The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Reflective Plate. Why the change should be reverted. Comparison of DK treatment with other classes

• josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be happy to get rid of Streak if it means getting rid of Cloak, and staying rid of wings. Sounds like a win-win-win to me.

Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on September 24, 2019 11:56PM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will be happy to get rid of Streak if it means getting rid of Cloak, and staying rid of wings. Sounds like a win-win-win to me.

Ye it will happen further down the track.
    Why dont you play tetris in the meantime? Come back later and enjoy an empty game
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 25, 2019 12:19AM
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ye it will happen further down the track.
    Why dont you play tetris in the meantime? Come back later and enjoy an empty game

Just so long as they don't play Tetris 99 online with me.
    Every tetromino will be converted to a 2x2 square by the next patch.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50% damage reduction on projectiles is one of the best buffs in the game, period. Any other class would be THRILLED to have it. The problem is that it only renders attacks mostly ineffective and only makes the DK almost unkillable. Spoiled DKs like the OP want a spell that renders them TOTALLY IMMUNE to projectile damage, LOL. Nah, scratch that, they want to be immune to damage AND to kill enemy casters with their own reflected spells!

Oh shut up.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    50% damage reduction on projectiles is one of the best buffs in the game, period. Any other class would be THRILLED to have it. The problem is that it only renders attacks mostly ineffective and only makes the DK almost unkillable. Spoiled DKs like the OP want a spell that renders them TOTALLY IMMUNE to projectile damage, LOL. Nah, scratch that, they want to be immune to damage AND to kill enemy casters with their own reflected spells!

Ill take your bolt esc. You can have the 50% ranged dmg reduction.
    It will look cool with my Wings animation. How thrilled do you feel on a scale of 1-10?
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 25, 2019 1:53AM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wings buffs sucks it’s not worth it I get more survibilty with resto staff HoT or dampen magick.
    What wings did was allow you to ignore the people who just spammed crap at you while youbwhere attack someone else. 50% projectile dmg reduction is a crap buff which is why almost all dks dropped it.
    I would 100% take streak over new wings any day.
    Edited by lucky_Sage on September 25, 2019 4:41AM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should have just increased the cost by a decent amount every time you use it within 6 seconds or something. Same thing as ball of lighting/stresk
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Mayrael wrote: »
    As I said many times before. Wings had no counter. No slotting one non reflectable skill is not a counter, slotting more is killing your build just to counter one skill of a one class (unlike with cloak where you don't even have to slot any additional skills, just use det potion like I do).

I voted for making wings to reflect 3 projectiles per user not per cast as it used to be only at range greater than 10m, unfortunately DKs wanted to preserve their I win button vs ranged classes, so they lost their crutch.

I still think that change proposed above would be more balanced and more fun for DKs (big middle finger to snipe spammers and the rest cowards that are afraid to get closer) and possibility for fair fights vs enemies that don't afraid to brawl in close range.

Don’t most ranged classes have the advantage though when the dk doesn’t use wings? So how exactly is it a “I win button”

Lol seriously. It was I win button because of what you wrote. Eventhough ranged had a bit of advantage vs DKs that didn't used gapcloser just because [insert some excuse], when DK started to spam wings it was pointless to fight them despite they were trash players. This skill was carrying bad players for far to long.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "jUsT DiSiNgAgE"
    Are you kidding me...
    *Joins a BG with 4 enemy wing spammers* "JuSt AbAnDoN tHe BG"
    Morons.
    "JuSt ChAnGe YoUr WhOLe bUiLd tO CoUnTeR oNe SkiLL"
    Idiots.
    Edited by Trancestor on September 25, 2019 6:17AM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trancestor wrote: »
    "jUsT DiSiNgAgE"
    Are you kidding me...
    Morons.
    Idiots.

Ye ima not risk another ban colouring you.
    Again the problem is that instead of having a PTS cycle to nerf the ability with a fatigue cost so that magDK wont spam it, you noobs got a skill deleted.
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "jUsT DiSiNgAgE"
    Are you kidding me...
    Morons.
    Idiots.

Ye ima not risk another ban colouring you.
    Again the problem is that instead of having a PTS cycle to nerf the ability with a fatigue cost so that magDK wont spam it, you noobs got a skill deleted.

No thats ZOS with their sledgehammer approach for EVERYTHING
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "jUsT DiSiNgAgE"
    Are you kidding me...
    Morons.
    Idiots.

You forgot:

"JuSt UsE CUrSe AnD FoRcE PuLsE"

and

"JuSt SpAm LiGhT aTtAcKs UnTiL WiNgS iS dOwN"
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ill take your bolt esc. You can have the 50% ranged dmg reduction.
    It will look cool with my Wings animation. How thrilled do you feel on a scale of 1-10?

It would be worth it just to never get one shot by Assassin's Will again
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wings should have never been a thing in the first place.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a decent cap closer for a totaly unmovable class. Now all we got is a chain that does not work or mistform which is BS.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    apart from ultimates, wings were a way for a DK to escape a difficult situation.
    While NB have cloak, sorcs have tp, templars have purge, warden have speed and necro have a set of everything comibned...

now DK are forced to play as strong as possible, reducing their damages.
    and the 50% mitigation are totally useless, because the point about wings was to avoid to be knocked down.

Edited by Xarc on September 25, 2019 7:29AM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    apart from ultimates, wings were a way for a DK to escape a difficult situation.
    While NB have cloak, sorcs have tp, templars have purge, warden have speed and necro have a set of everything comibned...

now DK are forced to play as strong as possible, reducing their damages.
    and the 50% mitigation are totally useless, because the point about wings was to avoid to be knocked down.

Warden has major exp which magdk can get from RaT
    Purge doesn't help with snares instantly reaplied at you
    Cloak is easily countered, shade would be a better argument but thats getting nerfed
    Necro has everything combined? Like what lol

Welcome to the non Sorc club, everyone here has to run Mist Form or RaT.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just no
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    As I said many times before. Wings had no counter. No slotting one non reflectable skill is not a counter, slotting more is killing your build just to counter one skill of a one class (unlike with cloak where you don't even have to slot any additional skills, just use det potion like I do).

I voted for making wings to reflect 3 projectiles per user not per cast as it used to be only at range greater than 10m, unfortunately DKs wanted to preserve their I win button vs ranged classes, so they lost their crutch.

I still think that change proposed above would be more balanced and more fun for DKs (big middle finger to snipe spammers and the rest cowards that are afraid to get closer) and possibility for fair fights vs enemies that don't afraid to brawl in close range.

Don’t most ranged classes have the advantage though when the dk doesn’t use wings? So how exactly is it a “I win button”

Lol seriously. It was I win button because of what you wrote. Eventhough ranged had a bit of advantage vs DKs that didn't used gapcloser just because [insert some excuse], when DK started to spam wings it was pointless to fight them despite they were trash players. This skill was carrying bad players for far to long.

On my mageblade, when a DK started to spam wings was the moment when s/he signed its death. I mean, if a DK starts to spam wings is because s/he's pretty desperated. So, it was the moment to use resto full heavy to get some extra magicka, cloak, CW for stun (to drain the stam) or fear or soul harvest if I had enough ulti, cloak, full heavy resto, cloak (if he didn't popped up a pot) or shade, cloak fear or CW. The concept was to keep pressure, forcing the DK to spam wings and heals. At some point they started to block instead of healing and using wings, and that meant they have run OOM.
    What was fun was that DKs using revealing pots always ended up OOM faster than those who run resource pots, but you had to be careful on keeping your distance
    Edited by Xvorg on September 25, 2019 1:46PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • DanStartheFirst
    DanStartheFirst
    ✭✭✭
    Witar wrote: »
    Well deserved nerf of incredibly irritating skill in my opinion. If you can call it nerf lol.

Have you ever played DK>? A class that has no ranged abilities other than poop rock and you think it having one ability that let it get close enough to do damage instead of just eating ranged abilities while it can't do anything. It was a class staple since release and they basically deleted the ability how about deleting cloak while you are at it. You seem like one of those people that just sits back and enjoys spamming snipe or hard casting crystal frags with no worries about doing so.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All playstyles have to adjust for cloak, but one playstyle shouldn't have to adjust for wings. Good argument. I don't even play DK by the way, I play exclusively Magplar. I just hate to see this game become a weird first person shooter because of a complete lack of altruism from #$*;+;** millennials.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well deserved nerf of incredibly irritating skill in my opinion. If you can call it nerf lol.

Have you ever played DK>? A class that has no ranged abilities other than poop rock and you think it having one ability that let it get close enough to do damage instead of just eating ranged abilities while it can't do anything. It was a class staple since release and they basically deleted the ability how about deleting cloak while you are at it. You seem like one of those people that just sits back and enjoys spamming snipe or hard casting crystal frags with no worries about doing so.

Have you every tried Empowering Chains? It'll really mess up a range spammers day.
  • DanStartheFirst
    DanStartheFirst
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Have you every tried Empowering Chains? It'll really mess up a range spammers day.

Still have to get semi close to use it while snipe ect gets the war range buff :P
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    All playstyles have to adjust for cloak, but one playstyle shouldn't have to adjust for wings. Good argument. I don't even play DK by the way, I play exclusively Magplar. I just hate to see this game become a weird first person shooter because of a complete lack of altruism from #$*;+;** millennials.

Magplar main, the class with the best kit to deal with reflectable wings (and cloak), telling other classes to adjust when you don't need to yourself, what a surprise. The number one reason why so much stupid crap is said in these forums is because you people have exeperience with only one class, experience the other side before talking about things you have no idea about.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reflect is a bad mechanic
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • DanStartheFirst
    DanStartheFirst
    ✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

Magplar main, the class with the best kit to deal with reflectable wings (and cloak), telling other classes to adjust when you don't need to yourself, what a surprise. The number one reason why so much stupid crap is said in these forums is because you people have exeperience with only one class, experience the other side before talking about things you have no idea about.

I just had way to much fun trolling people that hard casted crystal frags or just spammed snipe from 40m away while backpedaling. I play stamdk, magplar (mostly heals) and stamblade (pve with some fun sneaking around and dueling in cyro). Wings wasn't really a big thing on stamdk (run 3 swift good nuff) it was more of a thing for magdks that have no mobility.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

only if you are able to close the 20 mts gap between the snipe spammer and you. And don't mention those guys spamming snipe from up the wall's keep, those were the worst.
    I remember when extended chains allowed you to pull them of the walls
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • DanStartheFirst
    DanStartheFirst
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

only if you are able to close the 20 mts gap between the snipe spammer and you. And don't mention those guys spamming snipe from up the wall's keep, those were the worst.

*pew pew spamming snipe on wall "you cant touch me" Proceeds to chain pull them off of wall like "get over here"* Those were the best times, or even take flight onto them even on wall, hehe dk be dragon in disguise.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do agree that we need some way to get closer to the enemy as magDK but reflecting is bad, in any game, I hate the mechanic and many agree with overwhelming support; so we need something else.

Something I have suggest now and so many times before is putting major exp. or something on wings to get closer to the enemy since it also reduces damage from projectiles by a hefty amount, this would help close the gap and also protect fairly.

However, snipe spammers, fire dragon scale x Volatile armor still kills them lmao, however 2 seconds of snare removal is hard to pass up although it should be 4...
    Edited by Jodynn on September 25, 2019 7:38PM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

How sad is it that I miss the days when mDK had bad heals, no mobility and S&B was virtually mandatory? I complained a lot about it but I felt like a DRAGON KNIGHT, not an inferior sorc. All our cool toys are gone.

But my sorcs also miss frags stunning (yes it was OP) and no loss of momentum on Streak (not OP). DKs aren't the only one who have lost fun toys.