The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Greymoor is still for free for people who didnt buy it...

DarkPicture
DarkPicture
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom come zenimax srsly... people who didnt buy greymoor just laughing at u in new zone

Purpose of 2nd maintenance was fix problem with free greymoor. After 3rd mainteance its still free. Good job
Edited by DarkPicture on May 26, 2020 11:26PM
  • Grubbs008
    Grubbs008
    ✭✭
    Don't forget, people that did not pre-order the expansion are also getting the pre-order stuff for free as well.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grubbs008 wrote: »
    Don't forget, people that did not pre-order the expansion are also getting the pre-order stuff for free as well.

Oh i didnt know about this one xDDDD Sounds fair, for next year i will prepare myself and i will not buy anything when i can get everything for free : D
    Edited by DarkPicture on May 26, 2020 11:28PM
  • 5cript
    5cript
    ✭✭✭✭
    This free trial might help me with my buying decision XD
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5cript wrote: »
    This free trial might help me with my buying decision XD

You mean Kyne's Aegis? Yeah it's literally a free trial currently :D
  • Vea
    Vea
    ✭✭✭
    So the peoples who have purchased it cannot play and peoples who don't are actually running in Western skyrim? Nice. 😅
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Just to confirm, we are seeing the reports about this and investigating. Thank you all!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grubbs008 wrote: »

All you got for preorder was an ugly moun that no one will likely use. Are you sure you're not meaning digital collectors edition stuff is showing up for them?
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

You know, anybody who exploits it now may receive harsh disciplinary actions. Like it was when people started to "invest" gold from excessive bids return.
    I mean if you value your account, it is better not to touch it. (I don't own Greymoor so i don't care if people receive it for free, it's just friendly remainder given the story with trading bids extra money)

[removed quoted content]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on May 27, 2020 6:32PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, we are seeing the reports about this and investigating. Thank you all!

After watching 4 weeks of no replies to many of the well prepared threads on the PTS, tons of feedback on awful sets dead on arrival and this got you guys replying within minutes.

Of course when it has anything do with people getting free content, your company is quick to chime in and shut it down.

ZOS needs to seriously work on their PR management. It's awful. You make too many empty promises.

Don't even get me started on your awful comparison between a car model not being upgraded and VMA/VDSA weapons not being upgraded. Shameful.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • 5cript
    5cript
    ✭✭✭✭
    SHUT UP MAN

Spoiling it for others

You know, anybody who exploits it now may receive harsh disciplinary actions. Like it was when people started to "invest" gold from excessive bids return.
    I mean if you value your account, it is better not to touch it. (I don't own Greymoor so i don't care if people receive it for free, it's just friendly remainder given the story with trading bids extra money)

you know this is a totally different scale right?

A very few players ruining a games economy vs a lot of players taking a peek.
    So stop making panic.
  • Kantuuka
    Kantuuka
    ✭✭✭

wow, just wow...
    More then 1 is a Zerg..
  • Akino
    Akino
    ✭✭✭
    And I, one of those who paid got locked because the game client thinks I didn't. Now I feel like I just got swindled, I really appreciate a good scam, thank you ZOS!
    Edited by Akino on May 27, 2020 12:32AM
    Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness.
    ※Masamune Date※
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHUT UP MAN

Spoiling it for others

So stop making panic.

Man, as I said I don't care about Greymoor ownership or ZOS losing money or whatever. If you want to risk, you may go grab those skilllines. Maybe it will pay-off. I won't risk my characters or account to save few bucks.
    This is just my opinion, rest is up to you.
  • 5cript
    5cript
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man, as I said I don't care about Greymoor ownership or ZOS losing money or whatever. If you want to risk, you may go grab those skilllines. Maybe it will pay-off. I won't risk my characters or account to save few bucks.
    This is just my opinion, rest is up to you.

they've got me anyway now, I want to end the questline, but dont want to rush it :s
  • SeveN085
    SeveN085
    ✭✭✭
    It's already too late anyways. Lots of people who were considering purchase are now running around the zone, will be doing quests and scrying over the night or just simply checking out new locations and that's it. They will leave disappointed and probably won't buy it now, because other than the new trial there's nothing worth doing there anyways. The most important part of this patch which is vampire rework is free. Some may try to speedrun the main story questline over the night I guess. ZOS really shoot themselves in the foot this time and it will cost them much money that they just had lost.
    Edited by SeveN085 on May 27, 2020 12:36AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHUT UP MAN

Spoiling it for others

So stop making panic.

Actually, this is an exploit, especially if it also comes with the pre-order bonuses or they are able to retain skills, etc.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • 5cript
    5cript
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Actually, this is an exploit, especially if it also comes with the pre-order bonuses or they are able to retain skills, etc.

So you ban everyone who bought the dlc and got the preorder bonus?
    nice move smarty pants.
    Lets *** over all paying customers. glhf.

And while we are at it, lets perma ban all these eso+ subscribers that sneaked the skilline.
    A character rollback would be more apropriate dont you think?

I mean its up to zenimax.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How wide-spread is this anyway? Is this only on EU or on NA as well? Or the other way around?
    I don't think anyone can answer this and those who can are not allowed to... Still an interesting question.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • 5cript
    5cript
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    How wide-spread is this anyway? Is this only on EU or on NA as well? Or the other way around?
    I don't think anyone can answer this and those who can are not allowed to... Still an interesting question.

I think on NA, you cannot play it if you have it.
    On EU, you can play either way.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHUT UP MAN

Spoiling it for others

At the expense of people who actually bought it not being able to access it? Uhh, yeah.

I am not sure if this is the same issue, although I can see how it would be. Some error turning a 0 into a 1 at the wrong place giving those who didn't buy it the chapter and those who did cannot access it...
    Still, I know by now that some people on EU have gotten Greymoor when they were not supposed to and I also know people on EU who bought Greymoor and can access it normally. So these issues are probably not related.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nice move smarty pants.

And while we are at it, lets perma ban all these eso+ subscribers that sneaked the skilline.

They wouldn't to people who already own it, but they probably would to people who abuse it with intent of doing so :)
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

I think on NA, you cannot play it if you have it.
    On EU, you can play either way.

I play NA, and bought it, it played fine (till i crashed teleporting to a house, and got put in login-queue :) )
    Edited by InaMoonlight on May 27, 2020 1:10AM
  • 5cript
    5cript
    ✭✭✭✭
    They wouldn't to people who already own it, but they probably would to people who abuse it with intent of doing so :)

he explicitly also mentioned the preorder bonus.
    And it seems that Greymoor is currently handled like an old Chapter, so you can only get there with ESO+.

This is offtopic, but aside from this, we got a nice new fresh set of bugs.
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. EU.. what on earth.. please rollback this.
    That or refound. I dont hope that this scam add for Greymoor for free was meant for real?
    Edited by Atreidus on May 27, 2020 1:03AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nice move smarty pants.

Hey, you were the one who brought up banning people.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, I'm sitting in a 1hour + login queue while paying for pre-order and subscription, because the server is full of people that do neither and are happily enjoying their free chapter.

How do you think this makes your customer's feel?
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And it seems that Greymoor is currently handled like an old Chapter, so you can only get there with ESO+.

We'll find out, but I doubt they're gonna penalize people for receiving the access and bonus stuff, they'll probs leave you with the treasuremaps and remove the other things, and only penalize those that as I said before, abused it with intent in a more serious manner.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My sources confirm that it is in fact not handled like a regular DLC. You get access even without ESO+ but I haven't been able to confirm the pre-order bonus rumour yet. So far it looks to me like Greymoor has accidentally become part of the basegame because you need to purchase Imperial City for free before you can access it, but not with Greymoor, which is just there.
  • 5cript
    5cript
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you were the one who brought up banning people.

Did I? I mean regardless, its on the table.
    I mean I am sure they find a way to accidentally delete characters standing in that zone when they shouldn't, its ZoS after all.

• InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you buy a game in rapid evolution, you don't buy a finished product. We're kinda paying for a NEVER-done product. It's not a pair of socks. And when things develop fast, or slow, or even at all, you can expect hic-ups - especially the first day or two after major changes, comes with the turf...

Cold beers, hot coffee, and almosthealthy smoke for everyone! What movie or series are we gonna watch?! :D
    Edited by InaMoonlight on May 27, 2020 1:07AM