Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

GAME BREAKING ISSUE - spamming block can now disconnect you from the server

  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not spam block?
    Options
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So there's now an exploit to log out during combat? Bet they'll fix it right quick if people start using it that way.
    Edited by Minyassa on March 1, 2020 8:52AM
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :* Crown crates next zos
    Options
  • 5cript
    5cript
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just got booted from a battleground because of this.
    OMFG, this is unacceptable.

    You dont have to spam it very excessively, block canceling + blocking for blocking sake is enough.
    Edited by 5cript on March 1, 2020 3:11PM
    Options
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    SeveN085 wrote: »
    If you don't believe, spam block button yourself real fast for like 10-15 seconds and you will get kicked.
    L2Pissue wrote: »
    Yep it works
    I just spammed block for 15 seconds to log out,
    Thanks for this feature.

    Then maybe don't go around spamming block for 15 seconds till you're kicked?
    If it turns out to be destabilizing the server and/or affecting the players around you, honestly a kick should be followed by a ban for deliberately sabotaging the game.

    Stop shooting yourselves in the foot and asking ZOS for a bandaid.

    Ya know tanks do split-second blocks quite frequently in hard content right?...

    If tanks are blocking legitimately and having crashes, that's one thing. But deliberately manufacturing an issue by spamming block until you get kicked... I don't feel that's ZOS's responsibility to fix.
    If legitimate uses of block cause a problem, I'm sure the reports will make their way to ZOS. Standing around spamming block for 15 seconds to manufacture a problem is not legit.

    I was getting kicked over and over on my vASh hm no death prog, only for bashweaving
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because theyre not announcing this issue to the forum doesnt mean an urgent memo didnt go out to the relevant departments before the weekend.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Just because theyre not announcing this issue to the forum doesnt mean an urgent memo didnt go out to the relevant departments before the weekend.

    The point is it would be comforting to hear an acknowledgment of the issue and they are looking to fix it.

    Something so simple can go a long way towards good faith.
    Silence gives the impression that they don't care.
    Options
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    report bugs through officially intended avenues; don't cry about them on the forums.
    Options
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    SeveN085 wrote: »
    If someone's wondering... this is not exclusive to spamming. Clicking it real fast is just the easiest way to replicate this bug. In PVP you may hold block for a second, drop it and then depending on the situation, hold it again for a second and drop it again and do that over and over again. Add in some block cancel animations in between and that's already enough to get booted.

    Lol considering you have to dodge with block first on controller, this would explain a lot. Wtaf ZoS xD.


    This AND considering you lightly tap block and the right trigger to break free quickly on controller might explain some people being unable to break free at times.

    Quick blocks are not even registering sometimes. Block’s BROKEN and it’s affecting dodge and break free.

    Used to be able to "tap block" with fast reflexes to block certain heavy hits at pvp (and pve as a tank when already know the boss/mechanics).. but now the blocking is slow/broken or you have to more like semi-"permablock" if wanna actually block things. So it eats more stam and is not fun and far from efficient playing.

    Why did they have to change something that worked for years for this mess that is broken and a big downgrade to the whole combat of this game?

    And @ZonasArch Do not take the "white knight" -comments too personally, people use that when they (we) are venting and furious about the game we love and it gets changes that makes it worse and broken and combat starts to feel like turn-based slow ancient game with skills not working and block not working as before. So people are frustrated, with all the crashes and other bugs on top of it. We cannot even pvp right now without crashing all the time. So it is not personal, people just wanna let out their frustrations and anyone coming in saying this are "not that bad" will get some collateral damage comments said to them since ZOS remains silent on most of these issues. I know it is not right, but also i hope sympathy the other way around for us big mass of players that DO have lots of issues with the current patch.

    And hey, i`ve been called a white knight myself occasionally for thanking ZOS when they done good things succesfully (obviously not 100% liked those things), never took it personally though.. and me, a white knight? Look at my previous comment on this topic lol. One can tell i am far from it and will give honest feedback too when they have messed up. My salt levels can go very high on posts and on some debates (ooh, the racial passive changes discussion as an example (GIVE my Bosmers Stealthy passive back!!) or some nerf threads..) i actually was surprised not to get warnings or banned. Did not break any forum rules, but been walking on the thin line in some comments that were epic tier KO of certain people or directed at ZOS.

    Oh and if we here seem like just a raging mob with torches and pitchforks type of people who might to some look like exaggerating the issues.. it comes from the passionate love we have (had in some cases) for this game and do not want it to be turned into garbage.

    We who play the game competitively and a LOT have been having a lot of issues, we bump into them more than others who never even used Block like we had (tactical tap blocking as an example) so we now on this patch crash or get put to Login Screen at pvp from the same playstyle we always done. Sounds good and fair to you? Sounds like a game improvement? Not to me. Also, performance has not increased at Cyrodiil sadly at all so why we suffer from changes that did not even do anything to performance?

    PS. You are right about @VaranisArano , now there is a person i`d take on my corner on any debate since Varanis got the ability to stay calm and has the logic (aka functioning brains heh) in posts, but also shows sympathy for the other side of the table too. It is an important quality in a person to not see only the extreme ends of the issue but everything in between too.

    PPS. We just are very volatile right now on these topics about these issues of the Harrowstorm update that was supposed to bring better performance. And we have not been able to play PVP for a week now without constant problems, most my friends not go to Cyrodiil or bgs at all anymore because it just does not work. So on this issue, we can get a bit... salty and lash out if someone comes saying our problems are not real or they are exaggerated. We just have all these feelings ready to burst out, since our patience has been depleted lately with too many issues after another.

    With all this said and explained, i wish everyone a great day! :)

    And oh boy do i wish the next maintenance fixes these issues. Another week or more like this and.. eh, not even wanna think about it. I miss my pvp playing before this Update..
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL Was bash weaving and suddenly couldnt interact with environment and crash
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao It’s the new feature Plebs asked for... “I don’t wanna die and get exposed outside my group!”<====vigorously mashes block
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    LOL Was bash weaving and suddenly couldnt interact with environment and crash

    Yep, cannot do that also anymore. :'(
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Just because theyre not announcing this issue to the forum doesnt mean an urgent memo didnt go out to the relevant departments before the weekend.

    The point is it would be comforting to hear an acknowledgment of the issue and they are looking to fix it.

    Something so simple can go a long way towards good faith.
    Silence gives the impression that they don't care.

    I dunno, for me, the current silence gives the impression that its the weekend on top of ZOS having a PR event that went on. ZOS' response time always goes way, way down over the weekend. As annoying as that might be for a 24/7 playerbase, I can't begrudge their employees the time off.

    So I'm not exactly expecting a quick turn around on a question as potentially complicated as "Hey, guys, did we intend for frequent blocking to disconnect players and can we please make sure its not causing any unintended crashes with bash-weaving, block canceling, and combat?" That's a pretty tall order for testing that's unlikely to happen over a weekend.
    Options
  • Erelah
    Erelah
    ✭✭✭✭
    report bugs through officially intended avenues; don't cry about them on the forums.

    That is an incorrect statement: The forums is the proper avenue. One may argue general discussions is not the proper place as ZOS has provided us with: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/bug-reports
    Options
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    List of "exploits" * NEW for U25, all rewarded with a disconnect:-
    • Blocking a lot
    • Changing location
    • Being in Cyrodiil for a bit
    • Using a ladder in Imperial City / Sewers
    • Using skills
    • Typing in chat during the guild trader flip
    • Trying to access your Guild Bank.

    (All very naughty, you bad people).


    Coming Soon! NEW exploits to be added with the next patch, all rewarded with a disconnect:-
    • Typing in chat AT ANY TIME!
    • Swapping your SKILL BAR!
    • MOVING!

    Good news though! All exploits will be linked to a timer. Your timer can be reset to zero if you make one purchase from the Crown Store every ten minutes!




    *the word "exploit" newly redefined.
    Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    List of "exploits" * NEW for U25, all rewarded with a disconnect:-
    • Blocking a lot
    • Changing location
    • Being in Cyrodiil for a bit
    • Using a ladder in Imperial City / Sewers
    • Using skills
    • Typing in chat during the guild trader flip
    • Trying to access your Guild Bank.

    (All very naughty, you bad people).


    Coming Soon! NEW exploits to be added with the next patch, all rewarded with a disconnect:-
    • Typing in chat AT ANY TIME!
    • Swapping your SKILL BAR!
    • MOVING!

    Good news though! All exploits will be linked to a timer. Your timer can be reset to zero if you make one purchase from the Crown Store every ten minutes!




    *the word "exploit" newly redefined.


    I mean to be fair, if they can't fix it. They will just call it a feature. Since this is what they tend to do.
    Edited by rager82b14_ESO on March 1, 2020 6:27PM
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Just because theyre not announcing this issue to the forum doesnt mean an urgent memo didnt go out to the relevant departments before the weekend.

    Sticky note on the break room fridge? :D
    Options
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Dusk_Coven
    So you can quote my posts to try and make your argument seem legitimate, but you can't respond to them directly like you have been other people? Good to know. Also your little snippet from my post about people blocking rapidly in numerous situations did nothing to back up your argument, because it actually backs up the opposite; that there isn't very much room for this being intentional, because I'm sure the devs understand how people needing to block rapidly could very well happen. You say that the patch notes don't always include something the devs have introduced, and that might be true for things that aren't a basic gameplay mechanic that literally everyone who does content makes use of. This isn't some little niche thing we're talking about, it's a literal base mechanic. And you really think they wouldn't mention if they made something so integral to the game log you out like this?

    Also, you're making a lot of assumptions about what people do or don't do just because they're saying something you don't agree with. You included part of my post and then claim "I suspect a lot of people use it or something close to it", but I hardly do PvE content in ESO these days outside of events or new dungeons for the story, and I PvP even less than that. So your little assumption that people are only making an argument against you because we want to be able to...exploit the game I guess, is way off. I even mentioned before that myself and my friends like to goof off with spamming bash at each other and just randomly blocking because we're messing around, which is something a lot of people do. It's not out of any malicious desire to mess up someone else's game (and you still haven't explained why you think something as simple as block spamming would affect someone else's game, other people have had to do that) or because we're trying to exploit something in any given context.

    You seem to think that everyone doing this has it out for other players or something, that people want to do it to intentionally grief others and cause problems. Again, that's NOT the case at all. If, by some ungodly reason, this turns out to be intended, you won't hear people complaining because they've lost some precious means of trolling others. You'll hear them complaining because it will 100% affect legitimate game play. Can you take a few seconds to look at this from the perspective of people doing a vet trial or doing something like a vet no death run on harder dungeons, where they might be blocking/bashing a lot and just using normal game mechanics, only to find themselves abruptly crapped out of the game for something they were doing in the course of normal game play? I don't even do that kind of content and I can empathize with how that could affect people.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

    PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
    Options
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    @Dusk_Coven
    So you can quote my posts to try and make your argument seem legitimate, but you can't respond to them directly like you have been other people? Good to know. Also your little snippet from my post about people blocking rapidly in numerous situations did nothing to back up your argument, because it actually backs up the opposite; that there isn't very much room for this being intentional, because I'm sure the devs understand how people needing to block rapidly could very well happen. You say that the patch notes don't always include something the devs have introduced, and that might be true for things that aren't a basic gameplay mechanic that literally everyone who does content makes use of. This isn't some little niche thing we're talking about, it's a literal base mechanic. And you really think they wouldn't mention if they made something so integral to the game log you out like this?

    Also, you're making a lot of assumptions about what people do or don't do just because they're saying something you don't agree with. You included part of my post and then claim "I suspect a lot of people use it or something close to it", but I hardly do PvE content in ESO these days outside of events or new dungeons for the story, and I PvP even less than that. So your little assumption that people are only making an argument against you because we want to be able to...exploit the game I guess, is way off. I even mentioned before that myself and my friends like to goof off with spamming bash at each other and just randomly blocking because we're messing around, which is something a lot of people do. It's not out of any malicious desire to mess up someone else's game (and you still haven't explained why you think something as simple as block spamming would affect someone else's game, other people have had to do that) or because we're trying to exploit something in any given context.

    You seem to think that everyone doing this has it out for other players or something, that people want to do it to intentionally grief others and cause problems. Again, that's NOT the case at all. If, by some ungodly reason, this turns out to be intended, you won't hear people complaining because they've lost some precious means of trolling others. You'll hear them complaining because it will 100% affect legitimate game play. Can you take a few seconds to look at this from the perspective of people doing a vet trial or doing something like a vet no death run on harder dungeons, where they might be blocking/bashing a lot and just using normal game mechanics, only to find themselves abruptly crapped out of the game for something they were doing in the course of normal game play? I don't even do that kind of content and I can empathize with how that could affect people.

    It’ll make vet hm trials on console incompleteable if it goes live.

    You need to block a lot, as well as Cc. If it’s as bad as they say you’ll have crashes every 2 mins
    Options
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not spam block?

    Maybe dont change things that are working fine?
    Options
  • TorvenTool
    TorvenTool
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are looking into this issue. In the meantime buy something cute at the crown store to calm.
    Ich bremse auch für Bergblume und Akelei.

    PC-Spieler, da zu alt für Konsolen.
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so dodge roll it is then
    Options
  • Akino
    Akino
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS: We've reconfigured blocking so that it won't be client based but server based. So the client will now wait for the server's reply before it actually blocks. So that we can avoid desync and glitches related to block like where you're block animation is active but still gets off balanced because the client responded first before having a reply from the server.

    Player: So you mean, you want our clients to wait for the server's reply before acting with all the different elements happening around including latency and all, then be forced logout or crash indubitably due to information overload rather than have some animation glitch?

    I'll just keep roll dodgin,g thank you until you sort the algorithm for this one. Since roll dodge seems to also solve more than just getting hit, but also most of the UI glitches like not being able to interact with things.

    Give roll dodge the saviour some love. :D
    Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness.
    ※Masamune Date※
    Options
  • NoNameNamer
    NoNameNamer
    ✭✭✭
    You can tell it was a global server side threshold that kicks people out to prevent all sorts of cheats and service attacks and when they changed the behavior of block they totally forgot about the threshold. Or the dev never knew about it. Now they're in the awkward position of either allowing a vulnerability in their system or reverting block changes.
    Edited by NoNameNamer on March 2, 2020 9:24AM
    “We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.”
    ― Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind
    Options
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    working as intended. zos don't want us to complete any content.
    first the iceheart shield nerf, now they punish blocking :trollface:
    PC EU
    Options
  • Túrin_Vidsmidr
    Túrin_Vidsmidr
    ✭✭✭
    the constant blocking is back too.
    20200229130149-1.jpg
    Edited by Túrin_Vidsmidr on March 2, 2020 10:00AM
    The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
    Options
  • NoNameNamer
    NoNameNamer
    ✭✭✭
    the constant blocking is back too.
    20200229130149-1.jpg
    Now the server has to confirm to the client that blocking has stopped and desync caused this. These changes to block also assumed there are no desync issues but voila, they're getting exposed more visibly than ever now.

    “We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.”
    ― Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will this issue be resolved by today's update?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    This issue is causing frequent crashes in BGs and PvE, probably responsible for breakfree not working properly as well and completely untied to any cyrodil-specific scenario.

    Please don't tell me that wasn't even on your radar when configuring today's patch?!
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will this issue be resolved by today's update?

    The word block doesnt even appear in the patch notes.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
Sign In or Register to comment.