The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ps4 bluescreens, lag and skill delay since February

• Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree its a real shame the game has ended up in this state. Is there even a performance fix planned?
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been so long just think of it as a feature
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shardaxx wrote: »
    I agree its a real shame the game has ended up in this state. Is there even a performance fix planned?

Even if they announce a fix do you really believe it will work
    Edited by blkjag on May 16, 2020 1:36AM
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last word in this thread is this:
    Hey all, for those of you who are reporting lag on PS4 after the recent patch, can you submit a ticket detailing what you are experiencing? Getting more info from those of you experiencing this would greatly help us identify commonalities between players and help identify the issue.
    If there's any noteworthy update regarding this situation, it was not shared in here. Based on that, it looks like the team is still in the "gathering info" process. The quoted message is from February 7 btw.
  • Lactauna
    Lactauna
    ✭✭
    Going on 6 months without being able to play, not even writs for crying out loud. That’s when I can even get past the character screen without a nearly infinite load screen.

It’s so disappointing that a supposed AAA title cannot even run reliably enough to log in without freezing up. I’ve moved on and I’m letting my sub expire for the first time since launch. Greymoor isn’t even a thought because of the crappy performance.

I miss it but not enough to put up with the atrocious performance any longer or even hold out hope that it will get remedied.
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lactauna wrote: »
    Going on 6 months without being able to play, not even writs for crying out loud. That’s when I can even get past the character screen without a nearly infinite load screen.

It’s so disappointing that a supposed AAA title cannot even run reliably enough to log in without freezing up. I’ve moved on and I’m letting my sub expire for the first time since launch. Greymoor isn’t even a thought because of the crappy performance.

I miss it but not enough to put up with the atrocious performance any longer or even hold out hope that it will get remedied.

This is weird, yes the game has many problems but this particular one might be server related. And I'm not talking about eso servers. Try to do this test https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30903/~/how-do-i-do-a-pathping-and-tracert-to-the-servers-to-test-my-connection?

In this topic you'll have an explanation of why you might be having problems https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/517130/terrible-ping-in-eu-prime-time-german-servers-at-fault
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry folks. It can all be fixed from dropping the current mount pixels and draw distance from the current ps2-esque standards down to what we seen during the PS1 days.

That aside, don't forget to fund the game further by spending your hard earned £75 on the next collectors instalment of the game. By purchasing this, this will send them the message that the current state of the PS4 is nothing short of marvellous.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on May 16, 2020 7:35AM
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blkjag wrote: »
    Shardaxx wrote: »

Even if they announce a fix do you really believe it will work

No lol but at least it would encourage me to log in and check.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    End of May and it’s still unplayable with no acknowledgement to fix it. Pc servers got taken down to get fixed... crazy
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 90 days of PS4 crash-to-dashboard blue screens and over 100 additional days of lag so bad there are cast times on walking through doors, I'm guessing that they either don't care, or have no idea how to fix the game.

I mean, it's been 6 months for goodness sake. No apology, and I honestly don't believe a single ZOS employee ever sets foot in Cyrodiil on the PS4. They have no idea what it's like, which blows my mind. How can you be a game development company and not experience gameplay on a regular basis on every platform you develop for? I just can't get my head around that.
    PS4NA
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/529931/pc-na-eu-maintenance-5-29-20-2am-edt

Pc is getting taken down for lag and delay..... hello? This has been happing in pvp in console since first week of feb. 😂 to all of us for months. Stand around and not do any abilities
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good, if they figure stuff out on PC it will help the console fix eventually.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/529931/pc-na-eu-maintenance-5-29-20-2am-edt

You made this fix instantly for pc but console has had this problem since feb. is it getting fixed?
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How come a moderator has redirected the discussion of crashes to this thread? This thread doesn't seem to relate to post-Markarth crashes and last post seems to have been in May?

Necro-rezzing thread by ZOS? Interesting.

But anyway, since Brokarth, the game has become literally unplayable. Six of us crashed standing outside the door of Asylum Sanctorium. At the same time.

Then front kite crashed.
    Then interrupter disconnected.
    My game froze around second jump.

Not to forget, the minis don't sit down upon death, they get a seizure.
    Edited by siddique on November 30, 2020 6:59PM
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game was broken on the February 5th patch. Getting close to the year anniversary
    Edited by AMeanOne on November 30, 2020 5:53PM
  • croakie
    croakie
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_ConnorG @ZOS_GinaBruno

Bluescreen/Freeze threads keep getting closed and redirected yet we get no info from Zos about the status of fixing things. I still play, I can do most world content with only one or two freezes a day but I have friends that have stopped playing this game because they crash constantly. What is Zos's gameplan going forward? What is the timetable? We are getting no information from you exceept "it will be fixed in an incremental patch".

I'm pretty sure that with all of the threads on the subject you are aware that you are losing a ton of players, players who spend a lot of money on subscriptions and in the crown store. I believe from talking to my circle of friends that some of them will not be back and others won't be if this goes on for much longer. A little information from you would be a good thing, yet all we get is silence.

• Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are in no hurry to acknowledge any console problems.

Best way to get their attention is to cancel any eso+ subscription.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We investigated the crash in WR2 last night to see if we could get through it because it was the last base game vet dungeon I needed to complete, three of us crashed on Garron, including our tank crashing so hard his internet went out. Last man standing was able to kill him, but since I crashed, the dungeon remains incomplete for me.

It wasn't even like the game crashed and sent us back to the load screen. It was a freeze requiring the game app to be forced closed and restarted, like what happens when I get freezes happening just standing around overland.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Markarth, I am crashing every day that I play, while doing solo overland quests.
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So it's been three weeks that we've had to live with Brokarth patch. And yet there is no straightforward communication from the developers.

Crown Store gets fixed within hours, and it takes you months to fix the actual game which has become annoyingly unplayable?

You fixed light attacks, but does anyone realize how bad this patch broke ESO?

Every single time anyone who is the 12th person to join a group, gets dropped from server. Who told you to play around with the size of groups? Broke it.

How you managed to break Minor Slayer is beyond me.

Screen freezes? I've never had those in five years. What sort of a game breaking code you managed to introduce for this one?

Reached excessive message rate? Bruh. I was standing in front of a trial door, waiting to get in.

Random blue screens, probably because of some sort of a memory leak?

Purge doesn't work half the time where it should. What were you playing around with to break that?

How did you break taunt?

What did you do that causes 6 or more people to disconnect at the exact same time?

If you wipe in a portal in vcr or backyard in vmol, occasionally half the group survives that wipe? How? The fight can actually continue.

I heard you managed to break but eventually fix elemental drain? Slow clap.

I'm just trying to understand what sort of development it took to break the dying animation of mini bosses in trials like Cloudrest and Asylum?

But most importantly, the sheer neglect and disrespect towards your player base? What has happened to this company?

RIP ESO 2015-2020

P.s., this is why it was never a good idea to deliberately turn the game upside down every patch in the name of "balance". Tweaking random values, buffing something then nerfing it then buffing it again. Sigh.
    Edited by siddique on December 1, 2020 6:09AM
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭
    But have you actually tried turning it OFF and then ON again ?
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ruder wrote: »
    But have you actually tried turning it OFF and then ON again ?

Also make sure those pesky addons are removed before hand.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It almost seems like they are trying to kill off the PS4 version by neglecting it to the point of having a too small player base to be economically viable. The Mac version is not being ported over to the new ARM architecture, which is perfectly understandable, but it means that it is effectively being abandoned as well. XBox would be less likely to be deliberately sabotaged, though, considering the upcoming takeover by Microsoft, and both the XBox and Windows versions have problems as well after the botched Markarth update. So, all things considered, it's probably not malicious neglect, just neglect, and then there is at least some hope for improvement.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y’all are still playing (but hopefully not paying for?) this broken game. Why? Just stop, they’re not going to fix it until you start depriving them of logins and other metrics they can show to the powers that be and say “look, all good, they’re still logging in!”

There’s a multitude of excellent games available for PS4/PS5 that perform extremely well. And if you have a PS5, you can play many of those games at 60 FPS or higher. Do yourselves a favour: make some time for the titles you’ve put on the back burner because of your ESO addiction. Enjoy well-performing games for a change. It was really difficult for me to uninstall ESO when I did because I was helplessly addicted to Cyrodiil (it has been more than a year now), but I’m so glad I did. There’s so much I would have missed gaming-wise over the past year if I was still playing this terribly optimized mess of a game.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I'm trying to do the theives guild quest. Can't turn in the first quest as I crash every few steps I take in the Hews Bane outlaw refuge .. Wtf
  • croakie
    croakie
    ✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »
    We investigated the crash in WR2 last night to see if we could get through it because it was the last base game vet dungeon I needed to complete, three of us crashed on Garron, including our tank crashing so hard his internet went out. Last man standing was able to kill him, but since I crashed, the dungeon remains incomplete for me.”

Just FYI, if you freeze, not blue screen, and someone is alive to kill the boss, don't do anything until after the boss is dead. Then you can restart, and when you come in you should get credit and be able to loot the boss. You must not reset though until after the boss is dead. If all of you freeze or you blue screen though you'll have to start the fight over.

Edited by croakie on December 1, 2020 4:02PM
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Out of all the platforms I play ESO on PS4 has the worst performance with blue screens and screen freezes.

ZOS should address it and fix it.

The patch they added didn’t fix things to a properly playable game. The patch did improve things but not enough for people to consider spending anymore money on this broken thing. Certainly do not buy any houses or furnishings either.

•screen freezing PvP solo and duo PvE dungeons
    •blue screens PvE dungeons
    •loading screens freezing then restarting after a few minutes, happens constantly
    •my alts cannot even travel to my own guild houses or any of my guildies

These are the major offenders to me and a lot of the people I play with

PvP I solo and duo
    PvE Vet dungeons and trials

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Please respond to your playerbase and let us know what you intend to do about these issues and when. Thank you.

Will gladly send more clips and error reports.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    They posted on Facebook saying December the 7th for PC and December 9th for console. For a fix
    I have a ss of this.
    Doesn't state a fix for the minor slayer bug with Sioria and false God though. That's really important to fix for us end content raiders
    Edited by Anne13 on December 1, 2020 4:39PM
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    croakie wrote: »
    renne wrote: »
    We investigated the crash in WR2 last night to see if we could get through it because it was the last base game vet dungeon I needed to complete, three of us crashed on Garron, including our tank crashing so hard his internet went out. Last man standing was able to kill him, but since I crashed, the dungeon remains incomplete for me.”

Just FYI, if you freeze, not blue screen, and someone is alive to kill the boss, don't do anything until after the boss is dead. Then you can restart, and when you come in you should get credit and be able to loot the boss. You must not reset though until after the boss is dead. If all of you freeze or you blue screen though you'll have to start the fight over.

Ohhhhhh that is really interesting to know, thanks! I didn't even think about doing that, I just force quit the game.

Maybe I'll be able to convince the team to give it another go next time we're all on.
  • Fares_B
    Fares_B
    Hello, today was the update patch for PC players. Are you guys facing any crashes, freezes after the update?