Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Greymoor an all time low for ZOS with the amount of Negative Feedback?

Etrella
Etrella
✭✭✭
I can't believe the amount of negative feedback towards this patch everywhere in the forums, social media, and other platforms. I have only seen it this bad, back in Morrowind.

The sad part is most of this feedback is being ignored by ZOS, because they think they have something "cool" in their hands.

The changes to Vampire
The slap in the face to vet players with VMA & DSA changes
The absolute destruction of the AS Staff
The bad changes to monster helms
The still ongoing Lagfest
The still ongoing Desyncs
The still ongoing problems with Necro class
The still ongoing PVP problems

The list just goes on and on and is just sad and overwhelming. I really think its time for a change.
Edited by Etrella on May 17, 2020 5:21PM

Is Greymoor an all time low for ZOS with the amount of Negative Feedback? 251 votes

YES. This is an all time low for ZOS. Negative Feedback is worse than ever
68%
ZelosAlomarCasterialSeadlefastolfv_ESOMoloch1514PinesySuddwrathNewBlacksmurfChivanaTheBlinkmanKalikiIruil_ESOIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOmartinhpb16_ESOwild_kmacdb16_ESOCarsinomusMalthorneRecktrithiusOediphitryDrogofBattlebornnub18_ESO1 173 votes
NO. Morrowind was worse
4%
redspecter23AnhedonieJeffrey530VildebillNarvuntienSaucyMcSaucefaceFakeFoxkarthrag_inakSirAxenBluestatkirasdreamspartaxoxo 12 votes
Something else was worse
26%
Isariivailjohn_ESOdcam86b14_ESOTherylJaxious79AlendrinTwilantheNirntrotterAelorinKhenarthiKitLightningHyperNebthet78Zephiran23idkJasonSilverSpringstarlizard70ub17_ESOtechnohicHurbsterOlauron 66 votes
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something else was worse
    Wasn't the game slated for closure early on before serious changes?
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poll deserves an other option but I can't remember it being worse than this. Maybe my memory is bad but I've seen more positive feedback for Eslweyr.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of non-performance feedback, Nerfmire Murkmire was more vicious due to the shield and healing changes infuriating both PVE and PVP players.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else was worse
    Were you around when Craglorn came out?
    PC-EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of the forums, people are not so openly negative.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Poll deserves an other option but I can't remember it being worse than this. Maybe my memory is bad but I've seen more positive feedback for Eslweyr.

This. In many of the social groups I'm involved with many are unhappy with the changes to vampire and either are going to cure, or already have cured.

Then you have major changes with the arena weapons and them not being upgraded to Perfected, which is just a terrible way to get people to repeat/revisit the content again.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, it is just the vampire changes which are truly badly received. Ofcourse the server issues are major issues(unrelated to greymoor), but everything else is simply balancing and regular changes. Though balancing around pvp leaves pve in the dust yet again. But players will adjust, like always.

Complaining about perfect weapons and stuff like that is just nitpicking in my opinion.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Literally every single major patch: iS tHiS tHe WoRsT pAtCh FoR tHiS gAmE hOw CoUlD tHeY dO tHiS
  • xF1REFL1x
    xF1REFL1x
    ✭✭✭
    For a lot of players and guilds I run with and talk to... the performance issues are extremely annoying. They don't however come on or voice their opinion on here. We don't run VHOF anymore because of players getting randomly kicked over and over. For me personaly... I have more issues with the fact that this company seems to have little to no respect for our time and money. I'm tired of the unnecessary grind over little things that eat up so much of our time... not to mention the changes to VMA and VDSA... not a care in the world over the time we spent on it because they made the most needed weapon so hard to get. This grind they seem to enjoy putting into every little thing is slowly draining the fun out of what could be a fun experience... instead it's just a speed run through everything to get it over with. As far as money... in game gold charges for traveling to areas, changing your outfit with your own change station, the coolest in store items way overpriced... just show that they are far out of touch with the average gamer income or they could just care less. Either way it just wears on you. I've heard about all these other gaming companies going the extra mile lately for its player base... props to them.

I do love the game... play it almost everyday. I just wish they would ease up on many of the unnecessary parts that suck out what could be a better experience.
    Edited by xF1REFL1x on May 17, 2020 8:28PM
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greymoor hype died pretty fast. That is if it had ever created hype.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else was worse
    Nerfsweyr & Gamebreaker tbh.

But it all started with Wrathstone (nerfstone ? :joy: ). It was the 1st patch of the new combat team and it was basically a racial rebalance. And although it was not "terrible" patch, it was the 1st patch when we could observe that devs don't listen to feedback. Look at Wood elf & Argonian drama that we were left with after this update. All feedback was ignored and ZOS basically called it a day.
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unlike previous expansions Greymoor doesn't seem to be offering too much that is new. No new major skill lines or crafting or classes. So it didn't have that additional hype.

There's been a severe backlash against EVERY chapter but in this case it's more noticeable because people were not as initially excited for it.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just can't even with the Cyrodiil lag anymore.

It's nearing the end-of-campaign so it's time for the alts to get their XP and I'm literally lagging out while soloing resources, leagues away from any other fighting on the map.

Cyrodiil zone chat is a toxic waste dump due to all of the bashing but here's the thing--they're not wrong at all. PvE'ers and the devs who don't play in Cyrodiil might think that the lag/performance talk is exaggerated--but it is not. At all.

Imagine being a healer in a raid and anticipating that your group will take heavy damage and you go to use Healing Thicket to save them. Except that Healing Thicket doesn't animate until 7 seconds after you use the skill. Now your entire raid is dead and it wasn't your fault. Then repeat that sense of futility every couple of minutes for as long as you mentally stand it.

Meanwhile the Twitch mods are censoring the questions in the chat and showing off new mounts. To them "everything is fine" and it is. Just like the dog in the cartoon.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something else was worse
    We definitely had worse, like others mentioned Murkmire and Craglorn were bad.

The thing that I noticed is different is the difference in attitude between forums and in-game. For Greymoor I have run into a ton of people who are excited, people are are good with the changes. The only overall negative thing I have run into is performance and people not liking delayed abilities, ults and overall combat responsiveness as well as lag/issues in PvP. Even the few people who play hard end game content weren't too upset. They aren't fans of the vMA, vDSA and AS changes but they also don't feel very forced to do the content again since the new weapons are "meh".

That's just me though, I don't know a lot of people and also took peoples conversations in zone into account but that doesn't count for a lot of population so who knows. I personally think while this game can be grindy, other games are far worse.
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm missing an option for "the reaction to every expansion is pretty much the same".
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else was worse
    MajThorax wrote: »

I'm excited to quest and explore.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People get upset when their comfort zone gets challenged. Lots have used the vamp passives because the pros out weighed the cons with no work needed. Now those "free" passives will have to be worked for. As for the vMA weapons, ZOS could have avoided all that by just giving the "perfected" version a new name and sold them as a completely new weapon.

Mostly it is just the trophy generation crying about having to work for something.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been lots of bad changes nerfs etc that has upset many but for me personally the only thing that has been equally disappointing as Greymoor was elsweyr the butchering of my class that I have played since eso release on console still of course play today.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the new zone, but the biggest deterrent in this game for me is performance. It's at it's worse(since I've started. For actual gameplay performance, not counting infinite loadscreens and repeated crashing). Not looking forward to more nerfs, but like the continuous degradation of performance, I've come to expect it.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Outside of the forums, people are not so openly negative.

Thank you. I'm very much looking forward to this expansion; I've been playing since beta and this game has matured for the better. I may take breaks here and there but I always return and the expansions are usually what peak my interest. They can't make everyone happy but when I actually play the game I have heard nothing negative outside of needing to farm vMA weapons again; but for many who play it regularly this is not a big deal.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »

Got to say seeing internally the hype isn't much, though people are taking interest, and will take interest as they have leads forced down their throat.

It's almost like they predicted the state of performance when they started working on this chapter and made sure the new feature had little to nothing to do with combat.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    and take to account .. " force all people to hard farm of 90s sweep miner game.."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally every single major patch: iS tHiS tHe WoRsT pAtCh FoR tHiS gAmE hOw CoUlD tHeY dO tHiS

Yes, the community is famous for the doom and gloom Chicken Little routine. This time, there seems to be more going on, and the effect is amped way up.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else was worse
    “Racial balance” was the worst.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deja vu? I thought Elsewyr was he worst patch of all time? No wait I thought south else was worst patch of all time? Wait I thought harrowstorm was worst patch ever? I’m getting confused guys what’s the worst patch ever? I bet it will be the second fist dlc after greymoore that will b the worst. Oh no wait my bad it will be the final dlc of the year then. Nope nope definitely next year will be all year worst patches of all time.
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside from the bs changes to the arena weapons being a slap in the face to everyone whose paid their dues farming them, I'm OK with the update. Not as much game changing stuff but I'm looking forward to a new zone to explore and seeing what builds are made around the new vampire skills.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kq5lu.jpg

Edited by Universe on May 17, 2020 8:34PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    People get upset when their comfort zone gets challenged. Lots have used the vamp passives because the pros out weighed the cons with no work needed. Now those "free" passives will have to be worked for. As for the vMA weapons, ZOS could have avoided all that by just giving the "perfected" version a new name and sold them as a completely new weapon.

Mostly it is just the trophy generation crying about having to work for something.

Actually, it’s the trophy generation that is being catered to, and given something. Everybody else has already worked for what they got.
    There really arent that many changes to classes, skills, etc., no where near as many as recent patches. Most of the changes are with sets and arena weapons. This mostly effects people who have been playing for a while, the die-hard faithfuls. But since they are in the minority it’s ok to give them the shaft. There is no reason to complain if you are a more casual player. This is the greatest patch of all time! You can finally get one of those shiny maelstrom weapons everybody has been talking about, and don’t even have to really work for it. Cool! (sarcasm: )
    Edited by carlos424 on May 17, 2020 8:30PM
  • Alendrin
    Alendrin
    ✭✭✭
    Something else was worse
    I'm guessing you weren't around during the first year.

Speaking for myself I have been very negative on performance for a long time to the point where I let ESO+ I have had for several years expire with no current plans to renew. I actually like a lot of the game changes.
    Edited by Alendrin on May 17, 2020 8:24PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something else was worse

carlos424 wrote: »

Actually, it’s the trophy generation that is being catered to, and given something. Everybody else has already worked for what they got.

Don’t be so hard on boomers, they didn’t inherit their parents’ stiff upper lip.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.