The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Incap Changes in 5.0.4.

• Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades complaining how weak they are. omg.

Highest single target spammable in the game (surprise attack). Wich also gives major resolve/ward. Doesnt need to slot armor buff like every other class.....

Cheap high burst ultimate wich gives 20% more damage for 6? Seconds.

And then there comes the big boi. Cloak.

Invisibility
    Surpress every dot
    Evade every projectile upon cast that has been casted while still being visible
    Regen Ressources while invisible
    Healing while invisible (100% crit rally heal)
    Also procs wajor resolve/Ward
    Reposition while being invisible
    100% crit for next attack or heal
    Can be casted while still being active allowing long uptime
    No cost increase like streak or dodge roll

And the counters to cloak are weak...
    - Detect potion: short duration, huge cooldown and drawbag cause you will be loosing important other Ressources from potion
    - mage light - smal Radius, high cost doesnt really Work (Seen Nightblades cloak infront of me with mage light running)
    - expert hunter, kinda useless skill
    - aoe: not every class has access to a viable aoe skill

So the counters against cloak are pretty situational and mostly arent even good against it...

Still Nightblades come to forum and complain how weak their class is.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that was a bug that was eventually fixed. I'm referring to all healing critting during Shadowy Disguise. It should only guarantee a critical on the next damaging attack during it's duration.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »

Highest single target spammable in the game (surprise attack). Wich also gives major resolve/ward. Doesnt need to slot armor buff like every other class.....

Invisibility
    Surpress every dot

- Detect potion: short duration, huge cooldown and drawbag cause you will be loosing important other Ressources from potion
    - mage light - smal Radius, high cost doesnt really Work (Seen Nightblades cloak infront of me with mage light running)

So the counters against cloak are pretty situational and mostly arent even good against it...

Don’t worry mag sorcs are next everyone knows mag sorcs are just as strong as stamblade 😎
    Edited by Deathlord92 on May 17, 2019 9:35AM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Invisibility
    Surpress every dot

If you practice enough you would be able to deal with nb especially noobs in cyrodiil if you went to duel a stamblade then you likely lost to a good one and probably lose to that same stamblade again because rather then l2p your here crying about nb 😂
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The golden rule for stamblades is:
    Your class is and always has been the weakest class in the game. It is only your god-like skill that allows you to kill everybody all the time!
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

Your class is and always has been the weakest class in the game. It is only your god-like skill that allows you to kill everybody all the time!

strange i was sure that's the Mag sorc main golden rule.

"the class is weak only good at killing potato player" or "the class is carried by pet" when is strong and totally viable without pet but whatever.
    If some mag sorc player don't spawn in every NB thread they can't sleep at night i guess.

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Murador178 wrote: »
    - Its really hard to take most guys here serious :frowning:
    - neither the guys with the flapping wing pet getting oneshot by a high damage rollerblade build (U know that shields now need around 27-30k hp on a decent magicka build to get decent values and work with impen and resists :wink:@Galarthor @Lord-Otto - ofc if u debind breakfree or run 20k hp with divine/infused it will happen )
    - If u are talking about gankers while complaining about cloak/roll - I can tell u that if the gank fails those gankblades are 90% of the time free AP because these guys got zero sustain and for sure cant cloak/roll spam...
    - Ofc cloak/roll makes stamina rollerblade viable --> why do u guys think its like the only stam class running medium armor with 2h/bow instead of 30k hp SnB heavy... Id like to see some buffs to medium armor stamplars, stamsorc etc. And a nerf to SnB.
    - Rollerblade/mSorc are the kings of solo farming pugs. But in a premade battleground stack that plays high MMR u probalby wouldnt want a stamblade in ur team.
    - And yes stam nbs/ mSorcs are very strong on the live servers - but stam nb is getting some nerfs now mSorcs hopefully will get those next patch :wink:

Gank builds are actually a novelty from my experience. Used to be rare to run into them. I mentioned those to underline how much damage potential a stamblade has. And don't get me wrong, the silence Incap is BS in my opinion. It needed Defile removed and both morphs should stun at 120 ult. I brought the damage potential up only to give a reason why nightblades have been enjoying PvP top tier for years. Cyrodiil, that is. Not very experienced in BGs, and duels are just a cheese fest, IMO.

You can nerf the Twilight as long as you give non-pet sorcs something. A burst heal, to be precise. Like Healing Ward had. I prefer not relying on stupid pets in PvP, so I'm all ears for reasonable changes. Unfortunately, I see a lot of blind nerfrage here on the forums and that is where I'm getting annoyed.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO SORC OR GO CRY !
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    - neither the guys with the flapping wing pet getting oneshot by a high damage rollerblade build (U know that shields now need around 27-30k hp on a decent magicka build to get decent values and work with impen and resists :wink:@Galarthor @Lord-Otto - ofc if u debind breakfree or run 20k hp with divine/infused it will happen )
    - If u are talking about gankers while complaining about cloak/roll - I can tell u that if the gank fails those gankblades are 90% of the time free AP because these guys got zero sustain and for sure cant cloak/roll spam...
    - Ofc cloak/roll makes stamina rollerblade viable --> why do u guys think its like the only stam class running medium armor with 2h/bow instead of 30k hp SnB heavy... Id like to see some buffs to medium armor stamplars, stamsorc etc. And a nerf to SnB.
    - Rollerblade/mSorc are the kings of solo farming pugs. But in a premade battleground stack that plays high MMR u probalby wouldnt want a stamblade in ur team.
    - And yes stam nbs/ mSorcs are very strong on the live servers - but stam nb is getting some nerfs now mSorcs hopefully will get those next patch :wink:

Gank builds are actually a novelty from my experience. Used to be rare to run into them. I mentioned those to underline how much damage potential a stamblade has. And don't get me wrong, the silence Incap is BS in my opinion. It needed Defile removed and both morphs should stun at 120 ult. I brought the damage potential up only to give a reason why nightblades have been enjoying PvP top tier for years. Cyrodiil, that is. Not very experienced in BGs, and duels are just a cheese fest, IMO.

You can nerf the Twilight as long as you give non-pet sorcs something. A burst heal, to be precise. Like Healing Ward had. I prefer not relying on stupid pets in PvP, so I'm all ears for reasonable changes. Unfortunately, I see a lot of blind nerfrage here on the forums and that is where I'm getting annoyed.

Sorc is maybe strong but its one of the most boring classes to play atm imo. Reapply ur insane big shields every 6 sec instead of any kind of reactive defense.... Always trying to align the same repitive combo reach frags with curse aligned... They need some more complexity.
    My take on pet sorcs: Make the pets untargetable - sorc pets cause alot of frustration because u often hit the pet by mistake(same for upcoming necro pets and warden bear) and on the other hand they are annoying to play if u are playing solo/duo because that pet always gets killed by the swarm of pugs. This would help sorcs in solo/duo gameplay but would make them less annoying in Xv(1-2) situations. Twillight still deserves a dmg nerf so.

Back on topic - The new incap silence is terrible.
    - Playing vs it with magicka is rly annoying. Its a pain to break like old eclipse - often resulting in 2 GCDs to break and there is no visual to see if u got incapped with silence or without. - Addons probably fix that issue but I think u should be able to see it also without addons...
    - On the other hand ur giving free CC immunity to a stamina char.
    - >Just give it a stun or we will see a ton of magicka chars complaining about this ... And nbs complaining about how useless it is vs stamina.
    Edited by Murador178 on May 17, 2019 11:28AM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sorc is maybe strong but its one of the most boring classes to play atm imo. Reapply ur insane big shields every 6 sec instead of any kind of reactive defense.... Always trying to align the same repitive combo reach frags with curse aligned... They need some more complexity.
    My take on pet sorcs: Make the pets untargetable - sorc pets cause alot of frustration because u often hit the pet by mistake(same for upcoming necro pets and warden bear) and on the other hand they are annoying to play if u are playing solo/duo because that pet always gets killed by the swarm of pugs. This would help sorcs in solo/duo gameplay but would make them less annoying in Xv(1-2) situations. Twillight still deserves a dmg nerf so.

Back on topic - The new incap silence is terrible.
    - Playing vs it with magicka is rly annoying. Its a pain to break like old eclipse - often resulting in 2 GCDs to break and there is no visual to see if u got incapped with silence or without. - Addons probably fix that issue but I think u should be able to see it also without addons...
    - On the other hand ur giving free CC immunity to a stamina char.
    - >Just give it a stun or we will see a ton of magicka chars complaining about this ... And nbs complaining about how useless it is vs stamina.

I agree. With every single word.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    @Iskiab

Not technically resetting, but practically resetting the dodge fatigue window. Shadowy Disguise lasts 2.9 seconds. So it narrows down the fatigue window considerably, a second cloak essentially resets it because you can dodge roll for the initial cost again. Hence why Shade, Cloak and rolling are so powerful.

I know Shade is bugged for months now, and they should fix it. But one can’t say with a straight eye the synergy between cloak and dodge rolling is weak.

Use an aoe, there's no reason a NB should be able to stay in cloak for 3 seconds against a competent player.

It wastes a bar slot. And is useless vs Shade. But whatever, I see I won’t convince you that stamNB isn’t weak.

AoE is a waste of a bar slot? Do you actually pvp outside the forums? I think that rates as one of the silliest forum posts I’ve ever read.

Yes, on a solo build it’s a waste of a bar slot, unless it’s an Ice Blockade.

Well how can that be true since I main a magblade healer? There isn’t a class with less aoe then mine and I’m the one saying Stamblades are weak.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Right now on live, yea I would say so. I primarily pvp in cyrodiil no-CP and BGs, I think I saw one do well once called sneaky or something like that, otherwise yea they’re on the weaker side.

In CP pvp I’ve been told that dodge rolling with CP dodge roll reduction makes them stronger, but that has nothing to do with NB, every stamina class could do the same thing and stamsorcs can do it better.

In high ranked BG I can agree but everything else they are anything but weak. Man, this keeps getting better and better. Where is my popcorn? You're still in denial that sNB can bridge the dodge fatigue via cloak to the point they are far more effective in evading damage than everyone else. And no, dark deal or BoL (whatever you are on about) won't let you evade (read: perma dodge) better than dodge + cloak + shade.

And again, as a baseline: you can't sort out "general stuff" that works better with a certain class because of a class specific variable just to suit your agenda. That's not how it works.

Streak is better then shade and cloak combined to reset dodge rolling fatigue.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 17, 2019 12:40PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right now on live, yea I would say so. I primarily pvp in cyrodiil no-CP and BGs, I think I saw one do well once called sneaky or something like that, otherwise yea they’re on the weaker side.

In CP pvp I’ve been told that dodge rolling with CP dodge roll reduction makes them stronger, but that has nothing to do with NB, every stamina class could do the same thing and stamsorcs can do it better.

In high ranked BG I can agree but everything else they are anything but weak. Man, this keeps getting better and better. Where is my popcorn? You're still in denial that sNB can bridge the dodge fatigue via cloak to the point they are far more effective in evading damage than everyone else. And no, dark deal or BoL (whatever you are on about) won't let you evade (read: perma dodge) better than dodge + cloak + shade.

And again, as a baseline: you can't sort out "general stuff" that works better with a certain class because of a class specific variable just to suit your agenda. That's not how it works.

No, it isn't. Streak "lasts" how long? How long is the dodge fatigue? How long lasts cloak? Does streak force misses? Which of both has a stacking costs? Which is easly countered by anything ranged and gap closers? Which of both can you use more often?

"twilight zone"
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, it isn't. Streak "lasts" how long? How long is the dodge fatigue? How long lasts cloak? Does streak force misses? Which of both has a stacking costs? Which is easly countered by anything ranged and gap closers? Which of both can you use more often?

"twilight zone"

Have you ever tried it?
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

"twilight zone"

but claok can break and if happens it give you even less time than streak,also gap closer are soft counter to streak that's why the skill got the stacking cost you can't actually stop streak but you can negate the effect of cloak far more easily than most people think.

Streak might not force miss but stun giving you time to move away sometime even out of range of gapcloser(especially stamsorc with their MS) or ball of lighting help vs ranged attack.

Sometime i wonder if people before making comparison try too see the difference between the 2 skill.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those super “squishy” stamblades are getting a huge buff to survivability as well. And most don’t even really need to reset the dodge roll timer to get away with ease. And it’ll be even tougher with soft cc cooldowns and the new double take.

Streak > Cloak? Lol. On scrubs maybe. The good stamblades have incredible roll+cloak timing and then instantly turn and rip folks open in a couple GCDs. It takes skill. The good ones are really good and just use every bit of that specs utility to harass players. Kudos to them. The bad ones? They die instantly because they get caught very quickly and don’t have the sustain to do much outside a gank.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

"twilight zone"

but claok can break and if happens it give you even less time than streak,also gap closer are soft counter to streak that's why the skill got the stacking cost you can't actually stop streak but you can negate the effect of cloak far more easily than most people think.

Streak might not force miss but stun giving you time to move away sometime even out of range of gapcloser(especially stamsorc with their MS) or ball of lighting help vs ranged attack.

Sometime i wonder if people before making comparison try too see the difference between the 2 skill.

Sometimes I wonder if people before making comparison try to see what was actual written.

"And no, dark deal or BoL (whatever you are on about) won't let you evade (read: perma dodge) better than dodge + cloak + shade."

But anyways, if I get hit by gc after gc or ranged attack after ranged attack I'm not actually evading it, right?

And to go with the latest sNB flavour: "if I streak through an CC immune target my stun won't do anything". Isn't that what you complained about too? That the CC (silence) can be wasted if cast on an immune target?
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

"twilight zone"

Sometimes I wonder if people before making comparison try to see what was actual written.

"And no, dark deal or BoL (whatever you are on about) won't let you evade (read: perma dodge) better than dodge + cloak + shade."

But anyways, if I get hit by gc after gc or ranged attack after ranged attack I'm not actually evading it, right?

And to go with the latest sNB flavour: "if I streak through an CC immune target my stun won't do anything". Isn't that what you complained about too? That the CC (silence) can be wasted if cast on an immune target?

"Sometimes I wonder if people before making comparison try to see what was actual written. " this is what i want to know,what are you even saying?
    Where do you read dark deal in the quote?Oo
    I complained about the CC?where?
    literally in what you quoted where do you read me complaining about cc?or talking about dark deal?

Also Ball of lighting let you absorb ranged spell so it helps with ranged attack never said it make you evade attacks or something.

Edited by killingspreeb16_ESO on May 17, 2019 4:47PM
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    funny a sorc complain about cloak is too op while they have best skill to counter cloak. have haunting curse, streak, lightning form/hurricane, stronger shield to mitigate stealth first attack.

or just hide inside your pets
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    funny a sorc complain about cloak is too op while they have best skill to counter cloak. have haunting curse, streak, lightning form/hurricane, stronger shield to mitigate stealth first attack.

or just hide inside your pets
    I laugh every time I see a mag sorc cry about nb lol 😂
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Yes, invisibility is spammable on a stamblade. There's no cooldown like invis pots have. Even if you can only use it four times in a row, that's enough time to get to the target. There's a reason why gank builds are typically associated with NBs. You'd have to be really stubborn to deny this.

You conveniently forget an invis pot lasts 16 seconds and doesn't use stamina.

Cloak lasts 2.5 seconds which if the NB can even cloak 4 times is 10 seconds and uses a bunch of magicka.

A stamblade will never be able to stay in cloak longer than an invis pot duration.

Magblades can cloak from one end of Cyrodiil to another.

You mayyy want to get out of there afterwards. Difficult with pot on cooldown. Or you need to change your timing because other players are around.

But yes, magsorcs with pets and invis pots are clearly the best gankers in the game. So much better than the class with skill lines like "Assassination". We're effing Agent 47 Ninja Sorcs out there! Clearly!

This is why people like Galarthor and me can't take you seriously. Full denial and strawman mode. What's worse, you're wasting everyone's time spilling nonsense, while Incap still needs attention. Bugger off and let us do our job here.

A smart player will not use an invis pot until it's needed to escape not to gank. Its you that cant be taken seriously if you think nightblades use invis pots to gank. I never suggested anything of the sort.

I also never suggested that sorcs were gankers. So your comment makes you look foolish despite the obvious sarcasm.

But, don't worry. Sorcs will have their come around again. The rest of us will do our job and make sure of it.
    Edited by Katahdin on May 18, 2019 11:13PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muzzick wrote: »
    They need to change the name, incapacitating sounds like a dumb name now for what it does

Gag attack would be more appropriate
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblade players generally are better despite the shortcomings of the class. That's because rogue-like characters always attract a larger part of the better players in MMO's.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, invisibility is spammable on a stamblade. There's no cooldown like invis pots have. Even if you can only use it four times in a row, that's enough time to get to the target. There's a reason why gank builds are typically associated with NBs. You'd have to be really stubborn to deny this.

Cloak lasts 2.5 seconds which if the NB can even cloak 4 times is 10 seconds and uses a bunch of magicka.

A stamblade will never be able to stay in cloak longer than an invis pot duration.

You mayyy want to get out of there afterwards. Difficult with pot on cooldown. Or you need to change your timing because other players are around.

But yes, magsorcs with pets and invis pots are clearly the best gankers in the game. So much better than the class with skill lines like "Assassination". We're effing Agent 47 Ninja Sorcs out there! Clearly!

This is why people like Galarthor and me can't take you seriously. Full denial and strawman mode. What's worse, you're wasting everyone's time spilling nonsense, while Incap still needs attention. Bugger off and let us do our job here.

A smart player will not use an invis pot until it's needed to escape not to gank. Its you that cant be taken seriously if you think nightblades use invis pots to gank. I never suggested anything of the sort.

I also never suggested that sorcs were gankers. So your comment makes you look foolish despite the obvious sarcasm.

But, don't worry. Sorcs will have their come around again. The rest of us will do our job and make sure of it.

You said everyone had access to invisibility via pots. Already ignoring my point about SPAMMABLE invisibility.
    Listen, man, just leave it. If you don't have it to understand what I'm writing, don't try. You're wasting everyone's time and nerves. Focus on something more suited to you.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s now not so much of a “Incapacitating Strike”, but rather it’s more of an “Inconveniencing Strike”, isn’t it.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Magicka Incapacitating Strike"
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »

Nightblade players generally are better despite the shortcomings of the class. That's because rogue-like characters always attract a larger part of the better players in MMO's.

Is that enough to overcome balancing? You gotta remember that mage-type characters always attract a larger part of the smarter players in MMO's.
    *thinking*
    Edited by Lord-Otto on May 20, 2019 1:34AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You said everyone had access to invisibility via pots. Already ignoring my point about SPAMMABLE invisibility.
    Listen, man, just leave it. If you don't have it to understand what I'm writing, don't try. You're wasting everyone's time and nerves. Focus on something more suited to you.

I dont give a damn about ganking.
    Using cloak to try to get close enough to a target and hope you dont get detected is too slow, risky and not a very effective way to gank. Might work in close quarters once in a while but not much.

Most gankers use (or did before Elsweyr) bow HA or snipe>ambush>incap> then SA or 2H execute if needed. It's much faster and hard hitting than cloaking up to a target.

In any case, my point is not about ganking.
    As an ESCAPE mechanism on a stamblade an invis pot is much better than cloak because you can get 6 seconds more invisibility using a pot and you don't use resources and have to reapply the cloak.

Edited by Katahdin on May 20, 2019 1:41PM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Using cloak to try to get close enough to a target and hope you dont get detected is too slow, risky and not a very effective way to gank. Might work in close quarters once in a while but not much.

Most gankers use (or did before Elsweyr) bow HA or snipe>ambush>incap> then SA or 2H execute if needed. It's much faster and hard hitting than cloaking up to a target.

As an ESCAPE mechanism on a stamblade an invis pot is much better than cloak because you can get 6 seconds more invisibility using a pot and you don't use resources and have to reapply the cloak.

It doesn’t matter what toon I’m on... I have some invis pots for such use. Ever seen a Stam sorc go dark and heavy weave a dbos on a confused target? Lol
    Edited by Insco851 on May 20, 2019 1:54PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Until you get knocked out of that invis pot once. Then you're screwed. And that is where spammable invisibility has the edge. I do get your point about the longer invisibility, but that invis pot is also better on a NB, as you can cloak should the pot get broken. Not to mention Shade to teleport to safety in the first place.