The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Incap nerfed to the ground again

NightAngel690
NightAngel690
✭✭✭
Incap is now useless again! You can’t silence an enemy after a cc is already on them? So you can’t incap and then fear anyone which pretty much means you can’t kill anyone? Okay Zos, gg. It’s pretty much a cheaper version of onslaught and even then onslaught hits way harder and you can get it back right away if you kill someone with it.
Here’s an idea! Stop listening to the sorcs who hide behind the most op damage shield in the game and just give us an ultimate that is actually useful or leave incap the way it was pre elsewyr!
Edited by NightAngel690 on May 13, 2019 4:31PM
  • kollege14a5
    kollege14a5
    ✭✭✭
    Well it is a bad stun now not even worth using at 120 ult better of fearing before using it. They should just give it a stun at 120 ultimate so it is equally good against mag and stam users.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as an archer i need enemies away from me, i used that stun and knockdown if they got too close, i would crak them with it, knock em down and get my distance back again.
    and it also gave me a short time with more damage, but now with it removed,

i will be looking for a new ultimate as that one is now just useless for me.
    just weakened my fighting tools.
    really just not cool they allowed to complain on the forums and destroys people builds and ways of fighting.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play since 2014.
    I lost count on number of NB nerfs.... :open_mouth:

And you konw what is the worst scenario ?
    All of the sudden Sould Harvest will gain popularity and will be favoured and in the future ZOS will be like:
    "Why is this morph used that often ? Even on a stamina builds ? We have to nerf it.... "

This is what I fear... ^ :disappointed:
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do realize that Incap is still of the hardest hitting 75 cost ulti out there, right?
    Seriously, as a stamNB PvPer, I can never understand these kind of complain. "Incap is nerfed to the ground", no it's not. It was on top of the food chain, and now it's not anymore, but it's no where near useless.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nightblade and sorcer are is supose to be dps class, other classes are not.
    if you heal alot then your damage should be minimal, if you tank then your damage shoulld be minimal
    people keep trying to destroy that.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Never cared about the stun on Incap since I normally feared before Incap anyways so the Silence being a breakable CC is no skin off my nose while still being a harsh punishment for a Magic Build that doesn't handle itself properly. I feel the sustain buff in place of Defile is a pretty nice trade off since it helps in both PvE and PvE whereas Defile is pretty pointless in PvE and I can always get Defile from Reverb for PvP purposes anyways so, I can totally adapt to this and feel its a fine adjustment overall.
    Argonian forever
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Incap is now useless again! You can’t silence an enemy after a cc is already on them? So you can’t incap and then fear anyone which pretty much means you can’t kill anyone? Okay Zos, gg. It’s pretty much a cheaper version of onslaught and even then onslaught hits way harder and you can get it back right away if you kill someone with it.
    Here’s an idea! Stop listening to the sorcs who hide behind the most op damage shield in the game and just give us an ultimate that is actually useful or leave incap the way it was pre elsewyr!

You know magicka builds run with around 10K stam and that breaking CC for them is too expensive?.

It is the worst solution ever, on both sides.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    nightblade and sorcer are is supose to be dps class, other classes are not.
    if you heal alot then your damage should be minimal, if you tank then your damage shoulld be minimal
    people keep trying to destroy that.

ZOS has renounced those archtypes multiple times. It's 2019.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you can’t incap and then fear anyone which pretty much means you can’t kill anyone?

And how is that different to live?
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pr0Skygon wrote: »
    You do realize that Incap is still of the hardest hitting 75 cost ulti out there, right?
    Seriously, as a stamNB PvPer, I can never understand these kind of complain. "Incap is nerfed to the ground", no it's not. It was on top of the food chain, and now it's not anymore, but it's no where near useless.

If you Incap someone, you've essentially wasted an opportunity to CC them. They'll able to move around with CC immunity and you would have achieved nothing.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

You know magicka builds run with around 10K stam and that breaking CC for them is too expensive?.

Bad magicka players run around cyrodiil with 10k Stam. The fact you're even stating that as a point shows either your inexperience or ineptitude.
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    cheemers wrote: »

Bad magicka players run around cyrodiil with 10k Stam. The fact you're even stating that as a point shows either your inexperience or ineptitude.

Exactly. I run around with close to 20k on my magicka nightblade with 40k magicka and 2k recovery.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's just because the other options are so overloaded. It's not that it is bad at all. It is hard to slot a different ultimate in PvP on a stam char other than DBoS just because DBoS is so good.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bad? Ok, 12K

fear + incap: Do I break one or both? Will it charge me stam on both?

This is the worst solution. At lest they should let magicka break silence with MAGICKA.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap absolutely should not have a silence, at least one that isn't breakable. I would rather have a dumpster skill than an absolutely broken one. That being said, I see quite a few people talking about how incap on live was op because it was one of the best ultimates for single targets. I mean do you expect dawnbreaker to be as good as incap in 1v1? Kinda silly considering it's AOE.

Imo ZOS should have kept major defile but removed this 120 ulti condition thing and just add reave. Soul harvest for 10 ulti per kill and reave for incap.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Exactly. I run around with close to 20k on my magicka nightblade with 40k magicka and 2k recovery.

Not everyone runs cookie cutter builds. Not everyone wants to run with 20k stam. All classes are played differently,

Yes, on my Stamblade I run with 18k magicka. Yes, on my MagDK I run with 18k stam. Do I have to make everybuild exactly as those?
    Edited by Xvorg on May 13, 2019 5:08PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »

It's just because the other options are so overloaded. It's not that it is bad at all. It is hard to slot a different ultimate in PvP on a stam char other than DBoS just because DBoS is so good.

No, it's because other "stam" ultis are lackluster or virtually non-existent. If they'd nerf DBoS what would e.g. a stamsorc slot then? Purgable DW ulti or Onslaught that forces us in a skill line with now lackluster spammables bc they have no class spam? Oh I know, magical damage Overload it would be!

But seriously, DBoS is the measuring stick, nothing else.
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭

Not everyone runs cookie cutter builds. Not everyone wants to run with 20k stam. All classes are played differently,

Yes, on my Stablade I run with 18k magicka. Yes, on my MagDK I run with 18k stam. Do I have to make everybuild exactly as those?

I use off meta builds that I’ve created myself so I really don’t get what you mean by “cookie cutter builds.” Anyone with a brain can come up with a build that performs just as good as the meta if not better.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, on my Stablade I run with 18k magicka. Yes, on my MagDK I run with 18k stam. Do I have to make everybuild exactly as those?

I use off meta builds that I’ve created myself so I really don’t get what you mean by “cookie cutter builds.” Anyone with a brain can come up with a build that performs just as good as the meta if not better.

Anyone with a brain knows pigeonholing is bad and that every single class must be played according to it's strenghts. What's the point of 20K stam on a magsorc? That class doesn't need such a high stampool

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap is dead, long live DB meta. (I've used DB on my stamblade for the last months anyway, no regrets.)
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good damage+increase damage+ good sustain = That's alone probably makes it one of the best ulties in the game. The silence is just a bonus , a very useful bonus.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol first off... run more Stam.

Second, if you are that bad at conserving Stam, roll high elf. You shouldn’t have any issues unless you play like a stamblade rolling 72 times in a row. Khajiit, imperial and Argonian also give a little something for such issues.

1 Stam recov glyph also goes a long way.... js
    Edited by Insco851 on May 13, 2019 5:19PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well it is a bad stun now not even worth using at 120 ult better of fearing before using it. They should just give it a stun at 120 ultimate so it is equally good against mag and stam users.

This. A stam user doesn't need to break the silence, gets a free CC immunity plus 3 seconds (assuming you cannot fear/stun while silenced), while at the same time magicka players are completely shutdown or have to waste stam. Five bucks says this last minute, kneejerk mechanic is buggy.

Best just to revert it back to how it was. It is not like there are not umpteen sources of defile, and people still complain about "too much healing".
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, it’s pretty much a pve ability now. For pvp it’s not the end of the world, dawnbreaker’s better and was just buffed.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quit crying it's still overtuned for it's cost.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm tf down guys it was broken before and never would have gone live. It is still powerful, you just need to spend time ccing your target to wear down their stamina first.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just play on lagging Vevic so your silence will last forever. I still trying to break stun from last night. LAG and any kind of CC break is broke...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

Second, if you are that bad at conserving Stam, roll high elf. You shouldn’t have any issues unless you play like a stamblade rolling 72 times in a row. Khajiit, imperial and Argonian also give a little something for such issues.

This is the point: More stam, less dmg on magicka builds, because max magicka escalates dmg better after 2.5K spell dmg

Besides that, why should I change my race? Why shoudl anyone change its race just to play the game? Wasn't the promise to play as you want?

I'm not asking to be competitive, just I'm asking something for magicka builds that makes perfect sense: If silence is gonna become a kind of CC, why isn't it broken with MAGICKA? Why forcing magicka classes to run even more stam that they are currently running?

What if all snare and root removals were magicka based? Wouldn't that be fair? I don't think so.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

This is the point: More stam, less dmg on magicka builds, because max magicka escalates dmg better after 2.5K spell dmg

Besides that, why should I change my race? Why shoudl anyone change its race just to play the game? Wasn't the promise to play as you want?

I'm not asking to be competitive, just I'm asking something for magicka builds that makes perfect sense: If silence is gonna become a kind of CC, why isn't it broken with MAGICKA? Why forcing magicka classes to run even more stam that they are currently running?

What if all snare and root removals were magicka based? Wouldn't that be fair? I don't think so.

Literally 2 triglyphs on the big pieces isn’t going to break your “max dmg omg I’m dead cuz I can’t break free build” - and that’s all you need with thoughtful Stam consumption.

Especially with soft cc cooldowns, and rat available to use in most situations.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just an odd change.

Magicka has to break free just like it were the old stun, technically with the option to block or roll dodge instead.

Stam doesnt have to do anything.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 13, 2019 5:44PM