Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

An end to factions

• Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sometimes im getting a bit annoyed about these topics - if you want to play a pvp game without rp, without factions, without story or lore considerations, with perfect balance - then why dont you go and play one of the countless games that do exactly this?

But why constantly wanting to ruin the experience of an elder scrolls fan that is here for exactly this!

This is an online ROLE PLAYING GAME and the lore is a part of the integral framework for this game. maybe find another game more suited towards your needs.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Remove alliance ties to character allow queue for a campaign as a mercenary.when all three factions full thats it go to war no longer need to make new faction characters. you like dc queue for dc decide tou hate dc queue for ep ad etc. Why is this concept so hard to figure out zos can give either a partial refund or like everything else tell us tough guarshit and we go about our days in a new faction system
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I would like a quest line that finally ends the three banner's war.

In PvE carebear land maybe. But the war should rage on in Cyrodill for PvP'ers.

Yeah, so they can whine endlessly about server performance, some noob who owned them and so X, Y, and Z skills need nerfing, and then complain there's not enough PvPers to make it worth while.

Meanwhile, abandoning AvAvA, and allowing Guilds to join together to form Warbands, and then allowing Warbands to sign up to WB v WB v WB or even just WB v WB, would ensure that PvP Campaigns were better populated, by players dedicated to doing so.

Just separate PvP skills from PvE and EVERYONE would get a better game experience.

All The Best

Yeah, like PvE doesnt have server performance issues when raiding in trials. Performance issues are everywhere.

But i agree, seperating PvP and PvE would be better for everyone. I also do not like it when a skill gets nerfed it affects the other side. And i do not understand why they didn't do it in the first place. Already there are skills and sets that to x on mobs and y on players.

But i don't blame PvE for that.. i blame the devs who come up with the solutions.
    Edited by Knootewoot on July 18, 2019 1:12PM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title says it all, what would the community think of getting rid of factions?

Just get rid of the dead PVP system instead.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    It is evident that there isnt any alliance loyalty in eso at all.

Your assumptions are wrong. Way wrong.

I think his assumption is correct, way correct.

Both are right. I know me, and most of the guild i am in are loyal to DC.

But yes, i also know people who just join the winning faction.

Its not even that folk want to join the winning faction (for some that will be the case). Its that folk simply dont care what faction, its not about that, its simply about wanting to use what character you want, in what campaign you want. Currently we cant because our characters are faction locked.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it would be extremely positive for the game and it is very very long over due.

No one cares what faction/alliance they are in, once any race any faction was implemented, as it should have been from the start, factions became more or less irrelevant beyond the story arcs.

I dont play Cyrodiil precisely because of the faction system. I want to be able to take whatever character I want, into a campaign, not be limited by what choice I made for that characters faction/alliance years ago.

The simple solution is to remove faction/alliance from a characters details, and you simply pick a faction upon entering a campaign, from then on the same rules apply. This means I can use whichever character I want to, in whatever campaign I want to, locked into that campaign for its duration.

This is of course if they wish to maintain some semblance of a faction/alliance system at all.

Beta tester here, and bought Imperial Edition on PC. Any race, any alliance was there from the very beginning. You should have chosen your faction more wisely!

Sorry... Fake news :smile: (Or repeating incorrect information, minimally)

1st year console player here. Any race, any alliance was not there from the beginning, it dictated where you started and where you could go (until you progressed far enough) and ultimately who you could play with, in those early days.

:)
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like it would solve a lot of problems.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry, but speak for yourself here. I have non-EP characters and I actually feel guilty when I go into Cyrodiil with them to get skyshards and level alliance skills, even though I'm not going into my main campaign.

And I'm not even a die-hard PvPer.

The Moot Councillor
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wtf?

It's a GAME!!!!

Games have story, they have Lore, they have Background, all for One Purpose - FLAVOR! All this information explains WHY your characters are where they are, and what purpose the characters have in the grand scheme of things.

Take away the Alliances, and what do you have? A whole bunch of characters running around with no reason whatsoever to be involved in PvP. (If the actual goal here is to get rid of PvP, then getting rid of Alliances would be a step in the direction.)

What they need is full scale battles with specific start and end times. Then the winning Alliance characters get a PvP buff for an hour or two.

:#
  • goldenflameslinger
    goldenflameslinger
    ✭✭✭
    Just nope.
    PS4 NA DC id: goldenflamesling
  • Heyodude
    Heyodude
    ✭✭✭

Im all for it, the AvA is just tacked on nonsense at this point, no where else in the game do you see its effects and Tamriel seems rather copacetic for a war torn continent. Its just silly optics.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heyodude wrote: »

Im all for it, the AvA is just tacked on nonsense at this point, no where else in the game do you see its effects and Tamriel seems rather copacetic for a war torn continent. Its just silly optics.

You mean aside from each factions main story arcs and a lot of the side quests along the way, that all culminate in the war in Cyrodiil? Or the prequel quest for Elsweyr, in which Abnor Tharn is attempting to end The Three Banners War? But yeah sure, it isn't evident anywhere else...
    Edited by BigBragg on July 18, 2019 7:37PM
  • Heyodude
    Heyodude
    ✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »

You mean aside from each factions main story arcs and a lot of the side quests along the way, that all culminate in the war in Cyrodiil? Or the prequel quest for Elsweyr, in which Abnor Tharn is attempting to end The Three Banners War? But yeah sure, it isn't evident anywhere else...

What is the wars significance in the game? does it change, help, hinder or effect actual gameplay other than just one zone in and of itself? Or has it become a tired trope that has seen better days and is kicked to the side as an afternote, regulated to something that amounts to a legacy server with high ping and minimal maintenance? I think the proof is self evident.
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would they end the factions when they could monetize Alliance change tokens?
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it would be extremely positive for the game and it is very very long over due.

No one cares what faction/alliance they are in, once any race any faction was implemented, as it should have been from the start, factions became more or less irrelevant beyond the story arcs.

I dont play Cyrodiil precisely because of the faction system. I want to be able to take whatever character I want, into a campaign, not be limited by what choice I made for that characters faction/alliance years ago.

The simple solution is to remove faction/alliance from a characters details, and you simply pick a faction upon entering a campaign, from then on the same rules apply. This means I can use whichever character I want to, in whatever campaign I want to, locked into that campaign for its duration.

This is of course if they wish to maintain some semblance of a faction/alliance system at all.

Beta tester here, and bought Imperial Edition on PC. Any race, any alliance was there from the very beginning. You should have chosen your faction more wisely!

1st year console player here. Any race, any alliance was not there from the beginning, it dictated where you started and where you could go (until you progressed far enough) and ultimately who you could play with, in those early days.

I'm also a PC beta player. If you preordered the imperial edition for the PC launch, you got any race any alliance. I've had it since day 1.

It became available for purchase with the adventure pack later for those that didn't get it with preorder..
    Edited by Katahdin on July 18, 2019 8:08PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »

What is the wars significance in the game? does it change, help, hinder or effect actual gameplay other than just one zone in and of itself? Or has it become a tired trope that has seen better days and is kicked to the side as an afternote, regulated to something that amounts to a legacy server with high ping and minimal maintenance? I think the proof is self evident.

It's the backdrop for the entire game. It plays a significant roll for PvP and PvE are you saying you think the whole story line should be scrapped? That ESO should be revamped and placed in a different era of Tamriels history? Seems like some people just want a different game that what is presently available.

As per performance they need to do a better job across the board, not just in Cyrodiil. Though they do continue to change the map and give attention to the zone, more than any other old zones since One Tamriel. So credit where credit is due.
    Edited by BigBragg on July 19, 2019 12:10AM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I am with you on this at this point. I hate that characters are tied to a faction. I have two characters that are non EP that are basically hold overs from before 1 tamriel (when, you actually couldnt even be in the same zone as another alliance).

Your faction is only relevant to PVP. It is meaningless in PVE at this point because you dont even start in your alliance any longer. You start in the latest Chapter.

In PVP, Faction lock just makes alts in a different alliance basically non-playable. What they should do is have you declare your alliance for each campaign when you enter, which will lock your account to said alliance for the duration of the campaign. When the campaign ends, you can choose a new on if you wish. If you want to be EP in the 30 day, DC in the 7 Day, and AD in a non-CP campaign, knock yourself out.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 18, 2019 8:13PM
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Marcus684
      Marcus684
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Hundreds of posts arguing back and forth about faction locks says otherwise.

Performance should be the only focus for Zos right now and then everything else.

Agree 100%. I’m not even thinking about buying new content until performance improves.
    • TheShadowScout
      TheShadowScout
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      On the note of "PvP without factions" - that could still happen!
      They could easily add some PvP region where its not the alliance war that counts, but some "free for all" liuke in some daedric deminplane, or some other region where a different split is in effect, like, say, "Vampires vs. Werewolves" (well, maybe not that, or they might get nasty letters from lawyers representing the World of Darnkess roleplaying games and Underworld movie franchise). But... something.

I myself once brainstormed about a "slavers vs. abolitionist" PvP-ish setup: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/387560/additional-guild-ideas-mk-ii ;)
    • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
      p_tsakirisb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      What I see is no real reason what so ever to remove the Alliances. None. Those trying to argue for it, come with stupid ridiculous reasons that do not affect anyone.
    • KillsAllElves
      KillsAllElves
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Alliance is irrelevant in pve

Alliance is relevant to pvp and thats all!

Alliance colors have no value.

I think cyrodiil should have a pve zone for everyone to kill the invading daedric forces, a collosal zone with 1.000.000.000.000 health monsters lurking about waiting to be stopped by the inhabitants of tamriel.
    • TheBonesXXX
      TheBonesXXX
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      A lot of people who like to assume, what character.

I personally would like a 4th option where Im not weighed down by political meaningless and cumbersome ideals. Id kill all three faction leaders given the chance.

My story is mine to determine. Far as PvP, Id like to kill everyone equally since it has become a cyclic hamster wheel of predictability.

• fastolfv_ESO
      fastolfv_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      cadwells silver and gold was basically a simulation from a powerful daedric artifact cadwell gets you to use. He even says you see the other alliances through the eyes of other heros
    • JerzeeDevil
      JerzeeDevil
      ✭✭✭
      I believe they mentioned people would not recognize you, no?
      Katahdin wrote: »

I'm also a PC beta player. If you preordered the imperial edition for the PC launch, you got any race any alliance. I've had it since day 1.

It became available for purchase with the adventure pack later for those that didn't get it with preorder..

Yup. 100%.

I transferred my PC account to PS4 at console launch. They just don't know....

:tired_face:
      jerzeedevil.com

If looks could kill, then Death would be my name.

Daggerfall's Mightiest- PS4 NA
      Wardens of Morrowind-PS4 NA
      Cyrodiil Death Squad- PS4 NA/EU

• Sephyr
      Sephyr
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Alliance colors have no value.

Lies and slander! My puns rely on those alliance colors!
    • therift
      therift
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Launch Day player on PS4. I purchased ARAA with the base game. I still have an AD Sorc and an EP Nightblade from launch week that I rolled so I could explore the AD and EP zones without waiting to complete Caldwell's Silver and Gold on my DC main.

In fact, I didn't even know about Silver and Gold until I completed the Main Quest... and I was reluctant to try, since Meridia's commentary that NPCs in the new alliances wouldn't recognize my accomplishments made me think my achievements would be reset... lol :)
    • Rake
      Rake
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      if I made end of races thread Id be banned for racism.
    • TheBonesXXX
      TheBonesXXX
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Rake wrote: »
      if I made end of races thread Id be banned for racism.

:D:D