The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you support faction locks?

• Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When ZOS decided to rework racial passives they gave everyone three race change and name change tokens. But when they decided to go back to faction locking campaigns there was no mention of Faction Change token. Why? A lot of players have been around since beta or new players most generally have no clue about how the 3 banner war works and are forced to possibly play on a side they don’t want. Making another character is such a lame excuse to down play their issue. I am all for faction locking myself but options need to be made available.

Possible solutions:
    1. Faction change token. Give us the opportunity to get on the side we want. Any Race Any Alliance is already a thing but for first characters chances are you don’t know about this.
    2. Account based AP. A lot are just after AP ranks for Titles/dyes/furnishings. Rank isn’t an evaluation of your skill but just shows time played. This would stop people that feel they must run on one character to level up and allow them to play what they want.

Just some suggestions
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Can we finally put a stake in the heart of this notion that Cyrodiil has room for two remotely viable 30 day CP campaigns? Both 30 no CP and the 7 day are largely already empty and there isn't a queue to get into Kaal in prime time. (Well maybe EP has one.)

Or that people should go to 7 day as a solution? If the shoe were on the other foot and 7 day were locked, the pro lock people would be the ones complaining that the 7 day is too empty to be a viable campaign.

7 day is where you go to GvG and that's about it.

The 30 day No-Cp is not largely empty.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    Can we finally put a stake in the heart of this notion that Cyrodiil has room for two remotely viable 30 day CP campaigns? Both 30 no CP and the 7 day are largely already empty and there isn't a queue to get into Kaal in prime time. (Well maybe EP has one.)

Or that people should go to 7 day as a solution? If the shoe were on the other foot and 7 day were locked, the pro lock people would be the ones complaining that the 7 day is too empty to be a viable campaign.

On XNA it is.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gariele wrote: »
    When ZOS decided to rework racial passives they gave everyone three race change and name change tokens. But when they decided to go back to faction locking campaigns there was no mention of Faction Change token. Why? A lot of players have been around since beta or new players most generally have no clue about how the 3 banner war works and are forced to possibly play on a side they don’t want. Making another character is such a lame excuse to down play their issue. I am all for faction locking myself but options need to be made available.

Possible solutions:
    1. Faction change token. Give us the opportunity to get on the side we want. Any Race Any Alliance is already a thing but for first characters chances are you don’t know about this.
    2. Account based AP. A lot are just after AP ranks for Titles/dyes/furnishings. Rank isn’t an evaluation of your skill but just shows time played. This would stop people that feel they must run on one character to level up and allow them to play what they want.

Just some suggestions

Re #1. It's not even that they're first characters. With the advent of One Tamriel we were encouraged to go out and meet new people, make new friends, which some of us did, and we "grew" some extra PvP characters. Now, unless I want to go PvDoor an empty campaign, 6/9 of my toons are largely useless. Sure, I run some dungeons and stuff with them, but I used to really enjoy trying out new things in PvP across all the classes/races. Along with playing from chums from different factions.

#2. Not bad. Not bad at all.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

On XNA it is.

That has been the most eye-opening stat for me. Before locks I'd play 7 day CP. Since the locks I've switched to the 30 day CP and almost all the other campaigns on xbna have dried up, even during prime time. Before the locks, at least the 7 day would have one or two bars even on off hours (9:00am-11:00am for me) but the only time I've seen that in the last month was when the 30 day was pop locked with a 30+ min queue time.

I'd be for switching the locked campaign to the 7 day as a definitive test on popularity but it is telling that I'm not the only former 7 day player to switch to the 30 day after the locks were put back.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

On XNA it is.

That has been the most eye-opening stat for me. Before locks I'd play 7 day CP. Since the locks I've switched to the 30 day CP and almost all the other campaigns on xbna have dried up, even during prime time. Before the locks, at least the 7 day would have one or two bars even on off hours (9:00am-11:00am for me) but the only time I've seen that in the last month was when the 30 day was pop locked with a 30+ min queue time.

I'd be for switching the locked campaign to the 7 day as a definitive test on popularity but it is telling that I'm not the only former 7 day player to switch to the 30 day after the locks were put back.

Yeah, as an Aussie I often straddle the prime/non-prime time, and both 7 day and esp. nocp have been looking pretty sick for a while now. Even the 30cp campaign has started to dipping to 0 pop. bars regularly.

I used to play a bit in nocp at my prime time (US off peak), and it was good fun, you'd usually end up with 5 or 6 people on either sides having running small scale battles across the map, but now... you're lucky if you can find one person in there.

Edited by Mr_Walker on July 16, 2019 2:48AM
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

On XNA it is.

Yeah, as an Aussie I often straddle the prime/non-prime time, and both 7 day and esp. nocp have been looking pretty sick for a while now. Even the 30cp campaign has started to dipping to 0 pop. bars regularly.

I used to play a bit in nocp at my prime time (US off peak), and it was good fun, you'd usually end up with 5 or 6 people on either sides having running small scale battles across the map, but now... you're lucky if you can find one person in there.

I work from 5:30pm to 4:00am most days so I miss the weekday na primetime but would catch it on the weekend. I've not seen this kind of population shift before, it's very odd. Unfortunately for the folks who would like a non locked no-cp, at least on xbna, it would not be very populated. I'll be hopping on soon to see what it's like at night (10:00pm here, I guess either late morning or early afternoon for you, depending on where in Aus. you are.)
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

On XNA it is.

That is too bad for XNA but on PCNA it isn’t. Unless I am mistaken and remembering incorrectly @NBrookus is on PCNA, and plays on the 30 day CP server. My point being on PCNA it isn’t dead. Does it suffer like the other servers since faction locks, yes the population is down. We the players can’t choose to help the underdog faction getting pushed so it is log out & go somewhere else. Yes this was a big thing on No CP PCNA. People also want to play with friends & I guess if they can’t well they just don’t play.

Which another point would be that with faction locks among other items introduced during the same time and over the past few patches. Cyrodiil population has begun to drop off again. The only reason in my opinion that the 30 day CP hasn’t felt it is that some people from no CP have migrated to the server.

I would also say the other reason for No CP drop in population is the overwhelming numbers of different factions who zerg the map and push people to their gates. All 3 factions do this. There was an attempt to discuss this by the faction/guild leaders on the server but it devolved into whose epeen was the biggest. The discord that Ody made has become a place where other faction players do get together to talk and have fun.

So if you are looking for good fights as a group on PCNA - check out No CP.
    Edited by Dutchessx on July 16, 2019 2:32PM
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We may have a different definition of dead. Every time I check 30 day no CP it's 1 bar across. Or 3+ bars DC and 1 bar EP and AD.

Which is a disappointment for me, because I prefer no CP gameplay.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    We may have a different definition of dead. Every time I check 30 day no CP it's 1 bar across. Or 3+ bars DC and 1 bar EP and AD.

I remembered seeing you there sometimes in the past. No CP has issues where it needs some good strong guilds on all sides that are in regularly. Right now it is being occupied by groups that run as long as they can pvdoor or fight against little opposition. I can only speak for what I see when I log in on my EP the past month. EP seems to take the map but as soon as strong opposition logs on they log off leaving the rest of us to fight against large amounts of DC & AD. While some people have done well with pugs. Those groups seem intent on pushing DC to the gates and camping them while AD runs over the map with little or no resistance. There are nights where it is more even but that usually isn’t until the weekends. When I put in zone X place UA Y spot by Z faction I get met with... “your not my real dad...” or something else and very few defenders come because they are pushing Warden, Rayles (sp), or Dragon and then spawn camp. When they get tired of it or they get resistance they log out. Leaving the rest of EP to fight all of AD because by that time DC has long logged out.
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I created most of my characters in during the era of the first faction lock, so I'm already mono-faction and the lock has almost no effect on me.

But I still oppose it.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I remembered seeing you there sometimes in the past. No CP has issues where it needs some good strong guilds on all sides that are in regularly. Right now it is being occupied by groups that run as long as they can pvdoor or fight against little opposition. I can only speak for what I see when I log in on my EP the past month. EP seems to take the map but as soon as strong opposition logs on they log off leaving the rest of us to fight against large amounts of DC & AD. While some people have done well with pugs. Those groups seem intent on pushing DC to the gates and camping them while AD runs over the map with little or no resistance. There are nights where it is more even but that usually isn’t until the weekends. When I put in zone X place UA Y spot by Z faction I get met with... “your not my real dad...” or something else and very few defenders come because they are pushing Warden, Rayles (sp), or Dragon and then spawn camp. When they get tired of it or they get resistance they log out. Leaving the rest of EP to fight all of AD because by that time DC has long logged out.

I've been gone for a while and just logging in every now and then casually, so I haven't really been homed anywhere. But the pattern of round robin faction pvdoor reminds me of the death rattles of Shor.

Even 30 day CP doesn't have a queue anymore. Populations should have rebounded post chapter release by now, but they haven;t. For what it's worth, getting people to defend on Kaal is also generally a losing proposition when they would rather get 6k AP for PVDooring something empty.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

On XNA it is.

I work from 5:30pm to 4:00am most days so I miss the weekday na primetime but would catch it on the weekend. I've not seen this kind of population shift before, it's very odd. Unfortunately for the folks who would like a non locked no-cp, at least on xbna, it would not be very populated. I'll be hopping on soon to see what it's like at night (10:00pm here, I guess either late morning or early afternoon for you, depending on where in Aus. you are.)

My personal guess? Death rattles. Bit sad really.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, and I want a refund for the characters I no longer can use. There is only ONE damn below 50 and only ONE damn no cp server. They did this to satisfy a small group of vocal traditionalists and didn't think about the ramifications for the rest of us.

I hope cyro dies and they turn it into a pve zone now.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    No, and I want a refund for the characters I no longer can use. There is only ONE damn below 50 and only ONE damn no cp server. They did this to satisfy a small group of vocal traditionalists and didn't think about the ramifications for the rest of us.

I hope cyro dies and they turn it into a pve zone now.

Oh my gosh, I hope you are wrong because I can’t play on the CP server due to my crappy internet.
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Wihuri
    Wihuri
    ✭✭✭
    It's so awful
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't.. let.. it.. die :cold_sweat:
    EU | PC
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faction lock has it’s benefits and it’s downsides just like most things. What we need to do is find some sort of middle ground which will benefit most of the players and not restrict gameplay.
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Faction lock has it’s benefits and it’s downsides just like most things. What we need to do is find some sort of middle ground which will benefit most of the players and not restrict gameplay.

I would agree with you @Vlad9425. I a little tired of being forced by game changes and unbalanced skills, etc., to change how I like to play. I'd like to see those who want a battlegrounds-type of play have what they like as well, but please don't force the rest of us to do it, too. Give those guys their own campaign. They clearly don't like battlegrounds or they would be in them instead of complaining about the way the rest of us want to play. Let them have a 30-day campaign that has no faction locks. Then maybe they will leave the rest of us alone. :
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    Faction lock is killing PvP or what remains of it.
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tsuriel wrote: »

I disagree. I don't think the ability or lack there of has anything to do with that. I think it has more to do with the fact that we have ulti bombers and players who are targeting the new people out there. The new people die every 10 secs or every time they set foot out of a keep (and sometimes even if they don't), and simply give up and "go home." THAT is what might be killing the pvp in this game, tbh.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »

Delete the dead 7-day campaign and replace it with an unlocked 30-day campaign.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    I disagree. I don't think the ability or lack there of has anything to do with that. I think it has more to do with the fact that we have ulti bombers and players who are targeting the new people out there. The new people die every 10 secs or every time they set foot out of a keep (and sometimes even if they don't), and simply give up and "go home." THAT is what might be killing the pvp in this game, tbh.
    The lack of sportsmanship -- whether rolling the map with giant faction stacks or farming randoms in optimized groups -- is definitely not conducive to growth.

But in the bigger picture, it's about investment. The major problem -- lag -- remains and whether one agrees with locked factions or any other big change in Cyrodiil, they all have the same thing in common: poor execution and limited or no follow-up for fine tuning/iteration.

Outside of the debate about whether locked factions should have happened, it could and should have been implemented far better.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do people who are not objective pvp orientated, i.e they would play for any faction, want a 30 day campaign. It makes no sense to me. If this poll is truly representative of the number of the people who don't like faction lock then you could just leave for the 7 day campaign, fill it and stop moaning.
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people who are not objective pvp orientated, i.e they would play for any faction, want a 30 day campaign. It makes no sense to me. If this poll is truly representative of the number of the people who don't like faction lock then you could just leave for the 7 day campaign, fill it and stop moaning.

Being against faction lock doesn't mean you aren't PvP oriented, that's the typical assumption people like you try to swing up other people's behinds. I guess ruining PvP isn't enough, now you have to concoct lies and false assumptions. No wonder this game is going down the drain.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Being against faction lock doesn't mean you aren't PvP oriented, that's the typical assumption people like you try to swing up other people's behinds. I guess ruining PvP isn't enough, now you have to concoct lies and false assumptions. No wonder this game is going down the drain.

They said “objective PvP oriented”, as in playing PvP for the objectives ZOS gave us in the alliance war (keeps, scrolls, etc). ZOS created BGs for those who “just want good fights” and don’t care about alliance war objectives.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »

Your disagreement is irrelevant. The "peak" times are getting shorter and shorter, and have been so markedly since rp lock was introduced.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with faction lock, but I think zos should have allowed people to change what faction their characters are beforehand, for free.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with faction lock, but I think zos should have allowed people to change what faction their characters are beforehand, for free.

I don’t think this would’ve made a difference. Players with characters in all 3 alliances that like to farm noobs liked the ability to flip to underpopulated factions because that gave them the most potential “victims”. They’d still hate by being unable to flip factions.
    Edited by Marcus684 on August 17, 2019 4:41PM
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No for Cyrodiil, yes for imperial city