The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

GREYMOOR DESYNCS!

• mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    just so disappointed to not have had any udpate.

really disheartening that we don't hear more regular updates from devs. instead, insiders need to feed us information they get. I appreciate they are doing so, but would be nice to hear some kind of update to this from ZOS.

And if they know no more than they did two weeks ago and the update is "we're still looking into this but no eta on a fix"? How do you think the forum here would respond? I doubt it would be positive or even neutral so I understand them saying nothing if that's the case.

I would rather get an update every few days saying they are still tracking down leads etc. Sure, I expect they are working on it in the background regardless, but I personally think regular updates - even when they are effectively, "It is still as it was, we are still working" is better than silence in a thread like this.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they have their monthly performance update and the copy and paste response from the PTS thread

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56681
    Please note that while we are making progress on identifying the cause(s) of the ability desyncs/lag and have ruled out a few things, the investigation is ongoing and remains one of our top priorities.

I mean, you have few options at this point. Stay and deal with it, or move on. I'm not hopeful that it gets fixed before the next major update, nor that it will be fixed then.
    Edited by technohic on March 27, 2020 7:17PM
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game feels like a Beta test now TBH. lack of responses could just mean they haven't had anything to tell the Forum mods.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Game feels like a Beta test now TBH. lack of responses could just mean they haven't had anything to tell the Forum mods.

Absolute radio silence since the fix for the fix. And then they drop the LA change bombshell to distract everyone.
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to let this vanish onto the second page to die.

I'm still having desync issues so badly. I have had maybe 1 out of every 5 dungeons go without someone DCing. I went into Cyro early this morning so I could try to get some AP, but it was a bad experience even at 10 AM EDT. Ability misfires is really bad, too. Having to swap bars twice because you find out that you can't fire a skill is garbage, and almost always results in either: A, fight reset if 1v1/1v2 - or - B, you eat dirt.
    Edited by Malkiv on March 28, 2020 1:01AM
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malkiv wrote: »

I'm still having desync issues so badly. I have had maybe 1 out of every 5 dungeons go without someone DCing. I went into Cyro early this morning so I could try to get some AP, but it was a bad experience even at 10 AM EDT. Ability misfires is really bad, too. Having to swap bars twice because you find out that you can't fire a skill is garbage, and almost always results in either: A, fight reset if 1v1/1v2 - or - B, you eat dirt.

The amount of times ive desync died today was ridiculous. I do not understand how the LA change even got into the pool of ideas at this point, the only thing they should be focusing on atm is performance. NOTHING else.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    Malkiv wrote: »

The amount of times ive desync died today was ridiculous. I do not understand how the LA change even got into the pool of ideas at this point, the only thing they should be focusing on atm is performance. NOTHING else.

I have posted earlier in regards to their focus right now. The devs who are working - and have been working for quite some time - on the LA PTS proposed changes have nothing to do with the performance problems. It's 100% a coding issue and is being working on by the engineering devs, and a fix may be more difficult to figure out considering they are working from home, like most of the world.

This in no way makes it any better that this patch, performance-wise, flopped harder than any patch in the history of this game. It also is a real bad look to have your first stab at performance improvements, which have been a HUGE problem for YEARS, fail so miserably.

In other words... Don't get your hopes up anytime soon.
    Edited by Emphatic_Static on March 28, 2020 1:37PM
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭

In their defense, I'm pretty sure the desync/performance issues are mostly handled by programmers and system engineers, while the LA/HA ideas are handled by the content developers - different teams.
    Edited by RMerlin on March 28, 2020 7:23PM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »

In their defense, I'm pretty sure the desync/performance issues are mostly handled by programmers and system engineers, while the LA/HA ideas are handled by the content developers - different teams.

It could also be that the combat changes are exacerbating the performance bugs. It would be best at this point if ZOS worked on the performance problem and quit adding more variables into the equation.
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    cant even log in on pc eu xbox the same, both NA servers run good though
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »

It could also be that the combat changes are exacerbating the performance bugs. It would be best at this point if ZOS worked on the performance problem and quit adding more variables into the equation.

That's a good point. They keep adding/changing stuff at the same time they try to address performance issues. New item sets mean more variables for the server to process, new game mechanics also. All of these will also make the characters database data grow in size, making character loading increasingly slow and performance-intensive. That's one thing that I am looking forward on their current roadmap, the implementation of caching between the server and the client (seems to be SSD-based cache based on how they describe it). As long it doesn't introduce database corruption/desyncs due to a poor implementation.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure how popular these first quater DLCs are. Perhaps they should have skipped the latest DLC to focus on stabilizing things instead, by working on a fixed base, not one where they add more stuff at the same time they try to improve general performance. Too many variables at the same time as you say.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So along the north of Cyrodiil from about bleakers over to EPs trikeeps; you hit rapid fired load screens. If you are gap closing or something when you hit one, you better end task on ESO because you will be desync. I was able to follow my group and see everything they did, but I couldn't interact with doors and eventually they all became chevrons just like if you were in a different campaign. To them, I was still in the spot where I used a gap closer. Makes me wonder if theres an issue with instances/zoning even though Cyrodiil shouldn't have instances
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    So along the north of Cyrodiil from about bleakers over to EPs trikeeps; you hit rapid fired load screens. If you are gap closing or something when you hit one, you better end task on ESO because you will be desync. I was able to follow my group and see everything they did, but I couldn't interact with doors and eventually they all became chevrons just like if you were in a different campaign. To them, I was still in the spot where I used a gap closer. Makes me wonder if theres an issue with instances/zoning even though Cyrodiil shouldn't have instances

Maybe you should buy a new PC... :D
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you should buy a new PC... :D

Lol its what I get for skimping and not going with a TI or i9.

Actually was going to try to PVP in the morning with lower pops but tweaked a build and went to test it on some overlands NPCs and had what looked like position desync for no damage and activation issues. I then started wasting times tweaking some other builds for a while before I realized how much time I am wasting on a game that may not work again and at least until everything I'm doing will be made irrelevant by gutting combat changes, buffs, and nerfs.
    Edited by technohic on March 29, 2020 6:34PM
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Five (5) weeks.

No fixes.

No communication from ZOS on the issue in eleven (11) days.

"Performance improvements" is a meme at this point.

What is going on?

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Five (5) weeks.

No fixes.

What is going on?

I saw the update this morning in the patch notes.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Five (5) weeks.

No fixes.

What is going on?

Thats not really an update. Its just copy and paste of where its been 2 weeks. AKA nothing new to report but if they truly are working on it as a top priority; surely there is something from 2 weeks. Things they have eliminated, or some things they are trying to test; especially if people can help them gather data.
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If my boss comes to me for an update on something on which I've been working for 5 weeks, I damn well better have some progress to show.

"I'm still working on it" only goes so far, and it certainly isn't an update.

So, @ZOS_GinaBruno, let's have an update. You know, with some actual information.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Five (5) weeks.

No fixes.

What is going on?

Thats not really an update. Its just copy and paste of where its been 2 weeks. AKA nothing new to report but if they truly are working on it as a top priority; surely there is something from 2 weeks. Things they have eliminated, or some things they are trying to test; especially if people can help them gather data.

It is an update, actually. Almost everyone here in the forum is not qualified to help them, so there is little reason for them to go into details. Once they do have something more to say, I am sure they will say it, and if they need people to test it, I am sure that will happen, as well.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's really sad is I'm even getting skills misfires throwing blossoms at the Grumpy NPC's for the Jester's Festival.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's really sad is I'm even getting skills misfires throwing blossoms at the Grumpy NPC's for the Jester's Festival.

Yes. It affects ever single aspect of the game in a very negative manner.
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a quick clip depicting the misfires in pve, in my house, with only me there. Imagine what happens in cyrodiil...

Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Kantuuka
    Kantuuka
    ✭✭✭
    Expecting a game to work after 6 years.. are you guys mad?
    More then 1 is a Zerg..
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom If it matters or not; I pretty much can reproduce position desync. See below. Roll dodge, move a little, fire bow, see the tracer come from where I roll dodged at, not where I currently am.

https://youtu.be/S0GCGmgt_FI

Edited by technohic on March 30, 2020 11:55PM
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is one huge bug fest. What a mess.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Periodic bump to remind everyone that combat is still completely unacceptably busted a month and a half after releasing a patch that should have immediately been rolled back.
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) My brother yesterday had 9 loading screens.. in 10 min in cyrodiil at home keep when we tried to run to resource! well done!
    2) *my hero dont light attack sometimes or heavy attack - when i hold mouse button for heavy attack my hero stats shaking and do nothing ... and this sounds - repeating 50% of his attack sound... WEIRD

3)Weapon cannot be swapped... - crap!

4)I stucked at breakfree - i cant use skills - i run around ... and i can break free every second - not being stunned - untill stamina ends.

5)When i fire bow heavy attack - an arrow fired.. nothing happens and my hero stuck in bow heavy attack animation.

6)I got stunned (26k stamina left) i cannot break free untill i got killed (SO MUCH FUN!)

7)I got stunned - used breakfree > FEARED > breakfree > stunned (within 4-5 sec!)!? cant break free ofc.

8)I got stunned and i didnt breakfree... i used roll-dodge > i glided on the ground still moving (stunned) and get up without problem (that was fun :D )

9)I got strange freeze(1-2 sec) in fight (60 fps) then got stunned (again freeze untill i got killed)

10)I was fighting with friend for fun - killed him (didnt wanted to end that way) with one LA - coz his hp was cutted in 1 sec for 20k of delayed DMG!

11)I was running from couple of players... i used shield + rapid regen.. then turned around... one light attack killed me ... again a desync? (with shield on!)

12)I was tanking > so holding block > then got killed coz - idk why my hero stop holding block??? > i figured out that u needs to watch if ur hero dont stop blocking and release mouse button then hold it again to block... (soo much fun with all this animation block bug effects!)

So now i know! 2nd bug is a position issue... i am doing heavy attack from position... that servers doesnt accept! LOL!
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those keeping score at home:

39 days since Update 25 went live and performance went from bad to extremely bad.

29 days since the last attempted (failed) fix.

13 days since ZOS has provided any new information or comments on the issue.

How is it even remotely acceptable to leave a game broken for more than a month? Are you just hoping we'll forget, @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

• TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a quick clip depicting the misfires in pve, in my house, with only me there. Imagine what happens in cyrodiil...

@Lysette
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raikiki wrote: »
    Someone should tell a big gaming magazine whats going on here. Maybe they will make an article about this unplayable game. If this goes public things can change fast ;)

You know its funny; I have been thinking about this for the past month. When was the last time you've seen major issues of games reported? Only ones I can remember are things like Star Wars Battlefront 2 releasing with ridiculous cash shop mechanics and Anthem releasing as completely shallow and incomplete. Both launching and both EA. I see where the Gamer news talks about the new expansion, but I never see them reporting the issues of patches. Seems that would be actually new rather than just new game releases and reviews

I think there is just a place where some game companies like SOE before Daybreak or whatever bought them out; and EA have gotten to where they are wide open for negative reporting while a lot of others kind of get a pass. Maybe its because access is at risk. But I have to think at some point, ZOS and Bethesda get lumped together with Fallout 76 debacle and now this.
    Edited by technohic on April 1, 2020 2:12PM