The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you support faction locks?

• imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way faction lock works now, no. I think ZOS reintroduced the old just as broken system they had a few years ago. If ZOS had even tried (which we know they didn't) they could have easily added in another system that's could have satisfied the majority of both sides. I saw a lot of good options back when ZOS first said they were re-adding faction locks
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I really never understood the need to flip sides all the time. kind of boring if you think about it.. lets all log into a faction take keeps and crown an emp. Then log into another faction take back the keeps and crown a new emp, pat each other on the back and say "Yay!! Congrats to the new Emp!" and then the new fake Emp would respond, "I couldn't have done it without you.. thanks for the push!!".

Even though DC is going through a challenging time ( pc/na/kaal ), I think they are doing a great job since faction locked.

Zone chat before Faction Lock:
    player: Don't tell me how to play
    player: I can do what I want, i paid for the game. Not you!
    player: nobody cares about the score, that is so beta
    player: I'm only here for the rewards

Zone chat after Faction Lock:
    player: Lock down the gates!
    player: 10 min til eval.. take something
    player: Great team work
    player: Awesome job guys!!
    -

Idk what platform you play but zone chat has literally not changed at all in terms of toxicity.
    Most people don’t care about score
    Most people are only there for rewards
    Lock literally only caters to obnoxious toxic role players who have lack any perspective.
    Zone chat is still toxic as usual... which I don’t mind because it provides entertainment
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I don't know why we have to even have this … You have a choice. If you don't like the faction locks, go play on a server that doesn't have them. If you like them, play on a server that does. It's that simple.
    @Earthewen
    Show me a 30 day CP campaign without faction lock and i'll happily join that with each of my 5 mains.
    Until then, you are wrong ...
    poke.gif
    @SirAndy Spoken like a person who thinks that with their loud mouthed complaining and crying they can control the world around them.
    So, you admit you are wrong. Thanks ....
    bye1.gif

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why we have to even have this … You have a choice. If you don't like the faction locks, go play on a server that doesn't have them. If you like them, play on a server that does. It's that simple.

Not everyone that is either for or against this thing spends time on the forums. There are great many people that are the silent majority and think these forums are too trolllish to even bother with using them. Gee … given the screaming from the same people in every thread having to do with this, I'd say they were right.

Dear ZOS, please don't let a minority of loud mouthed complainers ruin this game for everyone else. We've already lost enough people to other games because of all the trolling and complaining.

well said
    all truth
    and by the way, forum polls are not the community because many people dont even come to this forum and even more people wont even see this thread and poll.
    many people just play the game and never even come to the forums.
    if you want to see a true poll of peoples desires of stuff in eso then you have to ask them directly by their email@accountnames not forum poll.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

Not everyone that is either for or against this thing spends time on the forums. There are great many people that are the silent majority and think these forums are too trolllish to even bother with using them. Gee … given the screaming from the same people in every thread having to do with this, I'd say they were right.

Dear ZOS, please don't let a minority of loud mouthed complainers ruin this game for everyone else. We've already lost enough people to other games because of all the trolling and complaining.

well said
    all truth
    and by the way, forum polls are not the community because many people dont even come to this forum and even more people wont even see this thread and poll.
    if you want to see a true poll of peoples desires of stuff in eso then you have to ask them directly by their email@accountnames not forum poll.

[snip]

"Hell yeah, man, your opinion is the same as mine, so it's truth, [insert getting on knees here]" :*<3

[edited for non-constructive comment]
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on July 2, 2019 8:06PM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say yes if they only kept someone from being able to choose 'home' on multiple alliances of the same campaign.

But with the population and campaigns as they are, you should be able to enter 'as guest' (I know there isn't guest anymore, but hopefully you get what I mean) on any campaign.

That's what I thought this would be when they announced it. But locking someone from playing even as a guest on a campaign when there aren't enough campaigns or pops just isn't a great idea.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Pain In The Axe
    Pain In The Axe
    ✭✭✭
    Faction lock is really pointless, why is it that we can pve with all our friends in different alliances but we cant pvp with them now? The 7 day campaign is a joke, its litteraly on 1 bar of population until prime time hits, then it SOMETIMES hits 3 bars but very rarely.
    ESO STREAM TEAM MEMBER
    TWITCH PARTNER
    CERTIFIED CHAD
  • ForgottenEntity
    If it was in the game to begin with (which I know it was) and stayed that way from day one, it would be fine, but since that is not the case, many people have made alts on other factions for various reasons (playing with friends or guild mates being my primary reason). With that in mind the faction lock system they have chosen to reintroduce simply doesn't work for this game, and causes a great deal of frustration for me and many others.
    If they would like to keep faction lock (but not as punishing as it is now), I believe that once a month you choose a faction, regardless of the toon you are playing's actual faction, you serve the one you chose for the month (this solution allows friends to all choose the same faction without loosing access to their favorite toons, and doesn't effect achievements earned on characters in any way (the main issue ZOS has with adding Alliance Change Tokens)).
    IGN—@Azrau
    I am a 21 year old Dungeons and Dragons goof, a gamer by heart, and now a Streamer over on Twitch
    My favorite class is Magic Nightblade “Magblade”, though I frequently play other classes with the intent to learn them all
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support because it's a team game, and I'm not sure I can think of any other team-based game - even IRL - that allows players to hop onto the other team when the going gets tough.

However, I'm aware of the pain points of Faction Locking too. Cyrodiil should have been reworked like Battlegrounds where you have Green, Orange and Purple teams and when you pick one, ALL your characters can play under that team for the length of the campaign.

I'm also in favor of complete campaign resets at the end of the campaign, and kicking all players out so everyone is free to pick their team for the following campaign, and it starts with all keeps and scrolls reset.
    PS4NA
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭

well said
    all truth

[snip]

"Hell yeah, man, your opinion is the same as mine, so it's truth, [snip]" :*<3

Interesting choice in response there. Someone struck your nerve eh?
    If someone disagreeing with you degenerates your only argument into personal insults immediately really proves how fragile your own argument was in the first place.

Faction locks are a good thing. Like all change (including when they were removed), it will take time for factions to sort themselves out and for the good guilds to decide on & commit to a home. It's already beginning for AD on pc/na/kaal. Personally, I'm happy to see them dig themselves out of the grave and find themselves on top for once!

I am a single-faction EP player, sure. But that's by choice. And uh... the argument that you cannot play with your friends really doesn't fly, honestly. Perhaps you couldn't for the first campaign because you failed to coordinate with them?
    Here again: time will be the equaling factor. Now you know to coordinate with your highest priority group of friends before clicking Home.

I'm not against ZOS providing some duplicate / triplicate campaign options like they had when this was originally implemented. But then, they'd have to fix their infrastructure to allow for actual open populations during prime time (i.e. no queue needed). And I think we all know just how long we can hold our collective breath for THAT to happen.

Really though, faction lock = absolute yes from me. Hopping from one to another any given hour simply because you didn't like the way things were going tonight on one of them is not the way to get better. Learn from mistakes, get better at the game, make friends, join a guild... adapt & overcome.

Faction locks promote grouping which many here seem to forget that's where you likely made your friends in the first place. It also promotes older players mentoring newer ones. It promotes MUCH more than it obstructs.

It also happens to fit lore... for those who care.
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on July 2, 2019 6:45PM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I really never understood the need to flip sides all the time. kind of boring if you think about it.. lets all log into a faction take keeps and crown an emp. Then log into another faction take back the keeps and crown a new emp, pat each other on the back and say "Yay!! Congrats to the new Emp!" and then the new fake Emp would respond, "I couldn't have done it without you.. thanks for the push!!".

Even though DC is going through a challenging time ( pc/na/kaal ), I think they are doing a great job since faction locked.

Zone chat before Faction Lock:
    player: Don't tell me how to play
    player: I can do what I want, i paid for the game. Not you!
    player: nobody cares about the score, that is so beta
    player: I'm only here for the rewards

Zone chat after Faction Lock:
    player: Lock down the gates!
    player: 10 min til eval.. take something
    player: Great team work
    player: Awesome job guys!!
    -

lolwut.

I don't know what platform/server you're on, but on XNA it's more like...

Before lock---

player: You're a crap player
    player: WTF are you?
    player: Fight more talk less
    player: don't tell me what to do
    player: lol every1 knows you're a leeching scab
    player: kiss my arse
    player: your mom did last night, now she's begging for breakfast
    player: this is why DC is so worthless
    player: so go take some keeps then loser
    player: yeah so he can run in and leech the tick
    player: you made emp once for 14 minutes and you were the worst emp ever
    player: so salty scab

After lock---

player: You're a crap player
    player: WTF are you?
    player: Fight more talk less
    player: don't tell me what to do
    player: lol every1 knows you're a leeching scab
    player: kiss my arse
    player: your mom did last night, now she's begging for breakfast
    player: this is why DC is so worthless
    player: so go take some keeps then loser
    player: yeah so he can run in and leech the tick
    player: you made emp once for 14 minutes and you were the worst emp ever
    player: so salty scab

Can you notice a difference? Yeah, me neither....
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mr_Walker I couldn’t have said it better on Xbox NA except for one thing. It’s usually the same people instead of new people to spice up the insults making it bland after a while.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Yes im happy with it

Most people i know do,

a few forum warriors are against it pretending they are elite

ironic if you take a look at the poll
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mr_Walker I couldn’t have said it better on Xbox NA except for one thing. It’s usually the same people instead of new people to spice up the insults making it bland after a while.

You main DC? If so I reckon you know who I'm talking about too.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Are yall talking about DC chat like two nights ago? 😂😂😂
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds no different from the dc in pc na. I remember one dude going crazy in zone once over an hour about how ep and ad shouldn't be able to play bretons because they aren't loyal to the motherland.
    Dude took his lore VERY seriously... Yet somehow he had no objection to orcs and redguards... *shrugs*
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    Yes im happy with it

Most people i know do,

You do know that most forum polls are not statistically relevant because they self select from a relatively small and definitely non representative population, right?

That's true no matter what the poll or the result, BTW.

The active forum population is just too small to get statistically significant results, and 169 votes at last I looked is definitely too small.

I teach enough with statistics that it hurts a little when people think this forum polls are somehow proving anything, either way. They really don't. At most, they prove that "of the participants on the forums who answered (a tiny and non representive number), X players think Y."
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Earthewen
    Show me a 30 day CP campaign without faction lock and i'll happily join that with each of my 5 mains.
    poke.gif
    @SirAndy Spoken like a person who thinks that with their loud mouthed complaining and crying they can control the world around them.
    bye1.gif

nope. not wrong. But thanks for proving my point.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You do know that most forum polls are not statistically relevant because they self select from a relatively small and definitely non representative population, right?

The active forum population is just too small to get statistically significant results, and 169 votes at last I looked is definitely too small.

I teach enough with statistics that it hurts a little when people think this forum polls are somehow proving anything, either way. They really don't. At most, they prove that "of the participants on the forums who answered (a tiny and non representive number), X players think Y."

Yeah Pretty much, I Always find it funny that both sides refer to polls done on the Forums to support that they have a majority supporting them when the number of People on the Forum is already small and the number of People on the Forum actively Voting in a poll is even smaller. There is a large dark number on both the faction lock supporters and opponents sides.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes im happy with it

Most people i know do,

yes, and it becomes even more aparent when same few try to drive the same agenda over and over by creating more and more threads just swamping the forum... Mods should just merge all these threads into one, their just anoying at this point, espechially since its essentially the same people doing it over and over...

as far as i know, there wont be any change on the matter, SOZ has sort of given it very clear theyre not going to revert anything...
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes im happy with it

Most people i know do,

Exactly, @VaranisArano. We also know the type of person that tends to frequent the forums most often in the pvp sections and these folks tend to be the …. how shall I say this nicely … the less than helpful individuals.

If a faction locks is … say 200, and there are up to 100 in queue, which we've seen before, and there are 3 factions … that's a whole lot of people NOT being represented on this poll. It would seem it is rather pointless and not a good statistical evidence of anything.
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Are yall talking about DC chat like two nights ago? 😂😂😂

Whoever it is, please keep them over on DC. :wink:
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes im happy with it

Most people i know do,

He's right, this isn't enough data. For example, you put a poll like this in the general thread and the results will favour yes. Different people, different points of view.
    @Earthewen
    poke.gif
    bye1.gif

What point? You just got testy and nipped at someone because they disagreed with your post. Oh my lord, the sky is falling!
    Edited by ellahellabella on July 2, 2019 12:28PM

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes im happy with it

Most people i know do,

He's right, this isn't enough data. For example, you put a poll like this in the general thread and the results will favour yes. Different people, different points of view.
    @Earthewen
    poke.gif
    bye1.gif

What point? You just got testy and nipped at someone because they disagreed with your post. Oh my lord, the sky is falling!

The problem is that it was not the disagreement with my post. I don't mind the disagreement. What I do not like is the tendency of people to try to shut down the opposition. Mr. Sir has a long history of trying to shut down other people. Normally, I wouldn't have responded, but I think this issue is important to the pvp in this game. :-)
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes im happy with it

Most people i know do,

@Earthewen
    poke.gif
    bye1.gif

The problem is that it was not the disagreement with my post. I don't mind the disagreement. What I do not like is the tendency of people to try to shut down the opposition. Mr. Sir has a long history of trying to shut down other people. Normally, I wouldn't have responded, but I think this issue is important to the pvp in this game. :-)

In a way this is true because he called you wrong which is complete disregard in its sense BUT, next time instead of going straight into attacks, stay calm and ask "How am I wrong?"
    You'll make a lot more progress that way in the art of diplomacy.

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is what is called good PvP, then this is crazy. It doesn't take much to pvdoor the entire map, get the emp, AND the hammer, … what next? We all remember the recent history of the overpowered abuse of necrobash that usually accompanied this.

This is the guild that put the original post on this poll/forum. I'm just saying that the validity of this entire poll should be questioned. I'm not seeing a lot of integrity with this group nor a lot of honor.

https://i.imgur.com/vBUBNsk.png

Edited by Earthewen on July 2, 2019 3:10PM
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ellahellabella Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. In some ways though, and his history of speaking is proof, you cannot be reasonable with unreasonable people. He's just one of those people ...
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ellahellabella Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. In some ways though, and his history of speaking is proof, you cannot be reasonable with unreasonable people. He's just one of those people ...

Everyone group hug !
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kungfu wrote: »

well said
    all truth

Beautiful display of ***!

"Hell yeah, man, your opinion is the same as mine, so it's truth, lemme get on my knees for you!" :*<3

Interesting choice in response there. Someone struck your nerve eh?
    If someone disagreeing with you degenerates your only argument into personal insults immediately really proves how fragile your own argument was in the first place.

Faction locks are a good thing. Like all change (including when they were removed), it will take time for factions to sort themselves out and for the good guilds to decide on & commit to a home. It's already beginning for AD on pc/na/kaal. Personally, I'm happy to see them dig themselves out of the grave and find themselves on top for once!

I am a single-faction EP player, sure. But that's by choice. And uh... the argument that you cannot play with your friends really doesn't fly, honestly. Perhaps you couldn't for the first campaign because you failed to coordinate with them?
    Here again: time will be the equaling factor. Now you know to coordinate with your highest priority group of friends before clicking Home.

I'm not against ZOS providing some duplicate / triplicate campaign options like they had when this was originally implemented. But then, they'd have to fix their infrastructure to allow for actual open populations during prime time (i.e. no queue needed). And I think we all know just how long we can hold our collective breath for THAT to happen.

Really though, faction lock = absolute yes from me. Hopping from one to another any given hour simply because you didn't like the way things were going tonight on one of them is not the way to get better. Learn from mistakes, get better at the game, make friends, join a guild... adapt & overcome.

Faction locks promote grouping which many here seem to forget that's where you likely made your friends in the first place. It also promotes older players mentoring newer ones. It promotes MUCH more than it obstructs.

It also happens to fit lore... for those who care.

I see this mentioned a lot. Just coordinate with your friends. But it really isn't that simple.

Let's say you have 2 groups of friends you regularly play with, 3 players in each group. So 6 people.

Group 1: EP group that plays in 30 Day CP

Group 2: DC group that plays in 30 Day CP

Seems simple enough right, but those 2 groups have 6 people that also have different friends. And those 6 people now have to coordinate their friend groups as well. So, these two friend groups now have to take into account the needs of 7 players (6+the first player). But then you run into issues where Player 2 on Group 1 has a friend who only plays AD in the 30 day CP campaign, and Player 3 of Group 2 has a friend who only plays EP in the 30 day CP campaign. So, those two players are excluded from playing in one of their friend groups because of this lock because those friends who only player one color in that campaign also have their own group of friends who only play that color in that campaign. And it isn't possible to coordinate the interconnected nature of our guild system and the relationships that the non lock period of gameplay has fostered. I doubt that you can coordinated groups of people who also have their own groups of people who also have their own groups of people that they all play with in varying ways.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I strongly support faction locks and Cyrodiil has been so much better with them in place. There's no more trolling and everyone works together as a team more. Now with 19 days left in the campaign everyone is locked in and there's no more running to the other factions when things don't go your way.