Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Buying completed skill trees makes the under-level-50 PvP campaign pay-to-win

HumbleThaumaturge
HumbleThaumaturge
✭✭✭✭
Personally, I think it is real-wrong to allow players to use real money to buy skyshard skill points and completed skill trees. But it's in the game or soon will be, so it is a done-deal. However, Dear ZOS, please consider adding a "flag" to characters such that if a player buys skyshard skill points or any completed skill tree at the Crown Store that character CANNOT enter the under-level-50 PvP campaign. Being able to use a credit card to buy skill points and completed skill trees for a new character clearly makes the under-level-50 campaign Pay-to-Win. There are some players who spend most of their game-time in that campaign and won't mind spending the real money to dominate other (poorer) players. I have enjoyed playing this campaign in the past; but I shudder to think how this campaign will play with big-spenders able to buy advanced character abilities for their new characters. I am very sad to see the game go down this path.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *And people thought werewolves were bad*
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The under 50 campaign is one of two things: a training wheels campaign for the inexperienced and undergeared, or a playground for maxed out twinks who have been rerolling there since it was Blackwater Blade. Since ZOS doesn’t enforce conditions that would promote the former, it has largely been the latter for years. The players you’re talking about already bring guild ultimates etc. to their noob-smashing adventures, and no one (neither ZOS nor the campaign’s regulars) seems to care very much. This change will only mean they have the opportunity to lose real world money in doing so, instead of merely their dignity.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    I am usually against the P2W argument but the OP has a good point. I guess it's play at your own risk.
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course, this PtW concern also applies to under-level-50 Battlegrounds, as well as the under-level-50 Cyrodiil campaign.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I win anyway, regardless.
    PC EU
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go again...

Not pay to win, pay for convenience: if you are able to buy the lines is because you unlock them with another char...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm, maybe you should just level up?

Complaining about some nonsense in the under-50 campaign is like complaining about the pee in the kiddie pool... just move to the grownup pool, and it won't be a problem :wink:
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing that can not already be earned before 50 for sale.

Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. All skill lines maxed, every skyshard in the game with all skills and passives you need will put you at level 38-30 depending on how much you killed.

Now, you can technically have the skill line open to you at level 10 sure and then you can buy the skyshards you need to get the skill point you need sure.

So you are saying that someone can spend hundreds of dollars to get something at level 10 that I can get in a weekend and be level 30.

And with the level of "leetness" they will have they will be at level 30 in a day or two anyway, so why not just take those 2 days and save your 500 bucks it would take to skip those pesky 20 levels.

Also, the sky is staying put.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again...

Not pay to win, pay for convenience: if you are able to buy the lines is because you unlock them with another char...

this time it really is pay to win, I havent done the maths but its going to be near impossible to level up fighters without getting close to 50. So regarding purely sub 50 twinking, yes, it is far more pay to win.

Not that twinking isnt already dumb as ***.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go again...

Would you be able to have max undaunted on a level 30 character, if you got it the "old-fashioned" way?
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    n4f718yg0m84.png

And yes you can get udaunted by level 30

You get 15 people in a group and you swap dailies. This is 150 undaunted a day with about 10k exp

undaunted 10 is 1500 XP

You get 30 for this ones on me, 10 for each dungone blocker, healer damage dealer etc.

Fighters guild there are many zombie that are summoned that give fighters guild and not xp
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Harrdarrzarr @validifyedneb18_ESO Just read @yodased posts.

There's the answer.
    yodased wrote: »
    n4f718yg0m84.png

And yes you can get udaunted by level 30

You get 15 people in a group and you swap dailies. This is 150 undaunted a day with about 10k exp

undaunted 10 is 1500 XP

You get 30 for this ones on me, 10 for each dungone blocker, healer damage dealer etc.

Fighters guild there are many zombie that are summoned that give fighters guild and not xp

Edited by redlink1979 on July 11, 2019 2:17PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buying the skill lines from the CS will allow to stay in the lowbie campaign for far longer because you dont get the XP as you would normally do, for me is not and issue because I'm not playing there but the thing might lead to some really unbalanced stuff. Guess we'll wait and see.
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy solution. Bar veteran players from playing in the non-vet campaign...
    Ours is the Fury
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again...

actually on this topis it goes into pay 2 win...just grinding the skillines out, will bring enough EXP to bring you up to lvl 45-50
    So how can a LVL 3 char have all skyshards, + some of the most grindy skillines without ever having killed something?

IMO each of these skilllines should NOT be in th ecronwtore, due to the EXP problem which can occur.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this time it really is pay to win, I havent done the maths but its going to be near impossible to level up fighters without getting close to 50. So regarding purely sub 50 twinking, yes, it is far more pay to win.

Not that twinking isnt already dumb as ***.

Unless they changed something you can have dawnbreaker morphed at level 3.

Trust me I am a "twinkly lil star". :)

Edited by vamp_emily on July 11, 2019 2:50PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just restrict skill line purchases to people who are level 50.

If people are looking for convenience for getting a character ready for vet content, this restriction would not hinder them.

If people are looking to twink out a new character to steamroll sub-50 PvP, then they'll have to do it the old-fashioned way.
    Edited by code65536 on July 11, 2019 2:53PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don´t allow them to be bought on that aren´t 50?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So either 50% of every person interacting with all these threads has me on ignore or they just refuse to look at evidence.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they don’t add a mechanism to prevent me from getting Dawnbreaker at level 10, you’re damn sure I’m going to slaughter some mofos.

#ForTheLulz
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    If they don’t add a mechanism to prevent me from getting Dawnbreaker at level 10, you’re damn sure I’m going to slaughter some mofos.

#ForTheLulz

They already have it. How is this hard to understand. You can already get dawnbreaker at level 10 and you are not slaughtering mofos.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So either 50% of every person interacting with all these threads has me on ignore or they just refuse to look at evidence.

Just because twinking is already possible doesn't mean that it should be encouraged and/or made easier.

A level 50 restriction won't adversely impact the most common use case: getting a new character ready for vet content.

And although it won't prevent twinking, it doesn't encourage it and make it too easy. What's not to understand?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

#ForTheLulz

They already have it. How is this hard to understand. You can already get dawnbreaker at level 10 and you are not slaughtering mofos.

talk about fake news.

lulz.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Just because twinking is already possible doesn't mean that it should be encouraged and/or made easier.

A level 50 restriction won't adversely impact the most common use case: getting a new character ready for vet content.

And although it won't prevent twinking, it doesn't encourage it and make it too easy. What's not to understand?

I am not saying anything about if you should or shouldn't do it.

The point is, when you are up in arms about something that already exists in the game and saying it is pay to win or that it will change things you are just wrong.

It doesn't change anything, if anything it shines a light on the supposed problem of rerolls.

Just because I present facts doesn't mean I agree with the implication of those facts.

Stop spreading misinformation about what is possible in the game and the argument about whether it should be there in the first place can be had.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if you prevented new characters from purchasing skill lines it won’t change anything in that campaign. Besides Zeni is in business to make money and part of how they’re doing just that is selling the skill lines. Honestly sounds like a L2P issue for the OP.

As others have said just level up and get outta that bracket if you can’t handle the heat.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on July 11, 2019 3:49PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

#ForTheLulz

talk about fake news.

lulz.

@chunkycat just because you don't know how to do it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it’s very easy to level up fighters guild at low level while earning very little exp. it’s nothing new and hardly a secret anymore. The earliest I’ve morphed DB was level 22ish but I’m certain it can be done even sooner.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on July 11, 2019 3:49PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This only matters in lowbie PVP. It's not p2w. It can create an Advantage over new pvp'ers and over players who will not buy the skill lines for various reasons. By itself, extra skill lines are not extremely advantageous but, paired with gold gear that some dedicated rerollers have, it is absolutely a recipe for unfair gameplay, especially against new players.

BWB used to allow CP and it was finally disabled. Anyone who was there at the time should remember how ridiculous CP in BWB was.

People can buy whatever they want but, in my opinion, purchased skill lines should be disabled in all instances of lowbie PVP. Gold gear and group dungeon and trial sets should also be disabled.

Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    This only matters in lowbie PVP. It's not p2w. It can create an Advantage over new pvp'ers and over players who will not buy the skill lines for various reasons. By itself, extra skill lines are not extremely advantageous but, paired with gold gear that some dedicated rerollers have, it is absolutely a recipe for unfair gameplay, especially against new players.

BWB used to allow CP and it was finally disabled. Anyone who was there at the time should remember how ridiculous CP in BWB was.

People can buy whatever they want but, in my opinion, purchased skill lines should be disabled in all instances of lowbie PVP. Gold gear and group dungeon and trial sets should also be disabled.

Now here is a conversation that can and should happen in my opinion.

I am of the opinion that its a total scumbag thing to do and if you are rerolling gold geared pre50s then you are a horrible example of a gamer, but at the same time, if they can get 12 level 30s to run asylum or they spend the money to gold their gear why should that be disallowed?

The one thing that would be able to solve this is to have two pre 50 campaigns.

1 for people that do no have any characters above 50 and one for people that do. As soon as you hit CP you can no longer roll into that baby pvp.

This will remove the advantage from rolling alts against people that have no history in the game while giving the supposed "rerollers" a place to fight in the restricted environment they claim to enjoy.

The problem with this is there is no way enough population to support it.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker at level 10 in its current form is an exploit. Feel free to get yourself banned.