Maintenance for the week of January 30:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – January 30
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – February 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – February 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Who is your ESO character?

• emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love TES so I'm really into character creation and stuff. I have a lot of characters designed but I have a couple of main characters I make in every TES game I play. They all started in Oblivion, but I ignore the time period difference between the games which doesn't bother me too much. There's a lot of details for my characters but I'll keep these short.

My first main character is a khajiit named Zirasha who was born and raised by her single mother Zira in the Imperial City (family name Rah). Her mother raised her as a skilled warrior and both have taken part in the IC Arena, Zirasha reaching higher ranks than her mother. She is the most skilled in fire destruction magic, unarmed martial arts, and short blade and usually combines all three when fighting (ESO's mag dragonknight is really good for this). The singleplayer games give a lot of freedom for builds so in ESO I compromise by playing her as a mag DK and a DK tank.

My second main character is a khajiit named Qa'Rirra who was born and raised by her khajiit mother Vara and imperial father Tillius in Gideon (their family name is Umbrius). Because of living in Gideon, she grew up immersed in Imperial and Argonian culture. In terms of combat she is really skilled at archery, stealth, and using knives/daggers. She is also a master acrobat and loves fishing. In ESO stam nightblade suits her the best. Her best friend growing up, Taalen-Ix, is an argonian with similar skills. Both are born under the shadow, so Taalen became a shadowscale assassin and was separated from Rirra, and the separation grief drove her to travel and become a contractual assassin.

My third main character is an argonian named Deeh-Baba who was born as a slave in Vvardenfell and was eventually abducted by a dunmer vampire mage named Salym Hlell under whom Deeh became an apprentice. Long story short he was abusive, Deeh became a vampire, and she developed her magic skills enough under him to escape him. Salym specialized in conjuration and mysticism magic, particularly blood magic and necromancy, and also illusion magic. Thus Deeh also specialized in conjuration and mysticism and, because of her many years studying by a master mage and spending her free time studying further, she is incredibly skilled in them. She also is experienced with enchanting and alteration magics. Because of her wide array of spell knowledge, in ESO, having 3 different characters for her fits her the best. I do pretty much the same thing that @AcadianPaladin does with their bosmer. I have NB, necro, and templar Deeh-Babas that all have the same look and are all called ''Deeh-Baba (insert title)'' so the game can distinguish them. This way Deeh can use whatever types of magic she feels like using at the time. Again the single player games make this easier.
    PC EU _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit healer _ Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage _ Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pack consisting of a Markarth Bear Dog and a Highland Wolf. Both represent my actual dogs. An Akita, which is basically the real version of the Markarth Bear Dog, and a Malamute-Husky mix that looked very wolfish. She died in January and I could hardly bear it, but it does kind of help still having her around in a way in ESO.

why i want rat terriers added to pets

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In terms of attitudes, motives, image, or backstory, never seemed to get around to it for ESO. I wrote a backstory for a character once for a guild contest but it was kind of forced and it not very contest. When I was trying F2P MMORPGs in winter of 2015 while waiting for a beta invite to ESO one I tried was Neverwinter and I had a decent two paragraph backdrop for the character, but I've never been inspired to write or come up with one for any of my ESO characters. Enjoying reading what other people have come up with.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave all my characters little quirks. They each will have their own home and what gets put in the home will reflect the personality of that character. No real back stories though.

When I did the quests on my main she always told the truth if that was an option. She used to change outfits before every dungeon run but I kind of got away from that.

I have a Khajiit that will only wear Khajiit armor and only allows Khajiit made things in his home other than a few common items. I guess he likes to drink because a good portion of his home is dedicated to a bar.

I decided my master crafter had to travel to every zone to learn all the different traits and styles so his home has something from every zone that he picked up along his travels.

This is my Orcs home. I kinda need a story why he ended up here but haven't done it yet.

n6H0cPs.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pack consisting of a Markarth Bear Dog and a Highland Wolf. Both represent my actual dogs. An Akita, which is basically the real version of the Markarth Bear Dog, and a Malamute-Husky mix that looked very wolfish. She died in January and I could hardly bear it, but it does kind of help still having her around in a way in ESO.

why i want rat terriers added to pets

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In terms of attitudes, motives, image, or backstory, never seemed to get around to it for ESO. I wrote a backstory for a character once for a guild contest but it was kind of forced and it not very contest. When I was trying F2P MMORPGs in winter of 2015 while waiting for a beta invite to ESO one I tried was Neverwinter and I had a decent two paragraph backdrop for the character, but I've never been inspired to write or come up with one for any of my ESO characters. Enjoying reading what other people have come up with.

You mean terrier size rats. I would absolutely adore it. <3
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I make up brief backstories for each of my characters (even the ones I don't really play beyond leveling them) that set up basic personality stuff, where they came from and how they ended up getting sacrificed by the Worm Cult. I consider that to be the "true" beginning to the game, and each of them would be the Vestige in their own version of the story if I played through the quests with them.

There are a lot of them, so I won't post them all here. I've got their writeups (and pictures) in this post right over here.

My main character is the most developed, largely because of the internal RPing and associated fanfic writing I do while questing with her. Her backstory is pretty simple - stablemaster's daughter with a penchant for archery and exploration, nabbed by bandits while trying to deliver a horse to Aldcroft, coerced into doing their pilfering dirty work while she bided her time looking for a chance to escape, sold off to the Worm Cult and woke up in Coldharbour. Since then she's made lots of friends and enemies, fallen in love, saved the world a few times, and had more than her fair share of angst. It's been a pretty good ride.

Obligatory link to the thread where I write about Ilsabet's adventures, for anyone who has lots of time to kill
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    Lollygags-Where-She-Likes - EP Argonian Templar healer
    Gurtha gra-Margaz - DC Orc Sorcerer stormflailer
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sleeping all 18 of them has been asleep for an week and may stay there for ever as at this point i dont see me their master ever waking them again
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on November 19, 2019 4:20AM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never been into role play, I just play my first character the way I would in that situation, (minus the running for my life part, if I was actually there) What ever decisions I make I live with good or bad, more often than not I lean towards personal greed for my character but also making sure every possible character that I like survives wherever possible.

On other characters I put in less effort since I already know the outcomes/lack of outcomes of most quests.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    my character had to hit the road and adventure for a living because the brothel burned down.

:#
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proud highelf with a love for queen and dominion with an interest in knowledge.
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have backstories as such, but my characters all share similarities.

They are all women, all redheads with blue eyes, all the shortest possible for the race. They are all strong powerful independent women, who doesn’t flic in combat. They are brave and carries their integrity close to the heart. They try to do the right thing, without being a pushover.

My son says my bosmer looks like me. He also thinks I never would back down from a fight. She’s my soft spot. Shame on zos for destroying her culture.

My kitty is black though. Like a leopard, but still woman, blue eyes and a take no prisoners kind of attitude. I love this universe ❤️
  • Sylenes Noctis
    Sylenes Noctis
    ✭✭✭
    I adore questions/threads like these. My character(s) stories are quite lengthy and meticulous, though I have yet to write it all down here. I'll share an extract of the character I play with the most.
    What kind of character do you play in this game?

I play an Altmer, who used to be a Dunmer. How is this possible you may wonder?

Well, the short version of events are that they had a confrontation with Molag Bal and were cast out of Tamriel; aimed to spend their remaining days in Oblivion.

However, due to a magical transliminal deluge, they found themselves back into; unbeknownst to them, an alternate Tamriel.
    Things seemed to be as they were; they were slightly confused why they woke up in the Golden Gryphon Garret in Alinor, but they figured that happened due to the deluge mishap.

After all, it wasn't the first time they had woken up in a peculiar place after a drunken brawl.

That is.. until they looked into a mirror. Their hair length was the same, what a relief, thankfully no round ears, but, their skin, something wasn't right. What.. what happened? It seemed almost like they had turned into an Altmer!

(to be continued)

Non-rp version: I changed servers from NA to EUR and had to start over, so I decided to change my main character a bit.
    Not every joins an RP guild and roleplays

As a rp-enthusiast I have been looking for such a guild and people to rp with. Sadly, I have yet to find any. It would definitely add an enrichment to immersive gaming.

Here is Malian Admanen,
    before and after ⚔️

Rxc9f6.jpg
    Edited by Sylenes Noctis on September 7, 2021 11:47PM
    Some are born in the mountains, while others are born by the sea.
    Some are happy to live in the place they were born, while others must make a journey to reach the climate in which they can flourish and grow.
    Between the ocean and the mountains is a wild forest.
    That is where I want to make my home.
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tobias bloodwolf.

he's a breton warden, grew up in the wild with a pack of wolves, and spends a lot of time making sure his body is peak physical condition, he grew up in hircince's hunting grounds, having survived, many hunts, and eventually found his way back to nirn, but continues to worship hircine.
    after returning to nirn, he fell victim to mannimarco and the worm cult, and found himself in cold harbor, since that day, he's held a huge dislike of high elves, and after defeating molag bal in 1v1 combat, he has sworn vengeance on meridia, for taking his new found friend, darien away, and hopes one day he'll be able to have the drink they'd discussed.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently working on fleshing out my characters. I have a few basic ideas about them. I set out with the intention of role-playing and just wanting to be able to do everything in the game and get achievements and my own personal goals have gotten in the way of my characters stories.
    I'm using dragon breaks, skooma, the meddling of daedric prince's as excuses for my characters fickle behaviour.
    My khajiit is from a line of renowned thieves and peddlars although she doesn't know it. She was abandoned and raised by a family who found her on a moon sugar plantation and they gave her everything they could . She is a very good and devout khajiit at heart but has a period of time when only darkness fills her heart after losing the love of her life. She joins the dark brotherhood for a time, eager to send souls to Sithis. She hears the call of the moons and reconnects with her khajiit heritage.

My breton is a from a noble background but naturally curious about magic given some of her elven blood. She becomes a vampire in the hopes it might strengthen her magickal abilities.

My redguard is a pleasure seeking pirate who does believe in honour but has had her rough edges sanded off by life. This character needs more work.

My orc is an archer and has had to fight to be valued for being able to use a bow to fight instead of some large 2 handed weapon. He has had many insults. He is a trinimac orc despite living in a home surrounded by Malacath icons. I haven't decided whether he is a wood orc or not. I need to check with the lore. Again needs more work.
    My argonian is considered slightly crazy by her tribe and it's suggested she ingested some substance which changed her as a child. She developed sorcerous powers as a child and was shunned out of fear and has developed a reclusive nature. She is an expert alchemist and enchanter. She moved to a secluded private island to continue her magickal research and development and funds her lifestyle by adventuring.
    My bosmer Necromancer grew up surrounded by bones and flesh of animals. Naturally her philosophy of not wasting things led her to necromancy and curiosity about bones and escaping death kept her going. Growing up in Valenwood she became sick of plant life after visiting other cities and doesn't want much to do with trees unless feeling particularly nostalgic. Her family have disowned her with disgust at her practices and she cannot go home.
    My altmer warden grew up in beautiful Summerset in a small village with plants and animals surrounding her. She connected with the beauty of nature and plants and followed a shamanic sort of initiation with her power animals. She will join the psijic order later. Magic just flows through her. Her family were vintners and she has an appreciation for good wine and the finer things in life.
    My imperial sorceror is a little rebellious in nature and an Abnur Tharn sort of personality. She uses raw physical energy to manifest her will and is very physically active. I don't know much about her yet.
    My Nord is very noble and with great physical prowess. He doesn't party as much as most nords and is the strong silent type. He is a werewolf and he loses himself in the transformation.
    My dunmer is a member of House Hlaalu and will struggle and strain to see the success of her ancestral line. She is less honourable than some Hlaalu and favours backstabbing, political machinations, intimidation or anything else to further her house. She was originally a follower of prophet veloth but turned to darker powers to help boost her house. She is an any means necessary type of person.

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There was a man. He was born on one of those large agricultural estates in the heart of Cyrodiil. It’s not there anymore. The war saw to that.

He had a name. It is lost to memory.

He was quite short and wiry like most Nibenians.

He enlisted in the military, probably just to get away from the farm. He didn’t rise to high rank, but he did get noticed. They could see that he was special. He was recruited into a long-range reconnaissance unit attached to one of the frontier Legions.

He served as a professional soldier for many years both along and beyond the borders of the Empire. He was highly trained and highly experienced. Perhaps something of that still remains at an instinctive, reflex level.

When the Empire broke up most of the soldiers in his Legion deserted. No one was paying them anymore. There were no orders. No supplies. No more news from home. Soon only the die-hards remained. The commander decided to disband the unit. They were not holding a centre, or defending home territory. A heroic last stand would be meaningless. So, he just sent everyone home.

They each had to make their own way back. The elves had gotten restless.

Eventually our man made it to the estate where he was born. The war had been their first. There was nothing left. What hadn’t been looted had been smashed and burned. Even the orchards.

There were no people. The big barn had served first as their cage, then as their crematorium.

He built an altar from some of the charred stone blocks. Said a prayer. Maybe he swore an oath, invoked the Whitestrake. Such men often do.

He knew enough to know who was ultimately responsible. Which elf. He decided to infiltrate the Worm Cult. To make the kind of difference that only a determined man with a dagger can make. He found some of them. They sent him north to Davons Watch to meet a contact. It’s the last thing he ever did before he was killed.

This empty skin that wanders the face of Nirn.
    PC EU
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is Magniel, Templar combat healer.

yELTIGP.png

I'd love for him to look like this if they ever allow shield+staff (maybe with a new Alteration staff?)
    Edited by Gnortranermara on April 11, 2020 11:49AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my back story is my reputation.
    latest?cb=20120810211213

Edited by Gilvoth on December 29, 2019 8:31PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When the god in question is the god of mortality you can't really expect his holy warriors to conform to the crusader stereotype.

The Character:

Ri-Ri'Maaszi-do = Most Holy Warrior of Necessity – he does whatever is needed.

Ri-Ri' - Doubly honoured, or Holy-holy, or Most Holy.
    Maaszi - Necessity, a synonym of inevitability, so also one of doom.
    do - Warrior

Khajiit, male, Necromancer, Vampire.

Like all my Vestiges this character is a vehicle for the Dreamer - a Shezzarine. An empty skin that wanders the face of Nirn. The Doom Drum that beats out the march of mortal Destiny.

IneHPRg.jpg

The Story:

In life every Vestige starts out as a mortal paragon...

It was the last night of Evening Star. An ominous night, approaching the darkest of midnights.

Not even the light of a single star shone down upon the strangely still and silent jungle.

The moons were dark. So dark it would be impossible to count them, even if anyone could have seen the sky through the clouds.

Through the jungle, on paws of silence, moved a senche. Her pelt as black as midnight on a moonless, starless night. Only her green eyes were visible, and held in her jaws something small and white.

She approached the old sanctuary. Moved up to the Black Door. Placed the white kitten upon the cold stone step next to the Night Mother’s children. She emitted one long, low growl, then closed her eyes and vanished into the darkness of that moonless, starless midnight.

And there, alone on that cold stone step, the kitten should have died. Perhaps he did…

In the cold, grey light before morning the old priest struggled up the jungle path towards the sanctuary. He had been granted a vision during the night, though for the life of him he couldn’t remember by whom. He thought it must be a prophecy. And as the first rays of the rising sun crested the horizon behind him, he saw that it was true:

"On the threshold of death you shall find him, bathed in the light of dawn’s beauty."
    "The warrior who guards the gateway to eternity."

The old priest was so shocked he fell to his knees. He swore under his breath. Two barely audible names. Then he felt his heart lurch. Watched as his vision faded to purple, then black. He was dead before his forehead hit ground.

The waking kitten opened his eyes upon the dawn of the new year, stretched his back and silently yawned.

PSJJJJ ANU PADOMAY < >
    PC EU
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    Indoril 'Saint' Nerevar

Ever since I picked up Morrowind: Game of The Year Edition for Xbox Original, I fell inlove with the game.

But the storyline on The Tribunal and all of that jazz extending down to The First Era and earlier, and how it all happened left so much mystery and curiosity to me. It was interesting. So naturally I dug into it.

So I decided to play as Indoril Nerevar for The Elder Scrolls Online. It worked out great with 'Saviour of Morrowind' titles and a guild called 'The Chimeri King' above my head. You get the right motifs, too and boom!

HELLO NEREVAR
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's 2! there's tobias wolf, a wood elf, and tobias blood wolf, a orc. they're boy freind and boy freind, and they are very much in love
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have somewhat of a backstory for my main, since the way he grew up (the people he was surrounded with, the things his family taught him, their ethics,...) really explains his way of thinking and his actions. It doesn't get much detailed, but... let's say, his parents were very typical members of Great House Telvanni. ;) There were certain disputes though...

More about his later evolvement here (it's a very picture-heavy thread, be warned):
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6604922/#Comment_6604922
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Exalted_Outlander
    Exalted_Outlander
    ✭✭✭
    i like to think of myself as an assassin within the covenant.
    Noxus The Strider | DC | Breton Magblade | alt
    Rykas Duneblade | DC | Redguard Stamblade | main
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if I would find an additional aspect of joy and interest in ESO if I could get some good idea of the identity/personality/outlook of my own characters. Tried it once in a forced way for a guild contest many years ago but it was not even up to "meh".

Anyone replying or reading in this thread, does having some sense of who your character is or their motivation make the game more engaging and enjoyable for you?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this