The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need help with potential warning to PS4 users.

SpiderKnight
SpiderKnight
✭✭✭✭✭
Mods, don't delete, tech forum gets less views. I'm just posting this thread to reach more people.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/517283/ps4-homescreen-lag-freezing-system-software-crash-error#latest

Just a warning, my sshd has burned because of another crash, in the process of reinstalling it all. Can any other ps4 users please check this to see if they're getting the same problems? My brother confirmed he's having this same problem, a few other people also. I'll reiterate-I doubt it's a sshd issue as this game runs fine*, no other games do this on my homescreen, no issues in any games.

Also looking for recommendations on a decent laptop or cheap pc build $700-$1k is about my budget at this point, lol.
*You know what I mean...
Edited by SpiderKnight on March 22, 2020 2:08PM
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can blame ZoS for a lot of things, but ssd failure is not one of them
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just reinstalled on new sshd, went to ESO in my library to install. Same freaking issue with lagging up the system, can't even hover over the app without it crashing! The fact this is not only me it is happening to should at least be looked into by Zos.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJallday wrote: »

How about reading next time and not jumping right to hd failure. No issue with anything else, ONLY hovering over ESO app, details causes this. I don't crash in this game, other games, or anywhere else,
  • knudsen
    knudsen
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm it also happens to me. Hovering over the ESO app and the homescreen starts to lag or even crashes.

I rebuilt my database, did not help.
    I initialised my system, did not help.
    I changed my hd, did not help.

It is ONLY happening with ESO.
    Edited by knudsen on March 21, 2020 6:24PM
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's happening to me. Haven't crashed yet but same issue with lagging when ESO app is selected.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also get a lot of lag hovering over the icon on the home screen, but only when the game is open. To be fair my PS4 home screen is usually slow when I am in a game, but since Update 25 it has gotten much worse.
    PS5 EU.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also get a lot of lag hovering over the icon on the home screen, but only when the game is open. To be fair my PS4 home screen is usually slow when I am in a game, but since Update 25 it has gotten much worse.

I get that too when ESO is open, also general lag when something is running and go to homescreen. But I can't even start the game sometimes because of this.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about reading next time and not jumping right to hd failure. No issue with anything else, ONLY hovering over ESO app, details causes this. I don't crash in this game, other games, or anywhere else,

How about not making such silly statements as “my ssd has burned because of a crash” then?

Try describing the problem (in the correct forum) and people might be able to help
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about not making such silly statements as “my ssd has burned because of a crash” then?

Try describing the problem (in the correct forum) and people might be able to help

Thanks for the bump. Anyway, my ps4 crashed multiple times because of this issue, that's why it finally failed. Again, no issues present anywhere else, multiple people reporting the same thing. Tell me again it's because of all of us suddenly having a failing hdd at the same time.

This is the general forum, where more people will see it, it's mentioned in the post why I posted it here, another reading failure on your part. Ignore it if you have issues with people trying to get help.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I had this exact problem it's now fixed (went into safe mode and updated system software from there after trying every other solution) what happens is the home UI starts to lag and freeze if you even just hover over the game icon you click to start it. This eventually causes the screen to go black then error CE-36329-3 pops up and says a problem occurred with the system software. Googling it tells me it can be caused by a variety things like the system or game being out of date, system hardware failures, corrupted data, or it can even be tied to your account. I honestly thought my console was just on it's last legs because I'd had it for years and play it SO much (also had a few issues playing other games recently so I was at least half right lol), so I actually bought a new console before everything here closed due to the virus. Even on a new console I STILL had the error happen, which means this is some bizarre issue with eso. No idea why the update from safe mode worked, but it's worth a try if no other solution helps.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the bump. Anyway, my ps4 crashed multiple times because of this issue, that's why it finally failed. Again, no issues present anywhere else, multiple people reporting the same thing. Tell me again it's because of all of us suddenly having a failing hdd at the same time.

This is the general forum, where more people will see it, it's mentioned in the post why I posted it here, another reading failure on your part. Ignore it if you have issues with people trying to get help.

What issue??? You’ve failed to explain it aside from “I’ve reinstalled ESO and my hard drive blew up”

There’s quite a clear difference between hardware and software!

From what you’ve explained Your hardware has failed mate. Might be the ssd, might be something else like your PS4 - dunno - but It’s not ESO.

If you don’t think it is then fine, but please explain Coherrantly the issue!

• ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What issue??? You’ve failed to explain it aside from “I’ve reinstalled ESO and my hard drive blew up”

From what you’ve explained Your hardware has failed mate. Might be the ssd, might be something else like your PS4 - dunno - but It’s not ESO.

If you'd read what I posted you'd know exactly what the issue is because I explained it thoroughly for op. It's definitely not a hardware issue if it still occurred after I got a whole new console, and other's are experiencing the same thing just with eso.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ffs, you're not even bothering to read the op? The link to the issue is there.

• Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issue, OP.

Whenever I hover over the ESO icon on my PS4 Pro, the entire system begins to lag and stutter. Launching the app is a challenge, as it lags and stutters.

When I finally get into the game, the actual gameplay seems to be unaffected, and it runs fine. That said, accepting a PSN party chat invite from within ESO is a risky proposition, as doing so locked up my system and generated one of those CS errors mentioned above.

Quitting out of ESO seems to be a bit slow, too, but not nearly as much as launching the app or just hovering over its icon.

I have a PS4 Pro with the original HD in it. Rebuilding the database, checking for system updates and clearing out ESO's local save file (and cache) didn't solve the problem.

Here's the odd thing: This problem didn't crop up right away after the Update 25 (and 2.01) was installed. It started doing this a couple days after the update.

No other apps affected, no other apps causing this effect on my PS4 Pro, which is in a well-ventilated area.

"Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same prob here too,i just wait some seconds and then i can browse menus again
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno I know you get tagged a lot, but can we please get somebody to look into this?
  • knudsen
    knudsen
    ✭✭✭
    This is happening to more people than I thought.

This HAS to be looked at. It is causing the console to crash, sure can‘t be good for the console long term!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you all tried the fix that resolved this for @ApostateHobo ?
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My PS4 seems to have developed lag on its home screen and system crashes, can't say for sure but wouldn't be surprised if its due to the eso crashes. No console has been designed to crash out of apps this much.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • knudsen
    knudsen
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Yes I did but nothing changed, still got the homescreen problems.
    Edited by knudsen on March 22, 2020 11:48AM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I had this exact problem it's now fixed (went into safe mode and updated system software from there after trying every other solution) what happens is the home UI starts to lag and freeze if you even just hover over the game icon you click to start it. This eventually causes the screen to go black then error CE-36329-3 pops up and says a problem occurred with the system software. Googling it tells me it can be caused by a variety things like the system or game being out of date, system hardware failures, corrupted data, or it can even be tied to your account. I honestly thought my console was just on it's last legs because I'd had it for years and play it SO much (also had a few issues playing other games recently so I was at least half right lol), so I actually bought a new console before everything here closed due to the virus. Even on a new console I STILL had the error happen, which means this is some bizarre issue with eso. No idea why the update from safe mode worked, but it's worth a try if no other solution helps.

Informative. So far, I've been avoiding the system crashing lag by immediately going to the game and not letting it load up (or attempt to) friends and who did what achievements etc.

This feature functions perfectly well for all other games. Glad to know it's not just me, thanks for the info and the OP.

How far is their reach though? Can they cause my coffee maker to fail, or infect my phone with Esona virus? I'm putting a surgical drape on my PS4, that will help stop the spread to my other electronics.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, tried it again after reinstalling on new drive, it even started to freeze and crash when selecting the game in my library to install it.
  • Mirrrr
    Mirrrr
    ✭✭✭
    I also have this problem. Thanks for making this topic, I assumed it was a problem on my side
  • Paramundo
    Paramundo
    Confirm. Happened on my PS4 too. It was almost Impossible to navigate through the menu because of the massive lagging.
  • BreakingBats
    BreakingBats
    ✭✭✭
    Mine too. I have mostly noticed issues with the PS4 menu UI becoming incredibly laggy and it freezes at times into a black screen, then into a blue error screen whenever I am running ESO. It can be replicated by clicking home button to accept a party inv or to bring up side menu to change a song in Spotify while eso is running.

Before update 25 I've rarely seen my PS4 act this way.

I'll try to get some footage soon.
    Play Solo
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    My home screen on ps4 has been laggy and crashy since the eso update. My guildies have reported the same. As individuals, we all thought our ps4 internal hd's were going out, or we had a bad ps4 patch . After talking with each other, we are suspecting it has to do with the latest eso patch, since that was the only change each person made to their system. Just facts for the cause. We are all curious if it's eso, because if it is... it really needs to be unistalled.
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I did. Updating in safe mode gave me a 480mb patch to install. After it finished I went onto the ESO icon and it seemed stable, but when I scrolled down into the trophies and other players section the console slowed to a crawl.
    PS5 EU.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to say I'm relieved to see many people having this issue, I hope they've seen this, would be nice to get some acknowledgement, but I figure it's the weekend and there's a pandemic.
    I started looking at my bank account to see if I had to finally squeeze out a ps4 pro, or pull a decent PC build or laptop out, for now I'll hold off since I know it's not just me with this issue.
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: My home screen lag only seems to occur once I have highlighted eso. It seems to struggle to load up the 'friends currently playing this' bit below the icon, and remains laggy and unresponsive even after moving off the eso icon, having not even loaded the game. Just highlighting the icon seems to be enough to bring out the problems. But if I avoid that icon, the menu is smooth as ever.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • BreakingBats
    BreakingBats
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/BF-Zovhc6ow

Yep definitely an issue w/ ESO
    Edited by BreakingBats on March 22, 2020 7:57PM
    Play Solo