Maintenance for the week of October 25:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 25
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 26, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Deadlands DLC and Update 32 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts/

February 2020 Furnishing Limit Status Update

• LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its nice to see this explanation, could we get something similar on cyrodiil campaign scoring. Pvper have asked for many years for a change were socres depends on population on the instance. That change would be soo easy to do.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thoughts of this one.

She accepts for now you cannot increase the limits, though of course she wishes it were otherwise.

This one is patient and has plans for all her properties when that day arrives.

In the meantime though there are some things you could help us with yes as regards the design of furnishings.

For example:

A sizeable patch of mixed flowers
    A sizeable patch of mushrooms
    A sizeable patch of wheat crops
    A group of marsh reeds
    A cabbage patch
    A carrot tree
    A bunch of bananas
    A group of apples
    A tray of drinks
    A collection of assorted wine bottles - both in a group and in a line for on shelves
    A large pile of colourful balls of yarn
    A big pile of fish
    A mixed fruit platter
    A mixed cooked meats platter
    A big bowl of salad

There are many things that presently we almost always use in multiples that could be provided also as one larger furnishing in addition to their solo counterparts. This one could probably take a look around her property empire and find a few more examples. This one is sure travellers here also have their own ideas. The bowl of bread is a good start but was the flour milled from solid gold? These things need to be affordable and available easily in order to practically help the situation.

Another thing mentioned earlier is lighting - have light specific furnishings that are, in the normal sense, invisible but add light to an area. Like a white light varla stone but you don't see it perhaps. Call it a crystal of some kind. How many hundreds of candles and lanterns could this one remove if this were possible? Of course we want still to have the ability to light in subtle and interesting ways but we should not need 150 candles to do this.

Additionally please generally make interiors less dark if you can - this one admits she is mostly an exterior decorator but this is largely because she has found she has to use so many furnishing slots just to see what she is doing indoors - the big Snooty Elf villa is a fine example of this.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

A carrot tree? Do Tamriel Carrots grow on trees?

What about about different size gardens with lettuce, corn, tomatoes, etc in them? Trees and lighting both kill me on item limits. Grand Topal Hideaway is nearly 20% of its limit before you even start adding your own stuff. Maybe we could have two settings on our lighting: " Realistic" and "Bright" Sometimes i use lighting for an effect and other times just to light up an area.

Oh what about groups of storage crates, barrels, and sacks so you can give a storeroom feel without using a large number of items.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts of this one.

She accepts for now you cannot increase the limits, though of course she wishes it were otherwise.

This one is patient and has plans for all her properties when that day arrives.

In the meantime though there are some things you could help us with yes as regards the design of furnishings.

For example:

A sizeable patch of mixed flowers
    A sizeable patch of mushrooms
    A sizeable patch of wheat crops
    A group of marsh reeds
    A cabbage patch
    A carrot tree
    A bunch of bananas
    A group of apples
    A tray of drinks
    A collection of assorted wine bottles - both in a group and in a line for on shelves
    A large pile of colourful balls of yarn
    A big pile of fish
    A mixed fruit platter
    A mixed cooked meats platter
    A big bowl of salad

There are many things that presently we almost always use in multiples that could be provided also as one larger furnishing in addition to their solo counterparts. This one could probably take a look around her property empire and find a few more examples. This one is sure travellers here also have their own ideas. The bowl of bread is a good start but was the flour milled from solid gold? These things need to be affordable and available easily in order to practically help the situation.

Another thing mentioned earlier is lighting - have light specific furnishings that are, in the normal sense, invisible but add light to an area. Like a white light varla stone but you don't see it perhaps. Call it a crystal of some kind. How many hundreds of candles and lanterns could this one remove if this were possible? Of course we want still to have the ability to light in subtle and interesting ways but we should not need 150 candles to do this.

Additionally please generally make interiors less dark if you can - this one admits she is mostly an exterior decorator but this is largely because she has found she has to use so many furnishing slots just to see what she is doing indoors - the big Snooty Elf villa is a fine example of this.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

A carrot tree? Do Tamriel Carrots grow on trees?

What about about different size gardens with lettuce, corn, tomatoes, etc in them? Trees and lighting both kill me on item limits. Grand Topal Hideaway is nearly 20% of its limit before you even start adding your own stuff. Maybe we could have two settings on our lighting: " Realistic" and "Bright" Sometimes i use lighting for an effect and other times just to light up an area.

Oh what about groups of storage crates, barrels, and sacks so you can give a storeroom feel without using a large number of items.

You should come and visit the rare and wonderful carrot tree at Castle Claws traveller :)

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_CullenLee @ZOS_SarahHecker Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate it.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"

Sons of the Night Mother [PS4][EU] 1805 CP
    Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS4][NA] 1320 CP
    SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1350 CP
    Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1030 CP
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this post. Can you look into adding a "Ultimate Attunable station" possibly? My house is filled with crafting stations for all the crafted sets in the game, and if i could infuse all the attunable sets into a single station, that would leave me with a whole lot more decorating room for my house.

Could possibly help with performance too.

Papa bless

EDIT: made this professional illustration to help explain my solution. unknown.png

That's an INCREDIBLE idea, it would save so much space!
  • resabed
    resabed
    Soul Shriven
    I wanted to make a library, so I bought the Daggerfall Overlook. Now I have a gorgeous room filled elegantly with books, and an essentially empty manor. I just gated off the basement entirely. The house consists of two instanced spaces, why are they not capped at 350 each? The limit is arbitrary and nonsensical.

At the very least go the EQ2 route and sell/craft housing expanders that boost the limit by 100 or so.

I will not buy housing with crowns until the limit is upped. Then I will buy lots of housing with crowns.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for this clarification! :smile:

In light of the firm furnishing and population caps, I wonder whether any of the below might be feasible:

- Allow players to choose between different cap configurations, at least for notable homes. That way, residences used for guild functions could sacrifice some furnishing allowance for higher population while someone who never desires more than a guest or two at a time might trade for a higher furnishing cap, perhaps even with choices of which cap to increase by a given amount.
    - Give us an option to increase furnishing caps that are currently below the 350/700 maximum. I would gladly pay Crowns to increase furnishing slots in several of my inn rooms, for example!

I also agree with what others have posted, that more combo type furnishings such as filled cupboards etc. of various styles would be welcome. Also needed are more building materials to make the most of wonderful open properties like Moonsugar Meadow (an instant purchase for me and I would love to see more such properties!).