Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Buying completed skill trees makes the under-level-50 PvP campaign pay-to-win

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can grind these skills out and not buy anything. Meteor, psijic ult, 2h ult, destro ult, s&b ult, and dawn breaker. I've seen them all used in under 50.

All zos needs to do is price them at 3-5k crowns and only a small few will buy them.

They'll just continue obtaining these skill lines for free the way they have been doing it for years now.
    And do you really think zos will block certain ppl from making them money?

Edit. I've also seen vipers, bsw, bone pirates, asylum weaps, and monster sets in under 50. What do propose zos do about those items?
    Edited by MajBludd on July 17, 2019 9:39AM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    They can grind these skills out and not buy anything. Meteor, psijic ult, 2h ult, destro ult, s&b ult, and dawn breaker. I've seen them all used in under 50.

All zos needs to do is price them at 3-5k crowns and only a small few will buy them.

They'll just continue obtaining these skill lines for free the way they have been doing it for years now.
    And do you really think zos will block certain ppl from making them money?

Edit. I've also seen vipers, bsw, bone pirates, asylum weaps, and monster sets in under 50. What do propose zos do about those items?

Yes you are correct all of this is current practices but as you stated they grinded means they at least done some work and the gear collection well that in itself takes time effort even if it is pretty cheesy it still takes time and that's what we're saying here don't just give them a free hand in the game to be able to get achievements if they got to do it in a Cheesy way well I guess that's just on them but let's not just hand it to them
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on July 17, 2019 10:46PM
  • Hawke9
    Hawke9
    Soul Shriven
    Pay 2 win doesn't mean pay 2 lazy. Different things. This is pay 2 lazy, nothing more. Pay 2 win is defined as paying for an advantage over another person. So, if I'm willing to grind out these skill lines, how is the person buying those same skill lines having an advantage over me? They were lazy, they aren't winning. We have no advantages over each other, and everything we have can be obtained in the game through normal play, at any level.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is a non issue, the only thing that you will be able to get that you currently already cant before level 10 is undaunted. If you think having a little bit more max stat will make you better idk what to say.

I dont think I know a single person that would be wasting probs 2000 crowns to be able to have a very minimal buff for a week of gameplay in lowbie.
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    The under 50 campaign is one of two things: a training wheels campaign for the inexperienced and undergeared, or a playground for maxed out twinks who have been rerolling there since it was Blackwater Blade. Since ZOS doesn’t enforce conditions that would promote the former, it has largely been the latter for years. The players you’re talking about already bring guild ultimates etc. to their noob-smashing adventures, and no one (neither ZOS nor the campaign’s regulars) seems to care very much. This change will only mean they have the opportunity to lose real world money in doing so, instead of merely their dignity.

Facts. I remember beginning of 2017 I think, I went into BWB because I had friends in there and came across this one dude with an Ego larger than the EP pop. He was always Emp and every 10 levels, he'd have new Golded gear. I knew this guy and others would delete toons that hit 50 and came back in later.

Sub 50 is a good idea in concept but horribly implemented. There's no measures to prevent smurfs/long time players. It's a shame because PvP is a massive turn off for new players. They tell me "I went in and got demolished. I can't do anything, so I don't plan on going back. At least any time soon"
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • SirSchmoopy1535
      I think it would be perfectly reasonable to limit buying Skill lines to only toons that are Champion level.
    • Dusk_Coven
      Dusk_Coven
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      slofwnd wrote: »
      Just make the skill line purchase available to lvl 50 toons, makes everyone happy. Alts get their skill lines when ready for end game content, twinks can't use them in below 50 pvp.

Skill Unlocks are probably meant as a shortcut for PvE player alts -- where this compromise isn't going to really hurt at all.
      I still think a zoom-to-50 token is coming soon, which would fit this compromise perfectly.
    • Hallothiel
      Hallothiel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Asked about this on another thread about this being pay-to-win for sub 50 pvp - never knew ‘twinks’ were a thing!

So people deliberately re-roll their characters so they can fight people who are trying out pvp, and stomp all over them to - what? Massage their ego? How bloody sad.

Would be better for sub50 to just come into normal pvp and join a group or guild & learn that way.

(And its therefore its not pay-to-win. It’s pay-to-be-a-d!ck)
    • Austinseph1
      Austinseph1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just remove the campaign and we are all on equal grounds, problem solved ;)
    • montgomery.luke07b16_ESO
      Hallothiel wrote: »
      Asked about this on another thread about this being pay-to-win for sub 50 pvp - never knew ‘twinks’ were a thing!

So people deliberately re-roll their characters so they can fight people who are trying out pvp, and stomp all over them to - what? Massage their ego? How bloody sad.

Would be better for sub50 to just come into normal pvp and join a group or guild & learn that way.

(And its therefore its not pay-to-win. It’s pay-to-be-a-d!ck)

Not at all, I make new toons all the time and my preferred method of leveling up is BG's.

I also happen to have a crafter so do craft purple sets to optimize my toon. Do i do this to stomp people? Not at all.

I do this to get a feel of how that toon will play at end level and to get familiar with its playstyle etc, why should I gimp myself or my learned knowledge to make a new players feel special??
      By Hircine's hand i mark thee!
    • Mettaricana
      Mettaricana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Personally, I think it is real-wrong to allow players to use real money to buy skyshard skill points and completed skill trees. But it's in the game or soon will be, so it is a done-deal. However, Dear ZOS, please consider adding a "flag" to characters such that if a player buys skyshard skill points or any completed skill tree at the Crown Store that character CANNOT enter the under-level-50 PvP campaign. Being able to use a credit card to buy skill points and completed skill trees for a new character clearly makes the under-level-50 campaign Pay-to-Win. There are some players who spend most of their game-time in that campaign and won't mind spending the real money to dominate other (poorer) players. I have enjoyed playing this campaign in the past; but I shudder to think how this campaign will play with big-spenders able to buy advanced character abilities for their new characters. I am very sad to see the game go down this path.

Last i checked under 50 is for noobs regardless of skills we got under 50 maxed werewolves and dawn breaker slingers as well as max psijic bubblers there is virtually nothing level restricted stopping anyone from having max skill lines by the time they hit bgs. Its not pay to win its pay to avoid grind.
      Edited by Mettaricana on July 18, 2019 1:08PM
    • labambao
      labambao
      ✭✭✭✭
      Also zos need add an option to stop exp gaining by character. I know few guys who plays only under 50 campaign in case it don't lag in prime, I would like to try it myself, but exping new character every few weeks is the thing I am not ready to.
    • Idinuse
      Idinuse
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No it doesn't.

If the Skill Trees could be bought without ever having to complete them first, it would be P2W. It isn't.

The ones that can buy the skill trees have already been doing hard what other people seem too lazy to do. It's a fair offer for having done the hard work already.

After you've played this game for over 5 years too I'm certain you'll see it the same way. The 18th time you have to level Mages/Fighters/Assault etc trees, you'll be so burnt out you consider leaving the game for something more rewarding and fun...

This is a good change, pity it simply wasn't unlocked account wide instead of going to the CS.
      Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?