The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO classic?

Valrien
Valrien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
With the advent of WoW classic, would it be possible to get an ESO classic set sometime before the lighting patch?

Or at least before Tamriel Unlimited
Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Firebrand10
    Firebrand10
    ✭✭✭
    No
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all three of the people who would actually play it before realizing the game is the best it's ever been right now.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is only 5 years old, ask again in 10
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or 15 :)
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO back at launch or even in 1.6 would be amazing. Classes actually felt unique back then and you could build some pretty unique and crazy builds on every single class.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO was HOOOOORRIBLE when it launched i HATED it back then and didn't even level one character to max lelve - now i absolutly love the game...so this would be a no for me, i don't know how others feel...besides i rather want them to spend resources on new content until we get the complete map with all areas
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only if it was a separate game or there was a toggle to turn it on or off. As someone who's been here since closed beta, I would really rather not relive this game's first year or so of life.

Also, just because other games or franchises do a thing doesn't mean they all have to do that thing.
    Edited by Arunei on May 26, 2019 4:00AM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha no way game is far better now. If you have to release old work then you done something wrong in future.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    ESO back at launch or even in 1.6 would be amazing. Classes actually felt unique back then and you could build some pretty unique and crazy builds on every single class.

@ZOS_RobGarrett is working on I believe. So we will have more class spirit in future.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oof, guess you guys dig the crown store, CP, and homogenization then...
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, maybe 7 to 9 :smiley:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, but good job on making assumptions just because we disagree with you. This game back in the day was rife with bugs and exploits, fewer features, fewer options. Also before 1T it was impossible to play with friends who were in a different Alliance because the Alliances were segregated into their own instances. Reverting things back before 1T would cause a huge uproar with people.
    Edited by Arunei on May 26, 2019 4:19AM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

Nope they are working on getting us better progression. Clearly the realize taking away class spirit is problem now that they ask for feedback. I am looking at the future.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You want to go back.... to a time when mobs were Not balanced.... and you often bumped into things that were literally impossible to defeat

<insert expletive here> No

• mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hidden "we need harder overland" thread )
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would require a second set of servers which means 6 more servers. ESO runs larger servers so they do not have the multitude of differences WoW can do with their many servers.

In other words, it is very unlikely even before you consider that WoW has several times the players ESO has.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    You want to go back.... to a time when mobs were Not balanced.... and you often bumped into things that were literally impossible to defeat

<insert expletive here> No

Yeah some people forgot that. I hit VR1-5 when this bug occurred on the Pact mobs. And Pact was the first Vet Zone for Dominion players. The trash fights were absolutely horrible with the mobs having maxed resistances & mitigations while hitting like trucks.
    With the advent of WoW classic, would it be possible to get an ESO classic set sometime before the lighting patch?

Or at least before Tamriel Unlimited

Define "ESO Classic"? ESO Classic equals Veteran Levels cap to 16. You couldn't play with other alliance members (which is OK with me), and classes were completely unbalanced. On one side to had DK, Sorc and NB, and on the other side Templar who couldn't keep up.
    If someone, especially DKs, died as the hands of a Templar, were post in this forum that the Templar guy cheated!!!!

The only thing most of us asked was the Cyrodiil faction lock from when the game came live. We got this, and all of us are happy.
    The systemic cheaters are not but, we do not care less.
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on May 26, 2019 5:46AM
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only remember ESO used to be a pile of ***, so no.
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This fundamentally doesn't recognize the difference between Classic WoW and Classic ESO. You literally cannot do any of the content that was in Classic on live servers in WoW. It's gone. It was all removed and replaced. The entire game has more or less been radically remade down to the core, with the only thing being the same is the engine.

All of the content from vanilla ESO is still there and accessible, it didn't go anywhere. While Veteran Ranks were changed to CP, the very foundations and nature of the entire game weren't dramatically revamped, like in WoW with the removal of training skills, talent trees, as well as the massive ability pruning which leaves most Live classes with less abilities than they had in Classic. Abilities in ESO have been changed and rebalanced, but not a single class has ever straight up lost access to 30% of their skills because they were removed from the game.

The only reason to want older versions of ESO is because that was the patch where your favorite class/build/whatever was preforming better than it is now, which really isn't a reasonable excuse to funnel resources into dedicated servers only one person would play on.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blizzard would save alot of money by just taking the pile it took to develop WoW Classic and lite it on fire.
    People will play it for a year tops.

Vanilla WoW was a terrible game, and so was Pre-1T compared to what we have now in ESO.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    old ESO is complete utter garbage, why i want to play that crap ? lol
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol

I guess i can't fault there being SOMEONE who thinks this, but still,

lol
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lick road clean wit tong.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old ESO was garbage, only good thing was the challenge some mobs put up like the harvesters (you actually had to kill their healing orbs and couldn't just burn through their health in a few seconds, though that was the bane of new players).
  • Archemer
    Archemer
    ✭✭
    ESO launch was so bad my elder scrolls nostalgia almost couldn't keep me playing. That game was absolute trash compared to One Tamriel. I would never play the version of this game with vet levels and faction lock nonsense.
    Nothing was more homogenous than everyone being a Vampire Sorcerer, dude.
    Edited by Archemer on May 26, 2019 9:20AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like my classic ping from the early days
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean pre 1.6?
    LOL I would love to see that happen and how many rage quit posts we are going to see.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Nope they are working on getting us better progression. Clearly the realize taking away class spirit is problem now that they ask for feedback. I am looking at the future.

I mean they say this and all but in Elsweyr DK's got their wings clipped and stamina nightblades playstyle has significantly changed to be more like other classes.

While I do this this patch has improved the game, my hopes have been pretty much erased in the game, it's seriously doubtful that classes will regain their previous uniqueness unless they do some serious changes to the game (aka heavily nerf armor sets, traits and CP across the board). And I seriously doubt they intend to go this route as it would be in their eyes, way too much effort.
    Edited by Rikumaru on May 26, 2019 9:23AM
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing that needs changing today is the servers and Alkemi

Other than the lag/server responses and the delay caused by the anti-ddos the game is much much better than at any point in the first 2 years
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • CrisXD
    CrisXD
    ✭✭✭
    ESO was HOOOOORRIBLE when it launched i HATED it back then and didn't even level one character to max lelve - now i absolutly love the game...so this would be a no for me, i don't know how others feel...besides i rather want them to spend resources on new content until we get the complete map with all areas

Yes. ESO was an absolute fail when it launched 5 years ago...it would be like taking 10 steps backwards and there wouldn’t be any players left on the game. No, no, no.
    PS4 EU
    Tamriel Dance Masters:
    AD - Altmer MagSorc, Altmer Magplar, Redguard StamBlade(PVP)
    EP - Nord Tank, Altmer MagSorc(PVP), Dunmer MagBlade(PVP)
    DC - Redguard StamWarden, Breton MagDK

GM - The Taverneers PS4 EU

Feeling Fresh Traders PS4 EU