The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do collectors edition Greymoor customers have to wait a week to play.?

Daemons_Bane
Daemons_Bane
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Title.. having ordered the physical collectors edition, I am told that I will receive my copy around June 2.. It seems a little weird to me honestly, that we pay a lot more, and then we don't get to play on launch day
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably something to do with the Covid-19 stuff, some people may not be in the office, or sick or worse. It's the first time it's occured and not all companies have the same rules or staffing for things right now.
  • Towerdragon
    Towerdragon
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered from PCE from Amazon doesn't even have a release date just tells me they will email me when they have a release date I would also like some clarification on this
    Edited by Towerdragon on May 14, 2020 8:13PM
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably something to do with the Covid-19 stuff, some people may not be in the office, or sick or worse. It's the first time it's occured and not all companies have the same rules or staffing for things right now.

I was told it was because that the company would not themselves get it from the supplier before release.. So on release day, they are sent to the shop, which then sends to us.. it seems super stupid..
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was told it was because that the company would not themselves get it from the supplier before release.. So on release day, they are sent to the shop, which then sends to us.. it seems super stupid..

Did you order direct from the ESO website or a 3rd party supplier, @Daemons_Bane?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about other countries but in the UK orders of all kinds have been taking longer than usual due to coronavirus. Everyone processing the orders has to observe social distancing and hygine procedures, which makes everything slower and more complicated. Even books I've ordered from a shop about an hours drive away have taken over a week to arrive, normally it's a day or two at most.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Twilanthe
    Twilanthe
    ✭✭✭
    I understand why the physical copies might take longer to get, and don't blame them. But I think they should provide the digital download to people who buy the physical copy, so that they can play on release day. Then we're only waiting for the physical goodies of the CE.
    Lüc - Argonian Necromancer Healer
    PC-NA
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Did you order direct from the ESO website or a 3rd party supplier, @Daemons_Bane?

Eumerch.bethesda.net, so I would assume from Bethesda
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I'm not sure about other countries but in the UK orders of all kinds have been taking longer than usual due to coronavirus. Everyone processing the orders has to observe social distancing and hygine procedures, which makes everything slower and more complicated. Even books I've ordered from a shop about an hours drive away have taken over a week to arrive, normally it's a day or two at most.

It's the same in the US.
    Things are taking up to three weeks longer than normal to arrive, in my own experience, depending on what the items are.
    Items deemed "essential" arrive a little sooner, but there is a delay even with those.
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    Twilanthe wrote: »
    I understand why the physical copies might take longer to get, and don't blame them. But I think they should provide the digital download to people who buy the physical copy, so that they can play on release day. Then we're only waiting for the physical goodies of the CE.

^ Yep, this. The obvious and fair solution. ^
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really should do what they did in the past and let those of us who preordered the physical collectors edition send in a receipt of our purchase so they can apply it to our account and then we have to register the code that comes with it within a certain time frame to continue playing Greymoor. They did that with Morrowind and Summerset.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^ Yep, this. The obvious and fair solution. ^
    They really should do what they did in the past and let those of us who preordered the physical collectors edition send in a receipt of our purchase so they can apply it to our account and then we have to register the code that comes with it within a certain time frame to continue playing Greymoor. They did that with Morrowind and Summerset.

I agree, but I suspect this would be harder now with ZOS staff working from home. We may simple have to wait. I know this has come up on social media and the forums a lot so they are definitely aware of the concern.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure they're still working from home or not but, I imagine there's something they can do to assure those who preordered the physical edition are able to play still on release day.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am playing on pc/Mac na and I purchased mine through bestbuy. According to their site I should get mine on the 26th.

This may be a stupid question, but the ps4 and Xbox starts a bit later, what platform are you playing on?
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    I am playing on pc/Mac na and I purchased mine through bestbuy. According to their site I should get mine on the 26th.

This may be a stupid question, but the ps4 and Xbox starts a bit later, what platform are you playing on?

I am on pc, so maybe it's because I don't live in the US
    Edited by Daemons_Bane on May 14, 2020 9:37PM
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got mine through the US Bethesda site and it shows pc release as the 26th. But doesn't explicitly state thats when it will SHIP. So, we shall see.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure they're still working from home or not but, I imagine there's something they can do to assure those who preordered the physical edition are able to play still on release day.

They are still posting pics from home on Twitter this week.

They once did the thing where people sent pics of their receipts, but launch is in 12 days and they haven't offered to try that again. Assuming even low thousands of people who ordered physical collectors (it could be many, many more) that's a lot of individual receipt images to process (examine, verify, generate and send access code) in less than two weeks.

Of course, we can tag @ZOS_SarahHecker about this as she may be looking for a break from ESO tweets tagging the official Twitter account of the game with toe and milk jokes.

(An alternate but probably worse solution would be to have people buy the cheapest digital version then apply for reimbursement later.)
    Edited by tinythinker on May 14, 2020 9:44PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They once did the thing where people sent pics of their receipts, but launch is in 12 days and they haven't offered to try that again. Assuming even low thousands of people who ordered physical collectors (it could be many, many more) that's a lot of individual receipt images to process (examine, verify, generate and send access code) in less than two weeks.

Of course, we can tag @ZOS_SarahHecker about this as she may be looking for a break from ESO tweets tagging the official Twitter account of the game with toe and milk jokes.

(An alternate but probably worse solution would be to have people buy the cheapest digital version then apply for reimbursement later.)

I tried tagging Gina and Jessica weeks ago and asked on Facebook and Instagram numerous times when they've posted about Greymoor asking and got no response, where people complaining about something or other got a response from the social media team. The silence about it is deafening.

But as I mentioned in a previous post, the US Bethesda site for the physical collectors edition lists the PC release on the 26th. Doesn't explicitly state that's when we can expect it to be delivered but its possible. I got my Summerset collectors edition a day or so after release but that was through Amazon. This is the first time I've ordered through a more official source so, who knows. Worse comes to worse we have to wait a week or so. Maybe the zone won't be so overly crowded then. :p
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried tagging Gina and Jessica weeks ago and asked on Facebook and Instagram numerous times when they've posted about Greymoor asking and got no response, where people complaining about something or other got a response from the social media team. The silence about it is deafening.

But as I mentioned in a previous post, the US Bethesda site for the physical collectors edition lists the PC release on the 26th. Doesn't explicitly state that's when we can expect it to be delivered but its possible. I got my Summerset collectors edition a day or so after release but that was through Amazon. This is the first time I've ordered through a more official source so, who knows. Worse comes to worse we have to wait a week or so. Maybe the zone won't be so overly crowded then. :p

Yeah. I'm guessing based on how the Morrowind pre-order system for Physical Collector's Edition got abused they are just going to let this one be up to the distributors and delivery carriers. In the future though it would be nice if the retailers for such editions or the product description would caution that access may be delayed if delivery is delayed. Doesn't solve the wait but prepares people more explicitly for the possibility.

It could right with this info like this:
    Key Details:

“The Physical Collector’s Edition will be available in stores for all platforms on May 18, however, please note that if you pick up your copy on this date for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, you won’t be able to play the new content until the console launch date of June 2.”

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Title.. having ordered the physical collectors edition, I am told that I will receive my copy around June 2.. It seems a little weird to me honestly, that we pay a lot more, and then we don't get to play on launch day

Last I checked, some retailers were under the impression that all physical CEs (including PC/Mac) released on June 2, the original console date, rather than May 18. I know that Amazon cited June 2 for PC/Mac for months, despite numerous reports and links to Bethesda’s site showing the release date for all physical CEs across all platforms was May 18 (originally). I don’t know if that was ever updated. If not, that might explain the unexpected date you’re seeing.
  • Nulami
    Nulami
    ✭✭✭

Does the physical CE require a key to be entered so your account is updated? If so, then no digital download as ZOS will not know what key you would be receiving when the PCE ships from wherever you bought it from.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have bought the physical edition too. I am hoping it arrives before greymoor launches...
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have bought the physical edition too. I am hoping it arrives before greymoor launches...

A lot of new fish for you to catch once it drops B)

• Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably because of covid 19 issues with supply chains atm. That sucks though 😕
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    At least you were able to get one at all. Every retailer sold out fast.
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems a little weird to me honestly, that we pay a lot more, and then we don't get to play on launch day

Welcome to the life of Consoles, four times every year.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least your GPU fans aren't borked and you need to buy some freaking thermal paste. I will just have to find a way to use a box fan and tape...it will all work out somehow!

Maybe I should add some cardboard just in case...
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How is that weird?

You chose to order a physical copy of the game. They can't make it materialize right in your hands out of thin air.
    Your physical package has to be shipped to you from a distribution center that also has to have the game shipped to them first.

And I'm sure you've noticed the situation going on across the entire planet right now?
    Things are not happening as they normally would. EVERYTHING is on a delay.
    Even essential items are delayed (try ordering a plain ol' fabric mask right now; you'll see it in two months, maybe), and a video game isn't essential.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    Even essential items are delayed (try ordering a plain ol' fabric mask right now; you'll see it in two months, maybe), and a video game isn't essential.

Try Etsy. I got a couple for us in a little over a week.

• mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people on Germany already got theirs (ordered directly via Bethesda shop), so maybe you're lucky and they roll out in the next couple of days for you too.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As already said by others, it is important to remember that COVID-19 will have an impact on delivery services. I cannot speak for other nations, but here in Britain, an infected household is not barred from receiving deliveries. In fact such households are usually told that they must shop online because at that point the residents are not allowed to leave their home.

Now take a moment to think. This means that all these delivery drivers have to get in close contact with the virus everyday. And yes, they do fall sick sometimes, sadly. And when they do, they have to stay home themselves. It is an extremely difficult situation and honestly, had the pandemic started earlier, I would have fully expected the physical edition to be handled differently. I do not think ZOS has done anything wrong here. They are a victim of all this too. We all are.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No