The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update 26 Combat Preview

• MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    The real tragedy is that we're all checking in on this thread every day expecting a response when we know there won't be one, and yet ZOS fails to use that to their benefit by actually providing any feedback at all. I mean, even if they just said "thank you for your input, we're monitoring this thread" - - that would be enough to at least let people know their voices have been heard. Right now they're just making us feel like a picket line, which is wrong. Very wrong.

No it wouldn’t. That’s a throw away line and it’s a waste of our time. Nothing short of announcing that they are reversing the decision is going to suffice.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    The real tragedy is that we're all checking in on this thread every day expecting a response when we know there won't be one, and yet ZOS fails to use that to their benefit by actually providing any feedback at all. I mean, even if they just said "thank you for your input, we're monitoring this thread" - - that would be enough to at least let people know their voices have been heard. Right now they're just making us feel like a picket line, which is wrong. Very wrong.

No it wouldn’t. That’s a throw away line and it’s a waste of our time. Nothing short of announcing that they are reversing the decision is going to suffice.

Right now the message is that we're not even worth that throw away line. I'm not saying it would make people happy, or even placate, but it is acknowledgement. Seems we're not valued enough for the least bit of effort. That's what I'm saying.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »

Right now the message is that we're not even worth that throw away line. I'm not saying it would make people happy, or even placate, but it is acknowledgement. Seems we're not valued enough for the least bit of effort. That's what I'm saying.

Well we shouldn’t even just settle (lack of a better word) for simply an empty “acknowledgment”, hell that might just be another insult at this point. The only post from @ZOS_BrianWheeler thats going to be acceptable is a reversal, that’s it, nothing else he writes on this thread is going to be acceptable in any form.
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey gang! Some reply from @ZOS_BrianWheeler ?
    PC-EU
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a response
    vma grinding go brrrrrr
  • Satanas
    Satanas
    ✭✭✭
    Brian Wheeler's notifications :

giphy.gif
    Edited by Satanas on May 8, 2020 1:15PM
  • Sabretusks
    Sabretusks
    ✭✭✭
    3 weeks later... nothing!
  • dwig
    dwig
    ✭✭✭
    Sabretusks wrote: »
    3 weeks later... nothing!

Sad
  • TalostheCat
    TalostheCat
    ✭✭
    I've already cancelled my ESO+ in 'anticipation' of these changes (read: 'cause I as a vet have been slapped in the face)
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They still hiding from this issue?
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My eso+ expired yesterday. Inventory management is gonna be a pain now, but I’m resolved not to give ZOS any more money until they stop treating their customers this way.

Guess it’s time to designate my Argonian as a pack mule again.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    👋
  • InfaM
    InfaM
    ✭✭✭
    About the weapons, we're seeing developers doing their works the lazy way, and the worst thing is that they're probably about to try to turn the situation and tell their customers that they are the lazy ones for not willing to re-farm what they already have farmed.

Not even talking about their how lazy they do their jobs when it comes to cyrodiil lag.
    Edited by InfaM on May 10, 2020 8:16PM
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    InfaM wrote: »
    About the weapons, we're seeing developers doing their works the lazy way, and the worst thing is that they're probably about to try to turn the situation and tell their customers that they are the lazy ones for not willing to re-farm what they already have farmed.

Not even talking about their how lazy they do their jobs when it comes to cyrodiil lag.

Actually, the way they're implementing the arena weapons change is more effort. The 'lazy' (less effort) way would be to clone the current vet items for normal drops and upgrade the veteran items to perfected at a database level. What they're currently doing is creating new items for vet drops, and migrating the current vet items to normal drops, and then replacing the current vet items with the new ones. This is one situation I wish they would be lazy with.

Edited by mairwen85 on May 11, 2020 11:09AM
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Or make it so the only way to get a perfected vMA weapon is to be on the vMA leader board...no unique MA weapon for doing it on normal...

As for nDSA...I've solo'd that so I'm sort of looking forward to that.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still no word from Mr. Brian Wheeler?

I'm glad to see that lowbies cannot get a dsa/ma weapon. Imagine DSA/MA weapons in lowbie pvp? :p
    Fixed an issue that allowed the non-perfected Master's and Maelstrom weapons to drop for low-level characters.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »

I'm glad to see that lowbies cannot get a dsa/ma weapon. Imagine DSA/MA weapons in lowbie pvp? :p
    Fixed an issue that allowed the non-perfected Master's and Maelstrom weapons to drop for low-level characters.

Is this saying if a low level character can finish Maelstrom arena they don't deserve a weapon?
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »

Is this saying if a low level character can finish Maelstrom arena they don't deserve a weapon?

Completes nMA with level 10 character (which is perfectly doable) isn't allowed weapon.

Clears nMA with 810 in under 10 minutes, gets highly prized weapon.

Has spent months/years farming vMA and now has weapons that are equal to 10 min easy mode run.
    Edited by mairwen85 on May 12, 2020 12:49AM
  • Moose_Scout
    Moose_Scout
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings Gang!

We’d like to take a moment to share a preview of combat updates coming with Update 26 (Greymoor). The full list of changes will be revealed with the patch notes next week, but for now we’d like to provide some insight on our goals. This update is primarily focused on reinforcing itemization standards, improving quality of life for werewolves, and a few adjustments regarding PvP balance. As many of you are already aware, the team recently experimented with some significant changes to Light and Heavy Attacks. We’d like to again thank everyone who participated in the off-cycle PTS test of those changes, and remind you all that those changes will not be included with Update 26. Today, we’ll be focusing on the other changes that will be appearing next week on the PTS for Update 26.

U26 not only has Vampire updates, but Werewolf updates as well! We want to keep the “in your face” action of the Werewolf and also want to add rotation options when you’ve transformed into this ferocious form. For example, Pounce now has a follow up attack afterwards that also has an execute scaled on Bleed. We’re also making adjustments to allow buffing and debuffing to give a sense of being a pack leader. Sustain for werewolves is also something we noted needs an adjustment, so Hircine’s Bounty now has some added functionality if you’re already at full health and don’t need the heal from the ability. We believe these changes will keep the Werewolf playstyle competitive and entertaining for all players!

About a year ago, we started our standardization pass and we’re finishing that off in U26 with Monster Masks/Shoulders. Remember standards aren’t written in stone, but we now have equal measures of power and performance from these 2 piece sets; some are having their 1 piece adjusted to better suit the function of the set. Valkyn Skoria, for example, now gives Spell Penetration rather than Max Health as this is a damage-based set.

Other sets are receiving functionality adjustments (damage values, trigger conditions, cooldowns, etc.) to follow their intended functionality based on their sourcing. A good example of this is Tremorscale: enemies hit by the damaging effect of this ability are no longer snared, but instead have their Physical Resistance reduced. To help with performance, some sets are having their “chance to proc” removed and instead now have a cooldown. Again, we’ll look at Tremorscale as an example: we are removing the proc chance from this set and increasing the cooldown damage. Note that because the cooldown is increasing, the damage is also increasing.

Continuing on itemization, we are also introducing Perfected Veteran Maelstrom and Perfected Dragonstar Arena weapons. This has been a long standing request by the players, and it finally brings these two arenas up to par with others that add Perfected versions. These are earned by completing Veteran mode in each of those arenas and will have additional bonuses much like other Perfected sets. Completing Maelstrom or Dragonstar Arena will now grant Blue versions of the non-perfected weapons from these arenas. In this pass, we are making a few adjustments to ALL Arena weapons to meet standards. One example of this is the BRP weapon set Spectral Cloak: this item set now increases your damage done and reduces your damage taken whenever you deal damage with Blade Cloak, rather than granting Major Protection for 3 seconds after casting. This fits the concept of Blade cloak as it deals with damage as well as protection.

Lastly, in this update we are making some small adjustments to Critical Resistance and Healing affecting PvP specifically. Over the years, we’ve seen healing become quite volatile in PvP with the ability to negate a high amount of damage in just 1 ability cast for many players at once. This isn’t just 1 ability that causes this type of health bar swinging, so we are making adjustments to Battlespirit which now reduces healing taken by 60% instead of 50%.

Gearing up for PvP isn’t a simple task because of the need for Critical Resistance. The other issue regarding itemization in PvP is that it’s very limiting due to the need for building Critical Resistance. This means other popular traits and builds aren’t as viable in PvP unless you’re a glass cannon or top-end player. To bring more viable stat and set combinations into PvP play, we are now granting a baseline Critical Resistance. In conjunction with that change, we are making several adjustments to item sets which grant Critical Resistance. We also are making changes to the Impenetrable trait by reducing the value.

We hope these updates enhance your day to day adventures in ESO, and we’ll see you in Tamriel! We look forward to your feedback regarding the changes above, as well as item sets and your general playtesting experience when Update 26 hits PTS next week!

Take away cast times!
    What about how ***-poor nightblades are in PVP?

Such selective hearing. The issues they focus on are beyond me.

Here is a meeting:

Sane team member: "Oh my goodness, in pvp there are only two viable classes right now. The oldest Guilds in the game are breaking, we are going to lose some long-time subscribers due to this whole Arena weapons face-slap "

Rest of team: "Dudes...I have a wacky idea for light and heavy attacks...."

Sane team member: "Wtf...our servers don't even work in Cyrodil, your gonna focus on....what?!"

"What a Grand and Intoxicating Innocence"
  • DarthBetty
    DarthBetty
    Soul Shriven
    Your current VMA and DSA Weapons will not be automatically upgraded to Perfected versions.

I take it then that in the interest of consistency, the achievements we have unlocked for vMA and vDSA (such as stormproof, vet completions, etc) will also be reversed into their normal equivalents, yes? Seeing as how we have nothing to show for completion of the vet arenas, you might as well adjust our achievements to say the same.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DarthBetty wrote: »
    I take it then that in the interest of consistency, the achievements we have unlocked for vMA and vDSA (such as stormproof, vet completions, etc) will also be reversed into their normal equivalents, yes? Seeing as how we have nothing to show for completion of the vet arenas, you might as well adjust our achievements to say the same.
    I get that you are joking, but please don't give them any ideas, lol. That's like saying, "I hate that you cut off my arms, but in the interest of consistency, you might as well cut off my legs too."
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    I get that you are joking, but please don't give them any ideas, lol. That's like saying, "I hate that you cut off my arms, but in the interest of consistency, you might as well cut off my legs too."

To which ZOS replies, "Egads! You're right!"
    <fires up rotary saw>
  • wlkanos
    wlkanos
    ✭✭✭
    Your current VMA and DSA Weapons will not be automatically upgraded to Perfected versions.

This is just some common sense, and I don't see why @ZOS_BrianWheeler wouldn't pull a thing like this.

Hey @ZOS_BrianWheeler another good idea, charge people for the base game again under the same idea, we paid for the base games some years ago, now with new updates it's a new game! Money machine goes vroom vroom.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This isn’t going away @ZOS_BrianWheeler . No matter how much you want it too.
  • Sabretusks
    Sabretusks
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm... 4 weeks later and nothing?
  • Satanas
    Satanas
    ✭✭✭
    Sabretusks wrote: »
    Hmmm... 4 weeks later and nothing?

if the players stopped subscribing it might have an effect but ... there are too many fanboys on eso.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello? Anybody reading this?
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello? Anybody reading this?

Just us former customers.