The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Mount does not fight like indicated

mjstevenson1.msb16_ESO
I find it highly disappointing to find out that the new cat cat does not fight like it was indicated. I thought it would be like skyrim when the black horse with the flames was summoned it stayed and fought with you till unsummoned. I bought the prerelease for that reason. It is an intelligent mount that can fight..yet our mount cannot talk like the others in game or fight. They gave us a dumb version of the cat. A total rip off and misleading advertising ploy. They are becoming con artists. ESO fell short on this new special mount.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No mounts can fight....
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -HOOKED-

..What? This isn't Skyrim, And every player mount you get for the most part, excluding the system that was in place at the game's launch, is only varying in cosmetic details. You can pretend that your player characters doesn't know how to see their mount as anything other than a Land traversing speed increase.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They have never advertised any mount as combat mounts. They have never advertised pets there weren't part of a skill line as combat pets. This is not Skyrim, this game is not developed by Bethesda.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine fights. Yours must be broken bro.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :trollface:
  • mjstevenson1.msb16_ESO
    Girl number 8...the skyrim mount did fight. Vartin the wolf... I realize that this is not skyrim, but it is the same company and world of Elder Scrolls, thus they are perfectly capable of making the mount fight as in the other game. ManwithBeard9...If you read the write up of the new mount you would see in its description they indicate that this type of cat is intelligent and often fights along side. This tends to indicate that it will fight with you. Colecovision... you just stiring it up.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Girl number 8...the skyrim mount did fight. Vartin the wolf... I realize that this is not skyrim, but it is the same company and world of Elder Scrolls, thus they are perfectly capable of making the mount fight as in the other game. ManwithBeard9...If you read the write up of the new mount you would see in its description they indicate that this type of cat is intelligent and often fights along side. This tends to indicate that it will fight with you. Colecovision... you just stiring it up.

Cool, the write up doesn't say it will fight for you though. This game isn't made by Bethesda. And you're right, this isn't Skyrim and shares almost nothing with the game, thankfully.
  • mjstevenson1.msb16_ESO
    The Senche-raht mount "Largest of all the furstocks, or"Breeds" of Khajiit, the Senche-raht is fully intelligent, and in combat often serves simultaneously as warrior and mount." This indicates that it will fight as a warrior and mount. Read the write up before you say they do not tell you it will fight. This write up clearly indicates that this mount will fight as a warrior. Thus false advertisement.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Girl number 8...the skyrim mount did fight.

This is not Skyrim and she was talking about ESO. Mounts have never been able to fight in ESO and likely never will.

Edit: and I am grateful mounts cannot fight here. It would get costly replacing them every time they died.
    Edited by idk on May 17, 2019 2:09AM
  • mjstevenson1.msb16_ESO
    It is also under the description of the mount in yours mounts.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mount descriptions are just flavourful Lore. They don't represent the actual mounts that we use.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• mjstevenson1.msb16_ESO
    Just like your summoned fighting pets. no cost to resummon them. so your argument makes no sense.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The game description was sharing a piece of lore (established prior to ESO, so no it wasn't just a selling point), anyone who's played ESO knows that mounts don't fight (or even exist while not riding/ being placed in homes). Did you really think that they would go full p2win by selling something with a preorder that would give direct advantage in combat?

There are a lot of reasons to complain about things ZoS does, this is not one of them.

Also ZoS =/= Bethesda Game Studios
  • mjstevenson1.msb16_ESO
    That description comes from their advertisement for what you get in the pre-release version of the game. That is an advertisement of what you get....not lore.so false advertisement. You cannot make up your own idea of the advertisement to make it lore. It is what they say to sell you the game.It is a description of the product ...not lore.
  • mjstevenson1.msb16_ESO
    Do you not see Bethesda shown as the game starts. So if you could read ..it is made by Bethesda
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you not see Bethesda shown as the game starts. So if you could read ..it is made by Bethesda

It's published by Bethesda Softworks, not developed. HUGE difference. There's also a separate developing arm named Bethesda Game Studios.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

BETHESDA SOFTWORKS - PUBLISHER

Here is some clarification for you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Ed_KpTtNo
    Edited by Tyrobag on May 17, 2019 2:41AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That description comes from their advertisement for what you get in the pre-release version of the game. That is an advertisement of what you get....not lore.so false advertisement. You cannot make up your own idea of the advertisement to make it lore. It is what they say to sell you the game.It is a description of the product ...not lore.

What are you even talking about? Below is the statement from the ESO website on the mount and it says nothing about the mount fighting for you. I suggest you provide us a link to what you are talking about because you are not making any sense.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another classic example of not doing your due diligence before starting a forums thread.

I'm sure the OP made his or her decision on whether to buy Elsweyr 100% solely on the Sench-Raht. :trollface:

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 17, 2019 2:44AM
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    Though I enjoy a good cat fight as much as anyone else, I agree with all the above posts
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you not played ESO before?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »

BETHESDA SOFTWORKS - PUBLISHER

Here is some clarification for you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Ed_KpTtNo

It's published by Bethesda Softworks, not developed. HUGE difference. There's also a separate developing arm named Bethesda Game Studios.

It is all the same company . If you ever worked in corporate America, you would understand how silly people sound when they say stuff like this. Anything published under the Zenimax umbrella is pretty much the same company. Just different divisions. And i can promise Bethesda people worked quite a bit on ESO.

Basically Zenimax created a new division in the company to manage this game and i would bet that quite a few people from Bethesda who worked on TES were brought over as leads. Because its not a new game and it is heavily based on the playstyle and uses the lore of TES, it would have a lot of devs from TES working on it.

People move around in the parent company all the time between divisions. They go to where they are needed or where their is work within the parent and that will often lead to careers where you crisscross divisions many times. It took 7 years to develop this game likely there were many employees that worked on both TES and ESO. They would just go back and forth which explains why it took so long to develop. Those same devs that create TES and the base game of ESO are also pumping out the chapters and DLCs. The rookie developers will be on the maintenance, bug fixes, and other grunt work. As that is considered entry level in their profession.

Dont get hung up on the company names that only means something on the actual business and legal end. This game is still built and managed by the same people who make TES, it will just be different teams

Make sure you understand what you are talking about before you go berating others on it.

Edited by Anotherone773 on May 17, 2019 4:27AM
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Glowgill Guar flavor text says it can breathe underwater, but it retreats to its Pokeball when I jump into a chest-high puddle.

The Bal Foyen Circus Guar flavor text says it is a performer, but it fails to perform a single trick after I dismount.

The Golden Eye Guar flavor text says it's difficult to control, but I can ride it as easily as any basic horse without training.

The Hist Guar flavor text says it's the only subspecies known to enjoy music, yet even in the midst of the New Life festival, it doesn't even sway to the notes of my lute.

The Skeletal Guar flavor text says that it sends "lesser opponents fleeing in terror when you ride into battle on its creaking, bony frame." Why, then, do basic mobs not have fear applied to them when they get within proximity?
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    The Glowgill Guar flavor text says it can breathe underwater, but it retreats to its Pokeball when I jump into a chest-high puddle.

I logged in just to tell you i laughed so hard at this. :D
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Obir
    Obir
    ✭✭

The Bal Foyen Circus Guar flavor text says it is a performer, but it fails to perform a single trick after I dismount.

The Golden Eye Guar flavor text says it's difficult to control, but I can ride it as easily as any basic horse without training.

The Hist Guar flavor text says it's the only subspecies known to enjoy music, yet even in the midst of the New Life festival, it doesn't even sway to the notes of my lute.

The Skeletal Guar flavor text says that it sends "lesser opponents fleeing in terror when you ride into battle on its creaking, bony frame." Why, then, do basic mobs not have fear applied to them when they get within proximity?

Ppl like u made me look stupid while traveling to work on a tram...i laughted so hard almost dropped my phone..u made my day sir ty. troll post is troll tho
  • Dracheimflug
    Dracheimflug
    ✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    The mount descriptions are just flavourful Lore. They don't represent the actual mounts that we use.

If that was considered a legitimate defence there would be no such thing in the world as false advertising. Sorry, the full air conditioning package you ordered consists only of opening your car windows. The air conditioner package description was just flavourful lore.... Good luck with that...
  • Dracheimflug
    Dracheimflug
    ✭✭✭

Other examples of false advertising just show a pattern of dishonesty. Using them as a defence would be like saying 'It is ok that he robbed this bank because of all the other banks he has robbed. It is clearly his profession and therefore ok....'
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it's not false advertisement when they never said that it would function as a combat pet. You made the incorrect assumption and didn't bother to check your facts before making the purchase.
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caveat Emptor