Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Multi-bidding so far - GM & Officers how is it for you?

• reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    Again this would have been not a issue if we had global ah, and let everyone be able to sell.

So - my guild is in Mournhold, arguably one of the more desirable cities in which to sell. I currently have approximately 30 available member slots. We do not charge dues nor do we have sales minimums.

I'm sure my guild is not the only one with space, nor the only one that doesn't charge fees/minimums.

If one of your five guild spots is free, what's stopping you (or anyone) from selling?

The fact people don't like joining guilds?

Or we can take the power away from guilds and let everyone sell like many of the better mmos do.

Can I ask why you don't want to join a guild? There's no requirement to actually interface with anyone; plenty of the people in my guild never speak with anyone. You can turn off the guild's chat, sell through the store, done. There's no impact to your play, as far as I can tell.

I'm truly curious, not attempting to be antagonistic.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    hiyde wrote: »
    Grimm13 wrote: »

They are there and that is beyond the intent of what ZOS created the Trader System. ZOS expected that each guild would be a single group of it's own without political alignments, further it was done when there was a faction divider as well so they did not expect guilds to grow beyond 500.

Please point me to someplace, any place, that ZOS said anything of the sort.

1) Trader system was made when a faction wall was in place.
    2) They have never made any provisions to have guilds larger than 500.
    3) No advance tools to mange a larger guild or multiple guilds.
    4) They have never referenced a guild larger than 500 in their guides.
    5) If they had intended for guilds to be larger, they would have done so (It's been asked for)

Deducted reasoning follows that they did not. As for them expecting or stating that they did, here is what follows that.

1)...
    They seem to never have show an intention to expect this by acting counter to above points 2-5. Show me that those points are incorrect.

(EDIT: Just pointing out I neither stated that it was good or bad on the "extended guilds". I merely was pointing out the inherent flaw unaccounted for in the design of the system, which changes results of how it actually works.)

1. What does that have to do with anything. Anyone of Vet Rank had access to any Trader in the game. And, Guilds have never been Faction Specific, unless they wanted to be.
    2. That has to do with the performance of the store, nothing else. 15000 items per kiosk is about the limit of the server.
    3. The UI is lacking in lots of QoL features, no conspiracy there. The game released with a bare bones UI for all aspects of the game. It is only recently getting some features which have been Addon only. One of which makes shopping at different kiosks much easier.
    4. See #2.
    5. See #2

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because some people don't? Guilds are pointless in this game but for AH stuff.

But I understand why they do this. It saves them money on servers.
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hm. I think a fair few people would disagree with that opinion. There are lots of types of guilds, used for many (and multiple) purposes.

I can’t say I’ve gained any understanding from your response, but thanks for replying all the same.

Good luck out there.
    Options
  • mictrost
    mictrost
    I am a co-gm of a small/mid level trading guild, we have been around for 2 years on PS4 NA and are run by committee.

We have always relied on the generosity of our core group of players, being donation based. We don't have a weekly fee, asking only that members donate what they can without hurting their own gameplay. This means we live payday to payday in essence, only receiving gold enough to get by. We don't have a large reserve of resources, gold or otherwise.

This new system has us scrambling, and we may have to change up completely the requirements of remaining in our guild. Our only recourse is to bid at a lower level trader, which in effect bumps someone else from that spot and so on. It is doable and is really our only choice, long term.

What I see these changes doing, in essence, is creating an environment where guild jumping is not only the norm but essential to maintaining a good trader week to week. Where does that leave loyalty?
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mictrost wrote: »
    I am a co-gm of a small/mid level trading guild, we have been around for 2 years on PS4 NA and are run by committee.

We have always relied on the generosity of our core group of players, being donation based. We don't have a weekly fee, asking only that members donate what they can without hurting their own gameplay. This means we live payday to payday in essence, only receiving gold enough to get by. We don't have a large reserve of resources, gold or otherwise.

This new system has us scrambling, and we may have to change up completely the requirements of remaining in our guild. Our only recourse is to bid at a lower level trader, which in effect bumps someone else from that spot and so on. It is doable and is really our only choice, long term.

What I see these changes doing, in essence, is creating an environment where guild jumping is not only the norm but essential to maintaining a good trader week to week. Where does that leave loyalty?

My friend I don't know, I feel for you - good luck to you

Have you tried a weekly lottery? get some nice prizes every week - after a while members and officers donate them

Say every 2k donated to guild bank buys a ticket. Have an officer count it all up each week and do the prize draw 2 hours before bid-flip.

It brings in some gold in a nice way.
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on September 4, 2019 10:51PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    dvonpm wrote: »
    i dont thinl that needs to be discussed here. guilds having partner or sister guilds is i guess pretty normal on all platforms and actually also natural. some people get along, some people do not get along, sometimes the enemy of your enemy becomes your friend and so on. the actually trade guild managing community is small. so small its normal that people start to get to know each other and start to get along with each other or sometimes not and its normal its ending in diplomatics. i do agree sometimes that situation gets a bit "overused", but in general u cannot forbid people to befriend, as as example an officer of yours starting to like that content and building an own trade guild.

guys, get over the cartel and conglomerate stuff. even the lowest 0815 guilds in mid and low tier spots have partner guilds and keep ties to other guilds. some openly commnicate that and let other people know about that ties and get hated on then, others do it in secret. even before the first open alliance had been "announced" on pc eu, there were already multiple guilds forming friend-groups with not bidding each other. u just dont bid a guild whose gm u personally like, get over it.

I would add to all this that, in my guild, we don't bid on other kiosks because we want the spot we've maintained. We don't want to start a war. We don't want to risk losing a good spot in order to screw some other guild out a spot that's probably not much better than the one we have. It has nothing to with with alliances. We are happy where we are and don't want to mess with other guilds, period.

This system is forcing us into conflicts with other guilds that we don't want to have and wouldn't otherwise have, and would have no reason to even interact with, much less form a shadow cabal. And it still costs more.

Wow, that's crazy though, you should at least multi bid on some spots that have constant turnover or are used by guilds with no inventory. Otherwise you could be without a spot, and that can kill a guild.

Oh, we are absolutely multibidding. Still lost all of them at 2.5x or more last week's bids....

But we wouldn't bid on any of those traders ever if we weren't forced to. Ever. No cabal theory needed to make us want to stay in the spot we've always been in.

And I actively resent having to mess with other guilds whose spots we don't want and whose trade we have no interest in interfering with. And with whom we might even share members. That it is downright infuriating and forcing us to punch down doesn't mean we aren't doing what we have to survive. But it sucks.

Do you realise the disconnect in your post? In this system, a guild doesn't own any trader, ever. Yet you say you don't want to mess with some other guilds' spots. This alone, to me, is proof that the guild trader system is rotten to its core.

It's not a disconnect if you realize that there is no benefit to starting a bidding war for a lateral move. I honestly do not understand why you think guilds would want to risk moving all over map every week or why not wanting that chaos is an indication of some evil rot.

The only reason this idea makes sense, that I can think of anyway, is that you expect all guilds to be furiously trying to get into better spots. And that if we aren't it's only because we can't, because cabals or whatever. That's not true. Please clarify if there is something else you are getting it, because I'm not seeing it.

My guild has a spot that we like and we want to keep it and will do what we can within reason and ethics to keep it. That isn't the bidding system, that's a basic fact of life. It's the same reason business don't just randomly move across the street for no reason. Or attempt hostile takeovers of properties they can't afford.

I'm honestly just baffled about what you think should be happening.
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a disconnect if you realize that there is no benefit to starting a bidding war for a lateral move. I honestly do not understand why you think guilds would want to risk moving all over map every week or why not wanting that chaos is an indication of some evil rot.

The only reason this idea makes sense, that I can think of anyway, is that you expect all guilds to be furiously trying to get into better spots. And that if we aren't it's only because we can't, because cabals or whatever. That's not true. Please clarify if there is something else you are getting it, because I'm not seeing it.

My guild has a spot that we like and we want to keep it and will do what we can within reason and ethics to keep it. That isn't the bidding system, that's a basic fact of life. It's the same reason business don't just randomly move across the street for no reason. Or attempt hostile takeovers of properties they can't afford.

This is true for the majority of guilds, well said
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry to hear that and I really hope you guys don't get pushed out.

The reason I said earlier in this thread that I hate feeling forced to punch down is because my guild, which does have a fair reserve, is going to be backup bidding on traders like yours. So when we get punched down on, we're going to have to turn around and do it to some other guild like yours.

And literally none of us even want to. I guess we could be generous and call it "shared misfortune", but it really just feels like knowing you're in the Stanford Prison Experiment and just beating everyone up anyway instead of just opting out of the stupid experiment like a sane person lol.
    Options
  • mictrost
    mictrost

My friend I don't know, I feel for you - good luck to you

Have you tried a weekly lottery? get some nice prizes every week - after a while members and officers donate them

Say every 2k donated to guild bank buys a ticket. Have an officer count it all up each week and do the prize draw 2 hours before bid-flip.

It brings in some gold in a nice way.

Thank you for your suggestion, I take it in the spirit in which it is given.

We have been around a while and have tried just about everything in the book. We even tried weekly fees for a while. We hold an auction every other week and run a 50/50 during the auction. This has been enough, for two years now, along with the gold donations from our regulars. I am just trying to say this has to change now. I don't know if it means we just have to lower our expectations, or if our guild members do. I'm just saying this may change everything for us.
    Options
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I agree to some extent, and I always supported thoughts of guilds in other hubs trying to achieve more and eat some sales away from the "conglomerates", actually a lot of them would be even happy about that since it's also reducing pressure on the top tier spotdls with every motivated gm trying to hit those top Hubs. Truth also is, that a lot of guilds aren't using tge hub to its potential, like windhelm and so on, but this isn't tgd fault of the to tier guilds but also the problem of low efforts of the guilds there in making hubs attractive, advertising btw, making sales week and other stuff might bring more attention to those hubs. But the truth also is, that there aren't even 200 gm willing to build and maintain a guild and a hub to that extend. Not 100, not even 50 or 30. Hubs also prosper from those gm and conglomerates pushing it. Before ttu captured vivecs front spots it was on its way to another rotten hub with rotten guilds. I know it's harsh, but it's also the truth. Remember how windhelm grew when alchemist emporium advertised the heck out of windhelm? This is up to the guilds competing the other top Hubs as well, but they just don't want it. It's too much work for them, complaints here complaints there blabla.

You have no idea what you're talking about do you? lol Are you even a GM of an active trading guild? Its tough out there at the moment bro, real tough.
    Edited by marius_buys on September 4, 2019 11:40PM
    Options
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I agree to some extent, and I always supported thoughts of guilds in other hubs trying to achieve more and eat some sales away from the "conglomerates", actually a lot of them would be even happy about that since it's also reducing pressure on the top tier spotdls with every motivated gm trying to hit those top Hubs. Truth also is, that a lot of guilds aren't using tge hub to its potential, like windhelm and so on, but this isn't tgd fault of the to tier guilds but also the problem of low efforts of the guilds there in making hubs attractive, advertising btw, making sales week and other stuff might bring more attention to those hubs. But the truth also is, that there aren't even 200 gm willing to build and maintain a guild and a hub to that extend. Not 100, not even 50 or 30. Hubs also prosper from those gm and conglomerates pushing it. Before ttu captured vivecs front spots it was on its way to another rotten hub with rotten guilds. I know it's harsh, but it's also the truth. Remember how windhelm grew when alchemist emporium advertised the heck out of windhelm? This is up to the guilds competing the other top Hubs as well, but they just don't want it. It's too much work for them, complaints here complaints there blabla.

You have no idea what you're talking about do you? lol Are you even a GM of an active trading guild? Its tough out there at the moment bro, real tough.

I know she knows what shes talking about and i can confirm those statements. A group of guilds or even one single guild can make a mediocre hub blow up with business.

I agree it is harsh atm but hold up and keep fighting. some will lose it all and have nothing to show as the more experienced GMs will carry on.
    Edited by Gariele on September 5, 2019 4:09AM
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
    Options
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's Verbakontinenz, GM of Just Traders, Tamriel Stock Exchange and former go GM of Handelsgilde, Handelsgenoffenschaft, Bait Trading House and joint leader of UTE alliance on PC EU...

She was one of the most experienced (and thus exhausted) trade leaders on our server prior to retiring it lol
    Edited by Blobsky on September 5, 2019 12:17AM
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
    Options
  • mictrost
    mictrost
    I have responded to this thread as co-gm and now would like to put in my two cents as a seller.

I make lots of gold, I have 2 capitol city traders PS4 NA. The main part of this game I enjoy is the acquisition of houses, plans, recipes and so on. I don't do pvp, I don't even do dungeons much. I make gold and I buy and sell things. This is how I choose to enjoy this game.

I am in 5 guilds. I have been in all of those guilds for over a year. I know what to expect, I respect my guildmasters and enjoy the banter with my guildmates daily.

Jumping guilds, even once, is abhorrent to me. Is this what I will have to be reduced to just to keep a reasonable trader each week?
    Options
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm in two well established trading guilds and they've been in a different spot every week since the patch.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    Options
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    I actually have a chance at getting a trader for my Social Guild, not a guarantee, but better than having to overbid on 1 trader and then hope for the best.

Your social guild doesn't need a trader. That's what trading guilds are for...
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    Options
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, that’s why the majority of capital traders use the term SOCIAL TRADING GUILD. Sorry mate can’t have it both ways.
    Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean it just goes to show. Trading only guilds are the problem. I mean the system was suppose to be design like this, and if a guild breaks up over not having a shop. Clearly that guild did not have a strong core.
    Options
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    Lol, that’s why the majority of capital traders use the term SOCIAL TRADING GUILD. Sorry mate can’t have it both ways.

Preach!!!! When you search for Social Guilds on the Guild Finder you get a slew of trading guilds. Not small trading guilds either. Major capital trading guilds.

Pump those brakes if you don’t think Social Guilds don’t deserve a trader. We’re out here fighting for spots just like anyone and some of us are established with two years at the same spot.
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
    Options
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have pretty much an idea what I am talking about. I guess I had been one of the best networked gm the recent years and also active on forums. There are a lot of medium sales guilds which do an awesome job in maintaining their communities but even more guilds where gm do only what's necessary to have placed a bid and recruited a bit. I had such conversations over and over again, when newcomer complained about bid prices, about the question where to go with guild and which spot might suit the guilds status. So I brought up those same suggestions:

* go through all zones, check out guilds, what they offer and estimate what they might do in sales
    * maybe do a second account and do your homework by checking out competing guilds and their trade activity so u have a direction what's going on around u, or ask other gm what their guilds are doing and where
    * if ure unhappy with the current activity on ur hub, contact neighbors and try, to make events together to promote the hub

And a lot more ideas. The answers were the same always: this is a game, I want to play other stuff as well, I have family and job I have no time for this and that and so on. At some point I get that, bcs actually it would be a Co effort of maybe 5 till 10 core dedicated people in a guild, if not more. But most people just don't want to support maintaining a trade guild in this game. They sit down and complain if guild hasnt as good spot as it could, leave, chat, that's it. On the other side I don't get it, bcs if ure doing a guild and want to manage a community, u need to know, it is work and u might have to cut other activities in favor for your guild.

There definitely aren't a lot of makers, definitely not enough to help building a more equalized trading system. There is a group of supermotivated people, which is pretty small, compared to the amount of hubs and trading spots and a massive rest.
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on September 5, 2019 8:02AM

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    i dont thinl that needs to be discussed here. guilds having partner or sister guilds is i guess pretty normal on all platforms and actually also natural. some people get along, some people do not get along, sometimes the enemy of your enemy becomes your friend and so on. the actually trade guild managing community is small. so small its normal that people start to get to know each other and start to get along with each other or sometimes not and its normal its ending in diplomatics. i do agree sometimes that situation gets a bit "overused", but in general u cannot forbid people to befriend, as as example an officer of yours starting to like that content and building an own trade guild.

guys, get over the cartel and conglomerate stuff. even the lowest 0815 guilds in mid and low tier spots have partner guilds and keep ties to other guilds. some openly commnicate that and let other people know about that ties and get hated on then, others do it in secret. even before the first open alliance had been "announced" on pc eu, there were already multiple guilds forming friend-groups with not bidding each other. u just dont bid a guild whose gm u personally like, get over it.

I would add to all this that, in my guild, we don't bid on other kiosks because we want the spot we've maintained. We don't want to start a war. We don't want to risk losing a good spot in order to screw some other guild out a spot that's probably not much better than the one we have. It has nothing to with with alliances. We are happy where we are and don't want to mess with other guilds, period.

This system is forcing us into conflicts with other guilds that we don't want to have and wouldn't otherwise have, and would have no reason to even interact with, much less form a shadow cabal. And it still costs more.

Wow, that's crazy though, you should at least multi bid on some spots that have constant turnover or are used by guilds with no inventory. Otherwise you could be without a spot, and that can kill a guild.

Oh, we are absolutely multibidding. Still lost all of them at 2.5x or more last week's bids....

But we wouldn't bid on any of those traders ever if we weren't forced to. Ever. No cabal theory needed to make us want to stay in the spot we've always been in.

And I actively resent having to mess with other guilds whose spots we don't want and whose trade we have no interest in interfering with. And with whom we might even share members. That it is downright infuriating and forcing us to punch down doesn't mean we aren't doing what we have to survive. But it sucks.

Do you realise the disconnect in your post? In this system, a guild doesn't own any trader, ever. Yet you say you don't want to mess with some other guilds' spots. This alone, to me, is proof that the guild trader system is rotten to its core.

I'm honestly just baffled about what you think should be happening.

It's a freaking auction system! Yet you treat it as fixed spots for the same guild, week in, week out. I understand *why* you do it, but it does show that the trader system is a farce.
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She is one of the most experienced trading GMs in ESO
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »
    I'm not a guild leader, I'm just weighing in as a buyer. A lot of the places I normally shop due to their huge selection and fair prices are now occupied by guilds selling four redguard couches, a fern, and a pot of stew. Not impressed. I hope we can get back to better selection of wares soon.

If this continues much longer I'll share my list of good places to shop.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

whatever floats your guar, but I love the free ports to anyone in guild.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    Options
  • Nicky33
    Nicky33
    ✭✭✭
    JPS wrote: »
    JPS wrote: »
    I'm doing it... /wave

Are you ? For real ?
    Care to explain why ?
    I don't intend to tell you what to do or not to do with your own money, but I'd like to understand...
    Spending your IRL money to get whatever you wnat ingame (costumes, whatever) is fine, since it's, for each item, a one-time expense. But hiring a guild trader is a weekly, evergoing expenditure.
    So may I ask what's in it for you ? What "pleasure" or "entertainment" or whatever positive you find in sepnding RL money to get a trader in a game that will be mostly of use, not for yourself, but for your 499 guildies there ?
    Also, do you realize it's a kind of "not playing on equal grounds" ? Something like running on steroids in a sport competition ... ?
    I'm honestly curious ...

My reasons are twofold I guess... For one, I kinda inherited this guild and instead of letting it die I decided to keep it alive. The main reason for that kinda subsided by now, but I just wanted to keep certain people together.
    Why I put real money in it... Well, why not? It's a hobby, hobbies cost money. It makes no difference to me if I buy myself yet another airport for Xplane / P3D where I will never fly, or I buy another purple anodized part for my R/C car just because I think it looks cool (being lighter and going faster is just an added benefit), or I buy and sell crowns to maintain a trader for example.
    As for equal grounds and it being fair or not... I'm sorry, that's a discussion I don't wish to get into nor care about. There are as much opinions as there are people.

Man, you should had invested hundreds of EUR if you do it regularly. So many better things do with 500 euro instead of bumping it into a broken game...

Could be a week in Croatia, a new graphic card, a season ticket for golfing if you wanna feel the decadence.. an old car.. a micro 4/3 camera or an objective.. 6 weekends in the swinger club. Or a million of other things
    It's so sad that some put money into a video game, making it pay-to-win... literal no-lifers.

You can't purchase guild core and improve your actual guild with credit card. Perhaps you should consider doing actual improvements in your guild and then starting to actually earn your bids. You are fooling only yourself and your guild with using real money and purchasing spots for your guild never could normally sustain in fair competition. And the worst part of it is that after spending hundreds of EUR you are still a GM of an average trade guild , which noone knows about.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober This is just another reason why this multibidding sucks. Ten guilds have to increase their bids if they don't want to get sniped by one dude, who is paying his bids with a credit card.
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want to add that I am a high level officer in 4 trade guilds that are affiliated with each other. We knew that this was going to cause a shake up and planned accordingly. As such we had sufficient resources available to handle the bids. We dont have premium spots per say but we have active sellers and we make gold. We don't charge fees or have quotas and we have waitlists for applications that are very long. Our secret is that we have a dedicated core group of active sellers and a dedicated officer core/FM and sellers that part with gold for the good of each guild.
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    Again this would have been not a issue if we had global ah, and let everyone be able to sell.

So - my guild is in Mournhold, arguably one of the more desirable cities in which to sell. I currently have approximately 30 available member slots. We do not charge dues nor do we have sales minimums.

I'm sure my guild is not the only one with space, nor the only one that doesn't charge fees/minimums.

If one of your five guild spots is free, what's stopping you (or anyone) from selling?

The fact people don't like joining guilds?

Or we can take the power away from guilds and let everyone sell like many of the better mmos do.

Other MMOs were designed around a GAH, ESO was not. Either way, I have said it it before and will say it again. Converting ESO to a GAH would require a complete reworking of everything from loot tables to gold generation/sinks. Also to prevent exploitation and a runaway economy at launch it would also require a complete wipe of all gold, all craft bags, all storage locations, all equipment would need to become non deconstructable and non tradeable. Zos would also likely need to implement some type of forced gold sink to the game to replace what is currently a voluntary gold sink via the bid system.

And to be honest what would ZOS gain in return?
    Options
  • spekdah
    spekdah
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how much you can solve without asking ZOS what their plans are.

Multibidding seems an attempt to stop scalping, much like concert tickets being bought up in bulk and on-sold at a much higher price.

The core issue is guilds expect to hold spots, and those spots are limited compared to traders. The fallout comes from this, a bad ratio of guilds to spots, unsustainable bid amounts that lead to excessive fund raising/donations/ticket sales.

These discussions just go round in circles.

Be nice if each trader could actually could hold 20 guilds, solves the supply issue and many problems go away.
    Edited by spekdah on September 6, 2019 12:05AM
    Options
  • spekdah
    spekdah
    ✭✭✭
    convert=concert. Hmm where is edit function?
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spekdah wrote: »
    convert=concert. Hmm where is edit function?

It's not obvious, click on the #209 next to your post and it'll pop open one with a cog next to it, click the cog
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    Options