed the living crap out of half a dozen of us in Cyro before we started a siege and eventually overwhelmed them as more showed up.

There is a DC nighblade party that wrecks people instantly with calurions.
    I mean instantly, not letting people rot under 1k/sec poor dot for 10 seconds as OP died.
    Edited by Tammany on August 13, 2020 10:49AM
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could just remove no cp to stop the complaints?
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings everyone!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on baiting. It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Just heal bro no big deal

Oh look focused fire from 3x people is deadly ? Who could have guessed.
    Replace venom with crystal frags and situation wont change.
    Lets nerf frags ?

Except that frag counter play is to dodge or block. What's the counter play for 3x venom hunter? Stacking health recovery? Already did in that screenshot with 4.9k hp recovery. More heals? Won't matter with healing nerf.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

Yeah, let's nerf anything that kills you.

Everyone uses this to defend their cheese. No one is asking for a nerf because it appeared on recap, people are asking for a nerf because it's overpowerforming, almost everyone is using it and it has huge value for no skill or cost.

Every set has it's own strengths and weaknesses. And it's not overpowerforming at all. Dmg is ok and easily outhealed. And I am talking as a birdy bow NB with 16% dmg mitigation (not a ganker). Never had a problem with it, Vigor took care of it easily.

And yes, people are asking for a nerf because it appears on their recap, as it seems. "Hey, I was killed by a noob only because he used Venomous, otherwise I would have won". Typical excuse.

Personally, I am using it only for it's aoe, when fighting zergs or ball groups.

2C29aGU.png

Just heal bro no big deal

Yeah, its not a big deal. This is not burst dmg, it's >2k dmg every second and Vigor can outheal it easily.

Dont know how it works in BGs, I am talking about No-CP Cyro.

If you think burst damage is the only thing that can kill people, you're sadly mistaken lol
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you may not like the direction the combat for the game is going, it's clear that the developers have a plan for how they want the players to engage in combat and having the armor sets be an even higher impact influence on your build is part of that. From where we stand right now we can either work with it and play the game, or we can go Elswyer. I for one am excited to play in this next patch. Combat being more quick and decisive is something that I much prefer even if it means I die quicker. Everyone will feel stronger next patch and for me that is a good thing.
  • DukeDiewalker
    DukeDiewalker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whoever was defending the damage of Venomous Smite and saying those screenshot tell you, the problem is on my end [snip]
    [snip] Those screenshots were taken during completely outnumbered fights, as I mostly pvp in a NoCP 1vX environment.

But who cares? ZOS doesn't and neither do I :smile:

Mods please close this thread

[Edited to remove Baiting and Rude Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 21, 2020 4:57PM
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    While you may not like the direction the combat for the game is going, it's clear that the developers have a plan for how they want the players to engage in combat and having the armor sets be an even higher impact influence on your build is part of that. From where we stand right now we can either work with it and play the game, or we can go Elswyer. I for one am excited to play in this next patch. Combat being more quick and decisive is something that I much prefer even if it means I die quicker. Everyone will feel stronger next patch and for me that is a good thing.

i agree the way they are going is good, but proc sets can be a real issue when its not 1 person on you, the amount attacking 1 person can range from 4-50, this also needs to be taken in account, well i say 4 but in bg's i have seen 2 teams going after 1
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's honestly such a carry set, sure you can cleanse it but its so much free AoE damage its ridiculous, nearly as ridiculous as these people trying to defend it.
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    Venomous is just fine. Leave it as it is.
    107a97ca5bd4a571edcebec54a66fc32.jpg
    I happen to remember what Viper Set used to do... and compared to Venomous Smite , Viper Sting, looks like a child's toy...

Are you sure you are remembering the original Viper Sting correctly? Because it was an ~8k burst on any direct damage with no cooldown. Viper Sting was definitely OP for burst when it first came out. It was a free ~8k burst to your regular burst combo.

By comparison, Venomous Smite only procs on crits & has a cooldown. The only thing better than the original Viper Sting is the AOE.. but it's very easy to see & get out of if you are not the person it's on.

Viper had a 4 sec cooldown from the get go.
    Anyay the power of venomous smite comes from the fact that a lot of classes have really bad healing in no cp atm, and this persistent dot negates a lot of that little healing.
    By itself it's not hard to deal with, it's all the other damage you take, while also under constant pressure from a hard hitting dot.
    Edited by Firstmep on August 21, 2020 8:04AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vetixio wrote: »
    It's honestly such a carry set, sure you can cleanse it but its so much free AoE damage its ridiculous, nearly as ridiculous as these people trying to defend it.

[Quoted post was removed]

Literally no one is saying they die to venomous smite alone. But a set that does the same damage as old Sload (sure it isn´t oblivion damage) and has an AoE component that sticks to the target (for some reason a few players seem to think venomous smite just leaves a pool on the ground, but that is just false information), makes the set ridiculous. I even see magicka users run this set in nocp due the amount of pressure it applies to the enemy.

The damage and/or duration of this set needs to be reduced significantly, or it needs a rework so it only creates a pool of poison on the floor (similar to like caltrops) so you can actually walk out of it.

It´s an overperforming set and in NOCP it plagues both BG´s and Cyrodil with its precense.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 23, 2020 12:35PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Literally no one is saying they die to venomous smite alone. But a set that does the same damage as old Sload (sure it isn´t oblivion damage) and has an AoE component that sticks to the target (for some reason a few players seem to think venomous smite just leaves a pool on the ground, but that is just false information), makes the set ridiculous. I even see magicka users run this set in nocp due the amount of pressure it applies to the enemy.

The damage and/or duration of this set needs to be reduced significantly, or it needs a rework so it only creates a pool of poison on the floor (similar to like caltrops) so you can actually walk out of it.

It´s an overperforming set and in NOCP it plagues both BG´s and Cyrodil with its precense.

Don't worry, plenty of sets will completely outclass venomous smite next patch xD.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 23, 2020 12:36PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Don't worry, plenty of sets will completely outclass venomous smite next patch xD.

Ye I know, sadly that´s the case..........
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

First of all, as you said, it's not oblivion dmg. It is poison dmg and it is mitigated. Second, it's not much stronger than sets like Sheer Venom, especially with the buff it is getting next patch. But somehow no one has problem with Sheer Venom. Third, the dot is VERY EASY to outheal, even if you are in a 1v1 situation. And I am talking as someone who is not even close to playing a tanky build. My toon is a 16% dmg mitigation bow NB (not ganker) and although I ve been hit countless times by Venomous, I have rarely died by it. And fourth, the AoE is ridiculously easy to avoid.

FYI, I am not even using the set. I mostly go with NMA+Eternal for melee range fights or NMA+Savage Werewolf or any other set, depends on what will make me have fun in every situation. I only use Venomous 1) In sieges 2) when fighting Werewolves 3) When I want to complete the 40 player quest fast.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

Wow, you have no idea lol. If you played pvp then you would know how good this set is right now. Maybe not in carrycp but it's certainly overperforming in no cp.

I play in noncp and only a handful use it. It's not easy but I get the hek outta there when it procs. Generally, sustain can get out of it. But you have to get a survival plan before you're hit.

Like others said, there are other more lethal combos out there.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a reason that DoT gets called Victors Poison instead of Hunters Poison. Personally I don't mind that Set much as long as I am on my main, it is Bosmer, so I take hardly any damage from it. But saying Vigor could outheal it, is not true, Vigor can only outheal it, if it is the only damage, and thats never the case. Also after the Cyro debuff and especially in no CP that DoT is broken. Seeing that you get 3 times that DoT from 3 players in deathrecap in a BG actually speaks for itself. Thats a clear indicator for it being OP there, otherwise you wouldn't see it 3 times.
    Edited by L_Nici on August 21, 2020 10:06AM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a potato mashing set only, not near BIS in this patch and will fall behind other sets next patch. If you don't like proc sets cheese in no CP play in the CP campaign.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    madrab73 wrote: »
    It's a potato mashing set only, not near BIS in this patch and will fall behind other sets next patch. If you don't like proc sets cheese in no CP play in the CP campaign.

This.

Using the set vs experienced players in No-CP Cyro gave me no advantage and don't see why all the fuss about it.