Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nightblades have it bad and Cloak is now nearly unusable (Previous Thread Expanded)

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    That's why so many of us end up just running so often after we hit people.

When you do that, we're both stuck in combat. The worst part is the idiots who do this, cloak off, I get bored of looking, try and jog off, maybe hopefully get out of combat again, and they engage again. Rinse and repeat. A lot don't even seem to be using it as a tool to survive and win fights any more, just to be pests. It's just sheer stupidity.

Sorry, but my sympathy has evaporated. Also sick of stam sorcs who streak through you then just vanish off into the distance. If you're going to engage, fight. If you don't actually want to fight, do us both a favour and don't hit people.

If you really want to be a pest go to the crafting stations at Summerset and blast music.

and nobody cares about your feelings. its like you guys never played a game. different classes do different things. "my sympathy "boo hoo.

Grow up kid, when you're stuck in combat it ruins your gameplay.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking as a magblade, they need to reduce the cost of Magicka abilities. Most magicka abilities are ~15 to ~20% more expensive than stamina, yet in many cases are less effective and/or do less damage. My initial thought was that their reason for doing so is likely because it's easier for a magblade to stack magicka than it is for a stamblade to stack stamina, but that is a terrible reason because stamblades stack weapon damage at the exact same rate (+15%) and they don't even have to slot any abilities to do so (whereas magblades need 2 if they want to get full benefit.) It's also a terrible idea because if you are heavily specced into magicka, you will get almost no benefit from Major Sorcery compared to how much Major Brutality benefits stamblades.

So that makes stamina skills both cheaper and much more powerful — it's absurd.

An across the board ~18% or so reduction in the cost of Magicka abilities (except for Concealed Weapon, which is identical for some reason) would close the gap a bit between stamina/magicka nightblades.

They need to boost the magicka damage as well. I just put together a very average off-meta stamblade build on the PTS using one sustain set, NMA, & Balorgh and the Surprise Attack tooltip is almost 30% higher than concealed weapon on a top tier magblade build. Considering ZOS found an 8% Minor Berserk to be too "OP" for NBs to have period, how do they justify a ~30% disparity in the damage magblades can do vs stamblades?

Unless I'm completely missing something, such a large difference is completely unnecessary and is a big part of why magblades are complete garbage right now.
    Edited by Langeston on March 9, 2020 4:17AM
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    Speaking as a magblade, they need to reduce the cost of Magicka abilities.

Unless I'm completely missing something, such a large difference is completely unnecessary and is a big part of why magblades are complete garbage right now.
    I use to run a Magblade and your right, the Magicka morphs cost are quite ridiculous for skills that aren't even that good based on the numbers alone. i always said this but it feels like ZoS wants all NBs to play as a Stamina Build instead.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking as a magblade, they need to reduce the cost of Magicka abilities. Most magicka abilities are ~15 to ~20% more expensive than stamina, yet in many cases are less effective and/or do less damage. My initial thought was that their reason for doing so is likely because it's easier for a magblade to stack magicka than it is for a stamblade to stack stamina, but that is a terrible reason because stamblades stack weapon damage at the exact same rate (+15%) and they don't even have to slot any abilities to do so (whereas magblades need 2 if they want to get full benefit.) It's also a terrible idea because if you are heavily specced into magicka, you will get almost no benefit from Major Sorcery compared to how much Major Brutality benefits stamblades.

An across the board ~18% or so reduction in the cost of Magicka abilities (except for Concealed Weapon, which is identical for some reason) would close the gap a bit between stamina/magicka nightblades.

They need to boost the magicka damage as well. I just put together a very average off-meta stamblade build on the PTS using one sustain set, NMA, & Balorgh and the Surprise Attack tooltip is almost 30% higher than concealed weapon on a top tier magblade build. Considering ZOS found an 8% Minor Berserk to be too "OP" for NBs to have period, how do they justify a ~30% disparity in the damage magblades can do vs stamblades?

Don’t forget while magblade is definitely in a worse spot then stamblade stamblade still completely sucks ass compared to other classes.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Don’t forget while magblade is definitely in a worse spot then stamblade stamblade still completely sucks ass compared to other classes.

Of course, although magblade should still take priority over stamblade. Mag has been screwed for way longer too and our magicka brothers need some love. In a perfect world both would get better at the same time actually. But I doubt ZOS is capable of that :(
    Edited by Nyladreas on March 9, 2020 6:13PM
  • IVoo
    IVoo
    ✭✭✭
    Good information in this thread. Terrible news to hear about Shadowy Disguise - hasn't hit consoles yet.

Something to look forward to, ha.
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno are you going to fix this skill?

If not *** (F'n) say so, thx.
    Gert Soem!!
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skullderic wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno are you going to fix this skill?

If not *** (F'n) say so, thx.

Incap? :joy::joy::joy: