The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reflective Plate. Why the change should be reverted. Comparison of DK treatment with other classes

• Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭
    Trancestor wrote: »
    Trancestor wrote: »
    You clearly havent played a magblade vs old wings, and to a lesser extent any other mag class, good magdks could keep close to 100% uptime on the reflect making them a waste of time and sanity to fight as most mag builds and also bow builds (not snipetards). Yeah it sucks for magdks to lose that kind of fun and unique and OP feature but it was a well needed sacrifice for the greater good.

Good magnb will replay any dk with wings, if you complain about wings you don’t know how to play mag nb

lol maybe a bad dk like you would die vs magnb with reflect wings, not good dks thats for sure.

just to contradict you, shining with your bad mind, and stop whining about it
    Edited by Miloscpolski on October 8, 2019 12:18AM
  • Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭
    VixxVexx wrote: »
    Thanks for the automated bot response once again ZOS.

Seems like the general consensus would be to have an absorbing morph and a reflecting morph with a minimum range condition of 15 meters.
    • Protective Plate absorbs projectiles and gives something back like Magicka or Ultimate.
    • Dragon Fire Scale should revert to Reflective Plate but only reflect projectiles over 15 meters.

Should the absorb morph also have a range condition? I think so.
    Should the absorb morph keep the snare immunity? I think so.
    Should the absorb morph have a damage limit like Shimmering? No.
    Should the absorb morph return Magicka, Ultimate or something else? I don't know.
    Should the reflect morph also return cc or just damage? Maybe just the damage.

Opinions on this please.

11/10 idea!
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    No counter to wings huh, think on your feet. Once my significant other and I were taking a resource at Ales at the mine... Both of us bow/bow build. He couldn't kill us of course and the way we ended him... Drum roll please, bash by bow to death LMAO. Wings not OP, but bash is lol. If you can advocate for the removal of wings that is a class centric unique ability then stream, cloak, no purify for Templars have to go and necromancer just sucks... 8 secs of major vulnerability meh. Give wings back and make the unique class skills awesome for everyone... Instead of nerfing, buff classes up and update toolkits for appropriate counters. This is an easy fix and easily understood that we are all here to enjoy the game and we all should be able to enjoy the game on any class. Looking at you Necro lol...
    Edited by Spartabunny08 on October 8, 2019 6:28AM
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SipofMaim wrote: »
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    It was a wonderful shutdown against n00bs who thought that spamming snipes/frags/spears/flame touches/etc for eternity would carve them an infallible path to victory, and boy oh boy it was the most satisfying thing in PvP to watch them get hoisted with their own petards.

It was extremely satisfying. I've also been on the other side of that, hurling a frag just as the wings flap and bracing myself to eat it. Both sides of that were viscerally thrilling, it's sad those days are gone. So much of our power comes from our gear, now. Game's changed.

oh yes, same here, considering that I played all 4 base classes in PvP fairly regularly. one of my better characters was a MagBlade no less, and so I'd see a DK pull up wings and I'd be like "welp, time to go."

alternately, I'd run lightning or resto staves (depending on the characater/build) to bypass that. so even magblade had options. They weren't the top-tier/best meta/BiS options all the time, but you could work around it fairly easily if you A, knew how to play, and B, were willing to make a few small sacrifices to your minmaxing to be able to do it.

I'll admit. sometimes I was that annoying spammer, and sometimes I paid the price. It sucked, sure, but what goes around comes around, so I'd just accept my defeat, get back up, and fight again.

Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""