Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

An end to factions

• p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If we got rid of factions, what would PvP be? What would be the point? Just a sad handful of role-players and achievement hunters doing the boring quests in Cyrodil? Maybe a battle royale? I'd rather not.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    If we got rid of factions, what would PvP be? What would be the point? Just a sad handful of role-players and achievement hunters doing the boring quests in Cyrodil? Maybe a battle royale? I'd rather not.

Would be guild based and more OWPvP like it should have been.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So players would have to join a guild in order to PvP? What about people who solo and prefer to avoid guilds? It sounds kinda cool, only because I'm in a PvP guild, so I'd be completely set, but I have to recognize that my preference or experience isn't the same as everyone' else's. If players who queued solo without guild affiliation could just kill or be killed by anyone, then it might be okay. There would probably need to be a cap on how many could queue together though, or entire servers would be filled with one or two mega-zerg-blob guilds overrunning the whole map. Not that it's much different now...
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So players would have to join a guild in order to PvP? What about people who solo and prefer to avoid guilds? It sounds kinda cool, only because I'm in a PvP guild, so I'd be completely set, but I have to recognize that my preference or experience isn't the same as everyone' else's. If players who queued solo without guild affiliation could just kill or be killed by anyone, then it might be okay. There would probably need to be a cap on how many could queue together though, or entire servers would be filled with one or two mega-zerg-blob guilds overrunning the whole map. Not that it's much different now...

I can see it now...

"You want to PvP? Join my guild, but you better earn 1 mill AP weekly or you'll be kicked... and then anyone can kill you"

Guild-based PvP in ESO would be vile.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, guilds can hold the "keeps" and forge their own alliances.

I am small scale / solo myself. If theyd balanced right zerg busting would come back.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »

I can see it now...

"You want to PvP? Join my guild, but you better earn 1 mill AP weekly or you'll be kicked... and then anyone can kill you"

Guild-based PvP in ESO would be vile.

Its vile now..
  • Ahashra
    Ahashra
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.

If they get rid of it then I would quit.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we got rid of factions, what would PvP be?
    On a side note...
    ...the experiment was made, once.
    In SWTOR, they usually have "Old Republic vs. Sith Empire" PvP... but they also added a "free for all" area to tatooine. Which most times is empty as people avoid it like the plague. Just sayin.
  • Varaug_Gaming
    Varaug_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    yes i know how this can work

you end the three banner war removing pvp

however the entire game becomes open world pvp with everyone having the ability to flag up and kill everyone at any place in the game

so all the pvpers who can not fight each other anymore in cyrodiil can now hunt all those roleplayers and singleplayer questers all over the game and have their "fun" with them

it would solve all the performance issues because the pvp population would be spread out among the entire game

and it would zos get more player houses sold because thats gonna be the only place where you will be safe as a carebear

haha i would love to see that actually
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just gonna leave this right here..

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1. Refund anybody that has Any Race with X amount of crown crates

Step 2. All players start in the Cold Harbor prison, but in character creation they can choose where they land.
    a ) Racial starting points (EP, AD, DC quest starting zones)
    b ) They washed up on the shore of mansion about to get robbed (Theives Guild start)
    c ) They washed up on the shore near a lighthous (Dark Brotherhood start)
    d ) They get pulled out of the water onto a boat, the crew is on an expedition (Murkmire start)
    e ) They get pulled out of the water by slavers (Morrowind Start)
    f ) They landed on the ground, unconscious and were picked up by a convoy that was later attacked by a dragon (Elsywer start)
    e ) They landed on the ground, unconscious and were picked up by a convoy that was later attacked by bandits (Wrothgar start)
    g ) They landed in a mysterious ruin, that soon after collapsed (Summerset start)

Step 3. Have no faction choice. Your race will determine your first alliance quest line. Instead have a choice for a starting Mundus given there are no Mundus in the DLC regions.

Step 4. Allow the account to choose the faction for PVP purposes, all character on that account will be bound to that faction for the duration of the season. When the season ends, the account reverts to faction-less until they decide to go into a PVP area where you are forced to choose a side.

That way, faction is removed from all PvE content and PvP players simply choose their faction for the season. No need for faction change tokens, no regrets when you join a guild that only fights on one faction, just select that one next season.

To start in any other zone than vanilla you need to a ) own the DLC and b ) have completed it on another character, then it unlocks. Exceptions to that would be the latest chapter as some people may want to jump straight in.

The only drawback I see is people may always want to choose the winning faction, so provide an AP bonus for joining another faction.