Maintenance for the week of April 15:
β€’ PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
β€’ ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

New Moon Crates 9/19

• LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did well I got 1 apex and 1 legendary mount 4 pets , vamp skin mask and other bits well pleased πŸ˜€
    Edited by LordLomax on September 19, 2019 5:56PM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bat pet please.
    Edited by Raideen on September 19, 2019 6:47PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you preview Apex mounts and think "Damn, this looks so cool! I can only imagine how cool it looks when it roars..."

Be prepared for a disappointment :'(

I've made showcase video for New Moon Wolf mount:

https://youtu.be/ODdbXlXFbAQ

All apex mounts have ordinary animal voices :/ Radiant senche has voice of Nightmare Senche; Radiant wolf had voice of Frostbane Wolf/Dragonfire Wolf; I haven't heard anything from horse so far while previewing it.

But the special effect made me very upset :'( Barely visible when standing still, and very thin trail of bad-looking smoke when moving.

I was also going to buy Apex Senche and Bear... but with their ordinary voices and lack of special effects, the Wolf is enough :o
    Edited by Fischblut on September 24, 2019 6:43PM
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Planemeld Courser has the best summoning animation. Probably one of the loudest craziest in the game, rivaling the storm crates mounts.

The Plagueborn Senche has the best running and particle effects, but the skin is a bit too dark to see the afflicted skin. Similar to the problem the Afflicted horse had in the previous crates it looks a lot lighter in the preview picture than in game.

The Sanguivorian Howler wolf has a nice summoning animation but disappointingly no bats that trail you as you run. In fact it seems bugged since it has no particle drag whatsoever when it runs around.... even the apex version has particles dragging. Disappointing.

All in all Planemeld Courser is the radiant apex you want in these crates.
    Edited by Sporvan on September 19, 2019 11:24PM
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Sporvan wrote: Β»
    The planemeld courser has the best summoning animation. Probably one of the loudest craziest in the game, rivaling the storm crates.

The plagueborn senche has the best running and particle effects, but the skin is a bit too dark to see the afflicted skin. Similar to the problem the horse had.

The vampire bat wolf has a nice summoning animation but disappointingly no bats that trail you as you run.

Too bad there’s a very low rate to get it tho bc the courser was the only mount I actually wanted
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    @Fischblut Thanks a lot for the overview! I was actually going to buy that wolf, but now I see that it is much better to stick with my favorite Gloam Wolf.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad they used the new horse model for that Planemeld Courser! Whew, barely missed the bullet on that one. I hate the new horse model, so I don't need to try for it, but if they'd used the old (sturdy) horse model, I'd be bleeding money at the crates for that baby. Beautiful summon animation!

Also, for those who don't know:
    https://www.crowncrates.com/
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am tempted by this crown season. I am a sucker for the dark creepy stuff and I like a lot of what has been introduced in this one. I kinda like the bat as an infinite emote because then I can gave two pets out. And maybe someday... two bats!
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bought 15 crates didnt even get a legendary

• Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree that it has amazing summoning effect, I would never expect such from a mount <3 Like a boss from Dark Anchor, very cool!
    But I really didn't like the look of New Moon horses since we got datamines :/

I don't like the green goo from Senche's mouth, and insects flying around it :/ I'm actually sad, cause I really want to have a green+black glowing mount someday, but so far none could satisfy me (Plague Horse, Venomous Wolf Lizard, Plagueborn Senche)...

I was actually a bit afraid that I will like the Sanguivorian Howler enough to go for it :o But I only like the look this wolf, and I've decided to buy Apex version instead. Royal color combination of red/black/purple looks perfect, but it can't justify potential cost of this mount for me. Black and blue colors look good enough :)

I would love to see video showcase for Planemeld Courser - how it moves and how it sounds :)

Also, today I've accidentally seen something unusual regarding New Moon wolf. I was doing my daily writs and when I clicked on another character (who has this mount enabled), the wolf moved! It used animation which we never had on mounts before :o I thought that it was some glitch, so I left the character selected and was waiting. After a minute, the wolf moved again and I could make screenshot:

VoS8PSI.jpg

This was so cool! I suppose every New Moon mount (including Radiants) has some surprise animation for character selection screen <3Would be great if all our mounts were displaying some hostile animation when we're standing still while in combat.

And I've finally seen how the new body paint looks on vampires... As pale as all other body paints :| The white preview manequins are deceiving, they look like vampires - so I was sure that these new types of body paint will actually look black on vampire skin.
    Edited by Fischblut on September 24, 2019 6:44PM
  • COFFAN
    COFFAN
    ✭✭
    I gots the chicken!!!
    Tee hee
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    While I decided against buying the apex wolf, I ended up getting the horse. It's black and red barding looks great and fits vampire characters perfectly.
    ESZyXtp.png
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on September 21, 2019 8:55PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today the wolf surprised me again, with another new animation :smiley: Now he tries to impress me with his simple unedited voice, but at least he looks very cool while doing it:

1GTpieA.jpg

Person who decided the choice of voices for New Moon apex mounts did lazy job :/ Person who enabled additional animations for these mounts... made my day <3

I hope all new mounts will have additional animations for character selection screen from now on! And I want to hope that all old mounts will have these animations enabled ;)

...I've also bought a bear today :D I really like the look of him as well, and it was actually the first Apex mount from this season which I wanted to buy since we got datamined pictures :) It looks so wicked and massive, if only it had better voice...

hLm9286.jpg

If somebody has pictures of their mounts performing new actions on character screen, I would love to see :)

• BubblyBullfrog
    BubblyBullfrog
    Soul Shriven
    Yes! I SOOOO want a pet bat!!! PLEASE ZOS!!!
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    While I decided against buying the apex wolf, I ended up getting the horse. It's black and red barding looks great and fits vampire characters perfectly.
    ESZyXtp.png

I'm so jelly of the demon pony, I just got a guar. :neutral:
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Radiance wrote: Β»
    ESZyXtp.png

I'm so jelly of the demon pony, I just got a guar. :neutral:

I'm 100% sure they will sell those in the store, just like baandari pets.