The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lets talk theorycrafting - lemme hear about your most successful off-meta builds!

• OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    Def my stam-warden healer is my pride and joy, as she gets skins with friends, and various achievements. As ZOS updates the warden, I get more tweaks here and there.

I've been developing 'RP builds' where a character can only use sets from their 'country of origin', which has been fun, and look forward to clearing vMA with them.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

Options
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just take alcast builds and replace one skill and one set so I can berate people for being meta sheep.
    Options
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SidewalkChalk5 - Thats dope you have a playstyle that resembles your real life! What class is your stam healer? A warden i assume?

Yep, my stam healer is a Wood Elf/Leprechaun Warden named Lucky O'Shroomly!
    Options
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    Wood elf running naked through the trees......nothing but a smile!
    @Joxer61

post-2-1476987521.jpg

touché' and nice job!!!! ;)
    Options
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found mag necro hard and have played it and theory crafted alot. Anyway, with dragonhold I went back once more and theorycrafted it again with new sets and the results are insane for such a buggy class. I'm pleased that it works wonders now :smiley: If anyone wants it is here:

https://youtu.be/vgZTpuS-pik

Enjoy
    Dan

P.s. I've also theory crafted a stamden and have been testing it. Medium armour with 37k armour, 3k crit resistance, 5.8k weapon damage, 29k-32k stamina, 12k magicka, 31.4k hp and 1700 regen+. It's an absolute beast and will be making a video soon on my channel. Such a strong class and theory crafting is even better when you design something and it works.

Got a few more builds crafted but need testing for dragonhold but all follow my same approach which is to have a balanced set of stats. How do people build and theory craft?

Edited by Unified_Gaming on November 2, 2019 2:49PM
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I found mag necro hard and have played it and theory crafted alot. Anyway, with dragonhold I went back once more and theorycrafted it again with new sets and the results are insane for such a buggy class. I'm pleased that it works wonders now :smiley: If anyone wants it is here:

https://youtu.be/vgZTpuS-pik

Enjoy
    Dan

P.s. I've also theory crafted a stamden and have been testing it. Medium armour with 37k armour, 3k crit resistance, 5.8k weapon damage, 29k-32k stamina, 12k magicka, 31.4k hp and 1700 regen+. It's an absolute beast and will be making a video soon on my channel. Such a strong class and theory crafting is even better when you design something and it works.

Got a few more builds crafted but need testing for dragonhold but all follow my same approach which is to have a balanced set of stats. How do people build and theory craft?

Nice, I took my stamwarden healer for a spin today and it needs some work.

Usually I have benchmarks I try and hit. Once I have x sustain, x resists, then I try and get max stats and see what the builder will get me. I always fine tune skills with playtesting.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sup Mayne 😁 Elegant body/Undaunted infiltrator back bar willpower lightning Front bar. Can run double pet heavy attack or load up alot of max mag/ crit with Bound and inner light. Max out Ult and watch them melt thru heavy attack or light spam with elemental weapon. Hits haaaaaard

Options
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    On mobile so sorry if i miss replying to anyone!

@MincVinyl - Ok i definitely get what you're saying now, before it kinda came across to me as you were a magsorc main who was salty the same playstyle isnt still viable lol.

I do agree though, the fact that a nub can throw on certain sets/skills and be just about as strong as an experienced player with an "active" play style is something i have complained about many times. But i don't see it changing.

As far as overload, yes i have tried using it before, and the toggle definitely sucks, and it is buggy. Which is partially why i dislike pure overload sorcs - why tf would you build to do nothing except streak away or spam overload? Sounds pretty passive to me.

Though my opinion is probably influenced by a small group on ps4, who exclusively use overload and hardcast Frags.

@thesoundofwolf @SidewalkChalk5 - Awesome! I've wondered how viable a stamden healer is in pve, but if you're getting skins with it i think my questions answered lol.

@Unified_Gaming @Iskiab - I would hate to fight your magcro, it looks super op, and i definitely struggle against necros since i have no first hand experience with them. Most arent too strong, but when i fight one that is im usually in trouble lol.

As far as how i theorycraft, it's honestly a lot of time spent off game looking at different sets, skills etc. For a long time i used shackle on nearly everything, so often i would just try to pair things with that.

Lately though, I've been more looking at sets that have unique-ish bonuses.

For example impreg. With impreg infused jewelry, i can pair it with just about any set and still have good dmg/regen, while opening up the use of divines, well fitted, etc.

Or say, battlefield acrobat. Everyone knows its a great sustain set, but back when it first came out i had an idea for a magblade, using acrobat jewelry n stages along with..uh..the mag version on body. Never tried it but i still think itd probably work.

Basically i try to think of two sets that could be combined, to gain a unique advantage that most people wouldn't have.

@Lokey0024 - Yo! Was wondering when someone from in game would pop up lol. As far as that build...gross. I know from experience how strong heavy attack builds can be, and with overload and 2 sets buffing them, that's just op lol.

Just a suggestion, but try that out on a dk with armaments - my dk runs with like no regen, since he's argo, so i heavy attack a lot, and even with just normal damage sets that heavy attack is brutal. Not sure what my lightning heavys hit, but I've seen 6-7k commonly, and as high as 12k from an inferno heavy lol.

Options
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Gatdangmayne Yeah I was so happy when i cleared out with 4man skins on T'Sha (my stam healer)- but I also approch 4man healing more like a bard.
    buff people to make them do more pew pew, debuff so things die faster, provide synergies so the tank doesn't get thirsty- and add some DPS to the pot.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

Options
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gatdangmayne
    well what I mean by passive isnt passive vs aggressive playstyle like a stamsorc gets very up in your face where a magsorc might pick you off from a distance. Im talking about actions per minute essentially where a passive playstyle does minimal work vs an active one. (almost like passive abilities vs slot-able skills)

ex: a perma block build is a form of passive tankiness, all he does to be "tanky" is hold block and only come up to breath every so often. Thus he is doing little to no work, essentially like blocking is a passive skill to him. An active build would be like a sap tank or a shield sorc, without constantly changing inputs to account for the situation they will die.

a damage example is just dots passively do guaranteed damage, where direct abilities generally can be dodged or seen coming.
    I mainly play Dizzy stam sorc, but have played pretty much every class mag/stam in pvp and there are most certainly ways to build each class to be more active while fighting instead of having dots to do the work.
    Options
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks :) You may like my stamden build that I've recently theory crafted and have since released:
    https://youtu.be/gMeHiEqqHrc

It's a great build and I love this aspect of ESO - designing a build, refining it and min-maxing it to the point it is unkillable.... * I mean balanced ;)

Anyway, I hope this helps you guys :)
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
    Options
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I decided to do vMA recently on my NB and for some reason wanted to use Hundings and NMG for old times sake and I was surprised how great that combo still is.
    Options
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    I decided to do vMA recently on my NB and for some reason wanted to use Hundings and NMG for old times sake and I was surprised how great that combo still is.

I recently did vma on StamSorc with NMG and Automaton! NMG is great in vma as a source for Major Fracture.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
    Options
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So i love theorycrafting and trying out weird builds in pvp, most are total ass, but when it works, it works.

Posting this because i always said medium was better than heavy..until i made a SnB/bow nord warden with max resistances, mag for wings, ice shield and lotus, crazy ult gen (like dawnbreaker IN my perma), 3k health recovery, oh and fully buffed ~5k wpn damage.

So, now I'm brainstorming how to make heavy builds on all my stam toons lol...

Anyway, let's hear those builds!

melee magsorc (sometimes hybrid) S/B

Rune + hard cast frags + shielded assault + elemental weapon. Frags iyf if it procs.

Matriarch as assistant for heal and to get extra magicka (necropotence)
    Edited by Xvorg on November 5, 2019 1:14AM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2H/2H DK DoT build with Unfathomable Darkness and Cauterize other morph, the one that throws fireballs every 5 sec.

Crow + fireball + Nox Breath + poison claw with Axe 2H both bars, Deadly Strike, 81 point Thaum CP, Onslaught ulti on one bar, DK Leap on the other. Valkyn Skoria.

the crow and fireball can hit up 5k, it's fun.
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    So i love theorycrafting and trying out weird builds in pvp, most are total ass, but when it works, it works.

Posting this because i always said medium was better than heavy..until i made a SnB/bow nord warden with max resistances, mag for wings, ice shield and lotus, crazy ult gen (like dawnbreaker IN my perma), 3k health recovery, oh and fully buffed ~5k wpn damage.

So, now I'm brainstorming how to make heavy builds on all my stam toons lol...

Anyway, let's hear those builds!

U gain 125 ultimate in less than 8 seconds? I call bs.

Nord, Bloodspawn, that 2H AA sword that gives back ulti when u do reverse strike....

that, in middle of zerg, spamming Nox Breath (or any AoE DoT) and Reverse Strike....

It's technically possible, even if the probability is extremely low. I had Onslaught effect (when its 8-sec still) still active when I pulled a DK Leap.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering my general build strategy with my Magplar main has usually been “MORE MAGIC!!!” I’d say that it would be pretty off meta.

Regen? Who needs it!

Let’s get to 60K magic and melt noobs by looking at them.
    Options
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of my "just for fun" PVE builds is a heavy attack, dual pet (Volatile Familiar, Twilight Tormentor) MagSorc with Necropotence, Infallible Aether, and either Valkyn or Domihaus for the monster set. Staffs are both lightning with a Maelstrom on the back bar. Mundus is The Thief. Front bar is pets, Structured Entropy (DOT and extra healing), Daedric Prey (damage and pet damage boost), and Hardened Ward. Back bar is pets, Unstable Wall, Lightning Flood, and either Critical Surge or Boundless Storm.

Keep the ward, surge/boundless, and Entropy up, and you're hard to kill. If you keep pulse up on Familiar, Unstable Wall down (with Maelstrom for the HA boost), the HA boost/Minor Slayer/extra crit/Minor Vulnerability from IA, Entropy/Flood/Prey as needed, as well as the Tri-Focus/Ancient Knowledge/unbalance passives from the destruction staff, damage is also very good.

Great build for just relaxing and soloing stuff.
    Options
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    come back to the game after a few ...after a long time, and the meta and off meta seem to have switched. Gankblade seems to be non existent, but high resistance burst builds are the theme.

my Stam DK, Orc still holds his own with medium armour and impen, running willows path, beekeeper, selenes, steed mundus but I'm moving away from the health recovery/speed theme.

my plans moving forward to try next though:

winterborne, ice furnace, trying to decide if maybe it would work with tremor scale or spawn of maphala best, ...some kind of snare, though with a DK fossilise and talons maybe a bit overkill.......hmmm. still i like the thought of using ice staff so my stam is only used to break free or dodgeroll

though i also want to farm some spell strategist to go with elemental succession maybe kena, light into heavy attack glass cannon build. love that they changed that succession set from maelstrom, even more pleased i kept it in the bank.
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I took a break from it for a while but about a day ago I started trying trying level up my High Elf necro hybrid. Wish me luck in making it work. I have some sets in mind.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is a DPS/Healer hybrid. It's a far superior playstyle to "meta" healers, IMO.

One of my alts is a stam healer, which is much less effective, but super fun.

(I'm a former combat medic IRL, so it's a playstyle that jives with me.)

What do you use for your DPS/Healer hybrid? I would like to make my magicka warden a DPS/Healer hybrid, focusing on ice and nature magic. I imagine sets that simply increase magicka and spell crit would benefit both, perhaps with one 5-piece benefitting heals and the other DPS?
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    My main is a DPS/Healer hybrid. It's a far superior playstyle to "meta" healers, IMO.

One of my alts is a stam healer, which is much less effective, but super fun.

(I'm a former combat medic IRL, so it's a playstyle that jives with me.)

What do you use for your DPS/Healer hybrid? I would like to make my magicka warden a DPS/Healer hybrid, focusing on ice and nature magic. I imagine sets that simply increase magicka and spell crit would benefit both, perhaps with one 5-piece benefitting heals and the other DPS?

Just go max stats. Crit is one of the best healing stats along with sustain and healing done.

Maybe Orlorime and mother’s sorrow. IDK.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just cant imagine NOT playing with a minor slayer set, the companion set could be anything, but gee whiz I love me some minor slayer.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just cant imagine NOT playing with a minor slayer set, the companion set could be anything, but gee whiz I love me some minor slayer.

Yea that’s true. Someone mentioned Orlorime and Master Architect with resto Ult spam as a magblade. They sounded like they have more experience then me, maybe they’ll pipe up. Should work as other healers too.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    Options
  • wanders_the_swamps
    TBois wrote: »
    I run Overload on my stam sorc.

https://youtu.be/X4AMdfclbG0

I am working on a similar setup now with vMA frost staff back bar.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=186569

Should have some gameplay footage of within the next couple of weeks.

I don't know how I ended up watching the entire video :D , good songs and valiant effort! , I was hoping you would capture the flag back at the end
    Edited by wanders_the_swamps on November 11, 2019 10:02AM
    Options
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    I run Overload on my stam sorc.

https://youtu.be/X4AMdfclbG0

I am working on a similar setup now with vMA frost staff back bar.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=186569

Should have some gameplay footage of within the next couple of weeks.

I don't know how I ended up watching the entire video :D , good songs and valiant effort! , I was hoping you would capture the flag back at the end

Haha, I appreciate that! I was thinking of cutting it all into just short clips of the deaths, but I liked the flow of the whole fight.

I kept hoping they would get tired of coming back. Those DC were quite persistent though.
    Edited by TBois on November 12, 2019 1:57PM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
    Options
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a PVE garbage person, so I play for fun. Here is my current build:
    Hybrid Magplar DPS/healer
    High Elf
    All Gold
    Destruction Mastery Armor - all divines
    Iceheart Head and Shoulders - divines
    Mother's Sorrow Jewlery/ Ancient Grace 2 mag recovery/1 spell dmg
    Mothers Sorrow - Flame Staff - flame enchant
    Master's Resto - Mother's Resto - shield enchant
    Shadow Mundus

Options
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealthing Stam Warden "Snowboarder": New Moon Acolyte, Spriggans (or new dragonguard set I've been too lazy to unlock yet), Balorgh or Balorgh/Kena mix, vamp, Lover or Warrior. 2H/charged Ice staff with Ice enchant on back.

From stealth, Cast sub assault at max blockade range, bar switch, Blockade (almost always freezes due to charged and destro passives), bar switch, Crit Rush, shalk with fracture goes off just before impact of Crit rush. Executioner. Ult as needed. Run away and restealth with Mist. You ride the blockade with your shalks to the target.

Probably been done and not all that good, but fun and funny looking if on a female bikini wearing toon similar to the one already posted in the thread.
    Options
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    Most of my builds are off meta, I feel like it’s more fun. One of my most successful PVP off meta is definitely my Nord frostden. I made her Nord because who better to be a frost mage? I run winterborn and ysgramor. Iceheart. Dual frost staff. Permafrost ult fb. Icy rage bb. Living trellis and lotus blossom makes her pretty tanky because of the constant heals and once I have people snared in my ice fields I can just drop permafrost and burst people down with force pulse. She’s great in either BGs or Cyro but really stands out in the tight zones of BGs because of all the snares, and I definitely miss the stun on permafrost but it still works. Bird of prey makes her really mobile so I basically just drop blockade of frost and winters revenge and run around roll dodging through my ice fields. Wherever people fight me I turn it into a winter wonderland. Gankblades hate me. Nothing funnier than a gankblade jumping on me and then getting melted backpedaling out of my AOE trying to re stealth. 😂 no come take this ass whooping.
    Edited by ImSoPro on November 17, 2019 7:47AM
    Options
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might as well update this thread while I'm stuck in a car lol.

Still experimenting as i can, though playing less due to performance mainly. Anyway, finally got my ad toons back in cyrodil so i can play stamsorc again, and try out my dunmer plar as stam also.

Been running a combo of shackle/hunding/7th/deadly/etc, all pretty similar Imo.

Had a lot of fun on my templar though- heavy snb front bar, potl invasion jabs, with 2h rally/mist and bats backbar. Started just for *** n giggles, was pretty op tho tbh.

I have a nord stamden, and I've tried so many mag setups, but maan...magden is just a less effective and fun stamden after maining stamden so long lol.

Though the hybrid warden build is definitely something i need to look at again i think.

Still tryna get a good pelinals build for my orc sorc. Best I've thought up so far is 5h/1/1, pelinal, balorgh, and...

Spinners snb nirn+infused wpn dmg jewelry?

Hulking or Necro to boost my "off" stat?

7th/fury?

?

Idk. But it's a shame the performance is as bad as it is right now because class balance wise its pretty great, --mostly.

Options