The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Greymoor is still for free for people who didnt buy it...

• Ventru7
    Ventru7
    Can we have a confirmation if this is gonna be a rollback for these people. Looks like the maintenance is not about this and I can't really do anything in the game incase this happens.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Ventru7 on May 27, 2020 8:10AM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grubbs008 wrote: »
    Don't forget, people that did not pre-order the expansion are also getting the pre-order stuff for free as well.

All you got for preorder was an ugly moun that no one will likely use. Are you sure you're not meaning digital collectors edition stuff is showing up for them?

I will use it. I like it. Apples and oranges, my friend.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    Grubbs008 wrote: »
    Don't forget, people that did not pre-order the expansion are also getting the pre-order stuff for free as well.

All you got for preorder was an ugly moun that no one will likely use. Are you sure you're not meaning digital collectors edition stuff is showing up for them?

I will use it. I like it. Apples and oranges, my friend.

Same, im a edgelord who like creepy/undead themed things.
  • Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Karma. People who supported ZOS and bought Greymoor are locked out of it, while people who refused are rewarded with free access. :)

Your quote perfectly sums up this forum. Complain, refuse to give money, and threaten to quit for the upteenth time. Than continue to play the game therefore supporting zos one way or another, so keep up the claim of not giving ZOS support [snip] :D

[Edited for Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on May 27, 2020 12:41PM
  • NoNameNamer
    NoNameNamer
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding my refund request, this is what has happened to it.

o4dleir.png
    “We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.”
    ― Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayroo wrote: »
    Karma. People who supported ZOS and bought Greymoor are locked out of it, while people who refused are rewarded with free access. :)

Your quote perfectly sums up this forum. Complain, refuse to give money, and threaten to quit for the upteenth time. Than continue to play the game therefore supporting zos one way or another, so keep up the claim of not giving ZOS support [snip] :D

Let me guess, you bought Greymoor? :) Gratz, I'm the one who's adding to the server load now and I'm the one who's able to visit Greymoor without paying a single dime to ZOS - so if making for more lag for you without paying anything while you're waiting for your purchased chapter is supporting ZOS, then yar, I'm supporting them all the way. [snip]

P.S.: You can also cheer yourself up while you're waiting by running nMA for Maelstrom weapons... oh wait, it's also bugged and doesn't drop weapons now, I forgot. :P But run anyway, running it is supporting ZOS, right? Right.

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on May 27, 2020 12:41PM
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm the one who's adding to the server load now and I'm the one who's able to visit Greymoor...

Joke's on you, servers are down for maintenance! NO ONE is adding to server load ATM. :)
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm the one who's adding to the server load now and I'm the one who's able to visit Greymoor...

Joke's on you, servers are down for maintenance! NO ONE is adding to server load ATM. :)

Fair, no server - no load, no bugs, no complaints. ZOS wisdom. :) (Though I know of a few who already speedran questline and even managed to get into Kyne's Aegis in spare time, beats me how they're managing all that. And they definitely don't intend to buy the chapter afterwards.)
    Edited by John_Falstaff on May 27, 2020 8:51AM
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did this hurt you again? I mean, you realize it's not intentional, and that it will be fixed? Such a party pooper. Never understood this. I'm glad people had a chance to look around a bit, it doesn't hurt anyone, and it's only temporary.

Reminds me of when I sent a few left over Pringle's chips (like 3 or 4) with my son to school, in his "pre-lunch snack box". Another kid ratted him down, and he had to throw them away (they called me, and I literally said "*** off" to his teacher LOL). I think that literally is what Nietzsche defined as "untermensch" - no that's not contemporary politics, it's philosophy. Never understood this.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    How did this hurt you again? I mean, you realize it's not intentional, and that it will be fixed? Such a party pooper. Never understood this. I'm glad people had a chance to look around a bit, it doesn't hurt anyone, and it's only temporary.

Reminds me of when I sent a few left over Pringle's chips (like 3 or 4) with my son to school, in his "pre-lunch snack box". Another kid ratted him down, and he had to throw them away (they called me, and I literally said "*** off" to his teacher LOL). I think that literally is what Nietzsche defined as "untermensch" - no that's not contemporary politics, it's philosophy. Never understood this.

I think you're looking more for "Crab Bucket effect" or "Tall Poppy Syndrome" :D
  • Adarixx
    Adarixx
    Soul Shriven
    Even after this mornings patch I still have access to Greymoor and is showing as purchased in the crown store, when I haven't :/
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone can run in Greymoor on PTS without a purchase, so I guess it won't be punished hard to have done so on live, more like an unintended sneak peak. More sad that people who purchased it have no access.

...I hope they will be able to fix it today, until I am home from work ;-) o:)

free greymoor on pts for all was intended
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I think happened was they transferred what was on pts and converted it for a Live version however by doing that the code that blocks those that don't own it from accessing the chapter failed to work and when it was on targeted the wrong people.
    So this is something that cannot be fixed by maintenance by the looks of it. Its clear they made an effort too but I think it would require a full patch to correct and that might take time to do but I do think it will be one of the priority ones.
    I think we might see some official word on this because clearly this isn't intended but at the same time I don't think its something they can fix until they can fix the code and release it through a patch.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on May 27, 2020 11:03AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you're looking more for "Crab Bucket effect" or "Tall Poppy Syndrome" :D

That's just how those people work. :-)
    Adarixx wrote: »
    Even after this mornings patch I still have access to Greymoor and is showing as purchased in the crown store, when I haven't :/

Oh, poor you. How terrible that you can access content you didn't pay for. I really understand that sad face of yours. Must be a pain.

All in all, I think we could be happy for once - as it seems most who did purchase this actually had it. That those who did not can access it, is probably not something you must suffer much longer. Reminds me a little of when game was all German last update. It seems they don't do much testing before something goes live. Would save a lot of trouble and customer support if they did.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It devalues people's purchases, and results in legitimate players getting less value for money than exploiters. That's the issue, it goes against any sense of fairness. It's not hard to understand.

If the bug resulted in only temporary access, that's fine. But it likely won't be temporary. During the Elsweyr bug last year, people were allowed to keep their Necromancer characters they created due to the bug. If people without Graymoor can keep features of Graymoor (Antiquities skill line they may have picked up during the bugged access), it's more than a temporary thing. Especially since many people only bought the Chapter for the Mythic items and Antiquities.

That would mean that players who haven't bought anything get 2 of the major features of Graymoor (Antiquities skill line and Mythic items) for free. Which would benefit exploiters and be a slap in the face of legitimate players - players who bought Greymoor and players who didn't buy Greymoor and reported the bug and stopped playing there.
    Oh, poor you. How terrible that you can access content you didn't pay for. I really understand that sad face of yours. Must be a pain.
    That's actually a confused face. :confused: Not a sad face. :disappointed:
    And it's quite admirable of them to let ZOS know by posting bug reports, even if this really should have been fixed by now.
    Edited by bluebird on May 27, 2020 11:08AM
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Adarixx, just to confirm you can still travel to Western Skyrim? If so, can we have your User ID to investigate further?
    Staff Post
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't buy the xpac because the game says that I already own it. I can't go into the new xpac like others tho.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people who haven't bought the chapter, who still managed to get the new skill line, get to keep it, I'll be pretty disappointed at ZOS.

I really hoped that the game had moved past the old adage of "Exploit early, exploit often." but I guess it hasn't. Shame.

• Sargesgaming
    Sargesgaming
    ✭✭✭
    So are we all getting a refund?
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    If people who haven't bought the chapter, who still managed to get the new skill line, get to keep it, I'll be pretty disappointed at ZOS.

I really hoped that the game had moved past the old adage of "Exploit early, exploit often." but I guess it hasn't. Shame.

Here is the thing, I don't know if they can mass take it out of the players hands unless they do it manually.
    What I think they will do though is make it so you can't interact with the dig sites without owning the chapter. As a gag fix if anything.
    So there is ways they can fix it. Its like the code they put into place for those that have managed to become both a vampire and werewolf and they make it so your a vampire by default and thus can't use the werewolf form.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this is similar case like was with the free necromancer class, when players could create the new necromancer character even they hadn't bought the new chapter. Well they got to keep those characters, I assume it was so only because Zenimax didn't wan't to solve all the possible purchases attached to those characters. Those who bought the chapter, and probably many just for the new class, were disrespected by this episode.
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Adarixx, just to confirm you can still travel to Western Skyrim? If so, can we have your User ID to investigate further?

Ohh nice they're asking for the username only to remove the chapter from the account but other than that they don't know how to tell who actually should have the chapter and who not. This is a mess, very unfair. I wouldn't give my username.

Also I'm never going to buy it since all three of my close friends who play got it for free, except me. Why would i pay at this point
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ohh nice they're asking for the username only to remove the chapter from the account but other than that they don't know how to tell who actually should have the chapter and who not. This is a mess, very unfair. I wouldn't give my username.

Also I'm never going to buy it since all three of my close friends who play got it for free, except me. Why would i pay at this point

I assume they are wanting to look directly into the account to see if they can find a cause. But, im sure ZOS will end up doing a complete check of all accounts to verify this afterwards.
  • rluke
    rluke
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's free for everyone. in the guildechat write all that they have not bought it but have received the mails and can go to skyrim.
    And those who wanted to buy it could not because they supposedly already own it.
    lol
    Edited by rluke on May 27, 2020 11:39AM
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    Yup, I can attest to that. Here's a protip for all you aspiring IT workers out there. In the job interview, if they ask what you think the most important part of the job is, saying "making sure the backups actually work" will score you a ton of points, if not get you hired on the spot.

Well, unless the boss is kinda shady and doesn't actually want the backups to work. Probably wouldn't want to work for them anyway if that's the case though.

Another protip for aspiring IT workers : never forget that said boss will want to spend as little cash as possible on backups or any operational cost whatsoever. One server broke ? Well, boss will ask you to spread its load on the other servers. You've done that already 10 times in the past month and the servers are this closed to catch fire ? Prepare for a long and arduous battle with your boss to convince him to spend 5 000 euros on a machine, when not spending them could mean the loss of tens of thousands euros worth in data (sales, orders, deliveries, accounting, whatever).

Basically, IT can be summed up like this :

- Everything works fine, boss be like "I wonder what I pay you for..."
    - S**t hits the fan, boss be like "I wonder what I pay you for !"
    Edited by Uryel on May 27, 2020 11:41AM
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    It devalues people's purchases, and results in legitimate players getting less value for money than exploiters. That's the issue, it goes against any sense of fairness. It's not hard to understand.

If the bug resulted in only temporary access, that's fine. But it likely won't be temporary. During the Elsweyr bug last year, people were allowed to keep their Necromancer characters they created due to the bug. If people without Graymoor can keep features of Graymoor (Antiquities skill line they may have picked up during the bugged access), it's more than a temporary thing. Especially since many people only bought the Chapter for the Mythic items and Antiquities.

That would mean that players who haven't bought anything get 2 of the major features of Graymoor (Antiquities skill line and Mythic items) for free. Which would benefit exploiters and be a slap in the face of legitimate players - players who bought Greymoor and players who didn't buy Greymoor and reported the bug and stopped playing there.
    And it's quite admirable of them to let ZOS know by posting bug reports, even if this really should have been fixed by now.

Tell me again how it hurts those who paid for it, if those who did not gets a temporary - unintended - access to content they did not pay for, even if it means they can keep bits and pieces of it once the access is being revoked? "Not fair" is not enough, that's a subjective opinion and a feeling. How does it affect you negatively?

If you paid for it and can't access it, that's another thing. But I am sure you will have a sparkling vampire bat pet or something as a compensation. Eventually.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares if people get something they didn't pay for? It's ZOS's job to guard their intellectual property, not ours.
    What I worry about is : Not a 4th maintenance within 24 hours PLEASE!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »

Tell me again how it hurts those who paid for it, if those who did not gets a temporary - unintended - access to content they did not pay for, even if it means they can keep bits and pieces of it once the access is being revoked? "Not fair" is not enough, that's a subjective opinion and a feeling. How does it affect you negatively?
    I already explained to you. Legit player doesn't exploit (instead of rushing ahead in content that they shouldn't have access to, in order to get as much stuff done as possible). If they ever want to have Antiquities or Mythic items, it will cost them the full Chapter price. Doing the right thing costs them money, while doing the wrong thing would have saved them money. That's not just a feeling.

Exploiters get to keep the Chapter features. Not due to a free giveaway, or random chance but due to their own active exploitative action (going where they weren't supposed to have access to, playing stuff they know they haven't bought). They didn't get Antiquities (and thus access to Mythic items) by an accident that happens randomly, but as a reward for actively participating in a bug.

So devaluing a purchase and insulting justice by rewarding exploiters is plenty reason enough to be harmed by this. It's harmful for the community as it encourages exploitation in the present and the future, and harmful for ZOS too as it undermines consumer trust. But fyi 'hurts you' is also just a feeling, or a figurative damage. Unless you think people are bleeding out in front of their computers lol. So yeah, bugs of this nature, if unresolved, are damaging.
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, the chapter appears as purchased, so i can't purchase it again, and i can't access skyrim,,, what to do? this is in PC US server.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »
    Who cares if people get something they didn't pay for? It's ZOS's job to guard their intellectual property, not ours.
    What I worry about is : Not a 4th maintenance within 24 hours PLEASE!

I care because I am one of the people who see Greymoor as "Purchased" on an account where it was not purchased. So, I want to know how many other people have the same problem. Of course, I reported this in-game, but there is no chance in oblivion that I am going anywhere near Western Skyrim unless ZOS tells me to.

Also... If something needs to be fixed, it needs to be fixed. There is nothing magical about the first day. If something needs to be fixed, they should do it as soon as they can.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus