Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who is your ESO character?

• CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my main is a redguard. Represents my fiancee, of kenyan origin. She died of cancer three years ago with 33, so I have a somewhat very special relation to this character. Playing her, leveling her up, exploring the wide regions of Tamriel helped a lot to deal with the moments when sadness became strong.

I'm kind of proud that this character is the one of my 11 who has explored most, is grand master crafter, can craft even 9 most trait gear.

While this toon is still very active, I turned the Psijic Villa into a mausoleum, a really impressive, church like ambience for a place to stop and pray.

This is really sad but also beautiful at the same time - that you chose to 'immortalize' your fiancee this way, and I am truly sorry for your loss. My husband and I have been together for 10 years now and I can imagine what it must be like to lose your partner like that. Actually, I can totally see myself doing the same thing, if I were in a similar situation.

It's not quite the same, but in my head-canon my Bosmer NB is a werewolf (well, that part is not just my head-canon) and she's always with her own little pack consisting of a Markarth Bear Dog and a Highland Wolf. Both represent my actual dogs. An Akita, which is basically the real version of the Markarth Bear Dog, and a Malamute-Husky mix that looked very wolfish. She died in January and I could hardly bear it, but it does kind of help still having her around in a way in ESO. I never switch the two of them out, and they alway bring a smile to my face. :)
    Edited by CassandraGemini on November 19, 2019 12:01AM
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love TES so I'm really into character creation and stuff. I have a lot of characters designed but I have a couple of main characters I make in every TES game I play. They all started in Oblivion, but I ignore the time period difference between the games which doesn't bother me too much. There's a lot of details for my characters but I'll keep these short.

My first main character is a khajiit named Zirasha who was born and raised by her single mother Zira in the Imperial City (family name Rah). Her mother raised her as a skilled warrior and both have taken part in the IC Arena, Zirasha reaching higher ranks than her mother. She is the most skilled in fire destruction magic, unarmed martial arts, and short blade and usually combines all three when fighting (ESO's mag dragonknight is really good for this). The singleplayer games give a lot of freedom for builds so in ESO I compromise by playing her as a mag DK and a DK tank.

My second main character is a khajiit named Qa'Rirra who was born and raised by her khajiit mother Vara and imperial father Tillius in Gideon (their family name is Umbrius). Because of living in Gideon, she grew up immersed in Imperial and Argonian culture. In terms of combat she is really skilled at archery, stealth, and using knives/daggers. She is also a master acrobat and loves fishing. In ESO stam nightblade suits her the best. Her best friend growing up, Taalen-Ix, is an argonian with similar skills. Both are born under the shadow, so Taalen became a shadowscale assassin and was separated from Rirra, and the separation grief drove her to travel and become a contractual assassin.

My third main character is an argonian named Deeh-Baba who was born as a slave in Vvardenfell and was eventually abducted by a dunmer vampire mage named Salym Hlell under whom Deeh became an apprentice. Long story short he was abusive, Deeh became a vampire, and she developed her magic skills enough under him to escape him. Salym specialized in conjuration and mysticism magic, particularly blood magic and necromancy, and also illusion magic. Thus Deeh also specialized in conjuration and mysticism and, because of her many years studying by a master mage and spending her free time studying further, she is incredibly skilled in them. She also is experienced with enchanting and alteration magics. Because of her wide array of spell knowledge, in ESO, having 3 different characters for her fits her the best. I do pretty much the same thing that @AcadianPaladin does with their bosmer. I have NB, necro, and templar Deeh-Babas that all have the same look and are all called ''Deeh-Baba (insert title)'' so the game can distinguish them. This way Deeh can use whatever types of magic she feels like using at the time. Again the single player games make this easier.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pack consisting of a Markarth Bear Dog and a Highland Wolf. Both represent my actual dogs. An Akita, which is basically the real version of the Markarth Bear Dog, and a Malamute-Husky mix that looked very wolfish. She died in January and I could hardly bear it, but it does kind of help still having her around in a way in ESO.

why i want rat terriers added to pets

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In terms of attitudes, motives, image, or backstory, never seemed to get around to it for ESO. I wrote a backstory for a character once for a guild contest but it was kind of forced and it not very contest. When I was trying F2P MMORPGs in winter of 2015 while waiting for a beta invite to ESO one I tried was Neverwinter and I had a decent two paragraph backdrop for the character, but I've never been inspired to write or come up with one for any of my ESO characters. Enjoying reading what other people have come up with.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave all my characters little quirks. They each will have their own home and what gets put in the home will reflect the personality of that character. No real back stories though.

When I did the quests on my main she always told the truth if that was an option. She used to change outfits before every dungeon run but I kind of got away from that.

I have a Khajiit that will only wear Khajiit armor and only allows Khajiit made things in his home other than a few common items. I guess he likes to drink because a good portion of his home is dedicated to a bar.

I decided my master crafter had to travel to every zone to learn all the different traits and styles so his home has something from every zone that he picked up along his travels.

This is my Orcs home. I kinda need a story why he ended up here but haven't done it yet.

n6H0cPs.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pack consisting of a Markarth Bear Dog and a Highland Wolf. Both represent my actual dogs. An Akita, which is basically the real version of the Markarth Bear Dog, and a Malamute-Husky mix that looked very wolfish. She died in January and I could hardly bear it, but it does kind of help still having her around in a way in ESO.

why i want rat terriers added to pets

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In terms of attitudes, motives, image, or backstory, never seemed to get around to it for ESO. I wrote a backstory for a character once for a guild contest but it was kind of forced and it not very contest. When I was trying F2P MMORPGs in winter of 2015 while waiting for a beta invite to ESO one I tried was Neverwinter and I had a decent two paragraph backdrop for the character, but I've never been inspired to write or come up with one for any of my ESO characters. Enjoying reading what other people have come up with.

You mean terrier size rats. I would absolutely adore it. <3
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.... I have - um - 45 characters. I think. Anyway, yes, each of them is her or his own person/personality. I really can't post the entire "stable" of backstories - seriously people, that's probably tens of thousands of words.

Yep. I'm a very wordy old lady. All of my characters are fully fleshed-out, with backgrounds, families, and motivations. And when I'm inhabiting any one of them, I AM that person.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I make up brief backstories for each of my characters (even the ones I don't really play beyond leveling them) that set up basic personality stuff, where they came from and how they ended up getting sacrificed by the Worm Cult. I consider that to be the "true" beginning to the game, and each of them would be the Vestige in their own version of the story if I played through the quests with them.

There are a lot of them, so I won't post them all here. I've got their writeups (and pictures) in this post right over here.

My main character is the most developed, largely because of the internal RPing and associated fanfic writing I do while questing with her. Her backstory is pretty simple - stablemaster's daughter with a penchant for archery and exploration, nabbed by bandits while trying to deliver a horse to Aldcroft, coerced into doing their pilfering dirty work while she bided her time looking for a chance to escape, sold off to the Worm Cult and woke up in Coldharbour. Since then she's made lots of friends and enemies, fallen in love, saved the world a few times, and had more than her fair share of angst. It's been a pretty good ride.

Obligatory link to the thread where I write about Ilsabet's adventures, for anyone who has lots of time to kill
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sleeping all 18 of them has been asleep for an week and may stay there for ever as at this point i dont see me their master ever waking them again
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on November 19, 2019 4:20AM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never been into role play, I just play my first character the way I would in that situation, (minus the running for my life part, if I was actually there) What ever decisions I make I live with good or bad, more often than not I lean towards personal greed for my character but also making sure every possible character that I like survives wherever possible.

On other characters I put in less effort since I already know the outcomes/lack of outcomes of most quests.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    my character had to hit the road and adventure for a living because the brothel burned down.

:#
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proud highelf with a love for queen and dominion with an interest in knowledge.
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have backstories as such, but my characters all share similarities.

They are all women, all redheads with blue eyes, all the shortest possible for the race. They are all strong powerful independent women, who doesn’t flic in combat. They are brave and carries their integrity close to the heart. They try to do the right thing, without being a pushover.

My son says my bosmer looks like me. He also thinks I never would back down from a fight. She’s my soft spot. Shame on zos for destroying her culture.

My kitty is black though. Like a leopard, but still woman, blue eyes and a take no prisoners kind of attitude. I love this universe ❤️
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not every joins an RP guild and roleplays, yet many people have some idea (even if it's light head-cannon) of who their character is: personality, motivations, or something along those lines. Others may even have a small back story.

What kind of character do you play in this game? Who are they?
    I have backstories for my main Characters (aka, the ones I roleplay)

Leskandera - Sneaky Dunmer Bounty Huntress
    OepqKpd.jpg
    Growing up a servant girl in a small vvardenfell coastal village, Leskandera lost her home and family when she was barely out of childhood during the Akaviri invasion. Joining the army as scout to get revenge before even her burns had healed, she lived through the conflict, and later served as archer for the newly formed ebonheart pact, a career cut short when she and her unit were taken capive by covenant pirates. While she managed to escape, it left her stranded on the other side of Tamriel, in enemy territory, and she turned to a life as adventurer and thief to make her way, a career she would later expand into bounty hunting... the soulburst left her a little without direction, so she fell back to her old activities to make ends meet, always hoping to get one day retire and maybe start a small business selling potions. So far, she never even got close to her goal... and aware of that, she usually puts her focus on the matters at hand instead of her dreams.
    I even started on a more detailed backstory for her:
    The Veterans Tale
    The dunmer veteran leans back in his chair, glancing at you with his reddish eyes: "Leskandera? I have not heard that name in quite a while… Yes, I remember her, hard to forget that one, even though I only met her a few times, a while back... So, you want to hear a little bit about her? Well then, I can do that… as soon as I get another ale to wet my tongue…"

He takes a swig from the mug the barmaid places on the table, smacking his lips in appreciation of the brew, then looks back at you: "So, let me tell you about the time I first met her. It was about ten years ago, right in the middle of the akaviri invasion. I used to be a troop leader back then, before I took an arrow to the… what? How did you know about that? Anyways, the first time I laid eyes on her was when we were marching to face the invasion. We were camped near Bal Foyen, and there was this large group of refugees heading past us. You have to understand, the akaviri hit the coast hard, and those were the ones who got away, one way or another, a ragged bunch of people who had lost everything but their lives, fleeing the fighting in hopes of finding safety."

His face grimaces as he takes another swallow of ale, then continues: "See, back then things were not looking well for us. The invasion has come with little warning, and the akaviri were a vast horde, they had already devastated the nord countryside, and our coast, no one was sure we would be able to stop them, not even with the whole tribunal leading us against them. But we knew our duty, and we were going to meet them, and do our best... but noone knew if it was going to be enough. And so our commander stood before the refugees, and called out for any who could wield a weapon to join our ranks. He held a little speech of honor and duty, and we soldiers could see it fell on deaf ears, could see in their eyes those people had no fight left in them. And then that tiny girl stepped out from behind the others, barely out of childhood, clad in burnt rags, her black hair uneven, long on the right, scorched to her scalp on the left, half her body covered in crude bandages, with fresh burns visible beneath them. She looks pathetic at first glance, but she stepped forward and her good eye held a spark of something the others lacked. The commander looked at her and shook his head, saying we needed warriors capable of swinging swords, not slavegirls, and she replied in a rasping whisper that she was no slave, and didn't need to lift a sword to kill akaviri."

He takes another sip of ale, shrugging slightly: "So the commander looked at us archers and called for a test, I think more to shame other refugees to join us then anything else. We handed her the smallest shortbow, and gave her a couple arrows, pointing her at the targets we had set up. I don't think anyone expected much of her… an untrained servant girl, one eye covered with bandages, trying a bow for the first time? The bets were how many arrows she would waste before she gave up. But she took the bow and arrows, and went right to the target, no doubts or hesitation. Nocked her first arrow, drew back the string with some difficulty… we could see it was a strain for her, her arms trembling, grimacing against the pain she must have felt from her burns… and loosened, the arrow flying right over the target. A pang of laughter went through the troops, while she calmly picked up another arrow, shot again… and almost hit the center of the target. While the soldiers fell silent, she shot her third, fourth, fifth and sixth arrow, each hitting the target. She was untrained, and hurt, and yet… she had talent, and was smart enough to figure out the basics after one attempt. And she clearly had a score to settle with the akaviri. And we really needed everyone we could get. So, when we left to join the southern troops the next day, on our way to meet the enemy, she was one of the scouts."

He gets a strange look in his eyes, as if looking at something only he could see, ghosts of the past, perhaps: "…she may not have had the strength to draw a proper bow, and even if she could have, anyone without proper training was useless as war archer… you do know archery on the field of battle is not like hunting, right? We mostly shoot for range, not for a target, and that has to be trained in that, or its useless - after all, we need our arrow to arrive just as the enemy crosses that particular stretch of ground… anyways, scouts. Scouts are not proper archers, they sneak and report, and shoot only at short range, if they are discovered or meet an enemy scout, harass the flanks and all that. No special training needed for that… and she was small, easy to overlook, and if she got killed… well, it was war, we knew a lot of us would not make it through it alive, what matter would be one more? And from the look in her eyes, we expected her to at least take one or two with her if she went, likely stab them in the gut even as they ran her through, just to get back at them."

The veteran takes another long gulp of ale, then slowly shakes his head: "…it all went different then we feared, of course, Everyone now knows of the 'gorious victory'… that was the end of it, but at the start, it was blood and sweat. We did not know the nords would hit the akaviri from the north, we did not know the argonians were on their way to join us, we were not even sure how the tribunal would match up against whatever magics the akaviri had brought with them, we all half expected to die to buy everyone else time. And many of us did, and some came closer then anyone would like. It was like most wars, long periods of bored waiting and exhausting marching, and then short battles full of chaos and terror and noise and blood. Too many died during those days, both from the fighting, and afterwards, when there just were not enough healers to tend to everyone..."

He falls silent for a bit, then shakes his head as if to clear away memories, taking another swallow of ale to wash away the taste of rememberance: "Next time I saw that girl, it was the first night after the battles, when those who made it through drank with our new allies while the important folk were busy working out the ebonheart pact. She was sitting on the side of the encampment, her bandages gone, but the burns still scabbed over, not yet completely healed, looking out over the ocean where so many akaviri had drowned after we drove them into the sea, slowly sliding a whetstone over one of her daggers, the bow and quiver leaning right next to her. It was a curious sight, since everyone else but the guards had left their weapons in their tents and grabbed mugs and whatever food they could, that is why I noticed… it seemed like she was looking for something, and the cold glint in her eyes promised nothing good for when she found what, or who she might be looking for. Reminded me of a viper looking for an excuse to strike… I guess some people suffered more hurt at the akaviris hands then they managed to pay back, and she was one of those… I knew she would stay with the scouts then, many warriors would go home now that the war was over, but… she had no home to go back to I guess, and was still looking to cause some pain to balance the hurt she suffered."

He frowns slightly, then sighs as he raises the mug for another sip: "…sad thing, really… in another life, who knows what she might have become? But one cannot dwell on what might have been, I later heard her troop went west by sea with the nords now our allies and all that… no idea what happened to her after that. I only once saw her again, in passing, a couple years later during the brief reign of emperor aquilarios… before everything went to oblivion, quite literally as it happened. Back then, she was some freelance bounty hunter, so she must have left the scouts somewhen in between… I almost did not recognize the ragged figure in leathers with the twin daggers as the little girl with the bow, but that half burned face is not something easily forgotten I suppose. Must have fallen on hard times, taking jobs hunting vermin, the two-legged kind if you get my drift… but then, lots of soldiers who leave the army go that way, Either that, or become that kind of vermin… or somewhere in between. In any case, I guess the angry glint in her eyes had gone, and she seemed… distant. Most of the hunters are usually bragging or posturing, I remember her just taking the job, and turning to go do it, not a wasted word, walking past all the people as if she did not really see them. Usually when I see old soldiers like that, it means more stuff happened and not all of it for the better, you never know what memories they are keeping locked up inside…. Anyways, you would have to find someone else to ask if you want to know more of her from that time, I suppose…"

The Pirates Tale
    The breton seahand in the cell looks up at you, his chains clinking, glancing at you out of his one good eye: "Whadda ya want? More askin? Huh? Wha's dat about, is been years… awright, awright, doncha be doin dat, might's well tell ya. Da dark elf girl wif da burned face, huh? Weeell, been mebbe eight, nine years back, who's ta keep track, we was mabbe two, three weeks sailin' da sea of ghosts eastward outta northpoint, come dawn lookout spots himself a dark elf ship bearing west. We figured dem be slavers going fer raidin north wrothgar, whatfer else was a *** ship doin in dese waters? And seein how dem greenskins now was part of the covenant, da captain makin ready to take dem darn slavers, give em a taste of… eh, ya know. Got 'em wif dere breeches down too, half the crew still in de hammocks, good fer us, was more of 'em on the ship as we'd reckon. Nords too, wif da pact and all, course, we dinna know dat yet, back then. Okay, mebbe the lords an such back home, but we common folk hadna heard them news yet, just talk. So, we be catchin half of dem nappin, an take down de odders, scuttle de ship and gots ourselves de hold full of a near a dozen captives. Dem fried face, she wuz one of dem."

He gets into a fit of coughing, then leans back against the stone walls as it passes, stretching out his scarred legs on the straw littlering the floor: "See, the captain, he mighta been a landlubbing noble, but he wuz savy to see sumthin didna add up when nords an *** sail together 'stead of guttin each odder. So he tells us ta clap de wunz we got live in irons and not just send 'em down de deeps. I wuz leading 'em to da hold, four nords, scowlin an strainin wif dem irons, six ***, givin us the evil eye. Hadda break one of dem *** girls fingers so she couldna cast no magic, but fry face was no witch, jus some skinny girl, useless wif her bow gone. She gets taken to da captains, for 'inn-dero-gay-shon', jus like dem other girls, as we wuz sailin westwards, back fer northpoint. Talk was, the captain picked the pretty nord, an the two *** was gettin passed back and forth by the mate and bosun… we crew hadda wait our turn, so we was thinkin dems the lucky guys, getting some…"

The old pirate frowns slightly, a small shudder running through his grimy limbs: "…turns out, we wuz wrong. Fifth night back fer northpoint, just off da coast by farrun, there's a screamin comin from the captains. Not like dem odder nights, wuz the mates voice, we be knowin his redguard tone all day as he is shoutin orders. So we smash down the door, and find the captn and bosun lyin wif dem throats slit, and the mate bleedin out on the bed, clutching his crotch, all their… parts lying on da bloody deck. And the girls gone, out the back an in the sea. We wuz runnin top deck, raising torches to spot 'em, but… it wuz middle of the night, no moons to show us. But between dem cold waters up north and the slaughterfish all around, we figgered they were goners anyways, and we still gotta seven men ta give da lords in northpoint. An dats all I be knowin…"

The Thieves Tale
    The leatherclad khajiit leans against the wooden post as you enter your room, idly flicking a throwing knife in the air and catching it by the hilt while his other hand rests on one of his twin axes, looking at you with a toothy smile: "…this one has heard you have been asking questions, yes? Offering rewards for tales about a certain dark elf with a scarred face, maybe? Tales about things that happened years ago, things few witnessed and less remember? Might be that a few such tales are for the telling, if some coin was involved… might be that more such tales are best left being forgotten, lest misfortune befalls the one who asks… we understand each other, yes?"

He deftly snatches the purse you throw him out of the air, shaking it once to hear the clink of gold, then tucks it into his sash without looking at the contents, and nods towards you, motioning for you to take a seat at your table: "This one has a tale or two to tell you then… a tale of times past, a tale of tales even. It begins during the last year of the war between the old emperor Leovic and by Varen Aquilarios, who would later crown himself emperor. It was a time of troubles, with many imperials not knowing if their duty lay with the old throne, or the new challenger. A time of change, and time of… opportunity. A time where a handful of those who seek opportunities came together to find it in places that promised riches, but were nonetheless dangerous to enter alone. This little band of… adventurers… were led by an khajiit of supreme handsomeness and agility, who had invited an old acquaintance of his, an orc shaman who had proved useful in mending of wounds during other tales not to be told here, and she brought along two more women she had met back in wrothgar, a gruff nord barbarian, tall and wielding a large axe who looked quite handy to have around in a fight, and a quiet dark elf girl, with half her face covered in old burns, she seemed almost as quick with her daggers as the khajiit was with his axes."

He flicks an ear as he tilts his head, giving a chuckling purr as he continues: "…naturally the Khajiit was wondering about these new friends of his friend… and so she told a tale of her own, a tale of a chance meeting between an orc pursued by the guard for some misunderstanding, and three survivors from a shipwreck who had only made their way to shore because one of the dark elves managed to cast an freezing spell despite her injuries and created an ice shelf large enough to carry them past the slaughterfish to shallow waters. Naturally such a way of travel takes its toll, especially for those not as comfortable with ice and cold as nords, so the dark elves were both near death. Taking pity upon them and not at all thinking they might make a decent distraction for the guards following her trail, the orc tried her best to heal them as she could… sadly, the mage proved to be even beyond her skills, too long had her injuries been left untreated. But she saved the nord and the other dark elf, and they repaid her by helping her later on, and so they kept together as they made their way south from where the wrothgar guard was looking for them and into warmer climates…"

The khajiit blinks, slipping his throwing dagger in an unseen pouch as she shifts his weight against the post, eyeing the other chair, frowning slightly as be glances from it towards the door, then gives a half shrug as he continues his story: "This unlikely band of … adventurers… had a difficult time, as naturally nords and dark elves were as little welcome in bangkorai then they had been in wrothgar, or anywhere else in the territories of the covenant. Of course, all that could be avoided if one had coin to spend… sadly, the two survivors had none, even their weapons and clothing were of dubious quality, likely scavenged from old battlefiends. And so the Khajiit offered them a place in his opportunities, for a share of the rewards they might find, so that they might be able to make their way home. Of course, often promising opportunities yield less rewards then expected, and people have to eat as well, and replace broken gear, so the group would need to seek out more opportunities wherever they could find them."

He flicks his ear, then takes a step away from the post, moving towards the open window to glance outside, likely having heard something you did not, then leans forward against the windowsill, looking out at the moons as he resumes talking: "…it often was during nights such as this, that they would go and seek out opportunity. Often the orc shaman would be the only one seen, as people in bangkorai were growing accustomed to their covenant allies from the north, while the other three remained in the shadows as not to cause any… misunderstandings. The nord had little patience for that kind of work, often complaining about all that skulking around afterwards, but the dark elf girl took to it like a kitten to moon-sugar. And when the nord got her wish and there was a fight, the dark elfs blades found many an unsuspecting backside… she knew she was no match for any guard in a fair fight, so she did not fight fair, always striking from the shadows where she could, stabbing them in the back while the nord or khajiit drew their attention. Her daggers were short, but their edge was keen. But unlike the nord, she seemed to prefer if she could sneak past any guards without having to fight at all, a very sensible attitude this one shares himself. She also was good with locks, quickly learning from the khajiit to open them until she was almost as good at it then thi… that one."

The khajiit thief pauses a moment as his gaze sweeps over you, then continues a little more quietly: "She was a quiet one, that dark elf girl… often helpful, and sometimes generous, but like the moons, that one had her dark side too. When an opportunity went bad, and the group needed to get some questions answered that someone would not answer… it was her who started cutting off the skin from that ones fingers, one by one, until the questions were answered. She did it like it held no meaning to her, told what she would do, and then did it, before asking the questions again. And then slit his throat when she had the answers they had been looking for. This one thinks her friends saw her a little differently after that night, they always knew she could be dangerous, but… did not expect her to be able to become scary too. It is one thing to kill a man in battle, or if you think he would start a fight… quite another to carve pieces off someone like they mean no more then a slab of ham. Though this one thinks the nord at least must have seen this darker side of her before, as she seemed less then surprised."

He clears his throat with an low rumble that almost makes you want to imagine a khajiit hacking up a hairball, for all you know they do not eat their food alive and without skinning it like cats do, then sighs softly and carried on: "Of course, as all things do, the string of opportunities dried up, and the adventurers collected enough coin to each go their way. The Khajiit would not see the dark elf girl again until some time later, over a year or so after emperor Varen had been crowned. In that time, the khajiit through no fault of his own had fallen on hard times, and been forced to do things he would rather have avoided, running with… some undecent people. It was not to last, the khajiit knew that as the empire returned to its former state after the war, it would soon send soldiers to hunt them down, and thus he was looking for a way to leave these people without getting stabbed in the back himself, when one night something happened. One by one, they were found dead, some by blade, some by arrow, and none knowing who was after them. They retreated into a cave, figuring they would at least see whoever was going after them coming that way… it did not help, as those who saw died before they could warn the others. In the end, the ones who remained huddled together seeking strength in numbers… which made them an easier target for the arrows that came raining from above where the archer after them had found a stone ledge in the cave from which to shoot. The khajiit wisely hid behind some crates while the leader of the band, a big, burly redguard in heavy armor, charged the ledge intent on bringing the fight to the enemy. When the sounds of battle died down, the khajiit waited, stayed hidden, wishing whoever hunted them would pass him by. Imagine his surprise when he was found regardless, and looking up from his hiding spot saw a familiar scarred face. The dark elf girl was surprised as well, but for old times sake spared his life, as her bounty was on the redguards head, not khajiit tails. They parted ways, with the khajiit vowing not ever to fall in with that kind of people again, wandering west back to his homelands to sell the things the other bandits would no longer need, and she returning east to claim the price on the head she had collected. They never saw each other again."

The khajiit half turns to glance back at you over his shoulder: "…this one again offers a word of advice, free of charge… Do not ask any more questions where the girl with the burned face went next, what kinds of things she did next. The brotherhood she went to… would not like that. Some things are best left in the dark, where they belong. It would be most unwise to inquire any further, lest one may find oneself meeting ones ancestors before ones time, yes?"

He nods to himself once, then turns fully to give you a bow and a sly wink before stepping backwards to the window, and with cat-like agility hops through it, vanishing into the night after one last playful wave in your direction…

Kelasendar - Shy Dunmer Goth Librarian
    lOZjmwY.jpg
    Kelasendar grew up in a hlaalu town, the third son of a minor noble. He exhibited an talent for magic, which resulted in his family sending him off to further that talent, something he found he enjoyed a lot more then business deals, mostly for all the books he got to read. Having always been a bit of a loner, his insulation grew more pronounced during that time as he found books more to his liking as his fellow students. He eventually worked as librarian in the imperial city, but that life came to an end with the soulburst. In the times following, he closely associated with the mages guild, and generally tried to avoid all the unpleasentness around him… he usually fails at that, but keeps hoping that he might someday be able to spend his time in peace, reading books all the while again...
    ...still working on a detailed backstory for him.

Kes dre-Lana - Righteous Orsimer Amazon
    Hw6d1yH.jpg
    Kes was supposed to become a model orsimer forge-wife, but she had other ideas! Dissatisfied with her clans brutish ways, she found a way more to her liking in a passing priests sermons about Stendarr, vowing to devote her life to furthering justice and becoming a cruseding knight worthy of note (despite having only a vague notion of what that might actually entail).
    That naturally did not sit well with her clan, who exiled her, to be forgotten in foreign lands. Kes however saw this an an opportunity, signing on with the empire as mercenary in hopes of this leading her towards her goal... sadly for her, it led her towards coldharbour in the wake of the soulburst, but obviously that did not stop her from forever chasing her dream of becoming a true paladin!
    Edited by TheShadowScout on November 19, 2019 4:00PM
  • ZOS_Nith
    ZOS_Nith
    admin
    Wow! These are some amazing backstories! Thank you guys for sharing your characters with us. :)
    Staff Post
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    I adore questions/threads like these. My character(s) stories are quite lengthy and meticulous, though I have yet to write it all down here. I'll share an extract of the character I play with the most.
    What kind of character do you play in this game?

I play an Altmer, who used to be a Dunmer. How is this possible you may wonder?

Well, the short version of events are that they had a confrontation with Molag Bal and were cast out of Tamriel; aimed to spend their remaining days in Oblivion.

However, due to a magical transliminal deluge, they found themselves back into; unbeknownst to them, an alternate Tamriel.
    Things seemed to be as they were; they were slightly confused why they woke up in the Golden Gryphon Garret in Alinor, but they figured that happened due to the deluge mishap.

After all, it wasn't the first time they had woken up in a peculiar place after a drunken brawl.

That is.. until they looked into a mirror. Their hair length was the same, what a relief, thankfully no round ears, but, their skin, something wasn't right. What.. what happened? It seemed almost like they had turned into an Altmer!

(to be continued)

Non-rp version: I changed servers from NA to EUR and had to start over, so I decided to change my main character a bit.
    Not every joins an RP guild and roleplays

As a rp-enthusiast I have been looking for such a guild and people to rp with. Sadly, I have yet to find any. It would definitely add an enrichment to immersive gaming.

Here is Malian Admanen,
    before and after ⚔️

Rxc9f6.jpg
    Edited by Sylianwe on September 7, 2021 11:47PM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tobias bloodwolf.

he's a breton warden, grew up in the wild with a pack of wolves, and spends a lot of time making sure his body is peak physical condition, he grew up in hircince's hunting grounds, having survived, many hunts, and eventually found his way back to nirn, but continues to worship hircine.
    after returning to nirn, he fell victim to mannimarco and the worm cult, and found himself in cold harbor, since that day, he's held a huge dislike of high elves, and after defeating molag bal in 1v1 combat, he has sworn vengeance on meridia, for taking his new found friend, darien away, and hopes one day he'll be able to have the drink they'd discussed.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ka'atali the Stamina Nightblade, who's backstory I literally made up right now.

5baf5a9fd7388214cc3343f25ca616474727a28e.png

(Armor-less to see body markings if you want)
    tumblr_pyd46523fF1r5zp8to1_1280.png

Ka'atali was born 3E 554 outside Torval to a Baandari Mother. Because of the nature of the Baandari, Ka'atali's Mother could never be certain who the Father was, nor which Town or City he resided in as they had visited many in their travels. All she knew for certain that one passing encounter ended up gifting the Woman with her "Precious Moondrop". Being Baandari, Ka'atali went along with her Mother and the rest of their nomadic Clan on their travels in search of Trade, most of it local within Elsweyr. At an early age, Ka'atali was taught by some of the Caravan's protectors how to make use of a Dagger, and later Archery. She never developed much interest in becoming a Merchant, or a Dancer like her Mother, though that never stopped Ka'atali from dancing in private.

One season Ka'atali's Clan decided to cross the Topal Bay and Trade in Black Marsh, believing the exotic goods to be found there would bring them a hefty boon back home. Unfortunately for them, their relatively meager Caravan stumbled into a Dunmer Slaver expedition that overmatched the few Protectors they had. Seeing the Caravan as an added bonus to their intended quota of Argonians, the Slavers attacked. The Khajiit attempting to mount a defense resulted in the overzealous Dunmer slaughtering most, capturing only those who didn't resist, and were also young enough. It took less than twenty minutes for most of Ka'atali's Clan to be killed, and the rest put in chains. Ka'atali had watched her Mother be stabbed and left to die from nearby brush she had ran to hide in, her hand gripping, shaking the handmade Bow the Clan had gifted her as a coming of age present. From that moment on, Ka'atali had hated Elves for what they did to her family, however making a rare few exceptions over her travels such as the Assassin Naryu or the retired Thief, Velsa. As far as Ka'atali knows, she is the last remaining member of her Clan. Today Ka'atali has returned to Elsweyr, currently living in Senchal after helping aid the region with Queen Khamira.
    Edited by ArchMikem on December 31, 2019 3:53AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently working on fleshing out my characters. I have a few basic ideas about them. I set out with the intention of role-playing and just wanting to be able to do everything in the game and get achievements and my own personal goals have gotten in the way of my characters stories.
    I'm using dragon breaks, skooma, the meddling of daedric prince's as excuses for my characters fickle behaviour.
    My khajiit is from a line of renowned thieves and peddlars although she doesn't know it. She was abandoned and raised by a family who found her on a moon sugar plantation and they gave her everything they could . She is a very good and devout khajiit at heart but has a period of time when only darkness fills her heart after losing the love of her life. She joins the dark brotherhood for a time, eager to send souls to Sithis. She hears the call of the moons and reconnects with her khajiit heritage.

My breton is a from a noble background but naturally curious about magic given some of her elven blood. She becomes a vampire in the hopes it might strengthen her magickal abilities.

My redguard is a pleasure seeking pirate who does believe in honour but has had her rough edges sanded off by life. This character needs more work.

My orc is an archer and has had to fight to be valued for being able to use a bow to fight instead of some large 2 handed weapon. He has had many insults. He is a trinimac orc despite living in a home surrounded by Malacath icons. I haven't decided whether he is a wood orc or not. I need to check with the lore. Again needs more work.
    My argonian is considered slightly crazy by her tribe and it's suggested she ingested some substance which changed her as a child. She developed sorcerous powers as a child and was shunned out of fear and has developed a reclusive nature. She is an expert alchemist and enchanter. She moved to a secluded private island to continue her magickal research and development and funds her lifestyle by adventuring.
    My bosmer Necromancer grew up surrounded by bones and flesh of animals. Naturally her philosophy of not wasting things led her to necromancy and curiosity about bones and escaping death kept her going. Growing up in Valenwood she became sick of plant life after visiting other cities and doesn't want much to do with trees unless feeling particularly nostalgic. Her family have disowned her with disgust at her practices and she cannot go home.
    My altmer warden grew up in beautiful Summerset in a small village with plants and animals surrounding her. She connected with the beauty of nature and plants and followed a shamanic sort of initiation with her power animals. She will join the psijic order later. Magic just flows through her. Her family were vintners and she has an appreciation for good wine and the finer things in life.
    My imperial sorceror is a little rebellious in nature and an Abnur Tharn sort of personality. She uses raw physical energy to manifest her will and is very physically active. I don't know much about her yet.
    My Nord is very noble and with great physical prowess. He doesn't party as much as most nords and is the strong silent type. He is a werewolf and he loses himself in the transformation.
    My dunmer is a member of House Hlaalu and will struggle and strain to see the success of her ancestral line. She is less honourable than some Hlaalu and favours backstabbing, political machinations, intimidation or anything else to further her house. She was originally a follower of prophet veloth but turned to darker powers to help boost her house. She is an any means necessary type of person.

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was a man. He was born on one of those large agricultural estates in the heart of Cyrodiil. It’s not there anymore. The war saw to that.

He had a name. It is lost to memory.

He was quite short and wiry like most Nibenians.

He enlisted in the military, probably just to get away from the farm. He didn’t rise to high rank, but he did get noticed. They could see that he was special. He was recruited into a long-range reconnaissance unit attached to one of the frontier Legions.

He served as a professional soldier for many years both along and beyond the borders of the Empire. He was highly trained and highly experienced. Perhaps something of that still remains at an instinctive, reflex level.

When the Empire broke up most of the soldiers in his Legion deserted. No one was paying them anymore. There were no orders. No supplies. No more news from home. Soon only the die-hards remained. The commander decided to disband the unit. They were not holding a centre, or defending home territory. A heroic last stand would be meaningless. So, he just sent everyone home.

They each had to make their own way back. The elves had gotten restless.

Eventually our man made it to the estate where he was born. The war had been their first. There was nothing left. What hadn’t been looted had been smashed and burned. Even the orchards.

There were no people. The big barn had served first as their cage, then as their crematorium.

He built an altar from some of the charred stone blocks. Said a prayer. Maybe he swore an oath, invoked the Whitestrake. Such men often do.

He knew enough to know who was ultimately responsible. Which elf. He decided to infiltrate the Worm Cult. To make the kind of difference that only a determined man with a dagger can make. He found some of them. They sent him north to Davons Watch to meet a contact. It’s the last thing he ever did before he was killed.

This empty skin that wanders the face of Nirn.
    PC EU
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is Magniel, Templar combat healer.

yELTIGP.png

I'd love for him to look like this if they ever allow shield+staff (maybe with a new Alteration staff?)
    Edited by Gnortranermara on April 11, 2020 11:49AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my back story is my reputation.
    latest?cb=20120810211213

Edited by Gilvoth on December 29, 2019 8:31PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When the god in question is the god of mortality you can't really expect his holy warriors to conform to the crusader stereotype.

The Character:

Ri-Ri'Maaszi-do = Most Holy Warrior of Necessity – he does whatever is needed.

Ri-Ri' - Doubly honoured, or Holy-holy, or Most Holy.
    Maaszi - Necessity, a synonym of inevitability, so also one of doom.
    do - Warrior

Khajiit, male, Necromancer, Vampire.

Like all my Vestiges this character is a vehicle for the Dreamer - a Shezzarine. An empty skin that wanders the face of Nirn. The Doom Drum that beats out the march of mortal Destiny.

IneHPRg.jpg

The Story:

In life every Vestige starts out as a mortal paragon...

It was the last night of Evening Star. An ominous night, approaching the darkest of midnights.

Not even the light of a single star shone down upon the strangely still and silent jungle.

The moons were dark. So dark it would be impossible to count them, even if anyone could have seen the sky through the clouds.

Through the jungle, on paws of silence, moved a senche. Her pelt as black as midnight on a moonless, starless night. Only her green eyes were visible, and held in her jaws something small and white.

She approached the old sanctuary. Moved up to the Black Door. Placed the white kitten upon the cold stone step next to the Night Mother’s children. She emitted one long, low growl, then closed her eyes and vanished into the darkness of that moonless, starless midnight.

And there, alone on that cold stone step, the kitten should have died. Perhaps he did…

In the cold, grey light before morning the old priest struggled up the jungle path towards the sanctuary. He had been granted a vision during the night, though for the life of him he couldn’t remember by whom. He thought it must be a prophecy. And as the first rays of the rising sun crested the horizon behind him, he saw that it was true:

"On the threshold of death you shall find him, bathed in the light of dawn’s beauty."
    "The warrior who guards the gateway to eternity."

The old priest was so shocked he fell to his knees. He swore under his breath. Two barely audible names. Then he felt his heart lurch. Watched as his vision faded to purple, then black. He was dead before his forehead hit ground.

The waking kitten opened his eyes upon the dawn of the new year, stretched his back and silently yawned.

PSJJJJ ANU PADOMAY < >
    PC EU
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    Indoril 'Saint' Nerevar

Ever since I picked up Morrowind: Game of The Year Edition for Xbox Original, I fell inlove with the game.

But the storyline on The Tribunal and all of that jazz extending down to The First Era and earlier, and how it all happened left so much mystery and curiosity to me. It was interesting. So naturally I dug into it.

So I decided to play as Indoril Nerevar for The Elder Scrolls Online. It worked out great with 'Saviour of Morrowind' titles and a guild called 'The Chimeri King' above my head. You get the right motifs, too and boom!

HELLO NEREVAR
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    He is part of the Argonian organization known as “Vakka”, in the dry-skin tongue it is commonly known as “Sun-Scale”.
    Remnants from the old civilization, The Vakka are Warrior-Priests dedicated to the Sithis, the Sun-Shaper.
    Unlike Shadow-Scales, the Vakka operate on volunteer basis. Taking in orphans or any lost soul looking for purpose.

Upon completion of their training every initiate licks the sap of the Hist to undergo a transformation. Cleansed in light, they give up their old names and take up the title “Vakka”.
    In service they travel the land and eliminate threats to Argonian tribes and the rest of Tamriel.
    (Argonian Templar background that is free for others to use - join the Vakka)

Lanc9dP.png?1

Edited by Iccotak on February 22, 2020 2:57PM
  • ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭
    WbbAVpO.jpg?1

Serverus Ecru is a Knight of Sentinel.
    When I started the Beta back in 2104 I decided I wanted to run a PvP guild of all Redguard's and friends of the Redguards; so I chose The Order of The Candle which is (my guild name) a true Sentinel faction in TES lore. Here in 2020 I have 105 members and Serverus is still loyal to the Covenant and Fahara'jad King of Hammerfell.
    Edited by ServerusEcru on February 5, 2020 5:57AM
    "Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
    NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's 2! there's tobias wolf, a wood elf, and tobias blood wolf, a orc. they're boy freind and boy freind, and they are very much in love
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have somewhat of a backstory for my main, since the way he grew up (the people he was surrounded with, the things his family taught him, their ethics,...) really explains his way of thinking and his actions. It doesn't get much detailed, but... let's say, his parents were very typical members of Great House Telvanni. ;) There were certain disputes though...

More about his later evolvement here (it's a very picture-heavy thread, be warned):
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6604922/#Comment_6604922
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Exalted_Outlander
    Exalted_Outlander
    ✭✭✭
    i like to think of myself as an assassin within the covenant.
    Noxus The Strider | DC | Breton Magblade | alt
    Rykas Duneblade | DC | Redguard Stamblade | main
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if I would find an additional aspect of joy and interest in ESO if I could get some good idea of the identity/personality/outlook of my own characters. Tried it once in a forced way for a guild contest many years ago but it was not even up to "meh".

Anyone replying or reading in this thread, does having some sense of who your character is or their motivation make the game more engaging and enjoyable for you?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this