The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

POLL: Performance fix or new content(vote and help show zos)

stpdmonkey
stpdmonkey
✭✭✭
I am creating a poll to try and help press zos to possibly give the true players the game they want. Do note that it is understood new content will not stop. But maybe just maybe we can get a bigger focus on fixes started. The purpose of the way this poll is worded is to show zos what the people who are already playing would rather have even tho we understand that new content would not stop.
Edited by stpdmonkey on June 18, 2019 1:38PM

POLL: Performance fix or new content(vote and help show zos) 973 votes

Fix in game performance issues while putting new content on hold.
83% 815 votes
Continue with current trend of creating new content and slight performance issue fix.
12% 118 votes
Performance is fine. Create new content.
4% 40 votes
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's a "true player"? :*
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    What's a "true player"? :*

Those who actually play. Not the accounts that havnt logged in in a year. Those who actually play. Doesnt matter which aspect you play. Crafting, housing design, end game, casual, pvp, pve, just anyone who actually plays.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Once again, content and bug / performance fixes are TWO SEPERATE DAMN THINGS!

[snip]

[Edit for bait.]

Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 10, 2019 11:44PM
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

[Edit for bait.]

So you are telling me that those who create content are not capable of bug fixes. Of having their department stop for one patch on creating content and fixing the stuff they made and the bugs in their content.
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭

[snip]

[Edit for bait.]

It's two seperate things in a sense, yes. But if they see people are more interested in seeing performance updates rather than some new dungeons then they may justify putting resources into that instead. You see in a production like this you will have a budget for the upcoming dlc, or even the yearly plan.

Say you have $100, currently they might put $95 on content (designers) and $5 on performance(programmers and server improvements). With enough people voicing their opinion that the performance really is ruining their experience in this game, they might justify putting back more engine programmers and more work to the back end and maybe going 50/50 or 25/75 with the budget instead. In the end it's about the money and how you spend it. Another thing they could do is put additional resources on the game because they see it has potential if they fix the major issues.

I just think most of the zos staff who could even have a hand in fixing these issues are on other projects, most likely their upcoming mmo, or the mobile game.
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Hence the reason for polls and information like this. If no one does anything then nothing will change. There may not even be a change for anything we do. But we have to try. My game enjoyment is greatly decreased due to issues. You cannot expect change if no one does anything.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, to both,
    but they need to hire the missing roles to actually fix stuff, those for new content are already in place...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I refuse to vote here. The votes are hidden.

• Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

[snip]

[Edit for bait.]

Then someone needs to hire more people for performance fix
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 10, 2019 11:45PM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they more or less told the audience that they killed it with eso, nailed it, best game evar.

So my answer would be both... and less money into mobile games :open_mouth:
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fix performance.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really a poll, if you still added releasing new content while fixing performance. I much rather performance before anything new
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    Not really a poll, if you still added releasing new content while fixing performance. I much rather performance before anything new

I am trying to see if players if the game agree with wher. They wont add more resources to this games investment. That's how they have put it in the past. The resources they allocate to the game are limited. I want to know where us as players of this game would like to see their resources allocated.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    let me guess -

this thread will have a 'uge bump

after today's magnificiens maintenance =D
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    let me guess -

this thread will have a 'uge bump

after today's magnificiens maintenance =D

I can only hope. If enough voice an opinion maybe we can convince zos to do something about it.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The poll speaks for itself
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    We need alot more votes to even have a chance of helping.
  • Ethos
    Ethos
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather stay 6 months without any new content if they put ressources into fixing / migrating servers performances.

It's really frustrating to not be able to enjoy playing a game you like.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel for you guys on PC-EU :(
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most that understand how things work understand that the people who design new content are not the same people who work to find fixes for bugs.

So that begs the question as I expect OP is knowledgeable. Is OP suggesting Zos fire their content creators then once these bugs are fixed they find some reasonably competent content creators? I ask because that is literally what OP and the poll are asking.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not happening, Rob already said that earlier this year :(

Slowing Down Content Releases and the Great Fix Patch
    I spoke with Rob about the fast release of updates and if ZOS had considered doing a “Great Fix Patch” for one of their updates. He said it’s a question they get a lot and whilst it’s not off the table they as a company do need to produce for everyone and a majority of the bugs and issues faced are not ones everyone encounters or are drastically halting gameplay, as such they need to continue creating content for people who want new content to play and and don’t play at the higher level to notice if a skill or mechanic works a little wonky.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stpdmonkey wrote: »
    Polls like this are 100% pure garbage.
    So you are telling me that those who create content are not capable of bug fixes. Of having their department stop for one patch on creating content and fixing the stuff they made and the bugs in their content.

They might be capable but any studio the size of ZOS will have different teams for the two tasks.
    There is absolutely no reason why ZOS can't be doing both at the same time.

If you don't understand that part you clearly have never worked in a larger gaming studio ...
    poke.gif

• stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I think most that understand how things work understand that the people who design new content are not the same people who work to find fixes for bugs.

So that begs the question as I expect OP is knowledgeable. Is OP suggesting Zos fire their content creators then once these bugs are fixed they find some reasonably competent content creators? I ask because that is literally what OP and the poll are asking.

Those who create content are able to fix the content they have created. I'm not asking to fire anyone. Just maybe change focus. I perfectly understand that this poll or anything asked will not stop content creation. But I am hoping that maybe just maybe if enough people show that they would rather have the game fixed that they will put focus into that instead of basically ignoring it. You constantly see things get changed for the sake of pvp and class or skill changes. Why they cant put some more focus into fixing the game is beyond me. There are issues that have plagued the game since the beginning and have not been fixed. That is the type of thing I am hoping to see changed. Put some focus into fixing things not just adding more content to create more issues and not fix them.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    It's not happening, Rob already said that earlier this year :(

Slowing Down Content Releases and the Great Fix Patch
    I spoke with Rob about the fast release of updates and if ZOS had considered doing a “Great Fix Patch” for one of their updates. He said it’s a question they get a lot and whilst it’s not off the table they as a company do need to produce for everyone and a majority of the bugs and issues faced are not ones everyone encounters or are drastically halting gameplay, as such they need to continue creating content for people who want new content to play and and don’t play at the higher level to notice if a skill or mechanic works a little wonky.

The most despicable comment I have ever read from these developers.
    “Mechanic works a little wonky” what a ****ing disgrace. They’re not wonky. THE GAME IS ABSOLUTELY UNPLAYABLE. Whoever said that statement should immediately resign because I’m absolutely disgusted that these incompetent developers have the audacity to say something as absurd as “mechanic works a little wonky”
    You better start supporting your veteran player base or this game will die very quickly if you only support the lower tier new players.
    That’s what’s so wrong with the gaming industry nowadays. They don’t give a **** they only care for money and brining in new suckers to buy their stuff.
    Edited by frostz417 on June 10, 2019 11:42PM
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vote with your wallets. If everyone cancels sub for a month they will soon put resources into fixing the game
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not how things work. They cant necessarily just hold content and then magically get faster fix for performance issues.
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Please be careful with your comments. I would like to keep this poll open. They closed it for 5 minutes. I do not want us to get silenced
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Performance should be a shoe-in because content is meaningless if you can't properly play the game.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure we can have our cake and eat it too.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally had to log off of Xbox NA servers due to unplayable lag, even dueling in blank player homes is riddled with detrimental loss of frame rate.