The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

New Mount does not fight like indicated

• LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HAHAHAHA I've been waiting for this since I read the description on the mount. :D:D:D
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find it highly disappointing to find out that the new cat cat does not fight like it was indicated. I thought it would be like skyrim when the black horse with the flames was summoned it stayed and fought with you till unsummoned. I bought the prerelease for that reason. It is an intelligent mount that can fight..yet our mount cannot talk like the others in game or fight. They gave us a dumb version of the cat.

I personally wouldn't expect any mount to do something other than make you move faster in ESO, but I can understand why such descriptions can be misleading. The words of one NPC are now even more hilarious :D

Sdc1sOU.jpg
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So then.. Is the one we get a little.. Uh, special creature or just an absolute omega to the player character.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    „The Senche-raht mount "Largest of all the furstocks, or"Breeds" of Khajiit, the Senche-raht is fully intelligent, and in combat often serves simultaneously as warrior and mount."

That’s a lore description. It doesn’t say it serves as warrior for the player, but just that it was bred and used for that by the Khajiit.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • PathwayM
    PathwayM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    Also ZoS =/= Bethesda Game Studios
    Do you not see Bethesda shown as the game starts. So if you could read ..it is made by Bethesda

BETHESDA SOFTWORKS - PUBLISHER

Here is some clarification for you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Ed_KpTtNo

Also ZoS =/= Bethesda Game Studios
    Do you not see Bethesda shown as the game starts. So if you could read ..it is made by Bethesda

It's published by Bethesda Softworks, not developed. HUGE difference. There's also a separate developing arm named Bethesda Game Studios.

It is all the same company . If you ever worked in corporate America, you would understand how silly people sound when they say stuff like this. Anything published under the Zenimax umbrella is pretty much the same company. Just different divisions. And i can promise Bethesda people worked quite a bit on ESO.

Basically Zenimax created a new division in the company to manage this game and i would bet that quite a few people from Bethesda who worked on TES were brought over as leads. Because its not a new game and it is heavily based on the playstyle and uses the lore of TES, it would have a lot of devs from TES working on it.

People move around in the parent company all the time between divisions. They go to where they are needed or where their is work within the parent and that will often lead to careers where you crisscross divisions many times. It took 7 years to develop this game likely there were many employees that worked on both TES and ESO. They would just go back and forth which explains why it took so long to develop. Those same devs that create TES and the base game of ESO are also pumping out the chapters and DLCs. The rookie developers will be on the maintenance, bug fixes, and other grunt work. As that is considered entry level in their profession.

Dont get hung up on the company names that only means something on the actual business and legal end. This game is still built and managed by the same people who make TES, it will just be different teams

Make sure you understand what you are talking about before you go berating others on it.

As a software engineer myself, I'd kindly request that you also make sure that you know what you are talking about before claiming that work such as maintenences and bug fixes are left to rookie developers. You seem to have little to no understanding of the software development life cycle and are making false claims as a result.

Also you are false in your description of the company structure, ZoS and Bethesda are entirely separate companies under the parent company Zenimax Media. Within the same company employees often move around, sure, but not between different companies.

Lastly, if your only reason for pre-ordering the chapter was for a mount, your disappointment is entirely on you as the buyer as you could have done the due diligence to find out that it was not what you had expected. Buyer beware is the lesson to learn here.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem here is, not everyone uses twitter. If they make a clarification on twitter then they need to do so on a forums Twitter FAQ thread. Opening up lines of communication with their customers is paramount, they still fail at this.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally no mount has ever fought in eso. How did you even think it would work? They disappear as soon as you dismount, and there's no mounted combat.
  • Dracheimflug
    Dracheimflug
    ✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »

The problem here is, not everyone uses twitter. If they make a clarification on twitter then they need to do so on a forums Twitter FAQ thread. Opening up lines of communication with their customers is paramount, they still fail at this.

I cannot find any description of it being anything other than a mount in the Steam ad though, nor in any other ad for the collector's edition. In fact, if anything, the collector's edition is under-described..... If anything they seem to be playing up the Rahd m''Athra mount rather than the Senche-Raht. And in game no NPC Senche-Raht seems to leap to your aid, regardless of what the tactical situation is or what is at stake.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot find any description of it being anything other than a mount in the Steam ad though, nor in any other ad for the collector's edition. In fact, if anything, the collector's edition is under-described..... If anything they seem to be playing up the Rahd m''Athra mount rather than the Senche-Raht. And in game no NPC Senche-Raht seems to leap to your aid, regardless of what the tactical situation is or what is at stake.

To say that it is a Lore description and not advertising what the product features is inaccurate. The advertisement is done describing the features.In the United States advertisers are held to truthfully state the features and clarify within the advertisement any implied features. A blatant example is a board game that they uses moving or talking figures in a TV ad, a disclaimer must be there to say the game does not include such features.

The ad states "Exclusive Mount: Senche-RahtLargest of all the furstocks, or "breeds" of Khajiit, the Senche-raht is fully intelligent, and in combat often serves simultaneously as warrior and mount." The last part of the line is a implied feature that is not countered with any disclaimer within the ad. This is seen as purposely vague and misleading in order to falsely boost the sales of the collectors edition. I'm all for boosting the sales, but it needs to be done truthfully and accurately.

I will give them credit that ZOS has changed the the wording of the Conversion feature, as it reads "Exclusive Outfit Style Conversions: Dragonbone Allows you to convert your gear to the Dragonbone style." for the Elswyer product. It correctly states that it is a style conversion. Thank you ZOS for making that clear.

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bait
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Senche-raht mount "Largest of all the furstocks, or"Breeds" of Khajiit, the Senche-raht is fully intelligent, and in combat often serves simultaneously as warrior and mount." This indicates that it will fight as a warrior and mount. Read the write up before you say they do not tell you it will fight. This write up clearly indicates that this mount will fight as a warrior. Thus false advertisement.

Its just sone lore bit, they do it wit every mount in this game , you should have known
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos got the popcorn out and the feet up like “got eeeeem”
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Senche-raht mount "Largest of all the furstocks, or"Breeds" of Khajiit, the Senche-raht is fully intelligent, and in combat often serves simultaneously as warrior and mount." This indicates that it will fight as a warrior and mount. Read the write up before you say they do not tell you it will fight. This write up clearly indicates that this mount will fight as a warrior. Thus false advertisement.

Well if we’re taking things at face value, nowhere does it say it will fight in combat. It says it “serves simultaneously as warrior and mount.” As we all know, a warrior can be defined as a fighter or a soldier, and a soldier is just a slice of bread to go with your morning eggs.

I haven’t been on the PTS yet to see what this guy looks like, but I for one am excited to ride around on my yolked toast come Monday :smile:
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...and my Brimstone Nixad won't light any candles in the dungeon.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its just sone lore bit, they do it wit every mount in this game , you should have known

Why do chainsaws come with the warning label "Do not stop chain with hand", because you should have known is not a accepted in court as a defense.
    Edited by Grimm13 on May 17, 2019 2:33PM

Season of DraggingOn

PC-NA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    The mount descriptions are just flavourful Lore. They don't represent the actual mounts that we use.

If that was considered a legitimate defence there would be no such thing in the world as false advertising. Sorry, the full air conditioning package you ordered consists only of opening your car windows. The air conditioner package description was just flavourful lore.... Good luck with that...

LOL, It does not say the mount OP speaks of will actually fight with you. Just that a group of warriors rode this type of mount into combat, which we can do. My guess is you are begin sarcastic and adding to the humor concerning OP's thread.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't tell if serious or if troll..
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Cheezits94
    Cheezits94
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is probably trolling, but this was an entertaining read, I gave him an "Awesome". :)

If that mount could actually fight, the CE would be such a Pay2Win-Thing xD Imagine cyrodiil.

If you can't even spell sets, locations and items, you probably have no clue what you even are talking about.

Tamriel, not Tamerial, Temerial or Tamériál
    Alkosh, not Alkoash
    Dolmen, not Dolman
    Olorime, not Oloramie
    Sorcerer, not Sorceror
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it highly disappointing to find out that the new cat cat does not fight like it was indicated. I thought it would be like skyrim when the black horse with the flames was summoned it stayed and fought with you till unsummoned. I bought the prerelease for that reason. It is an intelligent mount that can fight..yet our mount cannot talk like the others in game or fight. They gave us a dumb version of the cat. A total rip off and misleading advertising ploy. They are becoming con artists. ESO fell short on this new special mount.

"I thought it would be like Skyrim..."
    "I bought the prerelease for that reason..."
    "Misleading advertising ploy..."
    "They are becoming con artists..."

If you can show me any eso mount that has ever fought anything I'll be impressed. If you can show me where ZOS said the mount would fight alongside you I'll even give you +1 Respect.

II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • ProzTh3Almighty
    ProzTh3Almighty
    ✭✭✭
    Also “OFTEN” serves simultaneously as a warrior not “ALWAYS” .....we just happen to ride them when theyre not in a fighting mood.
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    My mount @Jaxaxo fights to be honest.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've now waded into a fun little mental exercise. In order for you to discern the meaning of an ambiguous phrase as a sales pitch, it would require it to be the definition "a reasonable person" would have.

OP, can you find any threads denouncing the mount as Pay-to-Win? I ask that because that would be the exact thing this mount would become with attack capabilities. A store unique source of damage one cannot get from in game sources. Textbook pay-to-win.

What I did not see was a flood of threads asking for clarification of this feature or denouncing it as pay-to-win. There was a tweet in January saying it did not fight though.

How would you assert that your view (that it would engage in combat) is reasonable, and what the average person would think?
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why do chainsaws come with the warning label "Do not stop chain with hand", because you should have known is not a accepted in court as a defense.

He should have known it wasnt an aàdvertisement but a lore bit like every other mount

Only idiot would assume other way like the people that need a notice saying that peanut butter contain.....wait for it..... peanut
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder that it’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key phrase was "in combat". A mount is never "in combat".
  • Dracheimflug
    Dracheimflug
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    The key phrase was "in combat". A mount is never "in combat".

There is an argument that a new player would not know that, since mounts can be in combat in the original single player games. Plus when your mount is intelligent and has claws, one might well have different expectations than if your mount was, say, a mule.
  • mjstevenson1.msb16_ESO
    Despite what people say....ESO has never had fighting Mounts, or a fighting mount would be unfair in combat. First...ESO said there would be no dragons in this as it was a different timeline, and I was an original beta tester, yet behold...they added Dragons. Second... A fighting mount is no different than a mage with a clan fear, or a warden with a bear. As for mounts disappearing well in skyrim you summoned the special mount then hit e to mount it. same could be done here for this so called special mount. So all you with its the lore...well as ESO already showed the lore changes at their whim. Also as for it being unfair that some would have a fighting mount and some won't, well it is already unfair that some classes can summon a fighting companion and other classes cannot and with the fighting mount all could have it if they brought it early unlike the different classes that can never have a fighting companion.
  • JondarKorric
    I'll reiterate since it got removed. you can't possibly think that LORE text means a damn thing in game mechanics
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite what people say....ESO has never had fighting Mounts, or a fighting mount would be unfair in combat. First...ESO said there would be no dragons in this as it was a different timeline, and I was an original beta tester, yet behold...they added Dragons. Second... A fighting mount is no different than a mage with a clan fear, or a warden with a bear. As for mounts disappearing well in skyrim you summoned the special mount then hit e to mount it. same could be done here for this so called special mount. So all you with its the lore...well as ESO already showed the lore changes at their whim. Also as for it being unfair that some would have a fighting mount and some won't, well it is already unfair that some classes can summon a fighting companion and other classes cannot and with the fighting mount all could have it if they brought it early unlike the different classes that can never have a fighting companion.

Those are very different. Clannfears, bears, etc. are skill-based companions that take up space on your skill bar and are balanced around other skills. You can argue all day about how well they’re balanced (people do anyway), but, in theory, they’re fair. Adding a mount-based companion would be unfair because whereas classes like Templar can slot a non-companion skill and give up having a companion for some other combat benefit, every player that did not purchase the senche-Raht would not have the opportunity for a similar trade; this one purchased mount would offer an objective advantage in combat that no other mount does.

Maybe most of your experience is with games that use a pay-to-win model so you don’t see anything wrong with this, but I think I speak for most of the dedicated ESO community when I say that ESO thankfully has not used, does not use, and hopefully will never use a p2w model.
    Edited by jypcy on May 17, 2019 11:13PM
  • mjstevenson1.msb16_ESO
    eso is p2w. in a round about way. A lot of players pay lots of money for many accounts to farm as well as use bots to earn gold to buy better gear or better item for other aspects of the game. As well as buy tons of crowns with real money to better them selves in the game. So if you are rich you get more in the game. thus a type of p2w. and the different classes are not balanced. I have many different classes and some are definitely stronger than others