Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Incap nerfed to the ground again

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Incap is now useless again! You can’t silence an enemy after a cc is already on them? So you can’t incap and then fear anyone which pretty much means you can’t kill anyone? Okay Zos, gg. It’s pretty much a cheaper version of onslaught and even then onslaught hits way harder and you can get it back right away if you kill someone with it.
    Here’s an idea! Stop listening to the sorcs who hide behind the most op damage shield in the game and just give us an ultimate that is actually useful or leave incap the way it was pre elsewyr!

You know magicka builds run with around 10K stam and that breaking CC for them is too expensive?.

It is the worst solution ever, on both sides.

Lol first off... run more Stam.

Second, if you are that bad at conserving Stam, roll high elf. You shouldn’t have any issues unless you play like a stamblade rolling 72 times in a row. Khajiit, imperial and Argonian also give a little something for such issues.

1 Stam recov glyph also goes a long way.... js

This is the point: More stam, less dmg on magicka builds, because max magicka escalates dmg better after 2.5K spell dmg

Besides that, why should I change my race? Why shoudl anyone change its race just to play the game? Wasn't the promise to play as you want?

I'm not asking to be competitive, just I'm asking something for magicka builds that makes perfect sense: If silence is gonna become a kind of CC, why isn't it broken with MAGICKA? Why forcing magicka classes to run even more stam that they are currently running?

What if all snare and root removals were magicka based? Wouldn't that be fair? I don't think so.

Literally 2 triglyphs on the big pieces isn’t going to break your “max dmg omg I’m dead cuz I can’t break free build” - and that’s all you need with thoughtful Stam consumption.

Especially with soft cc cooldowns, and rat available to use in most situations.

Let me insist, why should you use stamina to break a magicka effect? It has no sense.

as @VaranisArano said, magicka MUST use stam to keep on playing, Stam doesn't do anything.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never cared about the stun on Incap since I normally feared before Incap anyways so the Silence being a breakable CC is no skin off my nose while still being a harsh punishment for a Magic Build that doesn't handle itself properly. I feel the sustain buff in place of Defile is a pretty nice trade off since it helps in both PvE and PvE whereas Defile is pretty pointless in PvE and I can always get Defile from Reverb for PvP purposes anyways so, I can totally adapt to this and feel its a fine adjustment overall.

But strider bro you were just telling me fear to incap doesn't work tho in the other thread. The pot is calling the kettle black now over here lol. I can never take anything you say seriously at all because you are always all over the place my man.

There is no difference between fear to incap and fear to cloak to incap so you guarantee a crit lol you are something else.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly would have preferred a cost increase to the affected player.

It's not OP now, but definitely a Nerf from the OG.

Shame really that it was placed in such a bad spot to begin with
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap is now useless again! You can’t silence an enemy after a cc is already on them? So you can’t incap and then fear anyone which pretty much means you can’t kill anyone? Okay Zos, gg. It’s pretty much a cheaper version of onslaught and even then onslaught hits way harder and you can get it back right away if you kill someone with it.
    Here’s an idea! Stop listening to the sorcs who hide behind the most op damage shield in the game and just give us an ultimate that is actually useful or leave incap the way it was pre elsewyr!

You know magicka builds run with around 10K stam and that breaking CC for them is too expensive?.

Second, if you are that bad at conserving Stam, roll high elf. You shouldn’t have any issues unless you play like a stamblade rolling 72 times in a row. Khajiit, imperial and Argonian also give a little something for such issues.

This is the point: More stam, less dmg on magicka builds, because max magicka escalates dmg better after 2.5K spell dmg

Besides that, why should I change my race? Why shoudl anyone change its race just to play the game? Wasn't the promise to play as you want?

I'm not asking to be competitive, just I'm asking something for magicka builds that makes perfect sense: If silence is gonna become a kind of CC, why isn't it broken with MAGICKA? Why forcing magicka classes to run even more stam that they are currently running?

What if all snare and root removals were magicka based? Wouldn't that be fair? I don't think so.

Literally 2 triglyphs on the big pieces isn’t going to break your “max dmg omg I’m dead cuz I can’t break free build” - and that’s all you need with thoughtful Stam consumption.

Let me insist, why should you use stamina to break a magicka effect? It has no sense.

as @VaranisArano said, magicka MUST use stam to keep on playing, Stam doesn't do anything.

If you want it to cost magic that’s fine, using your limited Stam pool as a way to argue that is futile. You break free fine from typical stuns I’m sure.

Having it cost magicka might balance it between both mag and Stam. That’s a relevant point. Even though a low mag toon would surely be dead where as a low mag Stam toon is gonna still be just fine.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade's time is up. Take a year off from the class and play something else. Your class has had these nerfs coming for YEARS. It's been long overdue - we might finally start seeing other classes flourish now that Nightblades have been brought back down to the other classes. Both stamina and magicka needed adjustment - I'm glad ZoS finally addressed this, but I wish it hadn't come at the cost of not focusing enough on improving the Necromancer class.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade's time is up. Take a year off from the class and play something else. Your class has had these nerfs coming for YEARS. It's been long overdue - we might finally start seeing other classes flourish now that Nightblades have been brought back down to the other classes. Both stamina and magicka needed adjustment - I'm glad ZoS finally addressed this, but I wish it hadn't come at the cost of not focusing enough on improving the Necromancer class.

Baloney you are going to get whacked just as bad by the good blades out there.
    Edited by TequilaFire on May 13, 2019 6:37PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you want it to cost magic that’s fine, using your limited Stam pool as a way to argue that is futile. You break free fine from typical stuns I’m sure.

Having it cost magicka might balance it between both mag and Stam. That’s a relevant point. Even though a low mag toon would surely be dead where as a low mag Stam toon is gonna still be just fine.

It's the second thing I said. I don't complain about breaking regular CC with stam, since that's the purpose of stam. Neither agree with the idea that silence should be treated as a CC as the other CC are treated, which means that you should be able to stun a silenced enemy. Currently sorcs can do that.
    Edited by Xvorg on May 13, 2019 6:40PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the second thing I said. I don't complain about breaking regular CC with stam, since that's the purpose of stam. Neither agree with the idea that silence should be treated as a CC as the other CC are treated, which means that you should be able to stun a silenced enemy. Currently sorcs can do that.

Lol so you wanna double cc! That would instantly revert the whole point of making the silence breakable.

Incap silence into fear... which breaks first? How do you break silence if you are stunned? Lol cmon.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its just an odd change.

Magicka has to break free just like it were the old stun, technically with the option to block or roll dodge instead.

Stam doesnt have to do anything.

So?
    The ability Incap was meant to be nerfed.
    It has been.

What the hell does Stamina v Magika has to do with this?
    Why shouldnt magika be thankful that defile was removed and leave it at that?
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on May 13, 2019 6:48PM
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha

Good damage
    +20% more damage for 6 seconds
    100 magicka and stamina when slotted while attacking.
    (breakable) silence

For cost 120 ultimate. Its ridiculous whats already on it now
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just remove the silence and the reave passive completely and give it something else...
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭

Ye but not by this guy ^

Ye but not by this guy ^

Right, gooch junior.

Hey tequila, zip up your pants! Your zergling is showing.

Sorry, didn't mean to get you excited! :p

Oh I didn’t know you rolled that way tequila! I personally don’t but no worries. Each to their own.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't even get this change.

It's now a new kind of stun that disproportionately affects some players that will probably be bugged in some way, instead of the old stun? Why did someone push this merry-go-round into motion in the first place?
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it is a bad stun now not even worth using at 120 ult better of fearing before using it. They should just give it a stun at 120 ultimate so it is equally good against mag and stam users.

I'd be fine with a 120 ult stun, and I have a strong track record of hating on stamblades
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a couple of ways of making mageblades much nastier than they were before in pvp.
    Sit down with all the game's skill trees & the changes to magic abilities.
    Just don't post good mageblade builds until they have moved on from this nerf cycle into the next crown content. There's obvious intent to destroy the class' ability to upset ball group players.
    There's a couple of less likely gear changes that enable some things too.

I look forward to the 'oh and we will balance all the other classes now that we fairly nerfed them into the ground for the sake of the game' which must be planned soon, right? Although not sure where the development timeline is for that?
    Edited by merevie on May 13, 2019 7:21PM
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What is it with you people who have such a vendetta against Sorcs that you can't see the Silence would affect EVERY SINGLE MAG CHAR REGARDLESS OF CLASS? Seriously take off your blinders and quit having such a narrow view of something. Crying about 'oh no Sorcs ruined this' is ridiculous and makes no sense. People act like the only ones who had a problem with this change were Magsorcs while willfully ignoring the number of people who play other classes equally, including people who have NBs.

Gilvoth wrote: »
    really just not cool they allowed to complain on the forums and destroys people builds and ways of fighting.
    The irony in this statement almost physically hurts. Heaven forbid your build and way of fighting should be shut down, but it's perfectly acceptable when any Mag character is literally shut down for at least three seconds and their builds literally rendered useless. The change to Incap doesn't destroy anyone's build; if your entire build is focused so heavily on one skill, that's probably a l2p issue, and that's not something I generally say.

nightblade and sorcer are is supose to be dps class, other classes are not.
    if you heal alot then your damage should be minimal, if you tank then your damage shoulld be minimal
    people keep trying to destroy that.
    Show me anything where ZOS has stated that only NB and Sorc are supposed to be the DPS class. Show me anything official that states x Class is only supposed to be able to fulfill x role. I don't know what game you've been playing, but ESO is not like that. The whole game's slogan is "play how you want", but yeah, NB and Sorc are totally supposed to be the ones doing damage. Sure doesn't sound limiting and completely against ZOS' tagline for the game at all.

Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it will only work in some very rare cases and has to be on time in those situations.
    not even worth sloting.
    if you let it go above 120 then it worthless in those other cases which are basicly all of the time.
    if i could see the enemies stamina bar, then i could perfectly place it and even then it would not be strong because is only 3 seconds and only certain builds and classes would it work against them and in my favor, but that "favor" for me would be small.

it should no longer be called an "ultimate"
    should now be called "cheap trick"

Edited by Gilvoth on May 13, 2019 7:24PM
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if you heal alot then your damage should be minimal, if you tank then your damage shoulld be minimal

That's not at all how this game works.
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    What is it with you people who have such a vendetta against Sorcs that you can't see the Silence would affect EVERY SINGLE MAG CHAR REGARDLESS OF CLASS? Seriously take off your blinders and quit having such a narrow view of something. Crying about 'oh no Sorcs ruined this' is ridiculous and makes no sense. People act like the only ones who had a problem with this change were Magsorcs while willfully ignoring the number of people who play other classes equally, including people who have NBs.

really just not cool they allowed to complain on the forums and destroys people builds and ways of fighting.
    The irony in this statement almost physically hurts. Heaven forbid your build and way of fighting should be shut down, but it's perfectly acceptable when any Mag character is literally shut down for at least three seconds and their builds literally rendered useless. The change to Incap doesn't destroy anyone's build; if your entire build is focused so heavily on one skill, that's probably a l2p issue, and that's not something I generally say.

Show me anything where ZOS has stated that only NB and Sorc are supposed to be the DPS class. Show me anything official that states x Class is only supposed to be able to fulfill x role. I don't know what game you've been playing, but ESO is not like that. The whole game's slogan is "play how you want", but yeah, NB and Sorc are totally supposed to be the ones doing damage. Sure doesn't sound limiting and completely against ZOS' tagline for the game at all.

Because 90% of the people that complain about nbs and incap are sorcs. You never really see a Templar complain because they can just outheal anything a nb throws out regardless of the defile. They don’t even really run damage shields. A magden can just throw on shimmering shield, harness magicka and then come at you with a perma and shock clench. Magicka Nb can either A) cloak away, or b, use the shade to escape and then shield up while spamming crippling grasp to keep you at bay and then burst you down. Magdks just hold L and shield up.
    Every time a counter to shield stacking comes out, who do you think complains the loudest? Sorcs that’s who.

• Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you heal alot then your damage should be minimal
    Well, ZoS has that on point for Templars..except for the whole 'heal alot' part. Over time they were gimping our healing while forgetting to compensate us or worse nerfing us further..

Compensation - something NB's seem to take wholly for granted.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rygonix wrote: »
    if you heal alot then your damage should be minimal
    Well, ZoS has that on point for Templars..except for the whole 'heal alot' part. Over time they were gimping our healing while forgetting to compensate us or worse nerfing us further..

Compensation - something NB's seem to take wholly for granted.

allways the same exact thing happens.
    if some one ques as a healer in the group as a nightblade, i can promise you he will iether be removed and we wait for a templar, OR they will keep him and test it out and allways find his heals way too weak.

same for tank
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back to DBoS for everyone at all times

These f’ing idiots should have just reverted this bull, now it’s a waste of a slot
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol so you wanna double cc! That would instantly revert the whole point of making the silence breakable.

Incap silence into fear... which breaks first? How do you break silence if you are stunned? Lol cmon.

@Insco851 Silence in a narrow sense is not a CC, it should be treated differently.

CCs affect everyone the same (such as stun), so the problem with silence is that affect one type of spec much more than the other. Why?
    I've never complained about incap stun, but anyway ZoS messed it up. Now incap does not affect stam, and wrecks magicka. And the counterplay ZoS offers is to use stam, to break free a magic effect.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just an odd change.

Magicka has to break free just like it were the old stun, technically with the option to block or roll dodge instead.

Stam doesnt have to do anything.

So?
    The ability Incap was meant to be nerfed.
    It has been.

What the hell does Stamina v Magika has to do with this?
    Why shouldnt magika be thankful that defile was removed and leave it at that?

I think its an odd nerf because the effectiveness of the special effect is now dependent on whether you are fighting a magicka or stamina build.

It's completely nerfed vs Stamina, because most Stamina builds (including my Stam Warden) are like "I can't use my magicka skills for 3 seconds? Pfft. I was barely using them anyway."

Magicka builds at least might suffer some ill effect from the Silence, having to break free.

I see it as similar to the disparity between capturing resources on a Stam vs Mag character. My stam characters waltz in there and don't give a *** about the guard Negates.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And when you think the initial change was odd and it couldn’t get any more strange ZOS uncovers their idea of “counter play”...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »

Because 90% of the people that complain about nbs and incap are sorcs. You never really see a Templar complain because they can just outheal anything a nb throws out regardless of the defile. They don’t even really run damage shields. A magden can just throw on shimmering shield, harness magicka and then come at you with a perma and shock clench. Magicka Nb can either A) cloak away, or b, use the shade to escape and then shield up while spamming crippling grasp to keep you at bay and then burst you down. Magdks just hold L and shield up.
    Every time a counter to shield stacking comes out, who do you think complains the loudest? Sorcs that’s who.

I main mDK and Mageblade and I don't like this change, From my mDK perspective, an incap could wreck my power lash that takes a lot of work to build.

From my mageblade perspective is even worst.

By the way, silence does affect ultis, right?

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Prutton
    Prutton
    ✭✭✭
    They should just have kept the stun that you could break free.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i could see his stamina bar
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Defile was a bigger problem for playstyles that required healing.
    Block builds, shield builds, nightblades etc did not care much for that effect of Incap.
    Nobody cared then. The silence minus the defile is a good nerf.

All I am saying is that Incap is worse that before. It needed to be nerfed.
    Bringing Magika v Stamina despite how weird Incap is now, is unhealthy.
    Incap is nerfed. Everyone should be happy.
    Good stamNB should not have an issue.
    The 20% bonus dmg is still there and along with low cost and high dmg this ulty can still bring you 1 step from death.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on May 13, 2019 8:00PM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And dont incap from stealth because the stun won't let you silence your target. At this point why change it from live? This is turning into a hot mess. Silence would have been op but now its garbage. Why use this over onslaught now?