Maintenance for the week of November 30:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – November 30

Who is your ESO character?

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Not every joins an RP guild and roleplays, yet many people have some idea (even if it's light head-cannon) of who their character is: personality, motivations, or something along those lines. Others may even have a small back story.

What kind of character do you play in this game? Who are they?
Make-A-Friend! Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ and add someone new to your friend list ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My toons are sort of dungeons&dragons (2nd edition) renegade drow raiding party:
    - 2 drow elves - mage/thief (magblade) and fighter/cleric (tankcro)
    - winged elf (avariel) ranger/cleric (bow+s&b stamDK)
    - rashemen barbarian (redguard stamden)
    - couple of human fighters (nord NB tank and imperial stamsorc)
    - bunch of slaves
  • Plodeoca
    Plodeoca
    ✭✭
    My woodelf is a simple adventurer, that became a mercenary to gain money and glory. Tell him what to do, and he will do it on the fastest way possible.
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    I have only 1 character - he is a nord and is loyal to Ebonheart pact. He is far from home, traveling as mercenary on his time away from the Grand Army. When duty calls he joins Cyrodiil battles for glory.

His job is killing. He is good at it. He counts heads and sees AD as main enemy and a blight of Tamriel. He drinks and fights and looks to meet interesting characters during his travels. He despises most of them, because most of them are primitive and naive - badly written.

One of his goals is to become Cyrodiil legend and earn his place in the halls of gods. Another - to buy a proper fortress in Riften and settle there with lots of comrades (when NPC will be introduced to housing).

OOC - trying to get into ESO world little by little, its a bit hard after playing Swtor for years :)
  • Snaekd
    Snaekd
    ✭✭✭
    A deadbeat, downtrodden undead argonian priest of Peryite is my main character pretty much since I first started playing. I did dabble in RP and fan fiction back in the day, so he has quite an extesnive backstory involving few other my toons, guilds I have been to and other players' characters. Oh and by the way
    [PC EU] DD lfg vSCP hm (need title much)
    please be patient
    I have eutism
  • wtlonewolf20
    wtlonewolf20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have tons of toons but my mains are:
    An imperial who was raised in the rift as a young adult he joined the Imperial legion and rose to the rank of captain, however during a campaign his forces were left to die and he and only a few of his crew escaped back to his home in the rift. He is a storm blade using wind and lightening in his attacks.

My crafter is a nord researcher that is obsessed with dwemer technology. She recently discovered a hidden workshop in the frost vault. From which many secrets have been discovered...
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No backstory. Just memes.
    vZMMINH.jpg
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What, no Krissmiss Dae?
    signing off
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My characters are generally all various incarnations of the same archetype: a [email protected], smol little take-no-prisoner female. She's capable, strong, hotheaded, incredibly intelligent, and fiercely independent. No backstories there, just a toon who can be bloodthirsty and merciless when need be but generally strives to be compassionate and do the right thing.

I guess that I did get a little hung up when I started playing magicka toons- I will ALWAYS prefer Bosmer, but I'm also a min/maxxer and Bosmer make shite mag toons. I make them all Breton but create them to look as Bosmeri as possible and have convinced myself that they're actually Bosmer with a bit of Breton in there u.u
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A soul-less prisoner that is no longer a prisoner.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my characters are travelers at heart. They thrive under the pressure against some of Tamriel's toughest enemies. Too many to name but Odovacar the Merciless is their leader ;) ,
    Father of 3 ESO player - Daily late night logins ; )
    RIP my Eldest son Aiden who we lost to brain cancer 7/13/20.

If you want to achieve higher rewards it will not be easy, at first. Never give up on yourself IRL or in-game!

PS4: NA & EU
    Remember to have fun because at the end of the day that's what this whole gaming thing is about.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mine is guy who woke up at the shores of Stonefalls and going through a journey to save the world of Tamriel from evil gods...

he has no memory of growing up in Tamriel but often had dreams of being a "pilot" flying through deep dark space, or a monk fighters with glowing sabers, or meeting a pair of little folks with a journey to destroy some kind of magic ring.........

(TLDR; i create and name the same single-character from all MMO I played)
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
  • soundillustrations
    soundillustrations
    ✭✭✭
    All my characters have some deep lore to them actually, and I try to dress them accordingly and develop them into their builds as well that fit their lore.

My main, a half imperial redguard sorcerer, was apart of the imperial legion when the chains fell, and now strives to joing Sai to become a dragongaurd - she feels nirn shouldn't have to face another crisis like Molag Bal again dragon flavored. she trained in the daedric arts to learn to banish daedra and fight them better because of the assault on the imperial city- and uses those skills to fight the dragons of Elsweyr.

I have a sorcerer tank who is an imperial as well, and is in character wise, a former legion zero that fights her soul from shriveling up and seeks to use the last bit of her sane physical form to fight the evils of tamriel.

Then I have a warden tank, who gave up in life and now bakes bread in summerset for life.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King
    Twitter | Twitch
    Your skins clears mean nothing to me if you can't do vMA.

• Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO is not my heavy RP game, but I did RP my main for a bit in the first few months after launch.

She's a Redguard DK in the EP. Her house had contracted with a Dunmer house (for ... stuff I don't recall any more) and her cousin was to travel to seal the deal. He fell ill so she went in his stead to honor the contract, but the Dunmer declared it null for the wrong person showing up. A specious argument but they wanted to ditch the contract. She was left high and dry in Stonefalls and set out to take on other contracts (ie quests) that suited her honor. When a quest offered optional paths I picked the one that kept her in line with her original agreement, and if npcs asked me to kill them I did since they were asking for an honorable end.

None of my others are all that fleshed out:
    Altmer Sorc -- named and designed after my WoW Belf Mage, but I don't know who she is in Tamriel other than her glamorous aesthetic.
    Imperial Templar -- No nonsense field medic, sensibly armored for her own protection, not the nicest bedside manner.
    Imperial Nightblade -- Street rat orphan, burglar rather than mugger, wears a crop top to show her tattoos. Basically my inverting of the Imperial "we are more important than you" trope, she's not at all socially polished.
    Breton DK -- made to have a Magicka DK. My only male character. He's a fop, egotistical, and supremely proud of his magnificent mustache.
    Khajiit Warden -- made to test out Warden back at Morrowind launch. She's practical and takes her duties seriously, but considers lightfingering goods to be a duty, or at least a way to get the pay she deserves.
    Breton Necromancer -- Going to re-make her, she's only just out of starter zone and I don't like how I designed her. I tried to recreate my cheerful GW2 necromancer and she looks terrible in ESO graphics and just doesn't fit the setting, so at some point I'll come up with a better Tamriel raiser of the dead.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    (TLDR; i create and name the same single-character from all MMO I played)

I do that too. :) Although I also adapt her backstory to suit the game, because it bothers me to have a character without a backstory. Before I've decided what it is I usually say they won't talk about it.

And sometimes they never tell me everything. I still don't know why my khajiit was imprisoned in Oblivion, only that she "didn't do it". (Which probably means she did and is embaressed she got caught.)
    PC EU player. | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zephard wrote: »
    My characters and my wife's characters are all couples. So 6 each.

We have :
    Our first characters made - Male HE Templar tankish Healer and Female Wood Elf Sorc dps (not married, so not same last name) backstory is well his family won't accept her

The rest all have the same last names:
    Male Khajiti DK (Tank) and Female Wood Elf Warden (Bow/Bow DPS), they both like the wild side. (our Mains)

Male HE Warden healer and Female HE Sorc dps, they are our prime and proper.

Male Imp Stamplar dps and Female Imp DK tank, (just trying to make it in the world)

Male Imp Warden tank and Female Breton Warden healer (he started out as a Breton but convinced her to let me race change when they gave us the free race change tokens)

Finally with much push, got her to be a Khajiti

Male Khajiti magplar and Female Khajiti magplar (our newest couple)

These are all focused on PvE. She does not like them to be played mixed couples. So the double magplars are for Trials so we play on a couple rather than two different dps characters.

So not a ton of backstory, but no cheating on each other by hanging out with another couples spouse.
    Not sure if we are going to make the Warden tank/warden healer couple PvP or make a new couple, which would probably be Wood Elf, the Male just got to be taller than the female.

Happy wife, happy life. Or so I’ve heard.
    Also male Bosmer are canonically shorter than female Bosmer ;)
    Edited by max_only on November 19, 2019 2:30AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually play my characters for a while before I start defining a story for them. The character I've just started, number 18, is a stamcro. He uses blastbones, archer, healer and Summoners Armour. It feels very different to my other characters, more like squad-level combat, not so much like I'm playing a single hero. Reconciling a team narrative with the whole Vestige thing is going to be fun. And dreaming up a persona for the blastbones is going to be just crazy.
    PC EU
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My High Elf is a Mercenary/Handy Man/Hitman that sells his services to whomever will pay with little to no questions asked who's countless war crimes in Cyrodill were pardoned by King Emeric and Queen Ayrenn.

He swore a blood oath to the Ebonheart Pact and sadly he is bound to the Pact by forces that transcend this world. He would love the chance to betray his fellow Pact members for there toxic and stupid behavior
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.