The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update 26 Combat Preview

• Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to admit, I'm genuinley astounded that not only did the perfected vMA weapon decision not get reverted, but also that there wasn't even a whisper of a response to 36 pages of feedback here, or the multiple other threads.

Not even an acknowledgment.

Given the quantity of feedback I really struggle to see that as being an oversight, and can only be interpreted as a deliberate decision to bury heads in the sand and hope it blows over.

That above all else with this patch is really grating on me I have to confess...
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The original VMA weapons have not been altered however correct? These new perfected weapons are just better correct? Then of course you need to refarm them of both are true. You can be happy with what you have or go for the improved versions nobody is forcing you.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The original VMA weapons have not been altered however correct? These new perfected weapons are just better correct? Then of course you need to refarm them of both are true. You can be happy with what you have or go for the improved versions nobody is forcing you.

Someone who completes vMA/vDSA today should not get a weaker weapon than someone who completes vMA/vDSA next month. The difficulty of the content is not changing and the criteria remains the same (beat on vet), so the reward should be the same for the person who beats vMA today and for the person who beats vMA next month.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In theory, that was what the class rep program was supposed to be.
    After a few initial signs of good-will, it turned out to be a glorified PR stunt.
    All of your points assume that they are interested in feedback, or at least organised feedback.
    At this point, I'm pretty confident they aren't.

Sure, generally speaking, they may be, who knows. But they clearly don't care about explaining why most of the feedback gets ignored, and so they decided to not communicate at all.
    Edited by Varana on May 18, 2020 7:51PM
  • wlkanos
    wlkanos
    ✭✭✭
    At this point I don't even want a response, keep your responses to yourself and I'll keep my money for myself and other worthwhile games that respect customers and communicates with them.

I hope an overwhelming amount of people follow what some of us did and unsub and not buy the new chapter but I know there are some fanboys out there who won't, I've been wishing for a response for the past weeks ever since this thread was posted, now I wish that ZOS feels the consciences of their silence and for the game to fail and sales crumble.

Over 1300 hours spent on this game and no idea how many months of eso+ just to be ignored.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Satanas wrote: »
    if the players stopped subscribing it might have an effect but ... there are too many fanboys on eso.
    Don’t blame the players. One need not need be a fanboy to sub, despite the game’s flaws.

ZOS knows they have people hooked with the craft bag and double bank space. This is by design. They know they can keep pulling power trip stunts like this arena weapons thing, and people will still pay because the alternative is too un-fun.

In some ways, the bugs and performance problems may even perversely make a sub more desirable to those who stick around. If an ever-increasing portion of limited game time is eaten up by bugs, the last thing people want to spend their remaining time on is inventory management.

Just vote with your own dollars, and let others vote with theirs. I, for one, don't think ZOS deserves my sub dollars right now, but I don't begrudge anyone wanting to sub just for the benefits.
  • Letho2469
    Letho2469
    ✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    [...] In some ways, the bugs and performance problems may even perversely make a sub more desirable to those who stick around. If an ever-increasing portion of limited game time is eaten up by bugs, the last thing people want to spend their remaining time on is inventory management.
    That seems like tortured logic to me.
    silvereyes wrote: »
    Just vote with your own dollars, and let others vote with theirs. [...] but I don't begrudge anyone wanting to sub just for the benefits.
    Well, the problem is the signal effect. If their practices are successful and profitable, subsequent games - not only made by ZoS - will be as bad or even worse. So I definetely begrudge people who support that kind of *** because they lack a consumer's maturity and thus become consume prey, *** it up for all other ones - a phenomenon that one sadly can observe when looking at the youth nowadays.
    Trial Progression:
    vAA: Hardmode
    vHRC: Hardmode
    vSO: Hardmode
    vMoL: Hardmode + dro-m'Athra-Destroyer
    vHoF: Hardmode + Tick Tock Tormentor
    vAS: Hardmode + Immortal Redeemer
    vCR: Hardmode + Gryphon Heart
    vSS: Hardmode
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe this has gone unaddressed all this time. If the original decision wasn't acknowledgement of what they thought of the end game community, then the lack of responses has definitely been.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh hi. I'm just peeking in to look around for people who's been saying at the beginning of the thread that, like, give Wheeler a break, it's already Friday evening, devs also should have weekends... So I just meant to say, that's one big weekend they seem to be having! :)
  • dwig
    dwig
    ✭✭✭
    There are fewer posts in this thread every time I look.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dwig wrote: »

Its happening now...

If they haven't responded to 100ish pages in total of feedback on this issue then its pretty clearly a deliberate decision to ignore it despite it being the No1 responded to issue this pts cycle & hope people move on to talking about something else.

On that basis, not much else to say really :|
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it's on a forum that sees very little traffic.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Also, because this thread and the other one are both being heavily moderated.
  • dwig
    dwig
    ✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »

Also, because this thread and the other one are both being heavily moderated.

Mostly this. Low traffic doesn't remove old posts...
  • MizAnthropy
    MizAnthropy
    ✭✭
    Its interesting how they even removed *their own post* about baiting/bashing because they refuse to acknowledge anything relevant to our comments in this thread. I find this to be very hypocritical of them.
    Edited by MizAnthropy on May 23, 2020 2:46PM
  • MizAnthropy
    MizAnthropy
    ✭✭
    *relevant TO our comments*
    pardon my typos.
  • Growlspirit
    Growlspirit
    ✭✭
    I earned my vMA weapons doing vMA. vMA hasen't changed at all yet you won't convert my weapons to perfected and you want to farm them all over again doing exactly the same vMA I farmed them in the first place? Does this sound as ridiculous to everyone else as it does to me? Where is the devs response to this ridiculous change? Love the game but man that is a deal-breaker.
  • Siantar
    Siantar
    ✭✭✭
    Its interesting how they even removed *their own post* about baiting/bashing because they refuse to acknowledge anything relevant our comments in this thread. I find this to be very hypocritical of them.

Sadly now they are removing posts without commenting 'em.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno any comments finally? It's simply not fair hearing no responce to our feedback...
    Edited by Siantar on May 22, 2020 7:48PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest I don't worry much about VMA weapons, because you can farm them yourself.
    VDSA is completely another story. It will be real fuss to get perfected master's bow, because a) everybody wants it b) almost nobody wants to run vDSA. Maybe now with this changes there will be plenty of VDSA groups for some time... but who knows.
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on May 22, 2020 9:30PM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone that didn't see it, we have an "official" forum response.
    Hey all,

We recognize that this was a sensitive topic during the PTS, as we did read all of your feedback. We should have offered you a more official answer on our stance, and we do apologize for failing to do so. That's on us.

The stance that Rich stated is accurate: we want all players to earn the new Perfected Master Maelstrom Weapons through gameplay, regardless of their previous progress.

We are closing this thread now, as it has devolved into bashing. It's okay to not like or disagree with our decision - please remember that even then, we do expect everyone to remain constructive and respectful while on our forums at all times.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we need to make "bashing" threads for days to get any reply for other issues like new sets/perfected bonuses being useless or asylum inferno new decon material?
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    For anyone that didn't see it, we have an "official" forum response.

I saw it, and it is absurd. The community asked for weeks for a reason behind the decision to be given. Then, one was finally given which basically boiled down to "The unprofessional conversation @ZOS_RichLambert had with a player in a PM on Discord is our official stance" and the thread was then locked to prevent any future discussion on the topic.

What a joke.

PS- @ZOS_GinaBruno, this is not what "improving communication" looks like.
    Edited by Suddwrath on May 26, 2020 2:47PM
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got to add... massively disappointed. With the (lack of) communication specifically, more than anything else.
  • dwig
    dwig
    ✭✭✭
    To bad I can't pay them less than 0 dollars.
  • Sabretusks
    Sabretusks
    ✭✭✭
    Wow... waiting till the morning of launch only to post your explanation in a completely different forum thread. Not cool.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What did you want? They'd just closed a thread simply for quoting Gina and Rob Garrett's promise of better communication, dated 2018. That's as good an indication as any that we're walking money bags for them, and they never intended to actually talk to us.
  • mikameow
    mikameow
    Soul Shriven
    Don't even own any of the weapons myself but this puts a horrid taste in my mouth. Listen to your players ZOS.
  • MizAnthropy
    MizAnthropy
    ✭✭
    Those of us who earned MA weapons prior to THIS patch DID earn them by clearing vMA, and the vast majority of us do NOT wanna have to farm them again. Thank you for waiting till AFTER the Greymoor patch went live, and AFTER people had already spent their money, to even acknowledge our responses. Thank you for the total lack of communication up until after you got our money. Thank you for the slap-in-the-face you gave those of us who put a very large amount of our time learning the mechanics to get the original vMA weapons, only to make us earn them again when we already put in the work. Thank you for deleting any comments you thought were bashing/baiting, when the irony of this situation is, you bashed/trolled/baited us the entire time with this issue by NOT responding. Thank you for NOT listening, as per your usual even on bigger issues. What's next, 5% increase to DPS for subs?
    Edited by MizAnthropy on May 26, 2020 10:42PM
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will not spend any $ for Zenimax now.
    It's waste of money, time and efforts.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom It's dirty policy, guys. i'm voting with my money now. No more.
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.