The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need help with potential warning to PS4 users.

• Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the same on my os 4 pro. ZOS needs to look Into this asap.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play PC but I have ESO on my PS4 Pro and went to it and when its highlighted, it lagged just to move from download to the 3 dots and took a few seconds to back out. LOL How can the link to the download even lag? I wouldnt thing that would be a ESO thing itself.

I think a tag is in order @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by technohic on March 22, 2020 4:31PM
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been like this on my ps4 as well, but this thread made me go check it out again and I immediately crashed. Whats up with the trophies being under elder scrolls online volume 1, and volume 2 was just made with harrowstorm?
    Edited by AMeanOne on March 22, 2020 4:34PM
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bro my ps4 is doing the same thing, started a few days ago. It is eso, dont listen to ppl saying its not.
  • BreakingBats
    BreakingBats
    ✭✭✭
    Bro my ps4 is doing the same thing, started a few days ago. It is eso, dont listen to ppl saying its not.

What's really scary is if it can do damage to PS4, if it can this is a much bigger issue.
    Play Solo
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having same issue. Only ESO, nioh 2 has no problem.
    PvP needs more love.
  • BreakingBats
    BreakingBats
    ✭✭✭
    MJallday wrote: »
    We can blame ZoS for a lot of things, but ssd failure is not one of them

How about reading next time and not jumping right to hd failure. No issue with anything else, ONLY hovering over ESO app, details causes this. I don't crash in this game, other games, or anywhere else,

How about not making such silly statements as “my ssd has burned because of a crash” then?

Try describing the problem (in the correct forum) and people might be able to help

Thanks for the bump. Anyway, my ps4 crashed multiple times because of this issue, that's why it finally failed. Again, no issues present anywhere else, multiple people reporting the same thing. Tell me again it's because of all of us suddenly having a failing hdd at the same time.

This is the general forum, where more people will see it, it's mentioned in the post why I posted it here, another reading failure on your part. Ignore it if you have issues with people trying to get help.

What issue??? You’ve failed to explain it aside from “I’ve reinstalled ESO and my hard drive blew up”

There’s quite a clear difference between hardware and software!

From what you’ve explained Your hardware has failed mate. Might be the ssd, might be something else like your PS4 - dunno - but It’s not ESO.

If you don’t think it is then fine, but please explain Coherrantly the issue!

It is ESO! Confirmed by video and everyone else in the thread.

https://youtu.be/BF-Zovhc6ow
    Play Solo
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for posting the vids. Burning car in the background fits perfect for the subject. :D
    technohic wrote: »
    I play PC but I have ESO on my PS4 Pro and went to it and when its highlighted, it lagged just to move from download to the 3 dots and took a few seconds to back out. LOL How can the link to the download even lag? I wouldnt thing that would be a ESO thing itself.

I think a tag is in order @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

The link lag made me LOL for real when I tried downloading, still pissed as hell though. I checked download buttons for other games just to make sure, it was only ESO doing it. I've never seen this happen in my 7 years of ps4 gaming.
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, started about 1 week ago for me everything on homescreen becomes just as laggy a cyro, tested on all other games and no issues, this could be a major issue for our consoles.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't been experiencing system lag when hovering over the app in the home screen. Menus hang a bit while the game is actually running, but this game has always done that to my PS4. I experienced one system error while trying to access the home screen after a really long play session (I'm not sure how long but I completely depleted the battery on one controller). PS4 Pro purchased last summer.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • BreakingBats
    BreakingBats
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been experiencing system lag when hovering over the app in the home screen. Menus hang a bit while the game is actually running, but this game has always done that to my PS4. I experienced one system error while trying to access the home screen after a really long play session (I'm not sure how long but I completely depleted the battery on one controller). PS4 Pro purchased last summer.

Instead of just hovering over it try pressing down and selecting the psn store or activities.
    Play Solo
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Instead of just hovering over it try pressing down and selecting the psn store or activities.

Sorry, I wasn't as clear as I should have been! I mean to say that menus don't lag after hovering over the icon. I tested it before I posted this to be sure. Here's what I did:

I went to my games folder and cycled through my apps. After hovering over one, I pressed up, left to the next folder, right to the games folder again, down to the app, and held the PS button to open the quick menu. The behavior was the same when I got to the ESO app, and I visited a couple of its neighboring apps again to be sure. I didn't try opening the PS store. I try not to go there too much because the store itself causes my system to hang.

I didn't post because I doubt anyone is having issues. I think if they are going to resolve issues, they need all the information they can get, even from people that aren't having it as bad.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick update, ive had no choice but to uninstall the game. Multiple crashes on dashboard, black screen and error messages. Dashboard lagging then becoming completely unresponsive, ps4 pro.
  • BreakingBats
    BreakingBats
    ✭✭✭

Sorry, I wasn't as clear as I should have been! I mean to say that menus don't lag after hovering over the icon. I tested it before I posted this to be sure. Here's what I did:

I went to my games folder and cycled through my apps. After hovering over one, I pressed up, left to the next folder, right to the games folder again, down to the app, and held the PS button to open the quick menu. The behavior was the same when I got to the ESO app, and I visited a couple of its neighboring apps again to be sure. I didn't try opening the PS store. I try not to go there too much because the store itself causes my system to hang.

I didn't post because I doubt anyone is having issues. I think if they are going to resolve issues, they need all the information they can get, even from people that aren't having it as bad.

It's all good, I just meant that when you hover over an app it usually has a drop down menu that lets you select things like overview/trending/activity and a quick access to the psn store.

The issue I have been noticing though is that when you access the drop down menu for ESO, it seems to cause the PS4 to begin lagging and stuttering. It becomes even worse when you try to access this drop down menu while the game is actually running. It leads to even worse effects like a blue screen error codes or inputs not being able to go through in the system U.I. or in the game itself.

I've been trying this with different apps and games and it seems to only occur when accessing ESO.

Thanks for clarifying though, am just trying to gather more info on this issue.
    Play Solo
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's all good, I just meant that when you hover over an app it usually has a drop down menu that lets you select things like overview/trending/activity and a quick access to the psn store.

The issue I have been noticing though is that when you access the drop down menu for ESO, it seems to cause the PS4 to begin lagging and stuttering. It becomes even worse when you try to access this drop down menu while the game is actually running. It leads to even worse effects like a blue screen error codes or inputs not being able to go through in the system U.I. or in the game itself.

I've been trying this with different apps and games and it seems to only occur when accessing ESO.

Oh, you know what? I actually forgot about those drop down menus entirely. I stuff my games in a folder, and it minimizes the amount of information that pops up.

Okay, I've just done more or less the same test, but I went down instead of up. It's not a very good test, because I live in a very rural place with poor internet, so my PS4 has always struggled to load these. I think ESO's may be a little worse than the others? I can't tell for sure.
  • BreakingBats
    BreakingBats
    ✭✭✭

Oh, you know what? I actually forgot about those drop down menus entirely. I stuff my games in a folder, and it minimizes the amount of information that pops up.

Okay, I've just done more or less the same test, but I went down instead of up. It's not a very good test, because I live in a very rural place with poor internet, so my PS4 has always struggled to load these. I think ESO's may be a little worse than the others? I can't tell for sure.

It's possible. I've been testing with a wired connection at 100 Mpbs download and only ESO seems to be causing the issue. I've been sending some info to Sony as well to see if they can confirm anything but will probably have to wait until Monday to see.
    Play Solo
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's possible. I've been testing with a wired connection at 100 Mpbs download and only ESO seems to be causing the issue. I've been sending some info to Sony as well to see if they can confirm anything but will probably have to wait until Monday to see.

I'd be interested to hear what they have to say.

In the meantime, I wonder if the amount of visual clutter on the drop down menus has something to do with the hanging. I think ESO is a little worse than the others, but some games, like Bloodborne, are pretty snappy. The difference is that there isn't a custom background and stuff on Bloodborne's.
  • Lissiexx
    Lissiexx
    ✭✭✭
    This has also been an issue on my PS4 Pro since the last update too and progressively getting worse starting with slow responses to now regularly crashing. Will be watching this thread for a solution.
    PS5 EU
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...ya this is very intriguing

Makes no sense to me why this would happen

But it definitely IS happening
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow this is happening to a lot of people zos really needs to get on this. Another weird solution I saw was creating a new user on the playstation, because for some reason it may happen only to a specific user and not another. I highly doubt that'll do anything since eso itself seems to be the problem here, but if anybody wants to try it probably won't hurt. Crazy that ps4 has to deal with this crap.
  • Synnastix
    Synnastix
    ✭✭✭✭
    FWIW - no issues here on a ps4 w/ stock hdd or ps4pro w/ ssd, everything loads and runs fine.

Still don’t really play though because no interesting content left after being here since beta. Not interested in new dungeons so pretty much just waiting for Skyrim update then back for a month or so.
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. My PS4 Pro just black-screened for about 20 seconds after quitting out of ESO, then came back, almost as if something had forced it to reboot itself. No error message, though.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Poncho28
    Poncho28
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be concerned if I was ZoS .. Sony could pull the plug if stuff like this doesn't get fixed
    Poncho-Dovahkiin (Defilers of Molag Bal, Lost Souls of Tamriel, Foundations Start, Rebellious Spirit)
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was just me and my horrifying amount of time spent playing lol, its like 220 days on ONE character lol
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep happening on my system to only game it lags to load up
    The 🐹 🐹 team must be getting real old can't keep up might need to upgrade them ZOS save the ones tryings life they cant run forever you know
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might get more luck from Sony then from ZoS to be honest. ZoS doesn't care your game is crashing (standard occurrence on PC), but they will care if Sony threatens to not certify future updates due to potential console software / hardware damage.

I assume Sony has a way to report this sort of thing?
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    You might get more luck from Sony then from ZoS to be honest. ZoS doesn't care your game is crashing (standard occurrence on PC), but they will care if Sony threatens to not certify future updates due to potential console software / hardware damage.

I do wonder now if this is part of why Greymoor isnt available for pre-order
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I just learned why it's definitely not a good idea to go to party chat while eso is still running. Both my friend and I made that mistake just now and we both thought our systems were gonna crash. After I got eso closed it took a minute for the lag to go away, but then it lagged like crazy on me trying to power off my console. If I see error CE-36329-3 again after being rid of it for a few days I think I'm gonna have an aneurysm.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOSJessicaFolsom somebody please acknowledge this. If even going to the game's bloody download page causes problems there is something seriously wrong here.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Read as play on PS4 - but am confused as to what actually is happening.

How does a sshd get burned? And what does that mean?
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Read as play on PS4 - but am confused as to what actually is happening.

How does a sshd get burned? And what does that mean?

Did you go to the link with the details of what's happening? It burned because I had multiple crashes-many that led to blackscreen which forced me to hard reboot it, happened once more after I made the initial thread and my system said it cannot boot, tried twice-sshd gone.
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

You can report the error with details when it pops up, I'd like to think everyone is doing that so they see something definitely is wrong. But the issue with calling Sony about anything like this is it always ends up with them escalating it to repair, they want you to spend $150 to send your ps4 in, they pretend to fix it by putting a different hdd in and say, it's all good. I thought about it but instead I spent most of my weekend researching a decent budget pc build or a laptop.