The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 24 - Feedback Thread for Necromancer

• BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    other morph could become a "Beckoning Tauntbone" which stays with a Necrotank to be used as a range taunt (instead of InnerFire) which pulls reliably taunted enemies in.
    thadjarvis wrote: »
    to understand what do you mean the skill to do: Do you mean a non-pet skill that range taunts as well as chains in an enemy like a combo of silver leach and inner fire. Costs stam or mag? Or do you mean a pet skill? Does the pet give threat to the pet or player? Is the taunt AOE? What's it's duration? Cost 1 or 2 skill slots? Is the pet invincible? Does it chain too?

Good questions! After some thinking:

A "Beckoning Tauntbone" should be in line with the other Necro Pets:
    • - Pet skill (as Skeletal Mage and Spirital Mender), Pets also is invincible and stays with Necromancer
    • - as with other Necro Pets: 1 Skill slot, 16s secs duration (prolonged if an enemy is taunted with this skill)
    • - the skill range-taunts AND chains ONE enemy to the Necro who gets the threat for 15secs (as InnerFire does)
    • - allows a NecroTank replacing "Beckoning Armor" with "Summoner's Armor" to become a real PetTank
    • - costs Mag because it replaces InnerFire and StalkingBlastbones

Edited by BalticBlues on March 7, 2020 6:17AM
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    other morph could become a "Beckoning Tauntbone" which stays with a Necrotank to be used as a range taunt (instead of InnerFire) which pulls reliably taunted enemies in.
    thadjarvis wrote: »
    to understand what do you mean the skill to do: Do you mean a non-pet skill that range taunts as well as chains in an enemy like a combo of silver leach and inner fire. Costs stam or mag? Or do you mean a pet skill? Does the pet give threat to the pet or player? Is the taunt AOE? What's it's duration? Cost 1 or 2 skill slots? Is the pet invincible? Does it chain too?

Good questions! After some thinking:

A "Beckoning Tauntbone" should be in line with the other Necro Pets:
    • - Pet skill (as Skeletal Mage and Spirital Mender), Pets also is invincible and stays with Necromancer
    • - as with other Necro Pets: 1 Skill slot, 16s secs duration (prolonged if an enemy is taunted with this skill)
    • - the skill range-taunts AND chains ONE enemy to the Necro who gets the threat for 15secs (as InnerFire does)
    • - allows a NecroTank replacing "Beckoning Armor" with "Summoner's Armor" to become a real PetTank
    • - costs Mag because it replaces InnerFire and StalkingBlastbones

Necromancer needs a tank pet.

I am astounded by how little this Necromancer plays as....well, a necromancer.

Why do we have corpse siphoning skills? Would it not make more sense to latch onto a living body with said siphons to deal dmg? Why do we only have 2 pets out of 15 skills and 3 ultimates?

They seriously couldn't fit a "raise all enemies in this area as skeleton warriors or zombies for 30 seconds or until they die" ultimate? Literally could make animate blastbones that....
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m just annoyed that flame clench, our only offensive stun, keeps knocking my opponents out of the blast range of my blastbones and colossus - fix that, Zenimax. Thank you in advance :)
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    I’m just annoyed that flame clench, our only offensive stun, keeps knocking my opponents out of the blast range of my blastbones and colossus - fix that, Zenimax. Thank you in advance :)

Absolutely. Flame Clench is awful for Magcro and Magden because of how it knocks enemies back, and because it forces them into using a fire staff when both focus on AoE. I think they need to add a damaging stun component to skeletal mage as it's currently kind of boring, my idea is that upon casting the skeleton, the skill turns into a stun that resembles magnum shot(archer) or the old shock clench(arcanist). it would originate from the mage/archer/arcanist instead of the caster.

here is what Arcanist would read like.

unknown.png

additionally, the archer, mage or arcanist would also continue to attack that target after it shoots the component at them. just helps with keeping it's damage output under the user's control.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on March 8, 2020 2:15PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could also create a PvP and PvE version of grave grasp.

As it currently stands, this skill is absolutely redundant in all scenarios.

Ghostly embrace can work ín PvE, but neither is useful in PvP.

Considering the state of necroes and the usefulness of their abilities, I think empowering grasp should be completely redesigned. No one can get it to work anyways, since your pets are all over the place in combat, so you don't have any control over the situation - something which goes for way too many necro abilities already. Blastbones acting up, mender not healing etc.

Make empowering grasp a single target (magicka) ability that immobilizes upon cast, adds minor maim to the target for 8 seconds and grants the caster empowerment or minor/major sorcery for X seconds.

No way that would be overpowered and it would give necroes a much needed offensive CC.

Futher, the cool animation where the skeletal hands appears from the ground already exists and looks sinisterly sweet.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    They could also create a PvP and PvE version of grave grasp.

As it currently stands, this skill is absolutely redundant in all scenarios.

Ghostly embrace can work ín PvE, but neither is useful in PvP.

Considering the state of necroes and the usefulness of their abilities, I think empowering grasp should be completely redesigned. No one can get it to work anyways, since your pets are all over the place in combat, so you don't have any control over the situation - something which goes for way too many necro abilities already. Blastbones acting up, mender not healing etc.

Make empowering grasp a single target (magicka) ability that immobilizes upon cast, adds minor maim to the target for 8 seconds and grants the caster empowerment or minor/major sorcery for X seconds.

No way that would be overpowered and it would give necroes a much needed offensive CC.

Futher, the cool animation where the skeletal hands appears from the ground already exists and looks sinisterly sweet.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

They don't need an immoblise. They need an offensive stun.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that the new class hype has died down, can ZOS please remove the criminal offenses from the concerned skills? Vampires are just as feared and fought in the game and yet NPCs don't freak out when I mist form around.
    It's sincerely tiring to get bounties while questing near/inside towns because some random NPC saw me use the class' main damage skill.

Edit: wrong thread.
    Edited by Zekka on March 14, 2020 3:19AM
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zekka wrote: »
    Now that the new class hype has died down, can ZOS please remove the criminal offenses from the concerned skills? Vampires are just as feared and fought in the game and yet NPCs don't freak out when I mist form around.
    It's sincerely tiring to get bounties while questing near/inside towns because some random NPC saw me use the class' main damage skill.

Edit: wrong thread.

Bad news bud, but vamps and werewolves are getting a similar treatment in the next update.

they aren't removing it.