The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

GREYMOOR DESYNCS!

• danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no patch Monday I guess.

Are we going to get fixes or are we just done here?
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No way. I can't believe they would think it's acceptable to leave things as they are for ANOTHER week.

@ZOS_GinaBruno please let us know if there is a plan for maintenance tomorrow. Surely headway has been made in discovering how to alleviate all of the issues update 25 has produced and a plan to implement a fix is underway, right???
    Edited by Emphatic_Static on March 20, 2020 5:58PM
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No way. I can't believe they would think it's acceptable to leave things as they are for ANOTHER week.

@ZOS_GinaBruno please let us know if there is a plan for maintenance tomorrow. Surely headway has been made in discovering how to alleviate all fo the issues update 25 has produced and a plan to implement a fix is underway, right???

^^this^^^ please @ZOS_GinaBruno give us some hope, or at least a more comprehensive update.
    What's causing it? Are there plans to revert changes as they have made a lot of content unplayable?
    Will there be another incremental soon? Will Rich or someone else be releasing a statement?
    Will greymoor be released regardless of whether it is fixed?

Thanks
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its 130 EDT on a Friday. I'm hoping the silence means they're working on a real, thought out answer that includes an explanation of issues and a plan; but I expect either nothing or at most a generic canned answer of "we are continuing to investigate " maybe with the " pass QA" joke. Haha that ones a killer.
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭
    investigate-d4761c8d4a.jpg
  • Markpyhton
    Markpyhton
    ✭✭✭
    a little video about the lags..... gj Zeni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UfPlMKD1PA&t=9s

btw only 1 Addon activ Bandits UI and with minimal settings.

ottheqr4.jpg
    Internet Speed
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Markpyhton wrote: »
    a little video about the lags..... gj Zeni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UfPlMKD1PA&t=9s

btw only 1 Addon activ Bandits UI and with minimal settings.

ottheqr4.jpg
    Internet Speed

I love it 😍 tell me how I too can enjoy such responsive combat!?
    😂😂😂

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres a banner for maintenance Monday but no details.
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I think it's safe to say that it will be no better than the previous 3 patches.

Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think we all know what to expect at this point.

• relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I think it's safe to say that it will be no better than the previous 3 patches.

Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think we all know what to expect at this point.

I will keep my expectation meter at 1.

Unless @ZOS_GinaBruno tells us, they have just realised the server was unplugged. Doris must have knocked it out whilst hoovering!
    We'll plug it back in Monday.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still wondering how this patch went live. And wondering how it has remained live. And wondering how employment is still kept.
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AOE's aren't even hitting right now. It's as bad as I've ever seen it now....after 1/2 of the "performance fixes" they have scheduled.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still wondering how this patch went live. And wondering how it has remained live. And wondering how employment is still kept.

They’re making money still (ZOS). Plus the issues with this patch only truly affect high end, endgame players like PvPers, trial groups, vet dungeon groups.

Noobs, casuals, and role players won’t recognize the difference between update 24 and 25...(neither apparently did QA, the combat team, testers and etc...).
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭

I guess rolling back means we would need to redownload the old 90gb game so that would suck but not as bad as having 65gb of wasted space for an unplayable game. Maybe in a few weeks we will and they will give a green torch bug pet.
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. It's absolutely dreadful right now. I have everything to minimal settings with just bare bones add-ons and the lag, dsyncs, and skill non/mis-fires are just awful (both in PvE and PvP. For once I agree the game is just horrible broken and something needs to be done.

I don't anticipate much will happen given the current situation with coronovirus (please say safe everyone at ZOS!), but I think I'm going to drop my sub until things improve.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • ShizaZepelli
    333-550 ping here in ASH, ask Yellow Fever from Brazil and the guys say the same, no conditions to play... we need help ZOS
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the patch on Monday is for the Jester's Festival. I would be very surprised if there was anything to address the horrendous state of the game, and even more surprised if performance actually improves.

Here's a summary of the "performance improvements":
    The lag was bad before Update 25. That patch gave us continuous crashes.
    The patch to fix the crashes made the lag far worse than before Update 25.
    The patch to fix the lag did next to nothing to improve the situation.

There really isn't much to hope for at this point. If ZOS could or would fix it, it would have been done by now, 3 weeks after the fact.

The good news is that at least there are some other viable options on the horizon. Sure, they may not be great options, but if they simply work, they're miles ahead of where ESO is.

• Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This morning I thought, "Ok, I can't actually play the game right now, maybe I'll just go and gather resource nodes until it's playable again."

Boy, was I naive to think even the most simple of actions would be possible.

Half, HALF of the resource nodes were not collectible due to server player positional dysyncs.

HALF.

This is crazy. No other game would allow this. It only occurs here. Literally. We are alone in this experience, it's exclusive to ESO.

Don't worry tho, plenty of resources get devoted to pushing out the next round of crown crates!

DON'T LOOK OVER THERE! LOOK OVER HERE! SQUIRREL!
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is absolutely *** stupid. I just logged where we were in a fight, I know; a huge fight of 4v4 so lag to be expected. But I got to where I could not do anything. Not just abilities, but bar swap, light attack, bash. By I mean I can't; it wasnt a hitch, it just would not respond. I could take a potion and break free. We just left and went back to the keep, but then I found I could not interact with doors either. So I go back toward the enemy, and I find out I cant even jump for the universal blood port request! Luckily, they were kind enough to all jump right on me so I could port back to the gates and leave.

• Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. It's terrible right now. And I don't suspect Monday will do anything for performance. I mean who knows, not like a statement has been put forth.

ZOS is working from home, so lets not get our hopes up. They can't fix it when they are in the office anyways. I would imagine mondays patch is just to let the jester festival go live. Priorities, ya know?
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif
  • GalexPK
    GalexPK
    ✭✭✭
    Fighting a WB solo, at 30%% pressed 3 times vigor, WB ended killing me, vigor wasnt popping...

PS: I had enought stamina to pop it, i wasnt lagging.
    PC NA:
    Karim Vidal - Altmer Magicka Templar

La'Mahnaz - Bosmer WW Stamina Nightblade

Alba Id - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer

La'Ainaz - Bosmer Vamp Necro

Va'Shir - Khajiit Nightblade

Steam ID: Galexpk
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why dont close the server and fix it :/
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    a lot of small annoying things not working properly and get me infuriated, like my block not working, get cc'd and die like and id*ot, and mass loading screen with my alliance but enemy
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patches never fixes games you know
    there is performance issue since 7 years, why suddenly you think it will work this very time?
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we recognize that this is not yet fully resolved

Not fully resolved? You actually made it worse. The people I've been grouping with have had an entire range of problems exacerbated since the last update like dying outside of aoe's, abilities not firing, bars not swapping, tanks not being able to block properly, abilities getting locked out, the list goes on. All this is while in a dungeon, not even Cyrodill. If this is "not fully resolved" I'd hate to see what you people actually consider straight-up broken.
    Edited by darthgummibear_ESO on March 22, 2020 10:38AM
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Why dont close the server and fix it :/

Because it will take months to fix and if they shut down the game will earn no money in that period, and the people in suits refuses to take that blow to their earnings. Simple as that.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS aint fixing anything. Ever. Either they can't or don't care or its not financially beneficial.

Cyrodiil is (performance wise) the worst "area" or "pvp mode" or whatever you wanna call it I have ever seen in a MMO game. I ve never seen anything that broken before in my life to the point of being almost unplayable.

But what annoys me the most, is that ZOS is totally silent on the matter. No plans for fixing it, nothing.

They act as if the problem does not exist.
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS aint fixing anything. Ever. Either they can't or don't care or its not financially beneficial.

Cyrodiil is (performance wise) the worst "area" or "pvp mode" or whatever you wanna call it I have ever seen in a MMO game. I ve never seen anything that broken before in my life to the point of being almost unplayable.

But what annoys me the most, is that ZOS is totally silent on the matter. No plans for fixing it, nothing.

I have to disagree about Cyro being the worst I've ever seen on an MMO. On SWTOR, when Ilum opened for open-world PVP it was a literal slideshow. You'd go to Ilum, speeder to your faction base, run to whatever base had action, and spam aoe's with 5 FPS in hopes of damaging an enemy player to get pvp rewards. The entire mess was so broken that half the Ilum map was completely remade, and a completely new system was put into place to earn pvp rewards.
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malkiv wrote: »

I have to disagree about Cyro being the worst I've ever seen on an MMO. On SWTOR, when Ilum opened for open-world PVP it was a literal slideshow. You'd go to Ilum, speeder to your faction base, run to whatever base had action, and spam aoe's with 5 FPS in hopes of damaging an enemy player to get pvp rewards. The entire mess was so broken that half the Ilum map was completely remade, and a completely new system was put into place to earn pvp rewards.

They shutdown Illum within a couple months of release. This game had somewhat working PVP and they made it worse.

Ironically; both games were started on the Hero engine though. And both decided to bastardize it with their own code somewhere during development
    Edited by technohic on March 22, 2020 4:20PM